Search found more than 1874 matches

Return

Re: When I was 17, it was a very good year....

The Village on a Thursday night, Chases on a Friday at the Whitehorse with the raunchy girls, Mcmahons on a Sat night in Salisbury before it was the Eureaka.

F**king best days of my life. Drink anything, Root anything and just basically did anything we wanted. Times have changed.

Lol for me it was

Wednesday- time warp
Thursday- The Village
Friday- the Downs, the southern, gully, highlander, the Norwood
Saturday- the planet, church, heaven, Rios
Sunday- the grand

Best times of my life
by whufc
Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: End of season movements. FA, trades, bullshit etc.

Booney wrote:So Adelaide have made no trades?

Why disrupt a top 2 list? ;)
by whufc
Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: End of season movements. FA, trades, bullshit etc.

Crows could start a spud farm with their 43, 57, 59 picks.
by whufc
Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: EPL Season 2014/2015

mickey wrote:This game?

http://youtu.be/IISJfDnOnJE

Yes the greatest all time FA Cup Final.
by whufc
Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: A-League Season 2014/15

Watching on SBS

If I hear 'Millsy' again I'm gonna lose my shit!!!
by whufc
Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: A-League Season 2014/15

Adelaide stuff up again and provide a sub standard pitch making for a sub standard game

Great way to put off all the neutrals AO!!!!!

Seems to be way too slippery. Scrappy game.

Yep isn't helped by the fact it's on a cricket pitch where the ground falls away to all 4 touch lines so the ball is always flying out.

AO= shit for football
by whufc
Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Paedophile Coach

Sick freak!!!!
Not a long enough sentence.

Agree, these blokes are the worse of the worse!!!!!!

Had a recent experience where I caught a rock spider in the act with a disabled 18 year old boy who looked about 12 years old worse thing I have ever seen and affects a shit load of people!!!!

Hope this coach is raped every day if his soft priso sentence but we know that wont happen because he will be put all on his lonesome to protect him '**** that'
by whufc
Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 Matador BBQ's One-Day Cup

bennymacca wrote:Well it's a better spectacle than 6-22 or whatever they were the other day.

Agree, that's no good either

That's why I think the GABBA is regarded as one of the best pitches in the world, offers a bit for everyone, the batsmen who play there shots, fast bowlers and spinners who are decent
by whufc
Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

North Eastern Knights. Do you play?

Not at the moment, I used to, now I coach seniors, womens and a kids team.

Shit, you keep yourself busy...

MR. Creation I've played against LM many a times, And just quietly he was a very handy left arm quick.

Oh and a filthy slapper lol :lol:

Quick LOL!!!

Can say that now 10 years later or so.

Nah Lightning was exactly that Lighnting!!! Plus an agressive bastard as well!!!

Would be in the conversation when discussing any of the PDCA all time elevens
by whufc
Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Pakis v Aussies

Jim05 wrote:Smith with a wicket first ball of the over and then the new batter takes 14 off the remaining balls

Smith the destroyer!!
by whufc
Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

On annual leave now for a month

Off to the US and Europe in 4 days!!!

Let the part begin
by whufc
Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Dark Knight wrote:
whufc wrote:On annual leave now for a month

Off to the US and Europe in 4 days!!!

Let the part begin

Enjoy your holiday mate! Make the most of your time away from work.

I think the whole not working thing is what I'm most excited about.
by whufc
Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

10 minutes away from boating our flight to Los Angeles!
by whufc
Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hooters on hollywood blvd

Even the wife likes it

#mightgetluckytonight
by whufc
Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Madison Square Garden for a Knicks game!
by whufc
Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

woodublieve12 wrote:
whufc wrote:Lol there Aussies bloody everywhere in La and NY it's crazy!!!!

We are easy to pick out, we are the polite ones who use the word 'mate'

and i reckon we sound funny...

My wife has to do all the talking they can't understand a word I say, and I haven't even started drinking here yet.
by whufc
Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bruges- the most beautiful place I have seen!
by whufc
Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SA v NSW D/N Nov 8-11

westcoastpanther wrote:WHUFC is like the RSPCA at the races, hoping a horse will die...

Lol

Have you brought yourself to be able to support Australia's second best bat the blonde don with the baggy green on yet

Your post count stopped dramatically once he started firing!!
by whufc
Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: EPL Season 2014/2015

I reckon you'd find that a fair percentage of 'international' Manchester United supporters believe the club is based in London. They wouldn't know Manchester exists.

I have an Arsenal supporting mate who swears he goes for Arsenal because all his family is from the suburb of Arsenal, no amount of google searches or anything can disprove in his mind his family are from 'Arsenal'

His never heard of Woolwich though
by whufc
Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Steve Smith dropped

Another thread where WCP will go missing

This wasn't egg on the face

This was SMASH CAKE!!!!!!

Steve 'the blonde done wizard' Smith
by whufc
Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Rome-completely surprised with how great this place is
by whufc
Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Rome-completely surprised with how great this place is

If you can avoid being pick-pocketed, sure.....

got pickpocketed in Paris by the Eiffel Tower.

A group of 4 girls came up to me begging for me sign a UNICEF petition or something, I couldn't help but oblige.

She managed to get my wallet out of my front right pocket

Oh well she got off with a $2 cheap as chips wallet and nothing in it except naked girl cards I had collected from LA. he hehehehe

******* idiots i had all my money and cards in a money belt on the inside of pants, new they were a scam after spending hours on trip advisor and just wanted to see what would happen, was very funny watching them run down the road knowing what shock they were in for, wish I could have seen there faces when they saw all the girls.

I had to belt a pickpocket in Madrid, he tried to do the old tie a bracelet onto your wrist really tight and then charge you 40-50 euro to get it off.

I told him no and then as he walked off he tried to grab my right wrist from behind which pulled my shoulder back (the one I had a shoulder reconstruction a year or two ago) natural instinct plus slight panic was to throw a massive left hook (I'm a left hander) which landed right o the sweet spot on the jaw, it dropped him to the ground, I grabbed the misses and flew through the crowd and down some side streets lol
by whufc
Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Oval Football Membership Price Increase

It's all a big game, the crows and port used their power, tricks and manipulation to weave reserves sides into the SANFL.

In the meanwhile the SANFL managed to get a better deal for themselves with stadium and all a sudden the AFL clubs squel like pigs.

Badluck you lost out on this one despite having all the facts and documents infront of you, it's only your presumptions that make this seem like such a bad deal.

Eat it!!
by whufc
Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gombau - How does he keep his job

Ange's record speaks for itself at A-League level for sure but has never done anything overseas where it matters. Ive always be of the view that the Socceroo coach should not be Australian and should have experience in top leagues overseas. I will always maintain he was the wrong man and just the cheap option when others could of been pursued, guess we will find out but a poor Asian Cup and I dont think he will be there by the WC qualies. Just my opinion but Ange should have gone overseas for atleast 2-3 years and then come back to the National side. We expect our players to head overseas to further their careers and skills yet the coach doesnt have to, just doesnt make sense IMO

Agree the Asian cup will decide Anges fate

Personally I think he was the right appointment based on where the national team was at the time

As I said before I believed on this appointment we needed a manager who was passionate about Australian football and its future, we needed a manager who was willing to put his job on the line by risking present results to improve australian football in the future. Imho history has proven the overseas managers are not willing to do this examples being our last two Netherlands managers

In the perfect world I hope Ange has a bit of success at the Asian cup the young lads that he has been patient with establish themselves as international players and then in about 1.5-2 years an overseas manager come ins and takes these players to the next level.

We were always going to have to start playing young A-league talent when the golden generation finished and no one knew these young lads like Ang
by whufc
Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Aus v Ind Test Series

Unfortunately I see it as being very arrogant and embarrassing for Clarke that he would allow and be part of such a farce just for him to have a hit
by whufc
Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yep Ferg has probably blown his chance with bad timing

Probably needed all the stars to align for him to get his chance.

Still has two hundreds this year, I don't think a failure in this match automatically rules him out, though obviously s huge score would have probably sealed it for him

Agree his form previously has been good enough for selection but like I said I think he needed to be absolutely smashing the door at the exact moment

I would be very surprised if the selectors choose an untried batsmen to a top 6 that already includes inexperienced guys such as Smith and Marsh
by whufc
Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NSW vs SA at SCG

http://m.smh.com.au/comment/phillip-hughes-why-we-ran-the-front-page-photograph-20141126-11u6zk.html?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=nc&eid=socialn%3Atwi-13omn1677-edtrl-other%3Annn-17%2F02%2F2014-edtrs_socialshare-all-nnn-nnn-vars-o%26sa%3DD%26usg%3DALhdy28zsr6qiq

Explanation why they chose to publish the photo on today's front page

I personally dont mind the explentation they have given.

Tend to agree

As distressing as the image is I can help but see the beauty in the compassion and compare that is on display for a fellow human being, sadly it's something I don't think we see enough of In today's society

Cricket is the gentlemens game and there is no greater evidence than this photo

I think when PHIL Hughes looks back on his career and may look at this photo with pride in that his been that respected an opponent and player that this was the care he was shown in his most crucial time

Sorry if this post offends anyone just my opinion
by whufc
Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australia v Saffers - One day Series

And people wonder why the Saffers are diskiked so much.
AB DeVilliers has come out and said he thought they were the better side in the recent series and on any other day they would of won the series 4-1.
Umm No DH, you lost because you are a choking bunch of pea hearted squibs
with you Jim... Can't stand the arrogant jerks...
love beating them

As opposed to the humble and dignified Australian team?

But there our arrogant jerks!!!

Come on Benny your a crows fan you would know what's it's about to support a bunch of arrogant jerks with low moral standards
by whufc
Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

they all look scared and distressed to me. I dont like seeing people look genuinely frightened

I'm with you, it's not what I want my 9 year old son to see, especially when he loves his cricket and does well at it.

He said to me Tuesday night "I don't think I want to play cricket for Australia now".

Each to their own though, I'm not one to judge others on their views.

It's weird, I have never met Hughes but this incident has hit me pretty hard, maybe the fact we are both left handed openers, same build and have an almost identical batting style (except he can bat) almost makes you feel like you knew the bloke and he was 'one of yours'

Despite it being such a rare accident being a 31 year old who is still playing the highest stand of cricket im capable of makes you start to question whether 'it's time' and how important playing actually is to you compared to family time etc etc

Almost has made reflect on the few times I have been struck on the helmet by fairly sharpe blokes and you wonder how close you came.

Also makes you think about a few things you do and say on a field, was only a month ago I was playing against an opponent and person I really despise and encouraging our quick to dig in a few short ones you never even contemplate that the outcome could be something so serious

Really sad incident for cricket in Australia with not a single positive other than the support everyone is giving each other.
by whufc
Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If eleven cricketers feel they are in a mental state to play this game then they should play, if the guys don't wanna play **** off india
by whufc
Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Phil Hughes badly injured

Dogwatcher wrote:Don't even want to say what that makes me think.

My thoughts are with Hughes and his family, he will need every last fight in his body to win this battle me sadly thinks

Honestly in shock right now
by whufc
Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

valleys07 wrote:Feel for Sean Abbott. Can't describe what that bloke must be feeling right now.

I feel like Phil Hughes wouldn't hold any grudges towards Abbott

It's now crucial the cricket community supports Abbott which in itself will be a way to honour Hughes
by whufc
Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R.I.P. Phillip Hughes

rip Hughesy

The left handed openers club has lost one of its finest!

Sounds like he lived his life as a true gentlemen of the game which will mean his legacy will live on

Hopefully he keeps crashing them through gully with the other cricket tragicse we have lost through the journey
by whufc
Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Really nice statement from the Hughes family

Must have been real tough for Clarke and much respect for him reading the statement on behalf of the Hughes family
by whufc
Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you sad.

GWW wrote:It is incredibly sad....its like the John McCarthy incident all over again.

I dont think Phil was related to any past Australian cricketers - if he was it wasnt really publicised.

Not sure this can be compared to the John McCarthy incident.
by whufc
Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: #putoutyourbat

Munno para west for me but have placed my bat out there
by whufc
Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Relaxing on the lounge, beer in hand and flick on the nz vs pak test to see the kiwis with the PH on their shirts

First two balls I saw were wayward bouncers

I'm not ready yet, switched off
by whufc
Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Watching the NZ v PAK test at the minute what a terrible thing that we lost our little brother ......A minutes silence before the game kiwi boys crying all have P.H written on their shirts then a wicket in the 2nd over pakky captain caught behind not one kiwi boy celebrated gotta love our neighbours :cry:

Much respect to them and I hope the Aussie fans remember this the next time they tour
by whufc
Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just saw the Clarke presser this morning. Once again he has been so impressive but no idea how they can even think about playing this Thursday.

http://www.cricket.com.au/news/we-loved-him-and-always-will-clarke/2014-11-29

Agree I'm struggling to get motivated to play today and I don't even know the bloke

I guess it's the only thing they know and probably the best way they feel they can pay tribute to him

They all probably have that dream of hitting a 100 for him on day 1 of the Gabba test.

They will know they are not mentally prepared but the result will be irrelevant just being out there will be the tribute

That's my opinion on what the players maybe thinking

Clarke has been top shelf and has earnt the respect of the Australian public
by whufc
Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Pakistan vs New Zealand 3rd Test Sharjah

I really hope the Australian public give NZ a standing ovation if they end up playing a WC game in Aus

They have been extremely classy
by whufc
Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Club Finances

As I have been saying for the last 3 years

The SANFL within 5 years will be a complete feeder comp something similar to an under 23 Comp with each side allowed 5 overage players. There will be no SANFL reserves with the u/18 playing before the SANFL league games.

All Crows and Power games will be played as curtain raisers and part of the pre match AFL entertainment

There will be a mid season draft

IMHO anyone who doesn't think we are heading down that path is kidding themselves
by whufc
Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Unfortunately sometimes it take tragic situations for us to see the best in people, think New York mayor sept 11, female Queensland premier during floods

By no means am I comparing the incidents but more the fact that it has taken such a tragic event to see the strength in Michael Clarke
by whufc
Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well Dave Warner you have honoured your mate in probably the way that would make him proudest.

That's the Australian spirit we like to think we have
by whufc
Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I love channel 9 broadcast but my biggest gripe is that when they show the days wickets I like to watch them as it was shown on nine, not this stupid ball tracker crap
by whufc
Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

How hard was Smith hitting the ball, great to watch and some great humour from Ian Gould the umpire
In my opinion at the point in time. You'd have to say that Steve Smith is the most consistent batsman in the lineup atm. Very talented batsman and he will be representing Australia for a very long time. Even could be the next captain. What do you all think?

Agree, his the next long term Australian test captain
by whufc
Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

No surprise Mitch bowls a few short ones, gets the play and miss and then gets the wicket

Stick to being agressive Mitch it's what the Aussie public wants
by whufc
Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

No surprise Mitch doesn't follow the short one which hit Kohli with another short one

The legacy of Hughes will live forever in Aussie cricket imho
by whufc
Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lyon with another wicket

Has been a class act today
by whufc
Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tasmania v South Australia - Shield

heater31 wrote:Right I have had enough of the negativity regarding the performance of the Redbacks. Next one to post something negative do so at your own peril those lads are disappointed at their performance just as much as you all are......

Problem is we have heard this talk for the last 15 years
by whufc
Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Agree Mal, will take the win anyday but love to see some assistance to the quicks especially in the first session of day 1. Love seeing a contest between batters and bowlers with the ball beating the bat numerous times early on.
Warner is in fantastic form but he knew the pitch offered nothing and he could get on the front foot early with no problems. Love seeing the ball zip around like in England and South Africa early on

For that reason i belive the GABBA wicket on a nice sunny day is the perfect test match pitch.

Favours the quicks early day 1, good for batting days 2-3 and then the pitch gets tougher for days 4-5

Meanwhile on each day there is enough bounce that always gives the quicks and spinners a sniff, while the pace of the wicket means there is value for money while batting.

At no stage of an Adelaide test is there ever any assistance for the quicks.

I dont mind each test venue having different characteristics but for me the first three days of an Adelaide test is the most boring part of the Australian summer of cricket.
by whufc
Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |