Search found more than 1858 matches

Return

Psybers' thread

After reading the 9/11 thread, pysber HAS to have his own thread full of stories, advice and general chat

:lol: :lol:
by whufc
Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Love working at a pool and gym in this weather

These are the times u grab a folder and pen, go for a wonder around the facility and do an inspection of the scenery while still looking like ur working lol
by whufc
Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2013 Draft November 21

Boyd is destined to be 1st picked, how many picks with Aish last?
Phantom Drafts having him going top 5.

Pick 2 for mine- 2 years at league level in the SANFL has him well placed to play regular AFL footy in 2014.
Dumont will end up a better player than Aish and will be a steal at around pick 9-15

Agree

Dumont= JET
by whufc
Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Football Park Greatest Moments

pafc1870 wrote:I don't understand the hate of Footy Park as a stadium. Sure, it had some bad parts, especially compared to other AFL venues, but the facilities and viewing are still better than any suburban venue.

Agree
by whufc
Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yep exactly the same, they have all their catalogue specials as well on line

They charge $10 delivery because we chose a premium time slot, it was between 6.30pm-8.30pm tonight, they arrived at 6.41. Normal prices are about $8.

The delivery guy and girl brought the shopping in and put all the bags on our kitchen bench. We just unpacked it. They took eftpis on deliverey.

The initial first shop takes a tad of time but now we are set up we can set a standard shopping list and then just add the extras we need. The other good thing is during the week if we run out of something we can add it to our list midweek, save the list and then order when we are ready to order later in the week.

The total cost also accumulates as u go so nasty shock when u get to the check out if your on a budget.

Also if they have a product out of stock (we had 3 star mince) they upgrade it at the same price as the lesser quality (we got a four star lean mince)

They send u an email the day of the delivery if there is any products they are going to upgrade. You can email back if u would prefer not to get the product rather than take the upgrade.

Whole prices from doing the online order to unpacking was 1 hour at most, which was done at 10pm at night with the wife, a milo and a piece of cake

Really good first experience, will definatly be shopping on line next fortnight
by whufc
Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rumours and Player Movement Discussions for 2014

Fair enough, apparently the port players have openly told clubs that they come as a package and as many of them want to play together as possible and Sturt makes sense considering how many players they lose
Thought Sturt were broke, these guys playing for the love of it are they?

They still have to replace the players they have lost and still have to be able to put 42 blokes on the field, they have no chance if survival as a club just recruiting shite cheap footballers and collecting spoon after spoon, there only chance of survival is with success

Maybe the port blokes aren't asking for as much if it means they can stay together.
by whufc
Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australia A vs England, Nov 6-9

Another 50 to the blonde don

53 not out
by whufc
Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Great to see...

Aerie wrote:And here is the polar opposite to Ashton Hams

http://www.afc.com.au/news/2013-11-08/c ... o-coaching

Lol 'development coach if the SANFL reserves side'

I wonder who will take the role of 'chief toilet roll replacer'
by whufc
Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sheffield Shield SA v WA - Nov 13-16

Gotta have standards, I would rather come bottom of the shield than have a pitcher in the side.

I don't care whether the action is now legal it's a disgrace these guys can call what they do bowling
by whufc
Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: St Kilda 2013

Port have every right to block the move BUT surely it wont be on good terms with Richardson and the partnership would become unworkable at that point.

By the sounds of it Port have some other quality people who can step up to the role left.

Surely the best outcome for everyone is to part ways and both parties move on and look forward to progression.
by whufc
Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

December 4th- going to Ian Botham Luncheon at Centrals, 2 course meal 2.5 hour drink package
December 5th- going to Day 1 Ashes at Adelaide Oval
December 6th- going to Day 2 Ashes at Adelaide Oval
December 7th- going to Day 3 Ashes at Adelaide Oval
December 8th- going to Day 4 Ashes at Adelaide Oval
December 9th- will get tickets to day 5 Ashes at Adelaide Oval

Going to be messy!!
by whufc
Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Next Generation

For me

1. Jordan Silk
2. Nic Maddinson
3. Chris Lynn
4. Travis Head
5. Steve Smith
6. Mitch Marsh
7. Peter Handscombe (WK)
8. James Pattinson
9. Kane Richardson
10. Pat Cummins
11. Alister McDermott

12th Gurinder Sandhu

unlucky Ashton Agar
by whufc
Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think there a few other things involved in the chucking debate as well.

I'm not ok with pacemen having illegal actions but in saying that I don't think it has as big an impact as when a spinner has an illegal action, with the spinner it allows them to impart extremely more spin and sharper angles than ordinarily they could get.

The other thing I consider as well is that in Muralis case I don't think he was a deliberate cheat, it was more a case of he had an action which he couldn't help and he was clearly a chucker.

Where these days I think a lot of the spinners with dodgy actions have on purposely developed the action because of the advantage it gives and if they wanted to they could bowl with a 'normal' action. This is whats scary about the ICC rules. What happens when the next great spinner comes from India and he bowls with a action 2 degrees more than legal. The mark will just move again, where will it stop.
by whufc
Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

pafc1870 wrote:
UK Fan wrote:15 wickets for 950 runs in 3 days

Drop in pitches are awesome!!!!!!

According to one of the groundsmen this is just a once off

That's what they all they say!!!!
by whufc
Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes First Test Live Discussion

What has given me the shits is Andy Flower coming out and acting like his the coach of the England Angels Cricket Team FFS!!!!!!!!

Everytime they have gotten Watson out they have given him an absolute spray (who can blame them) but ffs be realistic.

His presses was the biggest load of wank I have ever heard!!!!
by whufc
Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: England v Australia 5th Test - The Oval

I'm happily wrong!!!
by whufc
Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes 3rd Test Perth Discussion

The blonde Don will forever be the man of the match in the game we regained the Ashes!!!
by whufc
Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes 3rd Test Perth Discussion

I think the change started when they got two mad Centrals fans and northern suburb boys involved in the side!!!!!!!

Come on Aussies come on come on
by whufc
Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Essendon 2013

but why take it out on Essendon????
I don't think Hird is a lying cheating scum filth, because if he is all those things, then why did Andy make a deal????
Andy didn't want it to go to court and lose
the bombers pushed the boundaries, but the AFL have let them push the boundaries to where they wanted them.

I disagree.

I think Andy went light on Essendon and was happy to negotiate a penalty as the consequences of coming down hard on them, in all reality hitting them with what they should have been hit with, would have potentially had Essendons players spend two years out of the game.

Now, with a $1.125bn TV rights deal stating 9 games per weekend Andy had bigger things to worry about.

I think it really all does come back to the TV deal.

Totally agree

Andy D decisions would have been 110% motivated by the business of the AFL not the justice of paying a correct penalty
by whufc
Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes 4th test Boxing Day - Melbourne Discussion

No wonder Watto has so many back and hammy problems, have a look at how quick he stops when he gets Carberrys wicket, no follow through at all
by whufc
Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

what was wrong with Pietersons shot????

he was trying to be aggressive and take the game on, nothing wrong with that and realistically how long are the tail going to wag for??????????

Gut feel says Pietersons better than the pre meditated front leg out to square leg cross bat cow corner slap off a ball hitting the stumps.
by whufc
Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bill Lawry

"If Shane was a horse you would put him down"

Lol
by whufc
Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

daysofourlives wrote:
whufc wrote:Scott Dutschke returning home to tanunda

Edited for accuracy.
Not all players go to the country for money.
Believe it or not some come from the country before they play at a league club.

There is alot more player traffic going from the country to the city

Wow you got all that out of my 5 words
by whufc
Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2013/14 BIG BASH

Hope the strikers get hit for 250 then bowled out or 17
by whufc
Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes 5th Test Sydney Discussion (Pink Test)

I have read it all now!!!

Who does want to face Johnson! The object is to score runs its the first innings and there 300 plus behind

You critising a batsmen for taking a single when he had his other opening batsmen on strike.

WTF!! That is the most ridiculous post off all time on the cricket forum

Heaven forbid an opener wanting to rotate the strike and try and disrupt the bowlers length
by whufc
Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Who saved Test Cricket?

I'm actually a tad worried for test cricket and don't blame t20 at all.

Countries like England and Aus are thriving crowds wise when it comes to test but unfortunately the same can't be said for NZ, WI, SA, SL.

One of the offsets I have seen from t20 is these countries is the administrators have become lazy, they make all the coin they need from t20 and therefore have become lazy in trying to promote test cricket and bring back the crowds.

Obviously in the case of NZ, WI poor on field performances haven't helped there cause but I think t20 has made alot of the administrators lazy and the needs for crowds at test cricket for wealth is non exsistant.

If crowds stop going completely then test cricket will become irrelevant. We need as many competitive countries as possible.

I would love to see Ireland gain test match status, there an improving nation and don't have alot of sporting sides competing at a high level on the international stage (football, union) are the only ones that come to mind. They have natural rivals in England
by whufc
Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes 5th Test Sydney Discussion (Pink Test)

Bailey averaged 19 in the shield last season and not much more this season, him stinking it up was always going to happen.

Agree but I do like the theory of 'the team should be harder to get into than out off'

Bailey was given a good chance he failed he goes.

At least the next person knows that they will have a chance to prove themselves rather than just one test

I think Boof has really given the guys the confidence in knowing they will be given a decent crack
by whufc
Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: FA CUP 2013/2014

Didnt you see the wink?
We are seriously shite, Moyes needs to be lynched
How much longer do you really think they are going to give this bloke... Would be great to see Everton qualify for Europe and Man Utd not :lol:

The club in their wisdom signed him for 5 years, I think he will still be there at seasons end but barring a huge turnaround in form he wont be there next year. Too many players threatening to walk, if we lose Rooney we are well and truly faarked.
The owners reckon they can ride out the financial disaster of not making CL next year but that remains too be seen. There is quite a big supporter group behind the scenes who are very influential and there has even been talk of a mass boycott at home games which would force the owners hands

Sound like bandwagoners to me lol
by whufc
Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ODI Series v England

I think you are even more defensive mal.

Warner watches it straight in to the gloves and walks says it all really Warner had the best view of everyone including the keeper. Yet gets called back :roll:

Tend to agree but in saying that Stokes who by the time had followed through wasn't much further away looked dissapointed as if he thought it hadn't carried.

If Warner believes the keeper caught it and that's why he walked then he probably shouldn't have come back.

Personally the umpires should have asked the keeper and his answer should have been taken as the truth, with all the technology around I doubt a player would claim a catch unless he was extremely confident he caught it
by whufc
Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Magpies died the day their number 1 priority become developing players for another league rather than winning a premiership in the league they play in

End of story

If magpies died then how are they playing this year? again another post where the facts are left out.

Just like a Asian lady boy on the outside they appear to be the magpies but once you pull the pants down you get the shock horror of them being the Port Power reserves.
by whufc
Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Magpies died the day their number 1 priority become developing players for another league rather than winning a premiership in the league they play in

End of story
by whufc
Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Here I was thinking they were now 'one club' apparently not their still the Power and the Magpies seperately
by whufc
Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Test Squad for South African Tour - predictions & discus

I view Marsh how alot of people view Ferguson i think.

Everytime i see him bat i think geez this guy has the perfect technique and range of shots to make it a test level, when day he will be a quality test bat.

BUT

He just hasnt put the runs on the board to warrant selection. As others have sad nothing has been learnt from the Bailey experience which is my biggest critism of this decision.

While we have the ultimate success there have been a couple of baffling decisions since Boof took over, the Agar selction and now this one.
by whufc
Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A few posters bagged the crap out of Steve Smith, and look how that turned out.
Marsh has a good technique against the quicks. Growing up on the bouncy decks has helped.
Not saying he deserves his spot but the guy can bat and at his best will score big runs. Another bloody left hander though!

Difference there was while Smith was failing a test level he was going back to the shield and consistently averaging between 40-50 year after year
by whufc
Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Magpies Are Now The AFL Power Reserves

Are we including all reserves footballers for all clubs in the Iist, because Joe Bloggs has left Centrals to a division 182 club in the ammo league

He'll get picked up by the Port Awesome Sooper Dooper Academy and transformed into the world's best footballer I'm sure.

Yep but unfortunately for them he gets picked up with selection number 7 in the draft by GWS and goes on to win two brownlow medals and they never get to see the bloke play a game in the pretty teal
by whufc
Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Imho the jury is still out on Hughes at test level but the fact is he continues to go back to the shield and knock out big runs year after year.

It's an absolute joke that blokes like Bailey and Marsh are being picked over him for the number 6 spot.

Have we learnt nothing from the blonde don lol

Reward the blokes who consistently hit runs in the shield ffs
by whufc
Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Give it away Kickit you are just making a foll of yourself !!!!!

haha, i'm just agreeing with you that the SANFL is a reserve's competition. But if you want call it a reserves competition then you have to take it back to when it allowed AFL reserve players to play, which is 1991. You make the choice is it or isn't it a reserves competition.

Ummmm I think people are saying its a reserve comp now because we have a reserves teams in the comp now.

The reason we have a reserves team is because two teams have its firsts in the AFL and it's reserves, left overs, spares, replacements in its second side.

How is the Crows SANFL side a reserves side but the Powers SANFL side is not
by whufc
Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shark Culling - Yes or No?

Put Barnett in a burley wetsuit. Drop him out at sea. Make him swim back to shore.

Same goes for any other oxygen thief who agrees with him.

Feed 'em to the fishes!

Wouldn't that prove his point that the shark are a threat and dangerous though?

Off course sharks are in their own environment, geez we don't even shoot pedophiles who are more of a threat and more dangerous to our world.
by whufc
Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The difference is their priority and intention

Port Magpies number one priority now is to give games to Powe listed players and to develope them to be able to play in the Port Powers AFL side. There is nothing wrong with that but that is almost the definition for being a 'reserves' side

Where as clubs like Centrals etc etc number one priority was to win SANFL league premierships even meaning at times that AFL listed players played SANFL reserves, even meaning they lost AFL listed players because they weren't using the players how their owners liked. That's clearly not a reserves side

Oh so now priority and intention decide what is a reserve side? Why do you keep changing your argument? I'm pretty sure if you ask hocking his number 1 priority will be for his side to win as many games as possible and that includes a flag.

Lol i have had that conversation and I wish you were there

Lets put it this way Hocking will not get sacked based on how many games the Port Power reserves win
by whufc
Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What did each era bring to the game

@ Mrbeefy

Yeah I understand that but I guess I'm saying I didn't see to many people in the footage i have seen of blokes throwing their body around. I'm happy to be wrong genuinely asking

My guess would be catching ability would have been just as good if not better then but now there are lot more athletes and this allows more fielding creativity like we see on the boundary these days
by whufc
Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Sleeping Giant wrote:Not as natty as Mary Jane.

Have u heard the song

The Streets- the irony of it all

I reckon you would appreciate the lyrics even if u didnt like the song
by whufc
Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows Disgrace

Ronnie wrote:The Crows= arrogance on a plate.

Your clubs gave them that right when you bent over and let them drive a truck up your arses
by whufc
Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

D14 wrote:The power wear the state jumper every home game, they just changed the colours. Blown way out of proportion.

Are you kickinit's Crows username
by whufc
Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Mainly aimed at the Crows fans

But would it be fair to see the majority of south australian football fans don't support the crows, when you take into account power supporters, interstate afl clubs supporters, SANFL ammo country fans who don't follow or support a side in the afl
by whufc
Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I really missed something when the whole Crow Mania took hold.

Maybe because being a kid living in a housing trust house in Elizabeth while the old man worked two jobs to take care of me and him that we didnt have the time nor money to follow the Crows.

I couldn't understand why someone would want to jump off a team they had so passionately supported for years to support a team of players that I had disliked as opposition players for years in a comp I only had a passing interest in. I never got it.

Throw in the fact you would only ever get to see your new side every second week and it made no sense to me.

Geez I was in the minority
by whufc
Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm surprised we haven't seen the famous 'adelaidefc' post on here yet
by whufc
Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Test cricket
by whufc
Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well batted Marsh

Shouldn't have been in the side but has taken his chance at this stage.

Stay fit FFS!!
by whufc
Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Sleeping Giant wrote:Poor shot selection

Should have hooked it :lol:
by whufc
Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |