Search found 57 matches

Return

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

By looking at sporting pulse,are TW going to be funny buggers again and not name a side in the informer again! and yet the league will still want people to buy it!!lets all not put a side in. :)
by magpieeagle
Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sam Rowland 9 premierships in a row,who could match that!!! well done to both sam/dawson on a great win
by magpieeagle
Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Clubs should be more worried about the changes to the points rule for 2014 by the SA FOOTY COMMUNITY BOARD at their next meeting in nov,it will be changed but to what no one is sure!! Maybe a follow up for you onsong.
by magpieeagle
Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Rama_Army09 wrote:joel mont returning home for christmas, will be huge $$$ thrown his way for a season back at his beloved hawks

You people need to stop dreaming of Joel mont,really,building a house in Adelaide,nearly engaged to a local farmers daughter,what else do you want,stop dreaming!!
by magpieeagle
Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So at this stage it appears there is more people leaving the APFL then joining. I am purely basing all of this on Forum "hear say" which is obviously all credible as it is on the Internet....

Don't discount some emerging talent coming out of the U17s. More exciting than the recycled hasbeens chasing farmers coin.

Where’s all that? Not much of a U17 comp here, maybe one full side this yr if we are lucky out of 7

Most A Grade teams could only accommodate 2 or 3 lads coming up per year, so the actual numbers in the U17's is not so important (other than development). There are some names to watch from the top ten vote getters last year. The rest probably need a bit more time or may not make it to A grade in any case.

NOT IMPORTANT, that's the whole problem with the league.bury the head in the sand,
by magpieeagle
Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Whittey association coach,
by magpieeagle
Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well done Mallalas Jamie Good, first A grade game
by magpieeagle
Thu May 29, 2014 11:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Happy 50th United,had some good times out there mid-late 90s, heres to other 50yrs, Great article on Howard, thanks producer.
by magpieeagle
Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Barossa & Light Cricket 2013/14.

Mallala CC AGM is next Friday night to see what direction we take this season regarding teams/players
by magpieeagle
Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Story this afternoon that Brad Wilson has been picked to play U18 at WWTFC this weekend at Noarlunga, following his dads footsteps.
by magpieeagle
Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hamley Bridge Football and Netball Clubs are holding a music festival 'Rock The Bridge' on the 14th February 2015. Hope to see you all there!
by magpieeagle
Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Love the Mallala U17 write up, he should do all the final write ups! Classic
by magpieeagle
Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well done to all the medal winners this year, I think the umpires got it about right in every grade, all worthy winners, now for the big week ahead, good luck picking winners,
Just one thing I was over hearing Saturday from a lot of other team supporter's was the big improvement of Hamleys junior colts and how they have all of a sudden improved near the end of the year, cant see what the problem is and good on them for making the big day unless I am missing something!!
I understand a few have been added mid season, although I don't have a problem with this.
If all done above board, whats their beef, good to see a side that has struggled for many years make a grand final
by magpieeagle
Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Barossa & Light Cricket 2014/15.

daysofourlives wrote:
magpieeagle wrote:Tarps are on all turfs I hope

With the wind around it wont help anyway, day at the pub for turf games

Looks like the rain going to fizz out anyway now, so no pub, play on
by magpieeagle
Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just a topic after yesterday’s unfortunate incident, but how many clubs really seriously be prepared for something like this, e.g. trained first aid, first aid/trainers kit, some may say what a stupid idea, but yesterday proves things can happen and some grounds can be up too 2hrs away for a ambo if one available, you can never say never in any sport. All the best to Phil Hughes
by magpieeagle
Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

AUSTRALIA PAYS TRIBUTE TO PHILLIP HUGHES

Cricket Australia would like to thank the cricket community and the Australian public for the overwhelming amount of love and support given to Phillip and the Hughes family through touching tributes.

CA recommends club (Grade/Premier and Community) and school cricket continues as scheduled this weekend though the decision to play is at the discretion of clubs, and has written to all clubs and schools encouraging them to honour Phillip and celebrate his contribution to the game.

Some of the tributes that cricket clubs/associations and school cricket teams may consider include:
- extending Junior retirement rules to enable kids to retire on 63* rather than 50*
- reducing two day games to 63 overs each rather than the usual number of overs each side would receive
- getting creative with writing his player number 408 on the outfield
- wearing a black arm band
- having 63 seconds of silence after the toss
- bringing both teams together after the match to spend a bit of extra time together
- wearing the number 408 on your sleeve or chest

The cricket family is invited to celebrate Phillip’s life and share your memories - http://cricketa.us/11WiLtO
by magpieeagle
Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Merry Xmas to you all
by magpieeagle
Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Mallala A1R Premiers
by magpieeagle
Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I see the B Grade didn't have many more!! Failure to register them?? Do they loose the points??
Don't think so. The mad rush to get players registered meant the Sportingpulse website crashed. So the league put in contingencies for the week to allow players to play who hadn't registered, as long as they submitted a hand written registration form to the league for the player following the match.
Crashed!! I think it exploded
by magpieeagle
Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well done Grant Wilmer on 350 games, I know how much you looooooooove your footy
by magpieeagle
Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hairy cat be happy with those weekend results!! As for the Balaklava coach, full marks for coming out with his condition and sincerely hope he gets all the help and support he can get, it’s not nice to have and if you haven't much idea of it shouldn't say anything at all, well done to him for speaking out.
by magpieeagle
Sat May 09, 2015 8:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Time for a 2015/16 page, to get into the big season ahead, not far off now
by magpieeagle
Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Lame Choice wrote:Would have had to have been a team effort not to poll one vote.

Yeah, I am baffled.

No comment on the voting system
by magpieeagle
Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm more so thinking of the administrative stuff, if you're involved in volunteering for a club, you're stuffed by the end of the season.

The season length is fine as it is. You get no real benefit out of playing an extra two minor round games.
Exactly onsong, easy said to arrange a season by people that drive in at 230 for 245 and drive out at 5, try helping your club two trainings a week from 5-830ish and then a Saturday from 8-6 week in/week out, easy to say don't do it but then you don't have a game to watch without Volunteers helping a club.
by magpieeagle
Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just reading NO ANGLE VALE in the APFL for 2016, -OS
by magpieeagle
Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

From the Producer:THIS is the guernsey Angle Vale Football Club could be running out in to compete in the Adelaide Plains Football League next year.
The Owls presented the draft design to the APFL delegates meeting this week, which was subsequently approved.
Club president, Trevor Spong, said the design was predominantly yellow to avoid a clash with United’s predominantly black strip.
The guernsey will be worn with white shorts and yellow socks.
Mr Spong said the design will be put to the club’s members for approval or any changes, before a final version is presented to the APFL for approval.
The senior side started training once a week about four weeks ago.
“It’s been good so far, we’ve had some good numbers out with some new players as well,” Mr Spong said.
by magpieeagle
Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BLCA 2015/2016

All the best today to Brad Wilson (Mallala A1r CC) who under goes a full rebuild of his ankle today after breaking it in two in a trial game with WWTFC Friday night, here's to a speedy recovery.
by magpieeagle
Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Good luck to Brad Wilson(Mallala/WWTFC forward) who undergoes surgery today to fully rebuild his ankle after breaking it in two during at footy trial with wwtfc Friday night, something I don't like hearing about no matter who the player is, here's to a speedy recovery.
by magpieeagle
Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BLCA 2015/2016

TRURO have signed stand-out county cricketer Ben Parish for their Cornwall League campaign this summer.

Parish (28) is a genuine all-rounder who bats in the top-order and bowls seam-up. He boasts a tremendous record at club level and has represented South Australian Country, both the Outbacks and the Country T20 side in SACA’s Premier League Competition.

He has been “Club Champion” for Freeling on three occasions (2007/08, 2008/09, 2013/14). He skippers the club and is one of the most prolific all-rounder’s in the Barossa and Light Cricket Association (A1 Grade).

He has scored 2,854 runs at 39.64 and taken 116 wickets at 16.45 over 81 first grade games for Freeling and his best season statistically came in 2013/14, taking an incredible 29 wickets at 8.97 with the rock (alongside 448 runs at 37.33).

Parish has been a reliable and consistent run scorer, with notable season tallies of 472 runs at 47.20 (2008/09), 530 runs at 48.18 (2011/12), 482 runs at 37.08 (2012/13), 448 runs at 37.33 (2013/14), 472 runs at 39.33) and 262 runs at 32.75 (alongside 11 wickets at 16.36) in the current 2015/16 season.

Courtesy of his club exploits, he has been a prominent member of the SA Country Outbacks, playing over 30 matches where again he has starred.

Parish will move to Truro this summer who narrowly missed out on securing top spot last season in the Cornwall Cricket League's Premier Division.
by magpieeagle
Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

ScubaSteve wrote:Anybody else see Angle Vale did not have a team up against Two Wells?

Eyesight must need testing!! Even named more Juniors than other clubs, FFS give the club time to find it's feet.
by magpieeagle
Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Every club has their results up on sportingpulse except Angle Vale. They special and don't have to straight away like the league demands?
Hope its the same comment when other clubs do the same like times last year, A lot of Lochiel games didn't see to Sunday morning, Just kick them out now and keep everyone happy.
by magpieeagle
Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Connor Fairlie's clearance to Mallala denied by South Adelaide.
Former U18 with West Adelaide and South, been playing ressies at the Panthers.
Won a Star Search award last year in the U18 comp. Magpies continuing to build their depth.
Are the pies running with or away from the cap
Pussy Cat, Go back to the Barossa will ya!!
by magpieeagle
Mon May 02, 2016 1:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Reading the Producer today and had a read of Harry Taylors comments regarding playing at Angle Vale. Didn't hold back much. :lol:
Can't say I disagree with any of it though after playing there the week before.
I think its great that he is able to put such honest feedback in print media and freely convey his opinion. Well done!

Can you get a link to the article
by magpieeagle
Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

apparently Alex Starling to Virginia.

Will make a great Point Guard for the Virginia Basketball Club, any new football club recruits?

Heard at the Angle Vale Tavern on Sunday that Will Minson was being touted as the Owls new ruck man any truth to this?
Announcing Virginia Rams Recruit - Alex Starling joining the Rams for 2017. Described as a phenomenal athlete I've never seen a bloke cover ground like him. I've never seen a guy run from centre half forward to the goal square as fast in my life stated Paul Roos.
Starling is 196cm, 93kg "phenomenon"
Welcome to the Rams.

Just for you smart computer mouth.
by magpieeagle
Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

14650587_10153704067286503_8329006682862097202_n.jpg
by magpieeagle
Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Congratulations Liam Whitwell on being appointed A grade coach of BSR.
by magpieeagle
Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

ROOBOY18 wrote:Draw is out and no ANZAC Day games I see.....

Don't say no just yet 8)
by magpieeagle
Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

On the Anzac Day subject.
(Nothing against the Mallala and united rivalry)
But I heard the other day that the riverland football league play there previous years grand finalist on anzac day. Would make it a exciting fixture for everyone in the league and everyone has a chance to play in it.
What would everyone else's thoughts be if this were to happen?
Nope-Mallala/United brought all this together as a rival game and share each year, is this a idea so other clubs can get a piece of the pie??? Was originally thought of because of servicemen from the district of Long Plains/Mallala that served.
by magpieeagle
Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

http://websites.sportstg.com/get_file.cgi?id=35688296
Please all have a read of SA Community Football League's Cybersafety Policy.
Adelaide Plains Football League will not tolerate commentary on any social media sites which brings the game, league, club or any players and/or officials into disrepute and if proven clubs will be sanctioned accordingly.

Lucky for you this is an anonymous site then i guess :D
John Good Head Trainer Mallala FC 8)
by magpieeagle
Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Congratulations to both the TW and Virginia clubs on their Premierships, TW thoroughly deserved their victory with their never say die attitude and desire , definitely worked out Mallala well, and matched up all over the ground , you can always say its a wasted yr in both grades, which is true to some point, but I believe the development and opportunities given to the younger players will hopefully benefit us in the future, Hearing of a few retirements but like every yr we will see, Did hear it was Lubcke final game and wish him well for the future, Umpiring I give a 7/10 , didn't do a bad job,Again Congratulations to TW/Virginia clubs_ Have a good summer.
by magpieeagle
Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Jason Earl announced coach of the Mallala FC for 2018.
by magpieeagle
Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

2018 program is out to view,GF-Longies
by magpieeagle
Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

How did both sides look on Anzac Day? Full squads playing? Didn't attend, too busy cleaning my shed looking for a esky to take away.
by magpieeagle
Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Thoughts with the Heaslip family and the Mallala Football Club after losing an absolute legendary kid in recent days.

We'll be sure to pay our respects this weekend at Balaklava. Max was a great lad, funny, cheeky and most of all, courageous. RIP young fella.
Well said OS- Totally still in shock, great inspiration and friendly to everyone he met, always up for a chat no matter what and loved his football,
by magpieeagle
Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lightning McQueen wrote:
OnSong wrote:I reckon NEFL has 3 and consensus is it's too many but will see this weekend.

Yeah mate, they do, possibly in the 2's and 17's too.

You got BJ, Angus and Will. D by the looks of it.

So still two umpires then :lol:
by magpieeagle
Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BLCA 2016-17

A total real positive for the association with the live cricket, have put plenty of people on to it from all parts of SA, great being anywhere and seeing what's happening, great for exposure.
by magpieeagle
Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bye Bye Burley, Hello Sherrin at last.
by magpieeagle
Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

How do you know Swampy that they have vastly improved from last year? Do you see them play regularly?
I’ve seen them twice a year for as long as I can remember and it’s the same old Bute to me and plenty of other YP club people that watched Saturday are saying the same. I’m not bagging them and hats off to them for having ago but if they played Southern Eagles, Pasky, Moonta, Crows etc last Saturday they would not have won.

It was only 2 years ago that they were getting smashed week in, week out - it was looking pretty dire for that footy club for a few years. For them to beat United last week, who I believe have a better list than they did last season, suggests to me that they have improved. Time will tell i guess.
At least they are playing and giving something for their supporters ,not like some clubs that threw it into the too hard basket.
by magpieeagle
Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

MALLALA PREMIERS 2020, and the winner of the after game fight between Virginia player(s) and spectators ,I'm not sure.
by magpieeagle
Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |