Search found 111 matches

Return

Re: SAAFL division 5 2014

If Tom can get through the season, will be a big pick up. Hopefully for his sake he does cos' he has been through a fair bit just to play footy.

Am overseas so not sure where the club is at in regard to Mattner and Eagles but I can tell you they have moved heaven earth for big matty over the years and Pasky had no issues getting him from us so my concern for them is zero. Would be great to have the big guy back, great player and a top bloke, definitely a one of a kind, which is our speciality at Havens.
by Boosh
Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Mr Beefy wrote:$300?

Warmer
by Boosh
Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

That would be a very brief arguement HH3
by Boosh
Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

He got some good info actually, stop Medhurst and you stop Rosewater.
by Boosh
Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Thats the usual trend thanks to our good friends at the Port Adelaide Football Club
by Boosh
Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Clubs in strife

probably 3-4 things that stand out

1.seems lot more people are quitting the game due to age/work/family
2.most Junior clubs have had a drop in numbers overall (yes we all know about the super clubs they are not effected)
3.clubs are a stone throw away from each other around the north that i know of so we all after the same people
4.parents dont want there kids playing football as they think it is to rough

its a big issue the power house clubs dont help the situation one bit trying to take every single kid to there club and stuff the rest......i personally can see in the future north clubs will either fold or merge as the numbers drop of while we all love our club lot are just so near each other that it creates huge problems

Your points are very valid. I know of several kids who have given it away over the years purely because they weren't able to get a regular game and Mum & Dad didn't like it so pulled them out. Maybe time for the junior associations to set a limit on the number of kids clubs can have in their respective age groups so they do head off to another club for a game.

The WDJFL firstly changed the hugely successful format of Auskick U9 U11 U13 U15 to Auskick U8 U9 U10 U11 U12 U13 U14 U16 on the instruction of the biggest clubs in the league so the basically could harvest more players.
When this caused the very obvious fixture, timing and oval availability issues, the big clubs suggested a solution to go back to two year age group gaps but what would we they do with all these poor players they harvested up that won't fit back into the old system?

Well they had a great solution, make each grade have two divisions so they could field a team in each thus securing all the players they can grab and to ensure they had removed any competition from the surrounding clubs.

It sounds fantastic but what happens when the only clubs left are Henley and Port District, who will they play? Who would be interested in such a competition? And who will replace all the disenfranchised kids that will go play other sports?

The worst part of all of this is that clubs like Portland North Haven Rosewater etc not only sat back and let this happen but encouraged it.

If I had a hand in this I wouldn't sleep well at night.
by Boosh
Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 3 2014

It has always been the case that you need two teams to compete in the divisions that have a reserves comp for a side to be in div 3 with no reserves is a joke.

Sides are just picking and choosing what they do now, relegation and promotion are no longer certainties.

It affects us because we meet the league criteria and don't pick and choose where we play and when we have lean years we face the music.
by Boosh
Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Thats the usual trend thanks to our good friends at the Port Adelaide Football Club

This has nothing to do with Port Adelaide. If players chose to go to Districts from North Haven its come from the player not Port Adelaide.

I was involved at Port not so long ago, and once suggested that i would prefer a player play in Adelaide rather than play for a club on the West Coast, so we could watch him play more often, and i was taken into the GMs office and clipped across the ear.

Ahahahahaha that cracks me up, it's cute how you tried though.
by Boosh
Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

S Demon wrote:
nicole wrote:come on Demon Duke enlighten us all on the big name players Havens have lined up , all we know is there are two from Hope Valley that are interested .

Yep. They will arrive on their flying pigs :^o

As a rule of thumb SD Nicoles comments are usually ignored, reply at your own peril.
by Boosh
Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

it's ok scotroo..boosh is only saying that because havens are normally the hot faves in any given year. I think he's happy to handball the title..lol

Anyone who puts Havens as favourites at any stage of the year, any year is deluded.

Our record will uphold that statement.

Havens will be unbackable once the great Tommy Lipson returns to the field!

I know one man that will 100% agree with you
by Boosh
Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Very good game by us yesterday. I had to leave early, but I imagine the song went off after the game. Thats the first time we've done what we know we can do and put a side away.

Also, good to see that Brahma had a somewhat competitive game against Trinity. Looks like Brahmas on the up

Very happy with the effort by Havens, half our side played B Grade last year so it is pleasing to see the young lads take the step up.

Good to see you are up and about HH3, I thought something had broken as soon as it happened.

The absolute definition of bravery.
by Boosh
Sun May 11, 2014 9:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

NH B Grade would have about 5 or 6 left from the GF Last year and the year before I think they will improve over the season and hopefully make the finals but I doubt they will be the force they were last year.
On a positive note we are getting an average of 70 at trainings so numbers are good despite losing so many from that particular team.
Dols is partially correct a large number are in the As replacing players that moved on this season.

I haven't seen CLG but they seem to be pretty good from all reports. I have seen WOS though and I would rate them the second best team we have played behind Para Hills. But in an even comp any team can the look the goods on any given day.
by Boosh
Wed May 14, 2014 4:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 8 2014

Its a bit of a tricky situation and not ideal at the moment, but here's the facts:

The D grade coach approached the committee towards the end of last year and asked if he could put together a D grade side with a bunch of mates who mostly either haven't played for a few years or were currently playing lower level football at other clubs. The committee agreed that we should go down this path to increase the number of patrons at the club, as well as put us on par with the surrounding strong N/E clubs who all have 4-5 teams (TTG, Modbury, GG). They also had a sponsor already on board to buy them new jumpers

A side effect to having a new D grade is that our traditionally competitive C grade has been elevated into a very strong Div 8 competition. To further add to it, at least 12 regular C graders from the last 2-3 years decided late into the summer to hang the boots up for a number of different reasons. Something that Im sure other clubs can attest to this year. Add to that a large number of injuries in all grades, and the depth of our club has been tested. In hindsight, we could have put the D grade side (who have all come together to play) as the C grade side at the start of the year and the results for the C grade might be slightly different. Although I am fairly certain however that with the players GG had running around in their C grade on saturday, they probably would have beaten the D grade side we fielded and most likely even our B grade.

We thought with a number of kids coming up this year, the C grade side would still fill a competitive side. Another 2 x key C grade players took off overseas recently (returning soon) so the core group from 2013 is basically non existent and something we didn't see coming. The side will improve after the bye with any luck and hopefully so will their results.

I definitely wouldn't say the D grade are sandbagging. If we pick the best 25 and then the rest play D grade, we run the risk of most or all of those blokes that came to play together being split up and then not playing at all and losing our D grade side completely, stuffing around Div 8R and adding another bye to the fixture as well copping any financial penalties from the league.

We took a punt on getting up a D grade side which has brought at least 40 new blokes into the club (and let me tell you, those boys don't mind spending a bit over the bar and easily outnumbered GG players in their clubrooms after both games were finished) so from that perspective it has been a success. Not many of them train consistently either, whereas the C grade boys do train and warrant their spot. Just because there is some talent in the D grade, doesn't mean they should be playing C grade. A bloke who trains twice a week should be picked before someone who doesn't train at all, regardless of ability. #17 for example in your C grade would walk into most A grade midfield's at any club in any division. But he works and can't train. He's getting a gig before other blokes who might be training two nights a week and still playing D grade. I don't necessarily agree with that, but I'm not involved at GG and it has nothing to do with me

This whole D grade venture has been a learning experience for us and we having ongoing discussions about what to do in 2015 if we continue to have a D grade side. We will look at all options, including having this group all play together in the C grade. But then I'm sure Hefty you will still complain about them sandbagging in that grade too, because there is probably at least 5 x players who could play A grade if they were committed and actually wanted to play a higher level. I don't think we're the only club in SA who has some talent playing lower grade football

These issues are almost identical to what North Haven has faced since starting a D Grade. We seem to have got the balance write this year and hopefully it can be maintained. Being similar sized clubs that predominately play in divisions 4 and 5, it is interesting how our lower grades are following a similar pattern.
We decided to move to four sides the season after our C Grades played in the GF against each other and our Cs have struggled in that grade but have improved significantly since that season and are a far better side then they were that season.
Make of that what you will but I think you will find a similar result if you stick at it.
by Boosh
Mon May 26, 2014 9:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015: 7 Pure A-Grade Divisions

Whilst I acknowledge this is a issue that needs to be addressed if my club were not permitted to be promoted in their A Grade to ensure some Div 1 and 2 clubs C and D Grade have a more even competition I would be taking a very dim view of that situation.
by Boosh
Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just some thoughts on our other recent opponents.

Went out to Brahma looking forward to a bit of payback after they have beaten us over the last couple years and rubbed our faces in it in a very unsportsmanlike manner. We did beat them easily but none of the culprits from previous years were there and the lads I spoke to after the game were pretty good guys who were making the best of a difficult situation. We have been there and I know it is hard but I reckon they will bounce back in Div 6 next year.

Last week Luthies came out to North Haven and I expected to see their 4 supporters, army of cheating umpires and the most obnoxious match day official I have ever come across. But credit to Luthies they certainly didn't disappoint, they ticked all those boxes and more.
There are some good guys out there and they are a good footy side on their day but they have some people I really don't like.
They probably feel the same about us.
by Boosh
Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

No sarcasm.

Maybe im not thinking clearly after discovering the person I thought was the toughest footballer ive played with is actually a cat owner and sleeps with this cat. I really don't know how I feel about all of this.
by Boosh
Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Footy Chick wrote:Unless Lance is your C grade umpire, I doubt it :lol:

Honestly, no exaggeration he is the one of the strangest people I have ever come across.

When you get 30 messages in 2 hours from the same person just saying 'Ring' over and over again you start to fear for your life.
by Boosh
Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

nicole wrote:what happened to Havens good umpire from last year , bring him back i say .

Another nut job.
by Boosh
Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

our B Grade umpire is supplied by the league and we pay a premium for that privilege I will admit he is complete muppet. Are you telling us while we all have to find club umpires, you are getting your B grade umpire supplied by them (and criticising him at the same time)

That's not at all what I am saying, I am saying we showed initiative and asked the league at the end of last season if they had any umpires looking for work then please let us know which they did. These umpires go to the highest bidder usually.

There are two lessons here.

We used initiative as we knew our umpire was retiring, I suggest you look into it as initiative can be an excellent tool.

The other is a market system, which is a mechanism for determining price. This will be of particular value to yourself as it is the cornerstone of our way of life.
by Boosh
Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The game between CBC and Lutheran this weekend may be the defining line between who stays in the top five for the rest of the year and who drops out for Westminster.
The last three games
Lutheran V Havens Loss
Lutheran V CLG Loss
Lutheran V Elizabeth Loss
CBC V CLG Loss
CBC V Elizabeth Loss
CBC V Trinity Win
Westminster v Trinity Win
Westminster V Bramah Win
Westminster V Greenacres Win
Lutheran to finish with 16 points , win SAT 18 Points
CBC to finish with 18 , win Sat 20 points
Westminster to finish with 20 points.
Lutheran must win to stay in the finals .

This makes complete sense and no spelling errors, who wrote this for you?
by Boosh
Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL division 6 2014

Rosies Bgrade had a very different side to the one we played earlier in the season. They looked fit and ball use was very good something we clearly couldn't match. Hopefully was a wake up call for our group. Having a lighter and fitter Horsell in the midfield and Todd Shannon although our full back reckons he only kicked 3 was a huge plus for them. No.13 was a handful in their forward line too.
Number 13 would be Jason Kouba? Yes most definitely a handful, kicked a bag against us the last time - quick off the mark, strong, worked hard inside 50 with repetitive leads, resetting and going again.. And like all good footballers was a left footer :P

Just to clarify I have seen Kouba play footy for many years and never have I heard him described as a good footballer, or an OK footballer, or as a decent footballer, or even as a footballer now that I think about it.

I didn't know he was a left footer though, are his mongrel punts slightly less mongoloid on the left?
by Boosh
Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Someone was posting that Westminster were late movers in the premiership race.
Made a statement on the weekend.

Luthies' spot in the five under the pump, they'll be fighting for that until the last game, against Elizabeth.

I pencilled them in as dark horses last week

I think JS Sports might think the same...
photo (2).jpg

..thought it was only North Haven who got the shirts done early ;)

Haha that's brilliant.

Whilst I won't deny we used to get ahead of ourselves we have never had T Shirts made even when we have made Grand Finals, we aren't that organised.
by Boosh
Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Tough slog out at Luthies on Saturday, they wanted it more in the first half we wanted it more in the second.

3 goals from returning captain Duerden, in his 2nd full game for the year was a big positive for us.

The oval is a mess good luck to anyone having to play on it again this year.

On that though it isn't Luthies fault about the oval, there isn't much you can do about it, we have been fighting the council for decades to fix ours without much luck.

Mind you Havens deck looks brilliant this time of year.
by Boosh
Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

bubba love wrote:Havens havnt played in a GF since 03 and that was against roseies, perhaps too many beers that day as a young lad LK haha

Oh dear
by Boosh
Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 2 2014

Could be a touch unfair for the other D7 teams?

yeah thats what cohiba was leading too

but i think theyll be likely to cut player wages to pay off debts so if they have any big guns they wont be set for payment and may go elsewhere leaving only loyal towns boys who play for jumper and not money?

Personally I think they should have stayed in SAAFL. I was at the special meeting that was held at the club in 2008 and the general feeling was entry into SFL would be the saving of the club or the sinking of it, unfortunately I fear the latter. If they want back in we should welcome them with open arms , regardless of the Div because the decision makers from back then have all gone and the current people would just want to see their great club continue. 5 years time and they celebrate 100 years and they could be around Div 3 or 4 by then. Just in case anyone wonders of my interest, I am a life member, ex B grade coach, junior premiership coach, previous board member of 10 years at Edwardstown but a proud supporter of SAAFL. :)

So Edwardstown were struggling to pay the bills and pay players enough to compete in Div 1, the obvious solution is to stop paying players so much and find your natural position in the league.

On that basis until someone tells me otherwise I have the same amount of sympathy for them as I have for Kilburn.
by Boosh
Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I understand it is hard but am i right in saying you dont have to supply asnything for the middle game as you are not playing. It is the home team in that game that has to supply nearly everything, not you blokes just becausae it is at your ground. Or am i wrong?
Ah I think you are right? Think Old Fullbacks concern is that the support staff will be in for a long day setting up and preparing the C grade, then heading to the B grade before returning to the A grade?

I'm over it already, lets talk footy..

How many of Rosewaters A grade are following Steve Dunn to Kilburn in 2015? ... plenty..

Ive heard there is a few from various clubs heading back there next season.

The Kilburn cycle begins again, flogging a dead horse.
by Boosh
Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bedgie you causing trouble wherever you go pal
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/buchan-admits-fielding-ineligible-player-in-omeo-and-district-finals/story-fni0fiyv-1227041222327

Speaking of this..... Did Taheny for Rosies really play a C grade game?

Surely you are not suggesting that a player Rosewater are flying down from Darwin to play footy for them was named in C4 in the system in order to get his games up to qualify for the finals even though he didn't actually play in that game?

I can't believe you would suggest that Rosewater have illegally qualified him.

It's just shocking that anybody would think that there is foul play here, it's just shocking.
by Boosh
Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 Club Best & Fairest winners

So obviously Havens don't include finals in votes.

Mind blown.
Correct Q, in my senior career since 08 I'm pretty certain we never have. We did ours last Saturday, the weekend after round 18.

Yep DK, we have never included finals and I actually have never heard of anyone including finals in theirs but I don't get out much. I get a bit dizzy crossing the Birkenhead bridge so Houghton is a foreign land to me.
by Boosh
Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

they didnt have much to get excited about for 3 quarters! :)

i thought the crowd was excellent and ringed most of the oval..i see you had stalls set up on the western side which were frequented well and would have been a good money spinner..oval was patchy but not hard and that was important with most ovals like concrete atm..beers after the game were very much appreciated..you should be proud of your club and they way they went about it..with a strong B grade plus a C and D grade you are definitely ready for division 4..

the only dampener for me was the 2 men in white who were over the top officious and umpired like it was a game between the bloods and the crips paying light infringement penalties all day..i dont like to discuss umpires as they DONT determine who wins or loses and they didnt this time either but with 60 (and i know the split) frees in such an important game it certainly wasnt what were expecting from umpires from higher divisions..good umpires are not noticed..these 2 were noticed by everyone at the game..they spoiled a really good hard game of footy with far to many free kicks..

Maybe I was too exhausted to notice the umpires or maybe we got a good run but I thought they were ok, a lot of touchy stuff but it stayed like that all day. I don't like it when they change from touchy decisions to letting everything go then back to touchy.

Thanks for the feedback Zed, looking forward to a good day out at CLG on Saturday. I am hoping for a draw and extra time.
by Boosh
Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 4 2014

Since it's close to the 1 year anniversary any Woodville South posters care to let me know if we will ever get a copy of the Div 5 Reserve Grand Final? Since we paid for it and John no longer returns our calls just wondering if any of you have a copy of it.
They aimed for relegation once it was clear Havens were looking likely to come up to Divvy 4 as well - just to keep avoiding you :lol:

Very cunning!

Have you missed us SD?
bet the Valley boys are looking forward to changing in the dark at havens change rooms again :lol:

I've already taken the globes in anticipation.

There will be a frog nightlight and a lava lamp, enjoy.
by Boosh
Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

LaughingKookaburra wrote:Are you my missus because she always rubs it in my face when I'm wrong.... Which is quite often ;)

I logged on just to like that comment.

You were right about 1 thing, GF at Kenilworth. Heard a rumour about how much they paid to host the game, astonishing.
by Boosh
Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Footy Chick wrote:Well there's one rivlalry we're more than happy to re-kindle next year.

Welcome back :D

I'll have to come along and watch that game to get my perv on ;)

Are you saying you are not happy to rekindle the rivalry with the other side coming up, I know SD is excited.
by Boosh
Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Footy Chick wrote:No lucky, no perv.

He was wearing a port districts Guernsey at the power game yesterday and that gold sash wasn't flattering him
by Boosh
Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Biggest Finals Upsets

I don't think it has anything to do with being old scholars or whether or not you pay players. To me its far more critical that players get along at a club and socialise together But this is the exact point!

If you're an old scholars club, there is a reasonable chance that a lot of the players have known eachother for a long time, gone to school together, or at least socialised together outside of footy for a long time.

If you're a mercenary club that recruits players who are there for money, this wouldn't be the case - or at least not to the same degree, which might not cause divisions or mutiny or anything like that, I am sure they're still good people, but in cut throat finals, playing for your mates that you've known since year 9, counts for a bit.

Personally speaking, I played for a team in Victoria that paid players, I was one of them, and it was different. Everyone was friendly enough towards each other but it definitely wasnt a group of mates playing together.

It's a factor come finals time IMO and might go some way to explaining CLG choking against WOS all the time.

The case in point is WOS vs North Haven, as Dragons says being old scholars has nothing to do with it and in my opinon being a close group is only part of it.
North Haven had 21 players of 22 in that game live with in a few kilometres of our club, most went to school together, played juniors together or are close friends in many cases all three. Add to that 3 sets of brothers and a father was assistant coach. I have never got along with a football team as much as I have with this one.

Yet we got comprehensively beaten by a team who was in good form, finals hardened and had an excellent game plan that was executed perfectly.
by Boosh
Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Biggest Finals Upsets

Also we pay players which had nothing to do with it.

Shocking isn't it.
by Boosh
Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Footy Chick wrote:Owen? man..havens are going to have the fittest d grade in existance!

A ruthless man but loved by every player who played for him. I've had a few coaches that I have really liked but I would probably rate Owie as the best. Still is respected as if he was still the coach.
by Boosh
Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Owen? man..havens are going to have the fittest d grade in existance!

A ruthless man but loved by every player who played for him. I've had a few coaches that I have really liked but I would probably rate Owie as the best. Still is respected as if he was still the coach.

Same here. He was my first senior coach and still the best. If I can't get my body right enough to play A's next year, I really wouldn't mind playing D's for him.

I remember one day at Pembroke circa 2004 that you were not as fond of him Boosh. No passengers on the field that day. ;)

*EDIT*

That may have been Stokesy, but pretty sure it was Owie.

Was Owen, he also once gave me and Chooky Chamberlain 1st and 2nd best in a game against Glenunga then watched the video of the game the next day called us in on Tuesday and said he didn't care how many kicks we got, we were out of position and not using the footy the way he wanted. His conclusion was that he regretted giving us best players and if we did it again this week we would be in the B Grade learning how to play the game properly. Moral of the story was we said sorry and we did as we were told the next game.
by Boosh
Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Boosh wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:There was definitely some talent in that team.

Most of it wasted.

Or Luke Moffatt ate it all.
by Boosh
Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dogwatcher wrote:Did you read what he said?

I did, he hasn't seen the incident so it's a story based on nothing. Lovely story though.
by Boosh
Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

No. I'm explaining what OF was trying to get at.
Six games for spitting, which is disgusting but not likely to injure anyone, as compared to seven games for what was regarded as a behind-the-play incident and has much potential for serious injury, seems a little off the mark to him.
He could be wrong - but naysaying his post with "cool story, bro" suggests his post was not understood by the respondent, who merely took a partisan view of what he was trying to say.

It was acknowledging that is was a nice story, a story based on half truths and his own imagination so it couldn't be considered as legitimate post relevant to anything.

I thought is was positive feedback as I didn't want to stand in the way of any dreams he has of getting into creative writing.
by Boosh
Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 4 - 2015

don't forget to make past players day against the valley next season. quadruple header? ;-)

I would prefer to reopen our argument with HV over not having triple headers from a few years ago.

I have already removed the light bulbs from the change rooms in anticipation.

Also the reverse fixture would be a delight in the A's with 3 games being played prior on HV's deck.
by Boosh
Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 3 - 2015

beef wrote:I think that its pretty disrepectful of plympton, from the couple times i saw them i thought they were a pretty good side. Golden Grove wouldve beaten Kilburn Salisbury and Mitcham. Thats about it.

They would probably beat Seaton in a final.
by Boosh
Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Nth haven havent wasted any time my mail is and this is from a westies player that div 4 medalist rowe, as well as haythorpe and mcafferty have signed or will sign at nth haven great pick up if indeed true..

Hopefully you're correct, if true the people in charge are keeping their cards close to their chest.

Anyone care to tell me what sort of players they are?
by Boosh
Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 3 - 2015

If Kilburn and Brahma Lodge come out and win premierships in 2015 with a bunch of fresh players the situation will only become even more comically farcical than it was in 2014

Does the above actually apply to Kilburn though?....They just got relegated in consecutive seasons to end up in div 4.....If they get a team together and crack it for a flag in 2015.....not to much wrong in that I would think.....unless you were making a point other than being assigned a Division for whatever reasons.

No different to payhnam in recent years really. May not have got flogged by as much but they flew up divisions then crashed back down just as fast and have now risen again.
You don't go down 3 divisions in a row with out losing a whole bunch of players each year. And ya don't come back up unless you get players back of fresh new faces . Good on kilburn and brahmas if they can win the premierships this year[/quote]

Brahma's situation is different, they are selecting which grade to be in, they should be in Div 4 this season instead of Div 6.
by Boosh
Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

youngblood wrote:North haven have done some very nice recruiting by the sounds of it

Well we need to replace HH3 now he is at Port Districts
by Boosh
Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

^^^ This is awkward.
by Boosh
Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Point is, why should other clubs miss out at all?

It just seem so inconsequential to miss out on a Reserves game, that it's hardly worth complaining about. Some people just want something to complain about I guess.

Not sure if this is correct but there might be a bigger gathering to a higher grade reserve game than lower?

Could be wrong but.

Revenue isn't the issue, if you can't field two teams you have no place in a two team comp.
by Boosh
Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 6 - 2015

woodublieve12 wrote:i can't believe i've agreed with Jetters twice in one day!!!

I agreed with Jetters and Marbles in the same day once, I had a long hard look in the mirror after that day.
by Boosh
Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Have thought the exact same thing LGIL
by Boosh
Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Stpauls for div 6, mawson lakes for div 7 heard last night

Where do you come up with this shit?

The draft draw is already out for div 6 and both those teams are in it FFS

Expect some severe thrashings to these 2 next season, mostly stpauls

A brand new club submitted into a pack of titans , st Paul's to break Kilburn records

Ah yes, I forgot that all A grade players in div 6 & 7 are finely tuned athletes that train 6 times a week & play for $600-$800 a game. :roll:

Rosewater aren't in Div 6 anymore #Mr Beefy
by Boosh
Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |