Search found 314 matches

Return

Re: Rumours and Player Movement Discussions for 2014

Great to see MacLeod back at the club, while Rose has also signed.

The South Adelaide Football Club is pleased to announce two new recruits-Matthew Rose and Brent Macleod! Matthew Rose is a 21 year old, 181cm recruit from The Port Adelaide Football Club. He played 50 games for Port and kicked 30 goals. Rose is Midfielder/Forward.

Brent Macleod is a 185cm Midfielder. He played for South Adelaide in 2011. Macleod comes from Tuggeranong Hawks that moved to Canberra from the Geelong region to play in the NEAFL. Brent was awarded the 2013 NEAFL NAB Rising Star Award for his break out season in the Eastern Conference competition this year.
by saintal
Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows Reserves 2014

bennymacca wrote: it IS a development league, .

South, Norwood, West etc pick their strongest 21 to win a league match with the premiership their ultimate aim, not to develop players for a higher level.
by saintal
Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Hills Cricket (HCA, TVCA & A&EH) 2013/14.

No, I don't think so TWE. There is some talk of putting them all on mycricket in the future.
by saintal
Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your 2014 predictions

1- North
2- Norwood
3- West
4- Eagles
5- Centrals
6- South
7- Glenelg
8- Sturt

Magarey- Liddle
Ken Farmer- Wundke
by saintal
Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Best era of AFL/VFL footy

90s to early 00s. Generally attacking footy. One on one contests. Physicality part of the game. Still a handful of suburban grounds, each with their own colour/uniqueness. Not old enough to comment on anything earlier than 90s.
by saintal
Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: St Kilda 2014

Luke Dunstan (ex WWT) the Round 1 rising star nom. His clearance work will be invaluable, especially once Hayes retires.
by saintal
Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows reserves supporters

went to watch the game vs centrals today. did feel weird, as i didnt really know who to barrack for. But given I have seen a lot more of the crows players over the past few years I found myself hoping they would do well, as opposed to some of the brand new centrals faces that i didnt know.

And so it begins. I'm sure benny isn't alone in his sentiment unfortunately. It's sad that the league has come to this.

Attracting a new generation of young football supporters to the league, who have grown up in an AFL-saturated market will be difficult for the 8 SANFL clubs. As a young fella why support your local sanfl club made up of young blokes you would walk past in the street and not recognise, when you can follow some of the Crows players you see on TV, the radio and newspaper from time to time...
by saintal
Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: LIVE SCORES - Round 4

Great win in a game worthy of the inaugural "Integrity cup" 8)
by saintal
Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

That Rip it Up doesn't come in a paper format anymore. Picking one up had been a weekly tradition since I was 17 or so.
by saintal
Sat May 03, 2014 1:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Roo should stick to what he knows best. Chummy interviews with Big Tex, Sloany and Truck etc.
by saintal
Tue May 13, 2014 1:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: LIVE SCORES ROUND 7

South 7.1
Power twos 16.12

28 scoring shots to 8 in the top of the table blockbuster..
by saintal
Sat May 17, 2014 5:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 9 Discussion

Hannebery with no case to answer for his bump on Hurley. Thank god for that.
by saintal
Mon May 19, 2014 1:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Championship Discussion 2013/14

QPR 1-0 winners. :D :D

Zamora scores in the 90th minute thanks to some poor Derby defence. Derby dominated the match, especially the 2nd half when QPR were down to 10 men.
by saintal
Sun May 25, 2014 2:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 State Game - SANFL v VFL @ Port Melbourne (Sat 31/5

Final

SANFL 18.10
VFL 14.12

Wundke with 6.

Whilst it's obviously not SOO, it was a great contest and very entertaining for what it was.
by saintal
Sat May 31, 2014 4:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 11 Chat

Okay, may have misheard. Cheers.
by saintal
Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Evening News

Not that I tune in all that often, but Channel 9 purely due to the Kate Collins factor. Call me shallow if you like.

It's over the top how much news is broadcast during a weekday on TV. Most of it is just the same handful of stories regurgitated over and over with fluff pieces to fill the time.
by saintal
Fri May 30, 2014 1:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Evening News

bennymacca wrote:[ sports tonight on Ch10 used to be awesome when it was around.

Ah yes, used to love ST with Tim Webster, especially back before the days of online news. "If it happened in sport today, you'll see it on Sports Tonight.."
by saintal
Fri May 30, 2014 6:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 11 Chat

Sidebottom's attack on the man was straight out of the 80s. Was fortunate not more damage was done. Deserved 3-4 weeks without doubt.
by saintal
Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 9 - Sturt v South Adelaide - POST MATCH

What happened to all the South supporters that jumped on the bus early on in the season. Where is' Panther Pants'. Shot his mouth off early and hasn't been heard since. :shock: :shock: :shock:

So you go out of your way to make a post in this thread, but have nothing to contribute in the thread on last night's "thriller" involving your club? 8)

I thought only Power and Crows supporters play these sort of games....oh, just noticed you support the paps, that might explain it.
by saintal
Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

An oldie, but ***** who dont bother to acknowlege you when you let them into your lane. More often than not they're driving a 4wd.
by saintal
Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Well played North supporters

Don't mind Tex as a footballer (reminds me a bit of the 'old school' days) but he ain't the sharpest bloke and I'm surprised to hear this sort of puss from him. Storm in teacup.
by saintal
Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 13 - South v Adelaide @ Hickinbotham Oval (Sat 12/

South to make sure there are plentiful bottles of Evian water shipped directly from France and mountains of ice for their esteemed opponents.
by saintal
Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Retirements - 2014

No one ever actually says why Maxwell is a spud.
He played a role. The same one as Tom Harley, also a premiership captain.
You don't get to be a premiership captain by being a spud.

Was involved in some crucial plays late in the drawn GF, I guess that will be what I remember him for. Decent enough career. Unrelated but he helps a few good causes away from the game so I respect him for that.
by saintal
Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 18 - live scores, discussion & confabbing.

St K 17.16
Freo 9.6

Ran out of steam a bit but magnificent way to end a 3 month drought :oops:

Fair day out from Riewoldt- 30 touches, 16 marks, 4 goals. Helped that Stanley gave him a bit of assistance for a change. Look a much better backline with Fisher back.

Some bookies had the saints paying $101 for a 40+ win.
by saintal
Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Are You Listening To Now?

enjoying some newish metal releases:

Agalloch- Serpent and the sphere
Mastodon- Once more 'round the sun

:rock:
by saintal
Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Good Movies

Dallas Buyers Club.
by saintal
Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Crows looking at forming an alliance with the Uni Blacks:

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/adelai ... 7014550342

I did notice Harper's presumption that they could just form a SANFL reserves team if they so wished.
by saintal
Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Channel 7 announced by SANFL as preferred telecast partn

ROUND 18
Saturday, August 23
Norwood v Adelaide Norwood Oval 4:40pm 7TWO 4:30pm

Very bizarre time slot. At the absolute very least, they could have scheduled it for 4:10pm, allowing for a 4:00pm-7:00pm telecast on Seven's main channel, sandwiched in between North Melbourne v Adelaide (1:00pm-4:00pm) and Hawthorn v Geelong (7:00pm-10:00pm).

Would the idea be to give the few dozens Ravens supporters who are keen to head to the Parade after watching the AFL game some time to do so? And in the process piss off the majority of the NFC members/supporters..
by saintal
Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Interesting article in today's advertiser quoting Roy Laird. Mentioning how playing the afl professionals is a real lottery, damaging the integrity of the sanfl. An example given was South played port with Port having 9 afl players, centrals faced them with 14. Also mentioned no team should have to face them with a shorter break, given their advantage of facilities and not having to work.
Spot on Roy, sticking up for the sanfl and the little integrity left.

Well said Roy. I recall prior to a decision even being made last year he was strongly opposed to the idea in Inside Footy. Basically just came out and said what the majority of us were thinking. Given he has no ties to either AFL club, nor an abition to work at either, he has little trouble finding his voice unlike too many involved in SA football.
by saintal
Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Eagles Luke Powell & Adam Grocke Retire

As an opposition supporter, it was difficult to dislike Powell.
by saintal
Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

westcoastpanther wrote:[i]PORT Adelaide Magpies legend Russell Ebert says scrapping the club’s junior teams will “destroy the very fabric” of the club.

“Why would you want to destroy the very fabric of what the club has been built on?

This question need to be directed towards Koch, KT, Hinkey and co Russell.
by saintal
Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 Magarey Medal & Other Awards

Presumably Zane would have won the "Pure" Magarey count as well. ;) I'm sure somebody will confirm.
by saintal
Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 Magarey Medal & Other Awards

whufc wrote:Huge interest in this, in the past the Margarey would have had at least 10 pages of SAFooty dedicated to it

Yeah, was thinking the same last night, when there was only me and a handful of other registered users online. Typically MM night was one the busier nights for this forum.
by saintal
Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Club B+F winners

carey wrote:Jack Steven? How many did he miss? Must've been a few

Played 17. Took a while to get going when he returned as well.
by saintal
Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Preliminary Final - Port v South @ Adelaide Oval (Sun 14

I remember watching that final. Port leading for the first half and South ran all over them in the last 1/4. Pissed myself laughing.
Alwyn Davey ran them off their feet.

Yep, reckon the lead got out to nearly 40 points in the first half. Cracking game of footy. Davey, Thewlis and Archard were great. I still remember the roar when South hit the front through Dale Ellis, with a large number of NA and CD supporters having filtered into the oval by then.

Up until last Saturday that game was probably the most memorable in my time supporting the club :oops:
by saintal
Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Bands coming to Adelaide

Gozu wrote:Devin Townsend's Guitar Clinic @ The Gov Thurs 23rd Oct

Shame it's not a 'normal' gig, would love to see DT live.
by saintal
Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

LPH wrote:Re: Photo @ Glenelg Oval, circa Round 23, 2013

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater

I went along that day as a 'neutral' to see the end of the Magpies (as we knew them). I'm still glad I did.
by saintal
Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Country Division

Also, I thought the 891 call was simply brilliant. Their ability to recall every players names instantly was incredible. I look forward to their Central div call next week!

Yeah, always enjoy 891's country GF calls regardless of where they are from. True professionals. The buffoons on commercial radio could learn a thing or two from them.
by saintal
Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

spell_check wrote:So, with the chief reason why this thread exists (along with everything else we have seen over the past year) sacked from his position, can we call the Crows Reserves experiment a success?

Trigg and Sando have moved on. Just need that smug &*(^ Chapman to resign.
by saintal
Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/rucci-jake-parkinson-leaves-one-dream-job-to-live-another-dream-at-the-sanfl/story-fnia3nqh-1227064529984

Jake Parkinson's view on AFL in SANFL

Doesn't inspire too much confidence. A predictable response though, isn't going to come out and question the arrangement.
by saintal
Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 SANFL GRAND FINAL NORWOOD V PA RESERVES

Full credit to Ben Warren. Was on a hiding to nothing taken over from Bassett, recovered from a lacklustre first half of the season (understandable given the player turnover) and delivered a premiership.
by saintal
Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

RustyCage wrote:Achieving the teacher holy grail of permanency! More than a little excited by it

Well done. Being married to teacher and working for DECD myself, I know all about the trails and tribulations of becoming permanent.
by saintal
Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 Retirements & 2015 Player Movement Discussions

South Adelaide Football Club welcomes Ben Haren from Port Adelaide Magpies to the Club for the 2015 season.

At 197cm and 95kg Ben is a key position player that can play at either end of the ground. The 21 year old has played 14 SANFL League matches with Port Adelaide including 13 in 2014. He was previously selected onto the Sydney Swans Rookie List in 2011
by saintal
Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The South Adelaide Football Club advises that the following players will not be continuing in 2015 –

Frazer Dale, recruited from Carlton, 20 games, 8 goals

Todd McKay, Port Noarlunga, 33 games, 8 goals

John McDonald, recruited from Sturt, 18 games, 7 goals (23 games previously with Sturt)

Cam De Visser, recruited from Sacred Heart OCFC, 9 games, 6 goals

South Adelaide General Manager – Football Neill Sharpe said it’s always disappointing when players decide to move on.

“SANFL football is a serious competition and requires a genuine commitment and a real passion to play at the level. We’re disappointed that Todd McKay and Frazer Dale have decided to move on as we think their best football is ahead of them. Unfortunately the demands of the competition aren’t for everyone.

“John McDonald and Cam De Visser have had some injury issues in recent seasons and are at stages in their working life where they feel they need to concentrate on their careers.

“We thank Frazer, Todd, John and Cam for their contribution to South Adelaide and wish them all the best in their future endeavours.”
by saintal
Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The South Adelaide Football Club advises that the following players will not be continuing in 2015 –

Frazer Dale, recruited from Carlton, 20 games, 8 goals

Todd McKay, Port Noarlunga, 33 games, 8 goals

John McDonald, recruited from Sturt, 18 games, 7 goals (23 games previously with Sturt)

Cam De Visser, recruited from Sacred Heart OCFC, 9 games, 6 goals

Rated Dale highly. Dependable by foot and very good overhead. Will be missed. The C7 commentators found it impossible to call him without using his christian name which was odd.

Both Mckay and Hourigan were highly touted as juniors and were on the radar of AFL clubs. Both now find themselves outside the SANFL.

McDonald and De Visser probably come as no surprise.
by saintal
Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Godden Steps Down as State Coach

The new appointment should be somebody not currently coaching an SANFL team.
by saintal
Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Will be a more than handy player at SANFL level.
by saintal
Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:the new Bunnings ads!

Yeah, their ads have annoyed me for a long time. I experience none of the emotions or enjoyment when visiting Bunnings that they discuss on these ads.

Problem with watching the cricket is that you get the same handful of ads over and over. Sick of BWS ads.
by saintal
Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Titus OReily

Most of his writing is very good. Enjoyed his recent AFL preseason training update/summary. His AFL draw summary a few months back was some of his best work. Most of us can relate to his thoughts on the C9 cricket commentators I'm sure.
by saintal
Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re:

Stuff the Bombers.
by saintal
Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |