Search found 256 matches

Return

Re: SAAFL Division 1 2014

joshy taylor and adam pepe to salisbury north, looked like they both might of ended up at portland at one stage, both on big coin to i hear

When don't people sign for "big coin". I have actually heard they have gone to SN very cheaply.

Famous for fly kicking an umpire playing u17's at port. Got 15 odd games if i remember correctly.
by superlative steve
Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL division 6 2014

pfft, I spend that on un-stocking the bar
by Mr Beefy
Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 8 2014

Geee Ovingham were such a good club, good organisation with a great ground and genuinely good bunch of blokes. Will be missed sorely.
by Thomilf
Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sounds like they just lost about 750 kilos also
by Dols
Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shaun 'diesel' Jacobsen to play in the country this year as he is still stuck their after filling his car up with diesel instead of petrol
by bubba love
Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL division 5 2014

Dogwatcher wrote:
Boosh wrote:
zedman wrote:a SAAFL centurion full forward appears to have been recruited by the dolphins..

Is he 100 years old?

You're thinking of a centenarian. The Dolphins have actually recruited a Roman soldier.

correct DW, my bad..and he kicked 100+ goals in a season as well :)
by zedman
Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

nicole wrote:Can anyone from Bramah Lodge comment on the rumors , that you have lost so many players, that you have asked the league if you can stay down in A4 this year.

In other breaking news, Kurt Cobain was found dead at his Seattle at home in what appeared to be a suicide...
by S Demon
Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 8 2014

Nek Minnut, Brahma Lodge in Div 8R :lol:
by Phantom Gossiper
Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm with Boosh....happened to me at Havens and boosh too. Robbed of a GF due to the salisbury west debarcle. They got dropped back and were a very good(div3 easy) at that time side..... leaving Havens in 3rd.

I think this situation is really tricky because if you drop a side back it often messes with the promotion/relegation principle....especially this late. Welldone for glenunga taking the opportunity but all the other div 5 sides...well I guess time will tell. I think teams that forfeit their div should start in lowest grade...but thats unfair too....why cant they just stay put in div 4?? thatis an actual query too...would like to know the politics.

on a good note for glenunga...Havens hd an opportunity to stay up a few years back and took it and played finals, but if they had ofdropped back...possibly a flag.........always a gamble....good luck rams

That "salisbury west debacle" was a bit different from a club asking to stay down .

It would be interesting to see what the league looks when deciding to approve a request from a club to stay down.

The difference being the undomesticated Londonberry Lads were penalized for their indiscretions by getting handed a premiership from the SAAFL while the other 9 clubs were penalized by having them there. TTG last year from Div 6 to Div 8 had no bearing on the season, lets hope it's the same in Div 5 this year
by LMA
Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

chief wrote:Greenacres looked to have grained some pace around the ground,looked good for there first hit out and can only get better we hope ended up about even in the end.

Wheat and barley were the standouts I hear.
by Q.
Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Clubs in strife

The amount of clubs struggling this year is absolutely unprecedented and quite honestly, bizarre.

Upon looking at the face of these clubs troubles, there doesn't even seem to be a common theme throughout as to why it's happening:

As we know it:

Angle Vale : A club that's on a 3 way border with APFL, BLG and SAAFL. Therefore if the country leagues aren't offering them $$, there's also the opportunity for them to go to one of another 5 odd clubs within a drop punt away (Smiffies, Units, EP, Lizbeff, even Salisbury North I guess) Great junior program but still a way from producing enough seniors out of it, if they don't end up at any of the above first.

Flinders Uni -Now with current students consisting of an increasing number of international students who have no interest in footy. Well within SFL boundaries and not far from GSFL, and which student is going to say no to a few $$? so most are going to go and play with mates in other leagues, especially if they never actually went to the Uni.

Mitchell Park – again, border SFL but they did have a lot of older blokes playing – again, juniors not established enough to provide any new blood yet and squished between a number of clubs in higher grades (Plympton, Kenilworth etc) Couldn't pinpoint to bad management, Some Div 1 clubs aren't run as professionally as this joint.

Kilburn – Now in an area essentially full of refugees as opposed to the hardened railway workers of years past. no juniors, and having to essentially buy teams, only for players to go back to their old clubs for the same/more money, despite having one of the best training/clubroom set ups in the league.

Brahma Lodge – only 2 or 3 junior teams that wont produce any seniors for at least 5 years and have had to fight for players with Salisbury, barely a Km away, then SW, Para Hills and the Mozzies all within sneezing distance. Stripped of their A grade side with chunks of players being offered more $$ in other leagues and the majority of EP blokes going back to EP.

Then there are normally strong clubs like TTG, Broadview and Flinders Park, Athelstone who have reduced their number of teams.

If anyone from the above clubs would like to add their take, please do - it's easy for the keyboard warriors to take a crack but clearly we have a problem here.

Are people just not playing footy anymore?
I'm not familiar with the country leagues - are they getting stronger because of their ability to pull in players with $$? or are they simply offering the big $$ to one better player and pulling their mates in with them?
Are some areas over-saturated with clubs?

Let the mass debate* begin 8)
by Footy Chick
Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Clubs in strife

I wrote in another thread that people tend to bail at the first sign of adversity and it creates an avalanche of sorts. Blokes don't want to rally around each other anymore, a lot of them just seem to desert their club.
by Q.
Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Footy Chick wrote:Let the mass debate* begin 8)

aaaaand i'm done.. 8)
by Phantom Gossiper
Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

probably 3-4 things that stand out

1.seems lot more people are quitting the game due to age/work/family
2.most Junior clubs have had a drop in numbers overall (yes we all know about the super clubs they are not effected)
3.clubs are a stone throw away from each other around the north that i know of so we all after the same people
4.parents dont want there kids playing football as they think it is to rough

its a big issue the power house clubs dont help the situation one bit trying to take every single kid to there club and stuff the rest......i personally can see in the future north clubs will either fold or merge as the numbers drop of while we all love our club lot are just so near each other that it creates huge problems
by Robb_Stark
Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I can tell you one thing that has changed in recent times is that Junior teams (and i can only speak of the NEMJFA) are actively recruiting other kids they have identified by luring parents over with the promise of their kid/s playing at a club that has produced other talent in the past. It is a dynamite idea. If you have a genuine gun junior player, who stands out as he plays for a team that is battling, Suddenly his folks get the phone call to move to this other club, he does and goes from strength to strength, then spends some time at SANFL clubs and if he doesn't make it, comes back a very handy player with lots of mates who he now has from the new club, whereas the old club is still battling.

The big clubs get bigger and the teams without juniors will find it tough to field sides in any grade.

Also another alarming trend is that some players think if they don't get an A-Grade game they will go to a lower division Team!! Fair enough if they are being recruited that is one thing, but players who are are battling to get a regular spot need to work harder not squib off to other clubs where it might be easier to get a kick!! Money is one thing, but the lack of genuine loyalty from players who are not yet consistent A-Grade quality is a concern.
by The Rooster
Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Is it greedy for a "big" club to actively recruit the betters players from a "smaller" club?
by Mr Beefy
Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

its round 1 of the finals this week!!! heres the big matches...

1st semi: TTG black vs TTG white @ TTG

2nd semi: TTG red vs TTG yellow @ TTG

who will take victory and take on the almighty TTG aqua next week for a spot in the grand final???

:D
by marbles
Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

But, there might be merit in suggesting the structure of the Junior system is affecting the sustainability of senior clubs
by Q.
Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 3 2014

Surely a decision would have been made by now if they were out.

If they stay on with one team than the whole league is compromised. You make some good points but if it is true Kilburn only have one team and as you say they should be banished from Div. 3, because of it, where do they go? Say they go to a c grade competition and they win a flag, That would be worth protesting about.

also, what if no one wants to go up to 3 to replace them, surely you're not suggesting hq can make a club go up if they don't want to.
by Old Dog New Tricks
Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Anyone know what will happen if Kilburn can't get a side up at all? Would another club be forced to come up? Or top three come up at the end of the season?
by lutz
Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

how about kids live in pooraka playing at golden grove and gaza all clubs in senior and junior need zones to protect the club in a small way that would help a little at the moment i know of 2 senior players who live in pooraka play at GG
by Robb_Stark
Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Boosh wrote:Any truth to the rumour that Portland have been exposed for using performance enhancing substances? One their players has apparently been importing Norwegian Glacial Water with mystical powers.

The secret ingredient is semen from the Great Eurasian Elk.
by Q.
Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Port told me to stay at North Haven.....weird
by HH3
Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

HH3 wrote:No. 9 I think. Wasn't a big one, fair, play on and he got straight up.

No.9? Playing A's HH3? Isn't that Daniel Reardon? :lol: :lol:
by Footy Chick
Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

We have a junior from our club, went to Port, and is now at Port District, with no other connections that I can see.

We would have on average 10 a year in that boat mate, the sooner Port Adelaide lose thier juniors the better it will be for the Port Adelaide area.
We have lost around six to Broadview through Nth Adelaide connection this year out of our U15 side.
Now we have 12 on the track and look like not having a side.
One side gone.
It's bullshit.

This is one of the reasons why the SANFL is dying. The clubs have this whole high and mighty attitude that we are merely feeder clubs to them. We encourage our best talent out to them and get nothing in return.

What they do not wish to accept is that a premiership for Rostrevor, or Reynella, or Uraidla, or Barossa Districts means no less to those clubs than an SANFL premiership does to Norwood, or an AFL premiership does to Hawthorn. Our existance does not revolve around providing players to our zoned club :evil:
by Look Good In Leather
Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Mr Beefy wrote:By the way, there are plenty more on the club fb page

Just had a look through. Some really good shots.

Is there an echo in here?

Capture.PNG
by HH3
Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Maybe he has factored in the impending merger
by Mr Beefy
Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hi. I'm dad.

Go Kilburn!
by smac
Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I went and watchd the first half of the Haven and Rossies game on the weekend and was a reasonable game, Mattner is going to cause head aches up forward for D5 defenders and with the predicted return of the big Tommy Lipson in about round 4 oppositoin team would have big problems stopping them both, if they can get enough supply from there midfield i can see them kicking some pretty big scores

Tom who ?
by superlative steve
Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

i see the under 15s TTG white team and TTG Red team played a half each against Hope Valley Blue team

TTG white team scored 2 points vs 8.11 by hope valley

then in the second half Hope Valley score 1 point to the TTG red 17 goals

this is the best example of why clubs should only have 1 team in each grade

Can you elaborate on why, particularly with reference to Phantom's post?

This looks to me like the exact reason for White and Red teams.
by jo172
Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Kilburn lost by 55 goals and there "b" grade forfeit, league should had made the hard decision and put them in "c1".
by Demon Juke
Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Quick game of devils advocate if Kilburn had of gone down to C1 but still had 8 or 9 A grade players available and made a complete mess of a C grade side would everybody be saying the league did the wrong thing and they should have stayed in D3. Sometimes you have to let situations play out to be able to find the correct solution.
by bandar
Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Flash Poll - Which grade do you think Kilburn should be

Div 3 - They made their bed, let them lie in it.

Glenunga a few years ago were losing by 40 goals in both divs (with some players having to play two games, just to ensure both teams played), they dropped divs and were relegated regularly and rebuilt. Teams shouldn't be gifted a way around a few years of pain just to allow them to rebuild quicker
by TheAussieBogan
Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Its a promotion relegation system that shouldn't change. If you cant field 2 sides then you go to the Cgrade comp with one side like we did in early 2000s and rebuild from there or you have a crack at the grade you are meant to be in like Kilburn have done. Whether its 50 goals or 10 goals you are where you should be. In my opinion its farcical this happened.
by Arch44
Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Phantom Gossiper wrote:My mail this evening is final nail in the coffin... "The Chics are dead, long live the Chics.." :(

It's not all doom and gloom. Their B grade only lost by 60 points
by wristwatcher
Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Heard Kilburn will play one more then forfeit. Then they can be in div 4 next season. If they forfeit season before playing 3 games next year if they are around they will be put in div 7. Heard 3 games constitutes a season, so the league has to put them in div 4 next season.

The league must be wrapped with them....
by Browny25
Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

nicole wrote:Very hurtful Boosh . No after match payments for you next game .

**** up nicole!
by HH3
Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

beefy i can do it faster

step by step guide

1.Phone: (08) 8443 8999
2.ask for Tony Sullivan
3.give him the list of players and he will tell you the points they come with
by Robb_Stark
Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Look Good In Leather wrote:
Or maybe Rosewater are breaking the rules and will get burnt

Or maybe you have NFI about how the APPS is applied in the SAAFL, as you have already shown.
I'm happy to show you, or anyone, how someone's points value has been calculated.
by Mr Beefy
Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

beefy i can do it faster

step by step guide

1.Phone: (08) 8443 8999
2.ask for Tony Sullivan
3.give him the list of players and he will tell you the points they come with
Off ya go then

i was posting on how you find out what a player is worth as the SAAFL web page is not that far advanced i would think all clubs would have checked this already with the league rather then do guessing work
I'm not guessing
by Mr Beefy
Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

it's ok scotroo..boosh is only saying that because havens are normally the hot faves in any given year. I think he's happy to handball the title..lol

Anyone who puts Havens as favourites at any stage of the year, any year is deluded.

Our record will uphold that statement.

Havens will be unbackable once the great Tommy Lipson returns to the field!
by Sturtman
Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

As much a clown he can be and some of his antics border full on disgrace. Tommy can turn a game on its head. I just hope for his sake his body holds up coz he can be a good player. Hasnt had much luck over the past few years and i hope he gets a string of games together. Will be very good for Havens if he can get up and about.
by SATCHEL
Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

scottroo wrote:Colonel Light Gardens host Brahma Lodge this Friday, 12.15pm start, face painting and bouncy castle for the kids.

All Welcome
and that's just in the Brahma change rooms!!!
by Dols
Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your guide to ANZAC day matches

Cos last year's Div 4 grand finalist is in Div 5...
by Mr Beefy
Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015: 7 Pure A-Grade Divisions

Boosh wrote:Whilst I acknowledge this is a issue that needs to be addressed if my club were not permitted to be promoted in their A Grade to ensure some Div 1 and 2 clubs C and D Grade have a more even competition I would be taking a very dim view of that situation.

Very well put.
by morell
Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

There's this new thing called the internet, which is faster than asking someone on a forum...cool huh ;)

From wikipedia - "Richard Cole (born 15 July 1983) "
by HH3
Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Robran wrote:Sweet big show what time does past players day start see if I can get there;-). .Will be a great day for the blodge club always very well organised.

Will be good to see the A grade lads from last year at the past players day ;)
by Browny25
Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

There was a similar umpiring issue back in Div 7 a couple years ago, where the SAAFL appointed umpire was actually the Angle Vale umpire because of it being convenient for everyone except the opposition.

I think that enough people complained that SAAFL ended up stepping in and made him umpire neutral games, which affected their win/loss ratio from that point.
by Haynzy
Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Solid whack there Boosh, I like it
by human_torpedo
Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |