Search found 133 matches

Return

Re: SAAFL Division 4 2014

Its going to be interesting to see how they go because they have lost a whole side i cant see them fairing any better in div 4 this year compared to Div 3. They will still get pumped by the sounds of it. they should of stuck it out, lots of other clubs have in the past and will in the future its the way promotion/relegation works.
by BZB27
Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Young coaches.

In 2011 at Salisbury we had a 23 year old coach the B's and he took us to the grand final. He was a very good coach and he had the respect of all the playing group.
by BZB27
Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL division 6 2014

Looks like Mr Hird is in deep trouble. Mrs Hird coming to his defence and stirring trouble again. Why cant they just accpet it. Be thankful that he still had his job. And a paid 4 month holiday. Now it looks like he will join the rest of the un-employed because of his wife's silly statement. Anyway it opens the door for BOMBER Thompson to take the Bombers to a premiership.

There is an afl thread mate
by BZB27
Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 Grand Finalists and spoon comp

Div 1:
Goodwood v Gaza
Spoon: Portland

Div 2:
Broadview v Gepps Cross
Spoon: Flinders Pk

Div 3:
Modbury v Athelstone
Spoon: Kilburn

Div 4
Pooraka v Golden Grove
Spoon: Pultney

Div 5:
Greenacres v Para Hills
Spoon: Brahma Lodge

Div 6:
Rosewater v Mawson Lakes
Spoon: Mitchell Pk

Div 7:
Houghton v Smithfield
Spoon: Wingfield

Div 8:
TTG v PNU
Spoon: Norh Haven
by BZB27
Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 Formula 1 World Championship

Riccardo is in the box seat for the win at this stage he has driven perfect so far, with the others faultering so far.

Cant belive that shreds of a tyre has gotten stuck on rosbergs radio dial.

I reckon Raikkonen is in with a chance for a podium.
by BZB27
Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL draft - Thurs 27 Nov - (also PSD/Rookie draft 3/12/1

Just wanna say a big congrats to my cousin Declan Hamilton getting picked up by the Western Bulldogs at pick 39 hope you have a great career mate.
by BZB27
Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 6 - 2015

its a silly comment but can be done in tongue and cheek also the history of a club is not about the flags they win it is more about the friends you make and the people you meet along the way that make a club every club has a history

And here i thought you were just a heartless troll Starkky then you come and pull out the sentimental stuff brings a tear to my eye ;)
by BZB27
Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 7 - 2015

marbles wrote:If salisbury west get a 1 team chance in div 7 will they be a threat to the houghton vs angle vale grand final? :)

They will be in C1 mate.
by BZB27
Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think its time for them to just leave div 6 and 7 how they are now and everyone move on to start talking about the season ahead, instead of a never ending change of gradings for clubs
by BZB27
Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The talk is to have a 19 round season with top four making finals and playing a 3 week finals series. And in one of the rounds have 3 teams have a bye so everyone plays the same amount of games. Its what the adelaide plains league do from what ive been told.

I wrote this like 3 hours ago.
by BZB27
Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Seeing as it's the week leading into round 1 I thought I'd give a run down on all clearances seeing as i dont know who is an a grader or not at each club. I have not included Adelaide Uni because they have a side higher up.

Angle Vale

In's (17)
James Banks (Denied) - Elizabeth
Troy Blackford-Smith - Smithfield
Shannon Clegg - Mawson Lakes
Braden Collins (Denied) - Elizabeth
Phillip Dudley (Pending) - North Pines
Ryan Hollamby (Pending) - Elizabeth
Jye Karpany (Pending) - North Pines
Dean Nisbet - Mawson Lakes
Geoff Ryles - Elizabeth
Kym Schunke - Greenacres
Chris Stephens- Brahma Lodge
Adam Varcoe - SANFL
Rocky Vigara - APFL
Ashley Walker - North Pines
Jarrod Weinert (Denied) - Elizabeth
Kris Whitaker (Denied) - Elizabeth
Josh Williams (Denied) - Elizabeth

Out's (6)
James Fidock - HFL
Christopher Field - Para Hills
Paul Fitzgerald (Denied) - Brahma Lodge
John Lightfoot - Brahma Lodge
Dwayne Nisbet - Smithfield
Brad Williams - Brahma Lodge

Banks, Collins, Whittaker, Williams all staying at Elizabeth

I had a feeling that might have been the case just wasnt sure so i put them up anyway.
by BZB27
Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Mark Robb next
by BZB27
Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I know we have played you yet Morrell but id have your lot in at least the also rans. You havnt been smashed in any game and look to be getting better each week. Out top end is as good as anyones - Roberts, Walscak, Hyde, Weekley, Bradford, Lindholm, McDonnell, Pike - so we're always competitive, but our bottom 5 have no right playing A Grade in my opinion - our depth is very poor. So when we cop 2 or 3 injuries (or holidays or weddings or whatever) to the wrong blokes, we can't grab a "star" reserves player to do a role.

This affects rotations as well, as we have to play our guns for longer and in more arduous positions. They get tired quicker and sure enough we're seeing teams kick scores in the second half.

We were in front in the third quarter against St Paul's, we were even with Adelaide Uni all day until the last, Angle Vale are the outlier, they went bang in the third.

Some people would say that is fitness - and I think that might be a slight issue, but I think it's more related to depth.

We need to add another 5-10 good quality A Grade players before we can climb back up.

I guess thats the same with alot of clubs its got to do with the last 5-8 guys in the side which determine how good the rest of the side will be. You need all 21 playing there role for things to work nowdays. You cant just rely on youre top 5 to get the job done. Id say it has more to do with skill than fitness at this stage morell!
by BZB27
Tue May 12, 2015 12:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

In one game we lost all 3 of our key backman by halfway thru the 2nd.

Then we lost our main man, leader of men, carrier of the flag, with a back like a bear and a head like a babies bottom against Salisbury West.

But apart from that not too bad :)
by BZB27
Tue May 12, 2015 3:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Q. wrote:Rexy used to do the same from our timekeepers box.

Now its reserved for the stats men
by BZB27
Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (TV Spoilers, NO BOOK SPOILER

Id go close to saying best episode ever
by BZB27
Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Thought id give this a decent crack been flicking through team lists and best players and working out what possie most play from what people have wrote.

F: Smiech(SP) McDonnell(MP) Gilling(HD)
HF: Vanhoren(AV) Nassereddine(SP) Gollan(AV)
C: Bradford(MP) Hincks(SP) Karpany(AV)
HB: Nihill(AU) Schuppan(MP) Walsak(MP)
B: T.Smith(SW) Bondio(AU) J.Currie(HD
R: C.Schutz(HD) Mcmurtrie(HD) J.Davis(HD)
I: Burgess(AV) Jones(SW) J.Adamo(SP)

Wasnt trying to be bias with the on ball brigade but i do think they are the best ive seen.
by BZB27
Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just wanna send a shout out to the Adelaide Uni blokes who stuck around for an hour and a half after the game after going down by 10 goals could have been forgiven to leave as soon as possible but showed me they are a class act.
by BZB27
Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 14 - Normal transmission has resumed

Up the Sainters :) that is all
by BZB27
Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Robb_Stark wrote:
BZB27 wrote:Ur gonna cope it tomorrow Starky lol

just got a message from the big chief himself making sure im going to this place and to bring correct change i assume they got a boxing ring and protective gear i think i may have unleashed the beast in Q

Yeah u dead
by BZB27
Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015 Ashes

Bang
by BZB27
Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Angle Vale keep there finals hopes alive by knocking off St Pauls gonna be an interesting last 3 weeks of the season
by BZB27
Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: St Kilda 2015

David Armitage just extended his contract by another 3 years when he still had a year to run on his old contract which should see him be a one club player which is great news for us :)
by BZB27
Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Q. wrote:
Computer Crashed wrote:So it looks like it's bye bye to Brahma next season.
Well earnt.

Where are they going?

He must not read other topics cos if he did he would know no clubs are getting relegated from div 6 this year.
by BZB27
Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Equation

With the last round less than 15 hours away i thought id put the equations for all clubs battling for finals and the drop.

Div 3

Phos Camden have top locked away

Athelstone have 2nd locked away

Pembroke v Old Ignatians whoever wins this game gets the double chance with Old Iggies being higher on the ladder by having a draw. Also if Pembroke lose and Golden Grove win against Seaton then Golden Grove will jump to 4th and lock in a home final.

No matter what happens Seaton will be dropping to Div 4.

Div 4

Alot of changes could happen by the end of this round but the only certain thing is Glenunga is getting relegated.

All North Haven need to do is win at Hope Valley and they will sew up top spot. Lose and id say they will finish 2nd.

Salisbury will be hoping Hope valley can knock of North Haven cos then all Salisbury need to do is win at Kenilworth they will take first by having superior percentage. But lose and id say the worse they would slip down to would be third.

The big double chance showdown is between Eastern Park and Kilburn. Eastern Park just need to win and they will lock in 3rd and Kilburn finish 4th. If its the other way round and results fall Kilburns way eg Salisbury losing then Kilburn will finish 2nd. If Salisbury win and Kilburn win then 3rd awaits.

And to top it all off its an elimination final come early between Westminster and Pooraka. Its simple winner claims 5th and loser goes drowns there sorrows.

Div 5

Just like the higher grades the spoon has been locked away with Woodville Sth heading down to Div 6 next year.

Blackfriars have locked away top spot no matter what happens this week.

Simple for CLG win and lock in 2nd lose to Elizabeth and they could slip to 3rd.

Para Hills will be hoping that CLG lose and that they beat CBC and they will take 2nd lose and lose big and they could unlikely though drop to 5th but more likely 4th.

Elizabeth will need to beat CLG and have Para Hills lose to have any chance of stiching up 3rd if they lose and CBC win then they will finish 5th.

CBC need to win against Para Hills to be any chance to rise to 4th and if they have a really big win they could pass Elizabeth( if they win) on percentage for 4th.

Div 6

As most who read all topics will know no team will get relegated Central Utd are safe for the year.

Smithfield win against Ingle Farm and top spot is theres, lose and Lockleys win then 2nd is there final placing.

As stated above if Smithfield lose and Lockelys win they will take top. If they lose then 2nd is still locked away.

A West Croydon win over Brahma Lodge will locked them into 3rd a loss and Trinity knocking off Lockleys and a 4th place finish is in store.

Fitzroy have to unfortunate place of not controlling there destiny but its going to be extremely unlikely and unlucky if Ingle Farm absolutaly spank Smithfield and make up 6% to take 5

Div 7

Every spot has been locked away so should just all have a week off and have tea and scones instead :)
by BZB27
Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What's your clubs awards?

The way i see it if a club pays players then best player awards can used for sponsers and club vouchers but if the club doesnt pay then they can raise the awards up so you are rewarding the blokes playing good footy.
by BZB27
Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sounding an awful lot like a love in right now.

#bringbackthebiff
by BZB27
Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Robb_Stark wrote:i didnt play one week because i was playing playstation some nights i did not train because i was in the middle of a mission

and in my defense Grand Theft Auto had only just came out no regrets

This is true i can vouch for this :)
by BZB27
Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Adelaide Uni In's: Hutton, Lewis and Vickery.

Mostly from their C1 and C2 sides although Lewis has played D1R this year and did some good things at a very high standard (D2 and D1) in '12 and '13.

Why not bring him in for the first game in this side for the year. :?

Lewis has also played at sanfl level at North
by BZB27
Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Qtr tme

Adel Uni 0.2
Houghton 5.5
by BZB27
Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

All over
Uni: 8.7.55
Mitchell Pk 9.6.60
by BZB27
Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I feel that if our club is lucky enough to come away with the flag on saturday that we have the right people in place to be very competetive in div 6. From what ive heard and seen the club has put the right people in place to take the club forward some 2-3 years ago. This year is also the first time both A's and B's will play on Grand Final day together and the club has never had so much depth and there will be at least 5-10 blokes unlucky to miss out on a game this week.
by BZB27
Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Q. wrote:Just find a club you like playing footy at, that's all that matters.

Thats what i did :)
by BZB27
Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Zartan wrote:
BZB27 wrote:the A Grade side for the GF?

Have to wait in see ;)

May have a fitness test coming up

Roling the difference! Get him in there! :lol:[/quote]

Im sure he thinks he is also :lol:
by BZB27
Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Harry49 wrote:
morell wrote:Where are all the Houghton people??

Don't tell me there was a coaches instruction to stay away from safooty last night?

Too busy trying to figure out my bets for the weekend ;)

Also i copped it from a couple of players who didnt get mentioned in my match up write up :lol:
by BZB27
Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015 Assocation Medals

I guess thats what happens when its 6 minutes a div whats the point in going all that way for that. Bring back the old days when there would be different div counts at different venues.
by BZB27
Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

morell wrote:
fisho mcspaz wrote:Please note this is intended in good spirit and not as an insult. Nothing wrong with sheep! ;)
shots fired! :lol: :lol:

No comment :lol:
by BZB27
Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think the coaches should discuss after games.
Only downside with coaches doing the votes is if one is a little bias or wants to push the agenda of a certain player - especially if they think that player is getting close or a chance to win the medal.

No easy answer, leave it as is, nothing is perfect but generally I think the results end up right even if a few blokes are robbed/gifted votes - anything below top 3 doesn't really count for much anyway..

Yeah, definitely a good point! There's definitely no option that wont come under scrutiny. Unless coaches and umpires discuss it and then umpires make the final call. Something needs to change. The fact i polled the same as Jai McMurtrie makes it a little embarrassing.

Ill be getting into him tonight that i did also :)
by BZB27
Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Mate just let them enjoy there flag
by BZB27
Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Will do mate but you gotta come out of retirement ;)
by BZB27
Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016 gradings

jo172 wrote:God I'm over clubs telling the league "what we wanna do". Top 60 A Grade sides should be playing in the top 6 divisions.

Bloody hell mate trying to be coy. We wanna go to div 6 its up to the league not us
by BZB27
Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: End of season movements. FA, trades, bullshit etc.

Q. wrote:
MW wrote:Paying massive overs for a petulant player

Overs for two petulant players. Carlisle and Freeman.

Wont be overs in 3-5 years time :lol:
by BZB27
Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: EPL Season 2015/2016

Just because it came up on my FB feed, thought I'd share some of the genius of Matt Le Tissier. Any young bucks that don't know much about this bloke should have a look. Absolute freak!!

rp-XhGIyGdo

Watched this last night never heard of him before but he had amazing touch and striked them perfect
by BZB27
Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Could I be SAFootys first football club owner

Since reading this thread last week ive decided to jump on board.

Saw on facebook today that they are in the process of getting an international clearance for Rory Patterson from Nothern Ireland who is also the leading all time scorer at the club and played in the orginal team for 3 seasons.
by BZB27
Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Could I be SAFootys first football club owner

Well already got 7 losses for the season ill shaw up the defence ;)
by BZB27
Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Division 6 2016

Unfinished business
by BZB27
Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yes ill just give you round 1 though

Fitzroy v Ingle Farm
Houghton v Trinity
West Croydon v Mitchell Pk
Mawson Lakes v Brahma Lodge
Adelaide Lutheran v Woodville Sth
by BZB27
Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Any clubs got special requests for anzac day cause i reckon that will be what makes the fixture change, here is the current match ups for that weekend

Round 4

Brahma Lodge v Fitzroy
Woodville Sth v Houghton
Adelaide Lutheran v West Croydon
Ingle Farm v Mawson Lakes
Mitchell Pk v Trinity

can i make a request for a home game? woody south is a decent hike after a day of abusing #88 with 12 stubbies under the belt!

Dont forget the 5 burgers you would consume also :)
by BZB27
Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Chris motley and Dylan brooks $400 /game at Brahma. will leave after the 1 year
That is such a waste of money. That's why footy is going down hill fast. No-one plays footy now because they want to play with their mates or because they enjoy playing at the club. Such a shame .

I dont agree with that statement at all mate, sure there are a few who change abit either for money or for greener pastures but there is a hell of alot more who stay for nothing and stick around with there mates.

I myself changed quite abit but now ive found a club that id do anything for and only want to see it succeed
by BZB27
Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NFL Season 2015/16

Back on the winners list again go you Browns
by BZB27
Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |