One of the greatest docs of all time
by whufc
Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: World Cup - Brazil 2014

Two terrible pens, big choke by the Dutch

Or good saves by the keeper too.

Once again jim, bright side of life mate!

Imho

First pen was an absolute shocker half way between the keeper and post and neither high or low just the perfect diving height

Second pen was well taken and just a brilliant save from the keeper, in saying that it has to be hit either along the ground or go real high, it's the most basic rule of taking a pen
by whufc
Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 13 - Central v West @ Playford Alive Oval (Sat 12/

The big in for Centrals this week is samuuuudogs!!!!
by whufc
Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 17 Drivel

bennymacca wrote:How does Eddie not get a free there

Lol

For what getting a turtle neck in the marking contest from an ordinary kick
by whufc
Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 13 - LIVE SCORES

I think today proved Centrals were right in getting rid of Hardy

Knees are shot, can't bend down below his knees, can't jump and didnt break into a sweat at any stage!

It was actually pretty sad, was like watching a 60 year old man out there
by whufc
Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 Tribunal News & Discussions

I don't disagree with Hartlett's penalty but in a peverse way it might encourage more of the dregs to front up (from behind a fence) and let loose at an opposition player. It would be a badge of honour to some of the cretins to think that they had a hand in a key opposition player missing important matches, for some, probably the highlight of their tiny lives. The fan involved has to face some consequences of his actions. What is going to happen to Grant??

Nothing needs to happen to Grant, Hartlett should be a professional and ignore it, not sure how Grant is getting any blame for this?

Do we really believe his story that he just called him a d**khead

imho while sledging is part and parcel there are lines which included racism, sexuality and family.

If someone crosses those lines I don't care if im on a sporting field or not ill throw a few big left hooks.

To get two players to react the way he has suggests that maybe his crossing the line somehow with his comments plus he has a head you just want to belt.
by whufc
Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Double header at Adelaide oval

Should go the whole hog and have 4 games there on a particular day starting around 11.30am and last game starting around 7.30pm, reckon it would be a huge winner, all 8 SANFL Clubs playing there on a particular day

Yep this should be Round 1 with free entry or gold coin donation which goes to a charity as the entry fee.

Each club can be allocated an outside section of the ground (ala Centrals and North get the northern end by colonels lights, South the southern end by memorial drive etc etc ) to run and promote its own activities with discounts on memberships available on the day etc etc.
by whufc
Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Double header at Adelaide oval

TimmiesChin wrote:How many would need to attend an Adelaide Oval double header for the clubs to break even ?

150,000 if u ask Kochy
by whufc
Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 15 live scores and waffle

Uuuu dogs!!!!!
by whufc
Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Rezoning

Booney wrote:Central Districts isn't really Central to anything. Sturt isn't really in Sturt.

Would you like to be called the Woodville-Port Adelaide-Le Fevre-North West Suburbs Eagles?

Come on Booney as a Port supporter you are the first to know 'its about mate than just a name'
by whufc
Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Heard Rowe on 5aa say that the league will be sending out a statement soon in regards to changes for the afl reserves side for 2015.

- Can't sign anyone over 23
- Can only sign one year contracts
- Can't recruit interstate players

I wonder if this means they have to get rid of players or they just can't sign anymore players over 23, not sure what else was mentioned only caught the end of it.

All part of the AFLSA push to make the SANFL an under 23 feeder comp for the AFL.

I have been posting this thought for a couple of years and I truly believe AFL head office would love nothing more than to see all the state league completely change to this way

not sure why they would do this. doesnt make any sense really

As close as following the American sport system as they could get in Oz

Every thing the AFL does is based on the USA sports system

-salary caps
-blockbuster games
-schedules based solely on maximising TV ratings
-creating franchises to capture a certain market
-teams with extra salary cap room etc etc
-finals
-free agency
-tv replays for deciscions
-trade period
-draft combine
-drafts
-veterans lists/rookie lists/development players from overseas
-completely monopoly of the sport (NFL being used as the term people refer to when they describe the sport they play similar to AFL when it's Aussie rules football)
by whufc
Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Chris Davies departure

Will be joining the Port Adelaide Football Club, replacing the outgoing Peter Rhode...

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/sanfl-football-chief-chris-davies-to-replace-peter-rohde-at-port-adelaide/story-fnia6ojc-1227017346472

What a great bloke :roll:

Lol wasn't half obvious was it, like we all said before the vote watch how many of the people involved in the AFL in SANFL move into jobs within the two AFL clubs
by whufc
Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL crowd numbers

But according to you guys only 50 crows fans turn up. So it must be glenelg supporters turning up?

imho there are alot of joint supporters Centrals/Crows etc etc who now have struggled with the concept and struggling to follow one SANFL side as passionately as they use to.

Now there are alot of these joint supporters who are only chosing to come to two games a year and are there for more of a carnival atmosphere rather than picking a side either way to support.

The joint supporters i knew at these game were wearing Centrals gear but werent passionate either way and were only there as they could see both their teams on the one day.

I do agree with this somewhat, it is exactly how I felt when I went.

This would skew the crowds somewhat - I might have only gone to a couple of centrals games a year at most, so if that's the case it makes sense for me to choose the crows game to go to. This could also explain some of the drop in other games too

agree

if you were a sturt/crows supporter who mainly went to watched the crows games either live or on tv and went to the occasional sturt game when they crows werent on it makes perfect sense that the games you would plan to go to would be the sturt/crows games.

What i have found though is that alot of these supporters go there intending to have a relaxing, carnival type day and are very surprised at the anger from the passionate SANFL fans towards the concept.
by whufc
Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yep its pretty sad how quick Ian Callinan is willing to put his name to anything for the corporate dollar.

There was a few Dogs supports at the ground yesterday who are slowly losing respect for this SANFL great footballer.

What other major world sporting league has made supporters have two teams they support in the same league.
Wouldn't have considered the SANFL a "major world sporting league" even before the AFL came along, let alone now.[/quote]

Hehe...
The other Major World Sporting Leagues; VFL, WAFL, Spanish Soccer, Baseball in America[/quote]

Im talking about the AFL club Crows splitting their supporters

but your right the AFL isnt a major world sporting league
by whufc
Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

klaan wrote:If the SANFL competition ends up achieving 20000 more attendees than last year, is that not a good result?

Not if the 20000 new attendees have put $20k into the clubs for one season only while the 1000 that walked away would have put $70k into the clubs on a yearly basis
by whufc
Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The replies to my comment re Saturday afternoon Footy are proof that most on here are stuck in an era that has long gone. Explain to me why there has been a move to night Football? Explain why crowds on Sunday afternoons and decent Friday nights tend to be larger than those on a Saturday afternoon? The facts are that Saturdays aren't what they used to be, with people having many more commitments etc. Not to mention, as stated above, amos/country Football etc.

Agree the SANFL needs to use its inititive alot more when scheduling and be alot more flexible and willing to change games.
by whufc
Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

NBA schedule out today!!

Bought tickets to Knicks vs Hornets at Madison Square Garden

AND

Lakers vs Houston at Staples Centre on Opening NIght of the season.
by whufc
Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Great attitude mate, stick in there
by whufc
Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 22 - Possibilities and Probabilities.

Suck shit Crows!!

Best hangover cure ever!!!
by whufc
Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

bennymacca wrote:Since when do they have no hope of beating the sides? Norwood just spanked the crows

Unfortunately the SANFL comp is now decided by the amount of injuries, and attitude of the AFL teams.
by whufc
Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Passion for SANFL Football is Gone !!

Personally my passion for the game is still as high as it has ever been and I know my fellow Norwood supporters are the same.
I have been delighted to see our young players continue to improve after losing 12 players from last year's premiership side.
You can be sure the South and Sturt supporters would be just as passionate as well this year.
Can certainly understand West, Centrals and North people being disappointed at missing the finals this year and the Eagles have had a strange year.
A Port Power friend of mine went to the SANFL game at Alberton last week and said he did not realize the standard was that high and totally enjoyed the game.
Loyal people jumped off before the season even started.
Position on the ladder is irrelevent. I didn't miss a loss in 2003 when we came bottom winning only 1 game.
The invasion, compromise and integrity is what's relevent here.

Yep same,

I actually consider this to be a better year for the Dogs than last despite finishing lower on the ladder.

Had made my mind up i wouldn't attend the YES clubs home games at the start of the year and was pretty much true to my word with the only away game i attended being the game at the Bay.

Missed more games this year alone than in the last 20 years combined/
by whufc
Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Unfortunately I can see some sad times ahead for the SANFL, Gilligan again stated yesterday that he is keen to look at a midseason draft by 2016, the AFL clubs could possibly raid the state leagues for talent and we have the scenerio where a team near the top of the SANFL ladder midseason suddenly loses players to the AFL, what a joke.
Even worse would be if the Crows or Port pick them up and we have a situation where the player plays against his old club in the same season

Don't be selfish. If this gets more players into the afl, the ultimate goal of almost every young player playing in the sanfl, this is pretty obviously a good thing for those players. Clubs cannot be selfish and they need to realise that they are not the final desired destination for most players

This isn't the 80s anymore where they were just poaching players. The sanfl is a stepping stone, whether you like it or not.
I understand at the end of season Benny and im all for guys having a crack at AFL but not swapping midseason.
So you would be happy if Centrals were sitting top at the halfway point of the season and then had their best 3 or 4 players pinched halfway through the year and ended up missing finals?
De-values the comp even more IMO.

I agree it devalues the comp a bit, but if it provides opportunities for players to play afl then i think it could be worth it.

Fwiw I doubt it would ever be more than 1 or two players per afl club, most clubs wouldn't draft someone at all, if more than 10 people Australia wide got drafted I would be surprised.

It will filter all the way through and devalue all comps

Example being Centrals go and lose Retzlaff mid season this year, what do Centrals do

Sit on there bum and accept they have lost there best key forward or go to the barossa league etc etc and poach some gun forward there with an oppurtunities of playing league football and potential SANFL finals.

Throw in the fact most players like Retzlaff are enticed to the SANFL with job oppurtunities from club sponsors as well, so now u have pissed off a club sponsor because they have lost a staff member they thought they had for at least 6 month period and now have to spend hundreds to thousands re training someone to do the role they just spent hundreds training someobe to do, that will be the last time they offer there service to the club

Then what happens to the country club who have potentially given this bloke 8-15k by mid season and now lose out

It makes me laugh that Aussie Rules Football will be the only sport in the World where every little bit of its exsistance revolves around one league
by whufc
Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 23 General Chat

Come on Tigers!!!!!!!!!
by whufc
Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Richmond!!!!!

Adelaide Crowval will be like a morgue tomorrow
by whufc
Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2014

Goodnight lol

Gun recruits is a 27 year old small forward and some old fart, plus they got the 'must have' reserves side and they have gone no where lol

Look forward to seeing 11k at the crows game tomorrow
by whufc
Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Krispy Kreme opening - yada, yada, yada.

bennymacca wrote:Well he started with 1 servo and now owns 111 and is worth about 400 million by the age of 37. Not bad going.

Apparently it's an interesting story on how he made his initial riches
by whufc
Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: End of Season Delistings

the joker wrote:
whufc wrote:
the joker wrote:Gwilt is expected to get picked up by the crows on a one year contract

Lol this great news for all the Crows haters

Can't make the Saints squad mmmmmmmm another lister clogged at the Crows would be perfect
like Boyd at the dogs last year?

Come see me when Gwilt wins a premiership at the Crows
by whufc
Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Finals - week #1

whufc wrote:
whufc wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:Have a feeling tonight could be one out of the box, an easy win to one of the teams.
Hope its our way

I couldn't resist the $3 on offer for Hawthorn -29.5

Boo I'm gonna go a couple of points short

You beauty winner winner chicken dinner
by whufc
Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

NRL player got knocked out cold

Now I don't rate that but what i do rate is the opposition player first on the scene actually knew what to do and rolled him into the recovery positioning in a measured and careful way!!

All proffesional sportsmen should be made to spend the two full days to go and do there senior first aid course
by whufc
Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lol and people still have the nerve to call the no afl in SANFL a tin foil hat argument.

The AFL have become the USA the self appointed ruler of Australian Rules Football. They use their money and power to intimidate and defend any alterior motive

No wonder Australian Rules Football has become dead to me and I'm more interested in English football and the NFL despite only getting to see 0.1% of it live.

Maybe one day we will see a breakaway national 'state league' comp
by whufc
Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Finals - week # 2.

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Gotta love Petrie with the choke motion

harvey diving when noone touches him

Bunch of ****

In saying that they have physically bullied the cats tonight
by whufc
Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Finals - week # 2.

bennymacca wrote:what a cracking game of footy

What the last 5 minutes

Was an extremly dominant display by the kangas for 115 minutes
by whufc
Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Finals - week # 3.

I think Boomer is just one of the old school blokes who has struggled to adapt to the new form of the sport called AFL.
by whufc
Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sanderson sacked

According to a radio sports show (not sure which as was flicking between AA and MMM) that Sando and the board had differing opinions on what direction they needed to go with the playing group.

Now Rowe is saying it's all Triggs fault. McDermott is pretty fired up about it

Sando probably told them the truth about where the playing squad is actually at in the real world.
by whufc
Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Surely Heath Younie is next in line coach!!!!! heheheheh
by whufc
Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

bennymacca wrote:Well I'm no bandwagoner sanfl supporter who would quit at the drop if a hat, so I'll be there, but I won't be happy

LOL

The Centrals bandwagon of '88 was flying!
by whufc
Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Has the SANFL hit all new lows.

We now have clubs losing players to rival clubs in the same competition thanks to a 'reality' tv show.

I cant think of how this comp could be compromised any more.
by whufc
Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Loved Robbos on AFL 360 saying the Crows are now irrelevant in there own city!!
by whufc
Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I wonder if the players will have a say in who the new coach will be
by whufc
Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm not angry it just makes me laugh how bad this comp has gotten in the last 5 years

It has gone from being a very strong state league comp to something that has become completely irrelevant in the state and is now getting smashed from all angles.
by whufc
Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 SANFL GRAND FINAL NORWOOD V PA RESERVES

Is this game even still on, between the AFL prelim and the Crows coach sacking this has become non exsistent
by whufc
Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Live EPL Scores 2014/15

Still Drunk!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
by whufc
Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: FFA Cup

Really good to see people supporting this concept

Is it a random fixture out of a pot or is it selected by the FFA. If its selected by the FFA once the comp grows legs I would really like to see the comp become completely random like the fa cup (supposedly)

For me the FFA are kicking goals left right and centre while the AFL is out of bounds on the full
by whufc
Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tippett + Buddy = No flag

Have to laugh at the amount of Crows fans given Tippett stick about losing the GF

Ultimately I would much rather experience a grand final week and lose the game than not experience it at all
by whufc
Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A nice day of cricket trial games against a bunch of really good blokes, a great spread put on by our club, beautiful weather, cold beers and now off to the wife's birthday dinner for some Chinese

Btw between whufc, Carey and failed creations only 1 run was scored lol
by whufc
Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sam Burgess BEAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
by whufc
Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Thats ****** up. Now the kids gonna grow up thinking there is something different about her, even though there isn't. Could have a big effect on her life.

What I want to know is who the hell has determined that this child is trans-gender?

Cos I can guarantee you the the kid probably has no idea.

Hell, I never wore skirts, I hated Barbie dolls and I preferred to be playing british bulldogs or kicking the footy outside with the boys - didn't ever make me want to be a boy.

Screw the terrorists - shoot the bloody do-gooders instead.

Is it a case of 'trans gender' being deemed more politically correct than the term 'tomboy'

Pretty shit situation, my daughter loves wearing her west ham kit to casual dress day at school if any one accused her of being trans gender I would shoot them
by whufc
Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

That was pretty shitty

But WTF was a 17 year old doing at out at 1am on a weeknight?

School holidays......

I'll ask the question again.

Why is a 17 year old kid roaming the streets in the middle of the night?

When I was 17, I had a 11pm curfew, midnight if it was a special occasion.

Ah how times have changed

17 was a great time, living the school dream (no work grind) still lots of house parties to go to, while also being able to get in to night clubs as well.

At 17 we were just finishing pre drinks at 11pm
by whufc
Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sydney Swans 2014

Is it a coincidence this and griffens move to nsw come out within a couple of hours of eachother? Maybe he was going to sydney til the afl got wind of it and this is the result.

You could be on to something or as others have suggested maybe Ryder had spoken to the swans

Absolute disgraceful by the AFL and so typical of how they operate
by whufc
Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |