Search found more than 1874 matches

Return

Re: Port Adelaide 2020

Well, at least that leaves you South & Westies.

My album "History and Sympathy" comes out on Monday.

We'll be back in 2021 anyway.

I am not sure Port will be back.

I dont think any business or industry knows the full financial ripple this has/is going to cause for the next few years. No one can estimate what will happen with sponsorship dollars, membership numbers, crowd numbers etc.

Personally i think the AFL and all its club will be purely in survival mode for the next 5 years.
by whufc
Fri May 15, 2020 3:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

We now have no active cases!

1 new case in around 5 weeks, how do we get an outbreak now unless someone brings it into the state. Because we have only tested a small part of the state. There could be plenty of carriers out there showing no signs

Surely if there was plenty of carriers they would have infected someone who then presents its been like five weeks now.

So literally for two cycles now these carriers have been going around infecting people but lucky enough it was 100% of people who wouldnt present to a doctor and have a test.
by whufc
Fri May 15, 2020 4:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Food, Glorious Food

Last post got me thinking

Anyone who is looking to start long slow cooking I highly recommend starting with lamb shoulder.

It’s pretty much bulletproof from a cooking perspective. It’s also great for playing with different flavours and cooking methods.
by whufc
Sat May 16, 2020 11:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Last post got me thinking

Anyone who is looking to start long slow cooking I highly recommend starting with lamb shoulder.

It’s pretty much bulletproof from a cooking perspective. It’s also great for playing with different flavours and cooking methods. Love a lamb shoulder, especially when the bone just slides out....

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Yeah I normally go a 8 hour cook on the Weber. Roughly around 120 degrees.

Combination of garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper rub. Occasionally add an apple woodchip or cook with an apple juice tray underneath.

Once done the bone just slides straight out with a perfect bark on the edges.
by whufc
Sat May 16, 2020 12:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I sense my bank balance is going to hate me in coming days :lol:

Chimney, chimney, chimney, chimney.

I wasted so much time in my life getting beads started when i could have been doing it with a chimney all that time. It's the best investment you will make, its quick and efficient, it makes handling easier and is a ton load safer.
by whufc
Mon May 18, 2020 11:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Booney wrote:Getting my first sniff at two of the biggest infrastructure projects in SA's immediate future.

Best of luck mate!
by whufc
Tue May 19, 2020 10:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Netflix

Finished ‘The Last Dance’ last night

I reckon I’m in an alone opinion here but I absolutely loved the content but didn’t necessarily enjoy the back and forth nature of the delivery of the story.

Was a great watch though and continued my fascination with sports doco’s
by whufc
Tue May 19, 2020 1:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: COVID-19

Hearing a fair few footballers will be choosing to work Saturdays rather than the play this season..
We asked all our players to provide an update on whether they'd play or not so we could sort sides, fair few indicated they'd only play if they weren't working.

They were mostly the fringe A graders or C graders

Most of your boys would get more from their trust funds and investment proprieties than most footballers hey ;)
by whufc
Tue May 26, 2020 12:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: COVID Travel

Please keep Clare in mind when thinking of weekend getaways.

We have now just lost our Target store as well so even more jobs in the community gone.

If you ever want any tips, advice recommendations drop me a message. I can probably organise a few little discounts/perks along the way as well.

If you haven't been to Clare before its stunning, i commonly refer to it as a boutique Barossa.

I would be more than happy to put together the ultimate wine tour inteniary for you.

https://bukirk.com.au/

https://www.sevenhillhotel.com.au/

https://mintaromaze.com.au/

https://www.pikeswines.com.au/

https://www.olearywalkerwines.com/

https://mrmick.com.au/

https://www.claregolfclub.com.au/

http://www.southaustraliantrails.com/trails/riesling-trail/
by whufc
Tue May 26, 2020 12:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 2

AFL has always been a rebranded VFL, it was never about Australian Rules Football having a truly National Comp (if that was the case NT and Tas would have had teams years ago)
I know, but I guess actually hearing a former CEO actually say it made the reality a little worse than just talk/speculation amongst fans.

As little as it is i think it really resonated with me when the Power were not allowed to wear black and white on entry to the comp and the fact the AFL did nothing to change that.

Couldnt have screamed any louder that they were joining 'their' comp and not being added to a national comp.

Coming from a soccer background i found that decision so bewildering.
by whufc
Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you are looking forward to

Late last week we placed an offer in for a house we have had our eye on for a while now. Tonight we find out how we went.

We are expecting to be negotiated up a bit higher as we put in a lowish offer on the back of having very good buying terms and conditions.

If we can get the house at the price we offered it will be an absolute steal in our minds. We have some wriggle room to go up but we do have a breaking point as well.

This is our first time making an offer so its still all exciting.
by whufc
Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

It all depends how much you want this house, compared to what else may come on the market in the next 6 months. If this is a long term play for you then a few thousand to get what you want/suits you is not a huge issue.

You do hold a good card here though, as most people buying are buying to occupy in 1-2 months time, not December. That fact will knock out a lot of their market. Just depend how far you want to push it and your comfort levels.

How long has it been on the market?

Been on 4 months and they are having fifth open inspection this weekend
by whufc
Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If you do put forward an offer and it gets knocked back, be prepared to walk away and ensure the agent knows that too.

Excellent advice imho

Thanks for the advice everyone

In the end we put in $396k as a final offer.

We are genuinely comfortable walking away and have made that clear especially given we are in no rush.

Gut feel tells me if they don’t take $396k now we might get a phone call in a months time seeing if we are still interested

We will see what the weekend holds.
by whufc
Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So we made the final offer of $396k despite having a little room in our kitty.

We heard back today and the owners want $415 or nothing.........no chance.

Makes you wonder why they advertise at $395-$435, i'm presuming its to get those under $400k interested and try and hope they fall in love and can find a way to get that extra $15k.

Put simply.................we'll wait! I do think the agent thought she could get the extra out of us. Asked numerous times whether we wanted a week to see if we could get a bit more despite me saying in no uncertain terms that was our final offer on a number of occasions.

I would be surprised if anyone felt the need to go as high as $415k in the current climate.
by whufc
Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So we made the final offer of $396k despite having a little room in our kitty.

We heard back today and the owners want $415 or nothing.........no chance.

Makes you wonder why they advertise at $395-$435, i'm presuming its to get those under $400k interested and try and hope they fall in love and can find a way to get that extra $15k.

Put simply.................we'll wait! I do think the agent thought she could get the extra out of house. Asked numerous times whether we wanted a week to see if we could get a bit more despite me saying in no uncertain terms that was our final offer on a number of occasions.

I would be surprised if anyone felt the need to go as high as $415k in the current climate.
Perhaps they have to mate.

If they're moving to Queensland that $15K makes a big difference in relocating, you don't know what they already owe the bank either.

You'll probably get a call in 6 to 8 weeks time saying they've re-thought it and will accept your offer, if you're not rushed, they're not rushed then you can both go back and move some pawns about.

I get why they may need $415k but im not sure why they advertise $395k as a possible price point.

Yeah time is on our side. We know they had 3 couples look at the house on the weekend so its no secret they are hoping one of them come through with the goods. I feel like you would have to fall seriously in love with the place to go up to that price given the current state of play.
by whufc
Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I get why they may need $415k but im not sure why they advertise $395k as a possible price point.

Yeah time is on our side. We know they had 3 couples look at the house on the weekend so its no secret they are hoping one of them come through with the goods. I feel like you would have to fall seriously in love with the place to go up to that price given the current state of play.
I've never got the bracket thing either, it's like what are they chucking in extra to go the upper echelon?

Wasn't it introduced to stop agents under-quoting and over quoting?
IIRC there are legalities associated with it.

I always took it as just something to try and create a bigger base of interested parties, and more bidders if a place goes to auction. Can be a time killer for prospective buyers, but the industry wouldn’t give a rats about that.

Yeah that is my impression.

Had they advertised $415k as the lowest price we wouldnt have even looked at the place.

I'm not going to lie it was somewhat tempting to try and see if we could go from $400k to $415 to get the place but deep down we know its a bad decision to do that and wont be. It definitely has increased their buying market though by doing it.
by whufc
Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If your bored of my house purchasing story just say and ill stop posting.

Only 24 hours after our $396 final offer was knocked back i got the phone call today from the agent saying the owners are now happy to accept $410. She added i shouldn't say this but if you can get a four in front of the offer even $400k i can get it for you today.

My response....'really appreciate the work your doing to help us with this house but im sorry the final offer is $396k'

The tables have turned, we now have her working for us fearing she isnt going to get a sale on this house.

Didn't expect the turnaround so quick.
by whufc
Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Nup, we're along for the ride mate.

Now you need to weigh up how much you want the house, do you go to $400k and be done with it?

Me, I think I would.

Thats exactly what we are doing tonight over a scotch fillet and bottle of local red. TBH like others have said its such a minimal amount of a long period so the 'how much do we want it' will be the discussion point at the dinner table.

In saying that we have every belief we are in the position of power now so $4k would be much better spent in our pockets.
by whufc
Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cancel Culture

am Bays wrote:F*** me, this thread makes me want to quit SAFooty.

To me this thread is about two blokes (Q and Apache) trying to prove who has the biggest d!cks

The truth/balanced opinion is somewhere in the middle

Your not going anywhere while the bays are reigning premiers.
by whufc
Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Is it rural land outside of town? They may be some significant costs in getting the utilities connected which may put a stop to the idea straight up, personally Id speak directly with a builder and they should be able to guide you, especially if they want the sale.

One thing I learnt working in the Adelaide Hills and dealing with horse lovers with lifestyle properties, horse's chew a lot of cash!

Oh yeah, lots of cash needed, it is a lifestyle for sure but in fairness to my partner she doesn’t smoke, she doesn’t but mimco bags, she doesn’t nightclub etc so you have to some hobby.

All the land we would look at needs to have the ability to connect power cheaply for sure.
by whufc
Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 3 Centrals v South 1145 FFS Elizabeth

We lack the star power and rely on far too few. We play around 14-15 'serviceable' types every week. Hopefully some of these serviceable players will turn into elite SANFL footballers under Andrews guidance and with maturity. It wont be this year though and we will struggle to win more than a couple of games.

Having a look at the team on the weekend if you wanted to be really harsh you could say we only had 2-3 out and out proper decent league footballers, keeping in mind Goodrem and Jenner are at the very end of their careers and whilst Boyd has been fantastic this time last year he couldn't make another sides league.

Personally I think and its easier said than done but we need to skip the regional NSW Victoria recruits and continue to look to get some ex AFL (Jesse White) types.
by whufc
Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 4 Norwood v Centrals Saturday 1410

We have had a fair few injuries but still making lots of unforced changes each week.

Cant help but think Andrews is almost using this year as an opportunity to play as many blokes as possible and identify the ones he wants to keep around for next year.

Dont mind that approach if it is correct.
by whufc
Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 4 Norwood v Centrals Saturday 1410

Agree with that logic ,however it would be nice to settle down the side.On tomorrows game Norwood arent going that well but they are far to good to stay where they are unless we show real improvement particularly skill level we will get beaten easily again .

Yeah to be honest i struggle to see us getting a win. We genuinely look like boys against men. We are undersized in nearly every position on the park.

The young ruckmen debuting tomorrow is on 194cm so i hope he can leap. AFL i know but his the same height as Fyfe and Tex Walker.

Andrews is probably not only looking at skill and ability but intestinal fortitude.
by whufc
Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Many of us have kids, I'm sure we've all got something or know someone who could help :

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-07-22/foster-kids-urgently-need-pyjamas/12477568?utm_medium=social&utm_content=sf236140809&utm_campaign=abc_adelaide&utm_source=m.facebook.com&sf236140809=1&fbclid=IwAR2-vt2JVKrWPCWi14Gw3fRStSC8DxTtNy8Qr6sDOEDIyg-51SB229TkcD8

A children's charity has called for new pyjamas and other essential items after seeing a spike in children going into emergency foster care in regional South Australia.

Backpacks 4 SA Kids relies on donations to put together emergency resource kits that are given to children who enter into care with nothing more than the clothes on their backs.

For some it is the first time they have ever owned a pair of new pyjamas.

Cheers for sharing that.

The rec centre I'm involved in sees hundreds/thousands of pieces of unclaimed lost property each year. This could be a more worthy cause than what we do at present.
by whufc
Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yes legally we can terminate them if they refuse to work shifts but legally it's almost impossible to enforce especially being regional where reasons such as 'im in Adelaide', 'im helping out on the family farm' are legitimate regardless of whether we see otherwise on their social media etc.
Have a work restructure, make their roles redundant.. then bring the roles back under a different title and advertise.

Sadly being regional we don't have a lot of people looking to get lifeguard or health and fitness certified. With the ag industries being king we work very streamline at the best of times.

Hate saying this but what we have seen is a real generational divide, as an FYI im 36.

We have two casual staff members over 45 who are working harder then ever, to the point they are offering to volunteer. I don't allow my staff to volunteer (they are paid employees and should be treated accordingly)

The rest of our staff force is 16-21 and they are the ones where the issues have completely lied.

Over the journey here we have had the best work culture I have ever been apart of but job keepers has definitely put some cracks in the team especially given the permanent staff are having to pick up a lot of the slack due to the issue.

I do have a very long memory though and when summer hits and its literally write your own hours how much can you work and there are public holiday pay involved my memory will serve me very very very well.
by whufc
Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 5 Centrals v North Saturday 1410

No wrist slitting from this Doggies fan....

We clearly lack talls up fwd, not assisted by having Butcher, Menzel, Falkenberg and McLean on the injury list.
However, I have been most impressed by the efforts of Stephenson at CHF in the last fortnight. He has taken a couple of grabs and has competed at every contest. Looks fitter than I have seen for quite some time.
This is clearly a rebuilding year, with a whole heap of kids being given opportunities to test their ability at league level. Some are not there yet, while others have what it takes but don't have the experience or physique to stick at it for 4 quarters.
Jack Toner was the latest 18yo to get a debut this week.
At some stage we might see 17yo Lachie Grubb get a game, his pace and skill in the last two ressies outings have been very exciting. He won the sprint held at half time of last season's GF. A 4-bounce running goal from the centre towards the goal square in the last quarter was sensational.

North appeared a different side in the second half. They would be happy to have got the points without Wigg, Moore or Hender having to star. Harvey was far too strong (physically) and LeBois is exciting. Schwarz just gets the job done, decent Blue Collar worker.

Agree, whilst I hate losing I'm comfortable Andrews is using 2020 to blood as many players as possible and ensure he knows who he wants around for 2021.

I have faith in his ability to follow a process and I truly believe next year we will posting how grateful we are that he played so many players this season as they all improve a season.

Right now we are the wooden spooners but with some selected recruiting and development from our talented youngsters I can see us rising back into finals contention fairly quickly, as other clubs have done in recent times.
by whufc
Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

One step away from getting the house of our dreams.

Have got the bank approval, have the LMI approval now it is just pending the evaluations so fingers crossed we are home.

We are paying the asking price so just hoping the real estate agency priced fairly...…..but who knows at times in the country.

We should know by Friday earliest, next Tuesday at latest.
by whufc
Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If you are officially diagnosed as having Covid and are meant to be at home self-isolating. If you are busted not at home then you should be tried for manslaughter.

Change my mind.
by whufc
Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Now it seems the two Brisbane girls might be *ahem* working girls who were in Melbourne making some good coin for a few days and crime syndicates pressured them to lie on their border forms to protect others.

These 2 deserve every bit of negative exposure that comes their way. Zero sympathy and for their brother to play the race card is laughable considering the backlash others who have defined modified covid laws have copped. These ignorant imbeciles are the core of our nations problem and if this scares straight even 1 person who thinks about doing the wrong thing then **** ‘em.
Do they? What they did was wrong and totally irresponsible and as a result they have been charged and will be punished by the courts. They have been named and shamed, but do we need to descend to racist and sexist taunts?

No need for racism or sexual taunts but name and shame is fine!

We have a couple in Clare from Victoria who were meant to be self isolating (presuming they haven’t tested positive though).

They kept posting pictures bragging about being out and about in Clare. Funnily enough he posted having a pint at a pub on Main Street and within a hour was greeted by a few angry locals and taken out the back for some punishment.

Thoroughly deserved imo
by whufc
Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Absolutely no chance that we are not heading down the same path as Victorians.

**** I hate people who cant abide by simple ******* rules!
by whufc
Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows 2020

Nicks might look to ex teammates for advice...…...Hey Jude!
by whufc
Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Soooooo, how's this weather?

Apparently a big chance of snow in Burra Thursday and Friday night

Will most likely pack the coffee flask and hot chocolates and takes the kids for a drive out there.
by whufc
Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Playing Attire

Not the only sport in the world. Just as many rugby union/league players wear their socks down as those that wear them up.

Socks down all day every day.
by whufc
Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 7 Centrals v Glenelg Saturday 1410

Going out on a limb and will say we will win this one.

Our midget squad will be helped by the wetter, windier conditions. For mine our endeavour and effort has been there but the skills haven't, this will help on a cold winters day,

Dogs in upset by 3 goals.
by whufc
Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

All but sealed the deal for our dream home!!!

The evaluations came back perfect, just need to be signed of by LMI but that is a foregone conclusion based on the evaluators report.

Finally 2020 is bringing my family some good news!!
by whufc
Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So what’s better whufc, potentially owning a home or an overseas holiday?
I didn't see him getting a stiffy over potentially going on a holiday. Congrats too mate. One positive to come out of Covid. Great to see.

Yeah the house mainly because we’ve scored is our own 1.5 hectares of paradise in Spalding, north of Clare.

Full equestrian facilities on the land as well so is an amazing play ground for my 3 daughters that will create a lifetime of memories.
by whufc
Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Go to a social club show today, free piss and free food, one man band too.
90% of the crowd are 60+. Sort of people who only rock up when there's freebies.
No social distancing, hugging and kissing each other galore.
A couple of younger people do the right thing and move away from them as they encroach on others.

Tell you what, my opinion is changing from what I witness as both a hospitality worker and someone who frequents pubs socially.

Let the **** die, they don't give a ****. Why should the rest of us care and make an effort when they don't?

PS No offence meant to the people like my parents who social distance living in the country and people in care homes

I wouldn’t have worded it that harshly but I have growing frustration at the lack of social distancing I see from our older generation in Clare everyday.

Absolutely no consideration given to social distancing from most of them.
Fair call, frustration bursting through.

I get the frustration, a couple of times I’ve had to bite my tongue at some of the poor and deliberate non social distancing
by whufc
Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 7 Centrals v Glenelg Saturday 1410

Without wanting to sound like I'm kicking a proud club when they're down, Central look and play like we did under Massie

Get it but are the turnover kings. We used to match sides for scores from stoppages, scores from frees and scores from marks (not to the same extent as the other two) but we used to get slaughtered in scores from turnovers. It wasnt uncommon for opposition scores from turnovers to be the final margin

My other abiding memory of Centrals under Roy was that you's go out there and the ground would be worn out in certain areas. Centrals were so well drilled that you could see their movement patterns at training and sure enough players would run those patterns in games. This meant the player with the ball knew where their team mates were running so they knew where to kick. Centrals under Roy were so efficient.

You had a young lad from Darwin play 18s on the weekend, Brodie Lake. Member of the Gold Coast suns Academy, played the All stars game last AFL GF day but not getting any game time so has come down to enhance his chances of getting drafted.

IF not picked up he'll be a recruit for you next year. Good kid

Your 100% right about the old Laird style. That clear structure and formation was exactly why Centrals could recruit a player from another club who were ok without being great but then have them fit into the structures immediately and become extremely successful players.
by whufc
Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Glenelg V Port Grand Final

Love this thread is still going!!!

Brings back memories for me of when of Centrals won in 2000 and I was still watching the dvd (maybe even VCR) 10 months down the track :D
by whufc
Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2020

Who is coaching them these days?
This, is a very good question whuffer. ;)

bedge knows.PNG
Who then?
I think he is referring to this
https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/messenger/north-northeast/men-charged-with-bikie-offences-were-just-at-a-religious-funeral-court-hears-as-two-finks-ask-to-meet-at-footy-club/news-story/ea1fd5fff805f7fcf158d150424f770e
In particular
"Thompson and Cotton’s lawyer said the pair were involved with the Eastern Park Football Club at Elizabeth – Thompson as president and senior coach and Cotton as women’s and under 9s coach – and the bail agreements needed to be changed to allow them both to attend a club presentation on Saturday."

Can you copy the whole article please?
by whufc
Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rd 9 Central v West at X-Con Oval 2:10 pm

beef wrote:Ben is one of the great blokes of sanfl. Happy for him, wether you think he's up to it or not, great to see him get a game and try to play at his highest level instead of chasing easy country/ammo dollars.

Yep the comp would be in a much better position if there was more Ben Nasons running around.
by whufc
Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you sad.

Shit LM, take care mate!!
by whufc
Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dan has just put forward that they are trying to extend the State of Emergency for an extra 12 months through parliament and that the his government has said there is no way the GF can be in Melbourne this year and has requested it be moved interstate
There will be riots in the streets if he tries to get that through...

Can I ask why, it doesn't mean you will be in lockdown until then.
by whufc
Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This might be a bit self indulgent, but it's not the intention ... About 9 year ago my body started doing some funky things and two years later I was diagnosed with MS. Doctor said it was a pretty aggressive form and there was a strong chance I'd be in nappies and a wheelchair 1-2 years later. Despite some dark moments behind closed doors in the early years, Ive generally managed to put up a good front and it's not something I really discuss much with people'. Anyhoo, despite relatively staying on top of it mentally, I've always been a bit nervous about the day I needed to move to a chair permanently and I've been pretty convinced for a while that day would arrive this year or early 2021.

Like I said I'm not the type to openly discuss my issues, but having just come back from the rehab specialist who thinks I've done a great job with my physical therapies and that Im not in any immediate need to become wheelchair bound, Im pretty f***in chuffed lol and felt the need to blurt it out. No doubt I'll be embarressed about this post later, but pumped to not have to worry about it for the immediate future :D :partyman:

Love it!!! Great stuff
by whufc
Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 11 Centrals v Norwood Saturday 1410

Great reward for effort.

Despite all the early losses the effort had been there from the lads.

If we can compliment the current batch of heart and work rate with a few more out and out A Graders we can be back in contention sooner rather than later.

Looking forward to what Andrews first normal off season of recruiting looks like.
by whufc
Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Restaurant & Pub Reviews

Moved out to Spalding recently, 2.5 hours north of the CBD.

Have visited the local pub twice now 'The Barbed Wire Pub'

Went with the Snitty on the first occasion and then the crumbed chop on the second. Standard type pub meals but were done really well. Both under the $20 price point and were typical big country style serves. Good thick gravy, decent chips and hearty veg.

The pub itself isn't much to look at but the service was top notch albeit a tad slow, just the husband and wife combo.

Not worth the trip from the city but if in the area you could do a lot worse for a feed. Bring a swag and crash in our stables afterwards. Apparently their renowned for their Sunday Woodoven Pizza with people travelling from Clare and Jamestown for them.

7/10.
EFA

Sounds like good wholesome country pub food.
And you can let slow service go when its just the husband/wife and the food is good.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Yeah absolutely, everything moves a tad slower up here. Have found when 'city' friends have come up that the slower meal times sometimes influences their experience. Especially if we have been at the wineries all day and keen for a feed.
by whufc
Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 2020 Season

Why has there been no comment from Centrals ? If true tell the members and supporters , if not say its false ? :roll:
Still no announcement on their website.

If I was running the club , a statement would have been made by now as to why. This can damage Centrals for a long time.

Potentially the club are giving Andrews the time to tell everyone he needs to first before a public announcement.
by whufc
Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: JEFF ANDREWS GONE!

Absolutely filthy the club hasn’t made a statement yet if true

If he is sacked the timing paints this as a very deliberate and pre meditated decision. I presume they were conducting end of season reviews this week. The fact it’s happened after a strong finish to the year and after defeating the top side screams this decision was made months ago.

No excuse then not to have had something ready to tell members and supporters.

Ps apparently SEN reporting Kris Grant was to busy today to respond to their questions about this ..... I really hope that’s not the case

According to Rucci and Dillon they’d contacted the club today and yesterday but they declined to comment on each occasion.

I’m not in favour of Andrews being replaced, coaching merry go round is everything I feared when we Lairdy retired. If the club has made that decision though own it, be proud of it and stand up for it. That shouldn’t be hard if you truly believe you have made the right decision.

Whilst me knowing whether his been sacked or not means nothing and doesn’t change anything this scenario has continued a recent theme of the club for showing little regard for its members. The club in recent times have refused to take responsibility for any of its failings including blaming supporter for not attending. If that’s the case maybe they should come to the party and move into 2020 and understand whether they like it or not members/customers of any business expect to be kept in formed and up to date. Members will find out one way or another in this day and age, don’t blame them when the speculation starts if you won’t inform them.

I will openly say I have been very unhappy how our football club is being run off field in recent times
by whufc
Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: JEFF ANDREWS GONE!

I never like the look of these things.

Thommo comes back as assistant, Andrews is all of a sudden axed. Thommo gets the job. Kind of makes you ask questions as to what Thommos motivation was this year and what has gone on behind the scenes.

Even if Thommo was the number one preference from the outside I don't believe Andrews did enough wrong to warrant such as drastic change.
Bringing back a former club champion like Thomas will deliver a instant sugar hit of nostalgia that summons memories of Centrals' days as a powerhouse, but time will tell whether it was worth replacing an incumbent not yet halfway through his remit.

Sadly I think it could be time we move away from the glory days and almost maybe the nostalgia isn't helping the club move forward at this point.
by whufc
Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |