Search found 5 matches

Return

Re: Adelaide Crows Reserves 2014

OK... I think North Melbourne has contributed towards screwing the VFL.

There you go... you must be happy now.

Having said that, it doesn't make the Crows seem any less like wankers.
Would have been happy if you just left it at the 1st line.
Are you saying North Melbourne are wankers as well, coz if not its hypocrisy.
not sure if its hypocrisy. People on here have the SANFL as our concern, mostly, not the VFL. I'm a Carlton man and saddened by how we've treated Preston-Northern Bullants-Northern Blues-Carlton in the VFL. My passion doesn't lie there though. My main concern is with the competition that I enjoy going to every week and the effect on Glenelg FC. Fair to say the locally based AFL franchises have royally screwed the over - with no small help from our president. :evil:

I imagine most in this forum would have similar views.
by puppet arms
Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Luke Ivens Retires

one of the opposition players I always rated highly. Just went about his business without any fuss. Fantastic player and would've loved him at the bay. A real shame injuries cut him off so close to 200.
by puppet arms
Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R u to b a member of ur favourite SANFL club in 2015?

I hate what has happened to the SANFL but will renew my membership, as will my wife and 3 kids, as we love going to watch the Bays, catch up with friends and enjoy the best standard footy outside of the AFL (which I don't enjoy watching anymore). I nearly pulled the pin due to the reserves debacle but in the end decided that I'll be damned if a bunch of corporate suits will ruin a great day out for me and my family.

I absolutely understand why a lot of people have walked away from it though. Watching us play AFL reserves teams is hard work, whether we win or lose.
by puppet arms
Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R u to b a member of ur favourite SANFL club in 2015?

I hate what has happened to the SANFL but will renew my membership, as will my wife and 3 kids, as we love going to watch the Bays, catch up with friends and enjoy the best standard footy outside of the AFL (which I don't enjoy watching anymore). I nearly pulled the pin due to the reserves debacle but in the end decided that I'll be damned if a bunch of corporate suits will ruin a great day out for me and my family.

I absolutely understand why a lot of people have walked away from it though. Watching us play AFL reserves teams is hard work, whether we win or lose.
solution, don't watch those games.
then I'd miss out on my weekly catch up with mates as well as a good family day, kicking the footy on the oval with my boys. I'd love to make a bold statement and turn my back on these teams but my 7 and 8 year old boys don't much care who we play. They just want to see their heroes play and cheer on the tigers. That's the deciding factor for me.

Everyone is free to make their own decisions based on their own circumstances. Just because I go to Glenelg versus Adelaide or Port Adelaide doesn't mean I support the reserves concept.
by puppet arms
Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: We have a voice ... apparently!

I replied and let them know my disgust via the "other" free form sections, unlikely to make any difference but got to take these opportunities

Me too Dutchy. At least 2 responses that we are aware of!
Me too. No point being upset that they don't listen to us and then say nothing when they ask. History suggests they won't change anything no matter what we say, but at least can say something
by puppet arms
Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |