Search found 315 matches

Return

Re: St Kilda 2015

MW wrote:I've got the saints not winning a game this year.

Round 19 v Freo at the Dome. Pencil it in. 8)
by saintal
Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rd 2 South v Port at the BOT Friday 7.10

Presumably Summerton is skipper and would play? I'd also imagine they would hold a player back as an emergency.

But yes, it highlights the lottery that is playing the reserves team. The last time South played the power in the 2014 home and away season, only about 1/2 their side were AFL listed and South won comfortably, a stark contrast to the power team that belted south at Alberton earlier in the season.

Will probably head along as I couldn't make last week's game, but it's hard to take it all too seriously unfortunately.
by saintal
Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bring your rubber boots and a flashlight if you're making the trek south tomorrow night RP. 8)
by saintal
Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

South simply putrid tonight. Smashed in every statistical category, in run, structure, hardness, leadership and skill. With a 60-23 inside 50 count it could have been a triple figure margin. It was depressing and disheartening to witness this so called "contest".
by saintal
Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R2 live scores, boasting and umpire blaming

Spot on sjt and The Panther. The gap between professionals and amateurs will only grow as the years pass, as sports sciences, training facilities and the like continue to grow and develop. I still argue that the better result would have been Port kicking one more goal in last year's GF, so perhaps a wider range of people would wake up to the farce that this 'competition' is.

Can cop losing to a fellow SANFL club who play under the same set of rules. But tonight was hard to stomach in more ways than one. Like last year, I certainly wont be heading to Alberton later in the season. Oh well, at least we had the financial windfall from the 1% of Port's 60K members who rocked up and pumped some money through the club.

A huge night on this forum by the looks. SANFL footy really creating plenty of interest on here lately.

My Steve Summerton proportioned dummy spit is over... :oops: ;)
by saintal
Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: St Kilda 2015

MW wrote:I've got the saints not winning a game this year.

:-H

I think the guru David King said something similar.
by saintal
Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 2 and all that it brings

Full time

GC 10.16
STK 16.8

Stopped in the final term and a half but a win is a win. Bruce with 6 goals. Promising signs from the likes of Lonie, Sinclair, Billings and Dunstan. Great way to honour Fisher in his 200th.

Suns looked disinterested for most of night. Bring back Bluey.
by saintal
Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 2 reports

CUTTERMAN wrote:Glad Alleway got done for that, pretty ugly and gutless act.

Sums up Alleway. Having said that, he's one the few remaining opposition players that manages to stir a bit of feeling out of me. I'm sure i'm not alone there.
by saintal
Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 3- Port v North Saturday, 12.10

I read elsewhere it was 1871.
by saintal
Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Division 2 (Country)

Sedan-Cambrai knocked off Gum by 5 goals. Won the B grade by 10 goals also. Well done SC.

Gum with a few problems it seems.
by saintal
Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 5 - South v Adelaide @ Hickinbotham (Sat N 2/5)

Huge momentum swings in this one. South kicked the first 5 and looked on track for a 10 goal win, and really should have been further infront at 1/4 time. Perhaps the players thought the same, as they dropped off and when Grigg goaled half way through the 3rd term the Ravens were 8 or 9 up, the game being played almost entirely in their half. Enter Joel Cross, the champ booting 3 goals in 5 minutes against the tide to hand the momentum back to South on 3/4 time. A great smother and goal to Liddle extended the lead to 3 goals early in the last, and from there South hung on to record an important, yet unconvincing win.

Thought the best players named by the club were spot on, with Cross and Liddle again standouts, while as heater mentioned debutant Ross was lively in his debut.

Awful attendance as expected.

Nice to record a long-overdue win against the interlopers.
by saintal
Sun May 03, 2015 6:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Norwood VS Adelaide

Norwood played the Eagles at 2.10pm on Sunday 19 April, finishing at about 4.30pm.
Norwood then played Port at 7.40pm on Friday 24 April.
That’s a gap of about 5 days and 3 hours.

The Adelaide “state team” played South at 11.30am on Sunday and finished at about 2.30pm on Sunday.
They are scheduled to play at 7.40pm on Friday.
That’s a gap of about 5 days and 5 hours.

The Adelaide Crows (AFL team) played at 4.10pm yesterday and finished at about 7pm last night.
The Adelaide State team is due to play Norwood at 7.40pm on Friday.
That’s a gap of about 5 days and half an hour, if you played in the Showdown yesterday and the SANFL this week. .

If a player who played for Adelaide v South can’t play for Adelaide v Norwood after a 5 day and 5 hour gap, how can a player be dropped from the Crows - eg for form reasons - be expected to play after 5 days and half an hour versus Norwood?

Surely you can’t have a rule where players who play SANFL games over two consecutive weeks are not able to “breach” an AFLPA agreement, but such an Agreement can be breached when a player is sent from AFL back to SANFL after being dropped for reasons of form or match ups not working in the AFL the next week?

Excellent points.
by saintal
Mon May 04, 2015 12:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

just a slightly different point to the current discussion flow.

of the 5 games this weekend just past, only 1 of the games has gathered enough posts to break into the second page. says a lot really for the "increase of interest" when the reserves sides were introduced.

back in the distant past (2013 and before) games used to get several pages on pre game, and have new posts created to post in post game, which would also break into multiple pages. who would have thought that with the introduction of the reserves sides would increase the interest to such a point that no one feels the need to write anything about the games anymore. what a world we live in......

Yep, i still post a few ramblings about each South game and skim through the other match threads, but the lack of comment (especially post-game) is rather alarming. Have noticed the amount of comments on the sanfl's facebook page has also declined significantly.
by saintal
Mon May 04, 2015 11:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 5 - South v Adelaide @ Hickinbotham (Sat N 2/5)

Was nothing in it, so the right result.
by saintal
Tue May 05, 2015 9:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Ladders & Statistics - Round 8

Always appreciated Scott. 8)
by saintal
Sun May 31, 2015 10:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Japan. So much to see and do. Amazing people too.

Bullet Trains>>>Flying.
by saintal
Sun May 31, 2015 10:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yep, pretty much summed up my thoughts there Benny. No waiting time, no security checks, no picking up luggage on arrival, more leg-room than you need, quiet/smooth trip, scenery rather than clouds.

To stand on a platform and watch a Shinkansen (bullet train) rocket by doing 300+kmph was very cool.
by saintal
Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Was flicking through the Inside Footy newspaper at lunch today and noticed they had an interview with Roy Laird. Not for the first time Roy delivered a passionate rant on the subject, under the headline "AFL sides are a farce" (or something along those lines). Again credit to Roy for saying what most supporters feel. As Roy stated, there are only two winners in this arrangement, the AFL sides.
by saintal
Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 10 stuff

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:I think its a great game of footy

Its open running and not the zone like rubbish that causes stop start frustrating play

Agree. Rather watch this then a game with 160+ tackles in perfect conditions.
by saintal
Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 9 - South v Eagles @ Hickinbotham Oval (Mon 8/6)

After a few weeks abroad I'm looking forward to watching some footy. Fan favourite and injury prone Rolfe to finally play his 100th in his 9th season at the club. Good to see Gulden named, and also Brown who has had a crook run with injuries.

No love lost when it comes to WWT,

But we luv it when you pop over to our quarter time huddle to make a total knob of yourself :twisted:

Huh? :roll:
by saintal
Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 10 stuff

I haven't been watching the game but the free kick count in the Hawks v Saints game is 15-3 :shock:

I bet you anything you like they'll start plucking bullshit ones to make sure it's near even by the final siren.

Frustrating yes.

3/4 time

Haw 14.11
StK 7.8

Hawks in 2nd gear. Saints having a dip but lack polish.
by saintal
Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Nick Murphy sacked

Reads as a pretty strong message, maybe to address a cultural concern or the like?

How big a loss, onfield, is that for South?

Well he was the Captain so I'd say it's a substantial loss................

Yeah I get that he was captain, but I certainly get the feeling he wasn't at the same rating as Cross and Liddle for example. From memory he was also an outcast a few years back?

yes, by his own admission made a few 'poor choices' when Ronnie was coaching.

No, not in the class of those players you mentioned, but was an important cog in the midfield, and from time to time did a solid defensive role also.

What odds he'll end up at WWT?
by saintal
Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Another little one...Round 12

Mitchell you hack. Go back to the SANFL where you can sledge opposition supporters :lol:

Carl win by 4. Well done to the Blues.

Port stiff with the umpiring I thought. No doubt we'll hear more about that ;)
by saintal
Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R11: Eagles v Centrals - Saturday 27 June @ MTO

Well done to Jarrad on 200 games. Very consistent player.
by saintal
Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R12: South v Adelaide - Saturday @ Hickinbotham

godra wrote:No way this game can continue now. Stay tuned I guess. RIP Phil.

yes, highly unlikely I would have thought. And fair enough too.
by saintal
Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 14 - Normal transmission has resumed

Well done Clarko, Buckley et al. Nice touch.
by saintal
Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: More Magpie players than their supporters at Parade?

Very few people go and watch their club's reserves play. Most Port supporters I know (25-35yo) wouldn't know/care when and where their reserves are playing let alone attend in the middle of winter.
by saintal
Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R13: Norwood v Port - Saturday 11 July @ Norwood

Mitchell has been a bit lippy with supporters on occasion when navigating the players race at Noarlunga, so not a real surprise he bit back on Saturday. Will add a little interest to their next battle.
by saintal
Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Titus O'Reily - AFL topics

safooty gets a plug in his latest offering:

Patrick Dangerfield keen to know what Patrick Dangerfield is doing

Adelaide Crows superstar Patrick Dangerfield says he is as keen to know where he will be playing next year as everyone else.

“It’s a question I keep asking myself. I read and listen to every story in the media just trying to get some clue,” said the in demand midfielder.

“Last week, I spent a whole day on the Big Footy and the SA Footy forums just seeing if I could get an inside word but I suspect no one on there really knows, despite saying they do.

“Still, there’s a lot of great theories on there and it’s definitely helped shape my thinking.”

Dangerfield’s manager Paul Connors says it very hard to pick between Adelaide and Geelong.

“Geelong is great because it’s near the surf coast. That’s probably it’s big selling feature, being near somewhere else.”

“Adelaide’s good too, with the Central Market and ah… oh Amalfi does a really good pizza.”

Dangerfield says he hopes people keep writing articles and talking about his future on TV and radio.

“It’s a nice distraction from playing football and if people keep speculating enough I’m sure at least one of them will be right.”

“People need to understand how tough it is to choose between Adelaide and Geelong. I guess I’m just the luckiest guy in the world, who wouldn’t want to live in either of those places?”
by saintal
Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R17: South v Adelaide Saturday 8 August @ Hickinbotham

Scoreboard flattered South, but having said that had Eddy converted a few late chances when we had the momentum an unlikely upset could have occurred. Didn't think we had too many four quarter contributors. The club named Cross, Bass, Veide, Rose, Haren and Seccull as best players.

Boring/bland game for the most part.

Ravens will need to spend some time this week honing their goal kicking. Hell, they have enough time to devote to improving their skills.

Crowd was woeful, one of the lowest I've seen at Noarlunga. Lots of spare car-parks behind the northern goals. Whilst you cant read too much into a game against the interlopers, crowds at Noarlunga have been disappointing all year and with an aging supporter base you have to wonder where the club will be in a decade's time.

Not sure why I go to these games, usually walk away annoyed/depressed with where the league is at currently. :-({|=
by saintal
Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Division 3 (C grade)

Go the Panthers. Stick it up the suburbanites :D
by saintal
Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Live Scores - Round 17b

Alleway justifying his recent high ranking in the top 50 players. Hope they bury the Power.
by saintal
Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Brad Gotch

johntheclaret wrote:Is that because the Eagles have got better or others have dropped back

Bit of both. Just my opinion of course, but Norwood, Port, South and Sturt (who all played finals in 2014) had stronger seasons/better lists last year.
by saintal
Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Who wins the flag?

Would love to say South but injuries are really mounting and unless we finish top 3 I cant see us winning 4 straight finals. Talent wise we're well short of last season but playing a very disciplined and well structured brand of footy.

Not entirely convinced on the Eagles but they deserve favouritism, and wouldn't write Nwd off. Westies would want to play a lot better than they did last week, have seen very little of them though this season.

If South can't win it, is it wrong to kinda want Port too? Yes the smugness/ignorance of many (not all) Power supporters would be unbearable, but perhaps a sham premier might spur some clubs and the league into pulling their head out their backside. Or maybe it wont, and it's just wishful thinking and it'll end up being the knockout blow...
by saintal
Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Putting the feet up and watching some footy after running (shuffling might be better word for it) a 1/2 marathon for the first time. Perfect morning for it.

Anybody else participate?
by saintal
Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You'll never have the mainstream Adelaide media attempting to make the AFC accountable.
by saintal
Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 19- South v Centrals @ Noarlunga on Saturday

South not quite good enough when it mattered. Struggled for most of the day before booting 6 of their 10 goals in the final term to tease the supporters. Had a few other opportunities go begging in the final term that needed to be taken advantage of, given there was no room for error by that stage.

Congrats to Centrals on making the finals, hope you can go on and win it. Given South spent all but 1 or 2 weeks in the top 5 this season it's especially disappointing to miss out though.

A few of our guys were exposed today, as ideally 6-8 of them would be playing ressies. No excuses though, when the game was there to be won our skill level and decision making (and game-plan?) was poor.

Irra, Crabb, Seccull, Overall (4 goals), Bass and Rose named in the best. Cross being kept to just 2 (!) kicks and 17 handballs a rare sight and obviously crucial. Will win the Knuckey Cup by a large margin.

A terrific crowd I thought today (unusual saying that these days...) especially for a TV game, certainly a lot of South fans seemed to come out of the woodwork (where were they all season?!), while the Doggies fans turned out in force. Some good banter under the shelter at times.

After last season's September run it's bitterly disappointing not to be involved this year. Hopefully we can retain the bulk of our list, add some (healthy) recruits and see a few youngsters make their mark in 2016. "What might have been..." best sums up 2015...
by saintal
Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Qualif. Final - Port v West @ Adelaide Oval (Sun 6/9)

lol, Moore, such a hero at SANFL level
by saintal
Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Division 2 (Country)

Would be good to see Bridgy get up in the A's. Long time between drinks, handled relegation with class, and it might help solidify their 'merger' with Cally just a little more.
by saintal
Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I prefer Mal's originally tally. South's decade of dominance needs recognition ;)
by saintal
Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA..... Port Supporters think they are still one of the best supported clubs in the SANFL. Obviously didn't attend the finals this year where they had a pathetic turnout.
Care to reference where this was written and by whom?

http://www.fansunite.com.au/2015/09/21/20683/time-for-the-sanfl-clubs-to-grow-up

Poor Port. Always the victims.
by saintal
Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015 Grand Final - Eagles v West - Sun 27/9/15

No run from the Eagles in the final term. Wundke their only forward to show anything at all.

Decent game to watch.

Congrats to Rubbers and the Bloods.
by saintal
Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Hills Cricket (HCA, TVCA & A&EH) 2014/15.

TVCA- A's and B's on the 10th.
by saintal
Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015 Best & Fairest Winners

Ian Callinan took home the highly coveted Ravens' B+F award. In keeping with the theme of B+F winners at the club, he will not be there next season.
by saintal
Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NRL Season 2013

Sport at its absolute best.
by saintal
Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Player Movements - 2015 / 2016

http://www.sanfl.com.au/news/sanfl_news/3229/

In some welcome news, Eddy has committed to South for a further 3 years :)
by saintal
Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Pure SANFL 2016 draw

14 legit games across 23 weeks. Good times..
by saintal
Sat Dec 19, 2015 8:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Full 2016 SANFL Draw

For sale: Four light towers, suitable for football, one owner, cost a gazillion but will take best offer.

Do we get a refund on our " I saw the light" tee shirt?

Disappointing. Knee jerk reaction to the debacle against the Ravens? Whilst I prefer day games, I think the club should have looked at hosting at least two night games.
by saintal
Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Full 2016 SANFL Draw

Noticed that South have the following:

Round 9- Power
State Game
Round 10- North
Round 11- Bye
Round 12- Power

So South play the Power twice in three matches. Hopefully they have a few injuries during this stretch.....
by saintal
Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |