Search found more than 1874 matches

Return

Re: NAB Challenge

Where can I place a bet on our next Australian of the year.............................................

settle only joking.
by whufc
Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Test Squad for South African Tour - predictions & discus

Have to laugh at the Saffie commentators banging on about Morkel hammering Lyon.

FFS his doing it to the number 11 at least Johnson is badging blokes who are expected to bat well
by whufc
Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Good work Rogers, saved Warner lol
by whufc
Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

Car window sticker

Empty back window with a sticker of paw prints

Caption next to it

'Dam dingo stole my stick figure family'
by whufc
Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Are You Listening To Now?

Skindred

Heavier than I would normally listen to but love the mixture of reggae and heavy
by whufc
Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SS SA v NSW 3-6 March

westcoastpanther wrote:
the joker wrote:Ferguson under pressure
That's not a serious statement is it
Ferg has scored a 110,80,45*, 21*, 70* from his last 7 shield innings

There's some dills around here.....

Yep imagine someone thinking Ferguson was better bat than Steve 'blonde don' Smith ;)
by whufc
Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lol hitting runs in the shield year in year is out is being gifted.

While Ferguson will be almost ready to retire Smith will be our test captain lol
by whufc
Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Clarke was complaining to the umpire at various stages the highlights don't show that. Should learn to play a pullshot, you didn't see anyone try that sort of bowling to Ponting.

In fairness to Clarke though this tactic is something that is just recently coming back in vogue since the rise of Mitchell Johnson

Until the last Ashes series I think you would go a fair way back to find a quick bowl around the wicket with a short leg, short fine leg, square leg, fine leg and deep square leg and then just bowl short ball after short ball

It's as close to body line as we have seen.

I can't remember real well but I didn't even think the great West Indies sides bowling with fields like Johnson and Morkel recently.
by whufc
Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Demetriou to stand down after 2014 season

This is my problem with AD's reign

The AFL tried to manipulate to many parts of the game to get what they wanted rather than concerntrate on having an even competition where over time the draft will generally create the natural cycle

I don't think there is any other comp in the world where the head office has manipulated so many different rules for different teams to have 'certain teams' remain/ get strong etc for reasons other than the game
by whufc
Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you don't understand

saintal wrote:Why people find RSVPing to an event such a challenge.

Because I'm so popular I don't want to commit to one event just in case something better pops up ;)
by whufc
Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

westcoastpanther wrote:
reppoh_eht wrote:Someone has told them to slap or get out by the looks of it... Bit early in my book!

Yep, I don't understand.

For my first time ever.........SACK CHUCK FFS

Welcome to the club!! :lol:
by whufc
Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Aussie Test Side

I think heading into the Dubai having the 3 pacemen

Johnson
Harris
Pattinson

with some assistance from Watson

and then having both Lyon and Smith bowling spin leaves us with a perfectly balanced attack for those conditions and more importantly doesn't sacrifice bowling depth.
by whufc
Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Snacks - The Good, The Average and The BAD

Problem with eating six small meals a day is that you are more likely to over eat in total for the day.
So eat less than that you think? That makes life even harder for me! FFS! :lol:

snacking isn't actually bad, you can even snack on the "unhealthy" stuff as well. The problem is the amount you eat, while you think it's ok to snack on something healthy too much can actually be bad. If you eat only "healthy meals" but your over your maintenance level of calories by 1000 your still going to put on weight. What you really need to do is work out your maintenance calories and how much your eating a day.

If your having trouble reducing your meal size try drinking a glass of water before each meal. When your hungry drink a glass of water before you eat anything. Put your meals on a smaller plate or bowl. Cut your meal into smaller pieces. And plan your meals ahead and try to eat them at the same time everyday. These will all make it easier to cut down on meal sizes.

Yep your 120% correct.

That's where I have found the protein shakes as a handy snack as I find them quiet filling and it has helped reduce my portion size, plus I was a huge iced coffee fan and it has helped ease that craving.

Please, please, please, please, please don't take this as an attack on your post but me personally (work in a facility that has a health club, not a personal trainer though but does a lot of membership sales, tours etc as part of my role, was 30kg heavier and have now dropped 16% of my body fat and a lot of that is thanks to kickinits advice on lifting, now uses a gym 4 days a week religiously)

I find that a lot of personal trainers, health club professionals, nutritionists etc etc overwhelm people with to much information and make things far to confusing for the 'average person'. Part of the problem is the amount of information that is out there now, with ridiculous shows like biggest loser, websites etc im sure if I went looking on the net now I could info that suggests fruit is bad for you and eating chocolate is beneficial.

I found this to be the case with calorie counting and finding out maintenance levels. Going on different websites, apps or people and you will find a billion and 1 different answers. Calorie counting I found as well was also very hit and miss especially when making your own food, unless your going to weigh every piece you put in it.

I think the most effective lifestyle changes, diets whatever you want to call them are the simplest.

Eat 3 main meals a day, breakfast, lunch, dinner and then stick to 2 snack meals between breakfast and lunch and lunch and dinner. Start by changing to everything low fat (yes they can be full of sugar but generally they are better than the full bodied version) skim milk instead of full cream, wholemeal bread instead of white, pepsi max instead of pepsi, limit use of butter (you wont notice any difference not having butter on a ham and salad sandwich), cut down on sugar in coffee, drink low carb beers rather than full beers over a whole year that's a shit load of calories less than your usual eating etc

I prefer lifting as the best form of calorie burning but if you cant get to a gym aim for twenty minutes of exercise a day and make sure you push yourself even if that means just going for a brisk walk.

And most importantly MAINTAIN and do so CONSISTENTLY.

I lost my first 20 kilos over two years without stepping foot in a gym (I could have lost it quicker no doubt but what I have done is create a maintable lifestyle for me) by purely eating smarter and doing abit of extra exercise. It has now become standard for me and the sight of a whopper or big mac makes me feel ill in the stomach.

Its only in the last 9 months that I have started to take the gym serious and get real in depth with nutrition to the point of working out how much protein, carbs, fats percentage I need per meal.

Start simple and make it a lifestyle change rather than a quick diet. Once you start to get results you will be hooked and never look back.

sorry for the long post just bored at home and got on a roll.
by whufc
Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SS SA v Two Heads

bays09 wrote:what does the brunette don bowl?

Yep now that he has had one season with the ball that was above par we can expect he will be given the ball every game for the next 8 seasons now.

:D
by whufc
Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL - Round 1 - general discussion (and live scores)

And that Boak Simpson holding the ball deciscion is the exact reason the current AFL is no where needs as good as any other era!!!!

TSG that's my evidence the AFL is Aussie rules WWE, it's purely about entertainment and not the actual sporting contest
by whufc
Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sheffield Shield Scores around Oz

For the SS final

Michael Clarke IN
Douggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggie Bollinger OUT

Clarke has recovered from a sore thumb
Douggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggie Bollinger is replacing Johnson for the T20 World Cup

Not a huge fan of how players (yes I know they are on the team list etc etc) can just come back after one, two games at best and be able to take a player who has been there all year spot in the side.

Not having a crack at Clarke as his more than in his rights to play but I think Australian cricket would benefit more by having one of the young lads who has played all year getting the chance to play in a high pressure final and rare 5 day game for these domestic cricketers.

There has to be a benefit to the WA bowlers having to dismiss Michael Clarke surely? I understand your point about a Kurtis Patterson or someone similar getting a game and the benefit there is for him but there is still plenty of positives for Australian cricket with Clarke playing.

You are right, there is a definite benefit to the bowlers getting a chance to bowl to the worlds best.

I dunno I could just never see myself taking someone elses spot in a final when I would have only played 1-2 games in that year.

Personally I think there should be some form of qualification rule, especially if we are serious about rewarding the side that has been the best all year.
by whufc
Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Jonathon trott Weak/scared ????

bennymacca wrote:Still doesn't mean the stress isn't there anymore. But yeah they do have a lot of that support these days

Yep they do get alot more 'free' support than the average joe who works a full time job and is trying to support a family on minimum wages
by whufc
Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL - Round 1 - general discussion (and live scores)

This can't be happening, I don't believe it, it's not the possible, the crows have a reserves team now though.
by whufc
Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Umpiring was good.... wait. what?

Caught about an hour of AFL in round 1 and agree the umpiring seemed pretty reasonable.

Unfortunately though when I see a Boak/Simpson deciscion it makes me ill and I have to switch off. The umpire made the right call under the ruling but it kills the game for me, surely there has to be too for common sense when there is a great one on one battle
by whufc
Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2014

Lol chant rehearsals.

Get to the ground, drink a shite load of beer and start belting out the classics

If the bloke next to u starts singing something witty or funny join in with him and soon everyone else will

It's the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard of and typical of the Crows club and supporters FFS English soccer fans and even Centrals fans didn't need a Cheersquad or even a brain cell between us all to work it out!!
by whufc
Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Footy SA - New Channel 9 TV Show on SA Football

Is there a fair few people that are frustrated by the fact that everything the SANFL now does and everything that is spoken of the SANFL in the media etc comes from an AFL perspective.

I truly believe that the SANFL competition has missed a trick and in less than 10 years will be no more than an under 23 feeder comp for the AFL.

Imho the SANFL should have been looking to set itself up as the alternative to the AFL rather than AFL's puppet reserve league. We were never going to compete against the AFL but I do believe there was enough support out there for the SANFL to flourish in its own right much like the Triple J's, Fresh FM of this world do against the commercial radio stations.
by whufc
Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

The Sleeping Giant wrote:You are lucky you haven't been through the stress of your footy team trying to avoid the wooden spoon for the last half of a season.

Considering I support West Ham I think I know a thing or two about stesding in the second half of a season
by whufc
Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Footy SA - New Channel 9 TV Show on SA Football

Presuming the show goes for half an hour which will mean around about 24 minutes of actual show without adverts, and knowing its shown on a Sunday I reckon the running sheet (heheheheh) will be something like

2min introduction of guests, bullshit yarn and whats coming up in the show.
6min Preview/Review of that Rounds Crows AFL game
6min Preview/Review of the Rounds Port AFL game
2min Rucci Rant which will be no different to him just reading out the rucci roast from the Advertiser
1min Discussion from the panel about Rucci Rant
4min Recorded interview with ex SANFL player/ex SA based AFL player or rising star player in SA football
1min SANFL scores read out including showing a goal or two from the AFL clubs reserves (may include scores from Amatuer Div1)
2min- Wrap (rest of the weekends games and next weeks show etc)
by whufc
Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 2 Discussion ( and Live Scores )

the joker wrote:This makes ports form last week not look that good

Oops!!! :oops: :lol:
by whufc
Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 2 Discussion ( and Live Scores )

Oh well maybe Trigg, Sanderson and co might realise having a list that relies on 4 footballers is a bigger issue than having a reserves side.

Sick shite crows, getting outclassed on and off the field by the Power
by whufc
Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Failed Creation wrote:
carey wrote:Crows supporters always having an excuse why they lost! :roll:

And the excuse always wears white, am I right?

RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!!! ME!!!
by whufc
Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Para Districts Cricketer gets 5 year ban

What club is the player from. Wouldn't be ATCO, Rose and Crown, they run the association and player would've gotten off with slap in the fave

Salisbury North I believe, you are right though, if he played for Rosies he would have got off, I have lost count of the number of times we have called people Pedos on social media and been allowed to play the next week.
Its like the old saying "Not what you know"

Oh, did I mention that you are a dipshit

Dwayne Morton anyone??? Playing for Rosie's didnt help him when he had a very valid defence
by whufc
Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 1 - Norwood v Port Adelaide @ Coopers (Thur N 3/4)

As far as the game goes I hope the Port Power reserves win by 100 points and then they Gatorade shower Joe Tripoldi in the middle of their circle when they sing 'we've got the power to win'
by whufc
Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 1 LIVE scores

Wedgie wrote:A nasty induction to the couple of hundred Crows supporters today, they didn't know how to take 95% of the crowd barracking against them. They looked confused and upset.

You would be too if you were continually told you were going to have 4000 fellow supporters there with you. :lol:
by whufc
Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 1 - Eagles v Central @ Maughan Thiem (Sat 5/4)

Stuff discipline he should not have left the field unless he was bleeding, it may just be a game but you never let something like that happen to a mate without making them pay whether its on the field playing sport or in a pub on a Friday night

It's sad it took a first game whose four foot nothing to be the first dogs player over there.

Could you imagine the gowans, Quinno, Joshua coulter, Elijah ware letting that go a footy field
by whufc
Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: South V West Post Game

With Birss, Hartlett, Fielke, Hill, Still, Green, Webb and Bricknell all to come back soon all is not lost.
South fans in the stands thought they won the Grand Final.
All is not lost yet at Westies.

Not this shit again

South won, there fans got very excited (who could blame them after all these years) and celebrated what would have been a very enjoyable night for them.

If you don't like seeing people over joyed don't go to the footy.

Well done south and their fans
by whufc
Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port 2014 - Pre-Season/General Discussion

WHAT!!!!

The fuuucha omitted

Lol
by whufc
Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rounds 2 - Sturt v Adelaide Post Game

Kind of on topic and kind of off topic.

But word around Elizabeth Oval today from supporters and was even told by a current dogs league player is that Ian Callinan has told the Crows he wont be playing against Centrals this year.

Not sure how true that is but It did come from some normally reliable sources.

How long has he been a Crows player Hammy?

2-3 years I think?

Either way much like the Rooster supporters and Johnston I wont be holding grudge against him if he does play.

on topic the SANFL needs a strong Sturt so im glad to see them make a positive start to the year.
by whufc
Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 2 - Central v Norwood Post Game

Central dominated us from Qtr time. Their ball movement and team work was outstanding. Well deserved.
Very disappointed with the 10 or so in the Dogs cheer squad at the Northern end of the ground.
Doesn't matter if its an opposition player or not. Don't yell "get up princess" plus other shit when a player is almost knocked out surrounded by medical staff. You're an embarrassment to your club

Calling them the cheer squads is kind, there known by most on the northern hill as the quads!!
by whufc
Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 2 - Central v Norwood Post Game

You reckon that is timeslot issues?

Yep timeslot was the main issue.

Imho the 'exposure' argument is far overrated and giving exposure to people who will probably never attend an SANFL game or in particular the two teams involved games (because if they were keen they would probably be at the game especially in the conditions saturday through up) and are only flicking on as a preview to the afl game is not of any great value to the SANFL clubs.

Can we compare tv ratings from the Centrals Norwood game on the abc last year to the channel 7 game this year.

Also having how thousands of people watching the Norwood v port didn't seen to help ports first round crowd or Norwoods away supporter base.

I like the product channel 7 is producing but I can't see any value to centrals
by whufc
Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Norwood calls for fourth interchange player

I'm not to fussed but I don't see how it solves anything.

You could have 7 subs a side and if one gets injured you are still down on the rotations compared to the other side.
by whufc
Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 3 LIVE scores

scott wrote:Q2 5m
Norwood 0.5 (5)
Sturt 4.6 (30)

Legs continue to rack up double the possession, but Sturt doing all the scoring

Under 18s Q4 20m
Glenelg 10.17 (77)
South 10.10 (70)

Is that the Jimmy Allan effect!!
by whufc
Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows reserves supporters

read that article today, quite interesting.

although there was talk on this forum of crowds being well down, i also found it interesting that the average crowds are actually up on last years average so far. obviously remains to be seen whether that continues

Once again very selective information.

Off course the crowds are up on last years averages, we have barely had a drop of rain and all teams hopes are high.

History shows once we hit the winter months the drop off is fairly large and we start to get crowds of just over 1k.

Also there is no bye now, which teams had the bye in round 1 and 2 last year.
by whufc
Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 3 - Central v Adelaide @ Playford Alive Oval (Sat 19

Just got an email from the club promoting the game as the first grudge match between an AFL reserves and a club who didnt want them

I LOVE IT!!!!

:lol:
by whufc
Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 3 - Central v Adelaide @ Playford Alive Oval (Sat 19

Getting well and truly liquered up now....,.,should be a good day
by whufc
Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 3 LIVE scores

Footballs ******, wanna spray some crows fans but there is none here, just gonna get smashed and run amok
by whufc
Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Wouldn't you rather people 'whinge' in the thread that is named the AFL in SANFL whinge thread.

Remember you don't have to look at this thread if you don't want to .

A lot of these supporters have been supporting this comp for many many many many years and have now seen it torn apart. Not everyone is of the mentality its changed so im just gonna follow along regardless of what happens to our comp.

These are people who get to see their side live every single week of the year, they get to see their reserves players every week, they get to meet and have a beer with their heroes on a weekly basis it creates a lot of passion.

Remember you don't have to follow the SANFL if you don't want to.

I don't follow the SANFL, I follow Centrals. The SANFL is run by a bunch of cowards just looking after themselves and their next job interests.

If (it will never happen) Centrals pulled stumps on the SANFL and said they were playing in another comp, I would be happen for them to leave and I would follow.
by whufc
Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Wouldn't you rather people 'whinge' in the thread that is named the AFL in SANFL whinge thread.

Remember you don't have to look at this thread if you don't want to.

A lot of these supporters have been supporting this comp for many many many many years and have now seen it torn apart. Not everyone is of the mentality its changed so im just gonna follow along regardless of what happens to our comp.

These are people who get to see their side live every single week of the year, they get to see their reserves players every week, they get to meet and have a beer with their heroes on a weekly basis it creates a lot of passion.
by whufc
Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

The Royal Visit!!!!!!!

What a big hassle it is to get to and home from work tomorrow!!
by whufc
Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Championship Discussion 2013/14

Jim05 wrote:Nothing to worry about Johnny, good 2-0 win against Wigan.
Welcome back to the EPL

Well done Burnley
by whufc
Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 3 Post Match - Eagles v Power

luketorrens wrote:Very disappointing. As much as I hate the fact that the AFL are in the SANFL, the SANFL wouldn't have lasted much longer without them.

:shock:
by whufc
Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your 2014 predictions

I'm tipping the Crows to win the SANFL flag now they can stack there reserves team now there main sides season is over
by whufc
Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Thursday - 24/4 a missed opportunity?

With no AFL tonight I thought the SANFL could have programmed a game for tonight to maximise exposure, thoughts?

100%

This is why I truly believe the SANFL could still survive on its own back, it does so many things wrong with it fixtures that hurt the clubs.

A game tonight would be a huge winner imho.
by whufc
Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 4 – Eagles v Sturt – Post game

Smallest 3500 I've ever seen.
Well done Eagles. First half set it up when we struggled to match up your talls up fwd and counter your pressure around the ball. If we had've kicked straight we may have won.
Coad is showing himself to be a great leader.
Good game all in all.

I hope your not suggesting figures are being manipulated to justify a major deciscion that's been made recently.

No organisation in the world would do that

:lol:
by whufc
Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |