Search found more than 3385 matches

Return

Re: 2013 - Player retirements/delistings/trade discussion

tigerpie wrote:Armstrong!!! No thanks.

:)) :)) :))
please take him... spud
by woodublieve12
Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:18 pm
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Vale Les Stevens

RIP, Les.
A wonderful contributor to our club and left a great legacy.
by Dogwatcher
Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:38 pm
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Here's another thing that shits me:

Weather that's hot enough to keep the kids out of bed later than their normal 8.30pm bed time slot. This in its self isn't an issue but the fact that Dad loves a smoke with a beer and he hides it from his kids that he smokes and he has to wait till about 10pm for his first one is what shits me!!! :evil:
by Wedgie
Fri Jan 20, 2006 9:31 pm
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: First Ashes Test Team predictions

whats starcs injury like? will we see him this season?

i think bailey definitely should be given a go. definitely more experienced than khawaja, and seems to have some good form going. hughes probably unlucky to miss but reckon bailey will go alright

I would definitely put a line through Khawaja's name. He's not up to it.
by Failed Creation
Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:11 pm
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: First Ashes Test Team predictions

faulkner and cutting are only medium pacers really. think they might be a bit like copeland - good at shield level but would get exposed at top level
by bennymacca
Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:03 am
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows Reserves 2014

The only name it should be changed to is

"WHITE ELEPHANT STADIUM"

The amount of money spent just for an extra 20,000 seats, most of which will be covered in a few years time, is not justified with the hospital systems in such a horrific state. And the money spent on the walk way is ridiculously excessive.
by nwdfanparade
Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:46 pm
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: First Ashes Test Team predictions

Jordan silk scores another ton for tassie. If things don't go to plan in the upcoming series surely a young batsman in form will be given
A chance. 6 shield games for 3 hundreds is a pretty handy record at this stage of his career
by happyhawk
Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:09 pm
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sack Chuck

Phantom Gossiper wrote:If/When chuck is giving his marching orders, who would be the likely replacement?!


Jason Gillespie would be my choice.
by Failed Creation
Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:07 am
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows Reserves 2014

Interesting to see what the doggies fans make of that
Completely understand why he made the decision. Probably not a difficult one in the end, money and a career. He's been a fantastic player for us and a great bloke. Another player we have to replace.
Another reason I hate this reserves decision and hope it blows up in the face of the clubs that voted it in.
by sjt
Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:23 pm
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Channel 7 announced by SANFL as preferred telecast partn

Given the Crows really aren't a club to call the people who attend their games 'fans' is probably incorrect

i believe the correct term for people who attend Crows games is 'Marketing Opportunities'.
by topsywaldron
Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:26 pm
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Great to see...

if only that sought of loyalty was a bit more common in state league footy, would love to see someone from norwood do the same thing when drafted to crows or power sanfl teams.


Centrals Josh Glenn this year still deciding whether to enter draft.

Doesnt want to move interstate has no interest playing for a local club./

If he doesn't want to play for the 2 teams here and the 16 teams interstate I could go out and a limb and tell the lad maybe the AFL isn't for him?
Not the sharpest tool in the shed I take it?

That comment suggests the only person not terribly sharp is the author. Plenty of people work in a job they don't like, or for an employer they don't like, or in a place they don't like. Is it not hard to see the ability to set himself up for a long time holds some temptation while being able to stay local and enjoy his footy more might hold another temptation? If a decision with such obvious merits on both sides is too difficult to comprehend for an observer, I suggest looking inward before casting aspersions on others.
by Grahaml
Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:26 pm
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: North Recruit Triple Magarey Medalist!

Thank Christ! You were crap far more often with him. Can you get alleway back as well?
by smac
Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:46 am
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: First Ashes Test Team predictions

smith is a good example of someone that was picked and persisted with (recently at least) and it seems to be going ok
by bennymacca
Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:59 pm
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Rob Chapman

Can't stand the slimy prick. Sounds like a sleazy salesman grinning from ear to ear through every spiel of BS he offloads, knowing the sheep are hanging on every word.
by JK
Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:59 pm
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The future of West Adelaide.

Yes. Let's look after the guy who stole a large amount of money and once caught tries to take the easy way out. Don't press charges either so he can do it again one day. Steal 100k and no criminal record. If he did it again somewhere else, the next victim should be able to sue the wafc.
by The Sleeping Giant
Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:40 am
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes First Test Live Discussion

Batsmen will make mistakes early in their innings, been happening since the game began. No matter the deck or the attack, you're going to get out early at times. What kills you though is when blokes get a start and don't go on with it. Warner, Watson and now Smith all batted for a while and score just over 100 between them when 200 would be a pass for 3 international batsmen.

I've reserved judgement on Watson at 3, but now I've decided he's just not the man. He's a prodigious talent with bat in hand, but he seems to be able to attack or defend. There's no middle ground where he can make runs safely all day that a true #3 can do. Batted himself into a hole then got out. I'm with Ponting on this one, Clarke needs to be our #3 .

A lot riding on Haddin and Johnson here. Thankfully they both have the ability and record to do it, but 1 more and things look really dire.

Too gutless to bat at 3.
by scoob
Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:08 pm
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

Is Lucas Neil the biggest sook in Australia sport at the moment?
by woodublieve12
Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:58 am
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

Is Lucas Neil the biggest sook in Australia sport at the moment?

He is, but's let us not forget just how precious professional athletes are.

Poor souls, all that money to stay super fit and do what they love, travel the world, barely put their hand in their pocket for anything, ever and then on top of that they have to tolerate being "booed" from time to time. Not because the public want to "boo" them as such, but there's no chance of scaling the ivory tour to actually speak to them so "booing" from the terraces is the only way the public can voice displeasure at comments they have made during those ever so tiresome 15 minute pressers.

Oh how my heart ******* bleeds.
by Booney
Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:48 am
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows Reserves 2014

Ron Burgundy wrote:As long as it makes the AFC a stronger club overall...

Most other AFL clubs have their seconds team playing together, so it is great that SA is following suit.


It won't, itll just be an expensive exercise in getting rid of one more excuse as to why the Cows and Powder are crap.
by Wedgie
Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:09 am
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SACA apply to CA

Blame those that voted YES...disgrace

Blame the person who booked the Stones to play that night, no one else, the redevelopment had nothing to do with that persons incompetence

But if the brain washed sheep voted no then some peanut in Events SA did not have to ask the Stones to play at Adelaide oval.


Here I was thinking it would take a year or two for the fights to use the oval yet it is not even finished and it has begun.....
by heater31
Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:08 am
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Compiling Accurate Stats PAFC

Mark has it 100% right, the Port Adelaide Football Club only changed their name in 1996 so a new franchise could use it, proven in legal documents and by the fact players who stayed with the Magpies didn't need to sign new contracts where those who went from the old Port Adelaide Football Club to the new franchise did.The club in the SANFL was the same until the franchise who took over their name also took over their club.
Factual as usual Mark, keep up the good work. Just a shame some choose to ignore facts as it doesn't suit them.

I've had this argument with Cornesy, who relies on technicalities and Legalities to support his side. Relying on legalities in this case renders his argument invalid. Legal arguments are bound by precedent and in this case of a club moving to another competition, there is none.

The next principal in a Judges arsenal would then be "Substance over Form", primarily an accounting term but basically means, "what was meant to happen, happened" by whatever means necessary. In this case, Port Adelaide moved from the SANFL to the AFL. New numbers, codes, terminologies do not mean new club. But it does now mean that Port Adelaide is now the Legal precedent.
No need to argue with me, I preferred it when I ignorantly thought the Port Adelaide Football Club had moved to the AFL as I could put shit on my Port mates telling them my SANFL club had more SANFL premierships then theirs and my AFL club had more AFL premierships than theirs!
Alas I was proven wrong when the facts were pointed out to me and I conceded. Mind you now since the Power franchise took over the original PAFC to field their own side I can at least argue that again. Just a shame that the club that won 36 odd premierships in the SANFL is no more in any shape or form. No precedents needed, facts are facts.
I do like your cute little prose though, I might shoot someone and then in court tell the judge that no precedent has been set with someone named Wedgie shooting anyone therefore it did not happen. :lol:
by Wedgie
Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:15 pm
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes 3rd Test Perth Discussion

Well done Smithy! Needed a score and got one, good to see him respond after struggling in the first two tests.

Shane Watson, f**k off, you're not a test number three!! Get rid of him Boof FFS.
by The Dark Knight
Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:01 pm
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes 3rd Test Perth Discussion

i don't care how good a form your in or how bad a form your in, there is no way you could play that ball!!! Absolute corker! Would have got anyone out!
by woodublieve12
Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:57 am
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes 3rd Test Perth Discussion

East Coast Panther man of the match
by mal
Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:52 pm
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Draw

It is sickening seeing the Advertiser trying to hype up the round 1 game between Norwood and the port power reserves. Can norwood beat their old enemy now its full of power reserves talent they say Clearly they are giving the SANFL some attention as they see money in it. It alsmost sounds like some sort of exhibitiion game however...the best of the SANFL versus the port power reserves. This is an insult to the port v norwood rivalry to try and pass it off between a battle of traditional rivals. There is no way in gods green earth I will be attending. The SANFL directors have failed South Australian football fans miserably!
by passionatelegsfan
Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:12 pm
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Draw

Highlights of the draw for me include:

Sat. 26/4:
Central District v South Adelaide
Sat. 21/6:
South Adelaide v Central District
by RB
Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:31 pm
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Graeme Swann retires?????

What a front running soft c**k
So proud of the Aussies for mentally destroying this mob, hopefully this sets them back for years. Just need us to crush them 5-0 and put an end to Cook's captaincy and Prior and Figjams careers
Thank you Watto for finishing him off
by Jim05
Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:56 am
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Field umpires becoming redundant

Or we could just leave it to the umpires call. 3rd umpire is fine imo but sanitizing any game completely is ridiculous. For me run outs is fair game but beyond that then get ****.

Soccer is still very intriguing and is more popular than ever. It's still a sport who hasn't been caught up too much in modern technology when it comes to to on field decisions and SURPRISE it's more popular than ever!!
by LaughingKookaburra
Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:27 pm
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes 4th test Boxing Day - Melbourne Discussion

a clean catch inside the rope should be out, so what if u then go over
by locky801
Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:41 pm
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes 4th test Boxing Day - Melbourne Discussion

Time for the Blonde Don to send down a few, has troubled Bell in the past. With Watto down need to get a few overs from elsewhere
by Jim05
Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:25 pm
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes 4th test Boxing Day - Melbourne Discussion

locky801 wrote:ffs bat or retire hurt

Yep
by Jim05
Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:30 pm
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Jacques Kallis Retires

Agreed, champion cricketer, embarrassing rug, rootable missus ...
by dedja
Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:42 pm
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Jacques Kallis Retires

I believe the term 'champion' gets used far to often but I believe Kallis is a champion of the game great career hope he goes out with a bang.

Well played.
by carey
Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:39 pm
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes 4th test Boxing Day - Melbourne Discussion

Bell gone first ball. Very good ball, well bowled Lyon
by helicopterking
Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:47 pm
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes 4th test Boxing Day - Melbourne Discussion

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Lyon you star


Maybe the media will finally get off his back and realise he is the spinner to stay. Finally after like 1000 after Warne we have a keeper!
by BoundaryRider84
Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:41 pm
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes 4th test Boxing Day - Melbourne Discussion

it shows KP doesn't care about his stats

and

how could KP or anyone have any faith in the poms tail???
by mighty_tiger_79
Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:49 pm
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Jacques Kallis Retires

Kallis is an absolute gun, one of the best players ever. However, I am of the belief that is one of the cases when the numbers do lie. What I'm trying to say is who is the better batsman, Kallis or Viv Richards? Stats say Kallis, I would say Richards. Who was the better bowler, Kallis or Akram? Stats might say Kallis but I say Akram.

Kallis was just a freak. A solid player in all facets of the game who as a complete package has probably only been surpassed by Garfield Sobers. But best Crickter ever? I'd say Warne, Ponting, Richards, Tendulkar....but perhaps the stats lie. Kallis was remarkable, but more for the sheer will for the contest, the ability to grind out runs, wickets and catches. He was a cricket machine. I prefer my cricketers to play with a bit more flair. I'd like all of them in my side.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:55 pm
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes 4th test Boxing Day - Melbourne Discussion

A new Ashes helpline for the English Cricketers
1800-10-10-10

1800 won nothing won nothing won nothing
by mal
Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:34 pm
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes 5th Test Sydney Discussion (Pink Test)

Fair enough

If Cook was in blistering form we may have seen him do that but remember the bloke at the other end had hit more runs than him this series and got out less time to Johnson than Cook.

Slightly off topic but whenever I played and in particular captained a side I would never want a night watchmen as I always felt it was my responsibility as a opener to do just that and was therefore the best equipped to deal with it.

Seemed a tad strange England have gone to all this trouble to bat Bell at 3 and now his going to bat at 4 anyway

Got to take the run when it's on offer with a specialist batsman at the other end. No question.

I'm not a fan of night watchmen, mostly because I think it just burns a wicket that might be more handy late in the innings if someone's going well. I understand the logic though, but Anderson was the wrong bloke. Was as likely to get out first ball and force Bell to bat or break a rib as survive the day. If you're going to do it, send out Borthwick. He bats 3 for his county and is a far better chance of putting together an innings than Anderson, who will probably block for a bit before getting skittled for not many. Now the lad will bat 9 and if he does get going, had Broad and Rankin behind him. Broad has been rattled with the bat and Rankin (who couldn't bat to start with) may or may not be fully fit.
by Grahaml
Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:03 am
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes 5th Test Sydney Discussion (Pink Test)

Well done Haddin, called it out that he wasn't sure ... correct decision, too much doubt.
by dedja
Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:26 am
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes 5th Test Sydney Discussion (Pink Test)

I blame Cook's quick single and employing a night watchman.
by The Sleeping Giant
Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:55 pm
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes 5th Test Sydney Discussion (Pink Test)

Very knowledgable there TSG, not as good as whufc though ...
by dedja
Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:00 pm
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes 5th Test Sydney Discussion (Pink Test)

Patterson better new ball bowler
Siddle better change bowler
= Siddle keeps his spot
Even though I think Patterson is a better bowler and a better batsman
Hopes that makes sense

Speaking of Siddle
EG 7/111
Bengland 47*
Bairstow C George B Siddle 18
by mal
Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:59 pm
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes 5th Test Sydney Discussion (Pink Test)

I hope Bailey **** off and never comes back. He's just not up to it at Test level, this series has proven that.

Knew it wouldn't take long.
Wouldn't have mattered what he did, makes 100, everyone says 2nd innings tons mean nothing in a dead rubber test/series.
Its obvious he has been poor, but at least they gave him 10 innings to show something. It hasn't worked out, so he won't go to SOuth Africa and the search for a number 6 will continue. Only thing that may save him will be that no shield cricket is being played currently.
Im happy that we gave him a reasonable chance. We have been winning and he has got stuck into some of the weaker units in this English side.
You probably said the same thing about Rogers aswell.

I, like most people, expected much more from him. Agreed that he should have been given this series to prove himself, but I disagree that a ton wouldn't have been enough, Alas, it would have shown that he had the patience to build an innings in the longer format, and therefore some potential. In Bailey's favour, however, is that there is no other standout middle order batsman knocking down the door.

It is a shame that Shield cricket stops for a long period, as it doesn't give hopefuls a chance of staking their claims until after we've boarded the plane.

Yes, I was skeptical about Rogers when he returned to the side in England, but I soon shut my mouth when he scored his first ton. Two tons and three fifties in this series have proven that the decision to play him was a valid one. Tons are tons, no matter which innings they're scored in. I'm just happy that we've had blokes capable enough to score them in the second dig in order to set a good target.
by Failed Creation
Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:58 am
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes 5th Test Sydney Discussion (Pink Test)

Brodlach wrote:Lol at Stokes giving Johnson a send off
what a knob hey. The blokes got 33 wickets and your down 4 nil. And he still has to bowl to stokes
by the joker
Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:58 am
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Pink test, McGrath day, etc. Ok, we get it.
by The Sleeping Giant
Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:49 pm
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes 5th Test Sydney Discussion (Pink Test)

Normally im a big fan of Boof but reckon he has got it wrong with his criticism of the SCG pitch. Labelled it unfit for a test, im sick of roads being dished up in Australia and it was great to see a green top, who cares if it only goes 2-3 days. We will get similar served up to us in South Africa
by Jim05
Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:44 pm
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rumours and Player Movement Discussions for 2014

beenreal wrote:
DOC wrote:AFL teams not subject to the SANFL cap of 375K.


100% correct. At $400 per game for the SANFL players the salary cap is much lower


And when John Butcher spends the entire season with the Power reserves he takes up the entire salary cap that other clubs have to work to.
Must be a great player ;)
by daysofourlives
Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:33 pm
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

You obviously don't know WA all that well do you. An hour flight from perth airport is very well known for getting cyclones, and in fact they had one off the coast 2 weeks ago. While they don't frequent Perth that often there has been ones that have travelled down to perth. Like I said i'd take SA over WA any day.

http://www.bom.gov.au/cyclone/history/wa/perth.shtml an hour flight North of Perth isn't Perth, that'd be like calling Pt Augusta Adelaide
by Ian
Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:23 pm
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rumours and Player Movement Discussions for 2014

Port's business is all sanfl supporters business. The sanfl owns you.
by The Sleeping Giant
Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:28 pm
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic