Search found 108 matches

Return

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

hotspur wrote:Do you have another agenda swamp?
What's happening at your club?

Not a real lot.... players and coaches are enjoying the off season by all reports.
by Swamp Donkey
Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Clubs should be more worried about the changes to the points rule for 2014 by the SA FOOTY COMMUNITY BOARD at their next meeting in nov,it will be changed but to what no one is sure!! Maybe a follow up for you onsong.
Yeah, I spoke to Rosser this week and he said changes will be known after a meeting at the end of October.
by OnSong
Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Time to dust off this baby:
by OnSong
Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

joel mont returning home for christmas, will be huge $$$ thrown his way for a season back at his beloved hawks

You people need to stop dreaming of Joel mont,really,building a house in Adelaide,nearly engaged to a local farmers daughter,what else do you want,stop dreaming!!
That post was in jest to get this kind of response. :lol:
by OnSong
Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lame Choice wrote:
hairy cat wrote:doesnt happen now or didnt happen then?

Now. When is 'then'?

more like it has NEVER happened
by mighty hounds
Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Barossa & Light Cricket 2013/14.

magpieeagle wrote:Any finals venues as yet? Or after this week’s games, have got netball trials to play

Yeah Mallala hosting an A3 semi final ;)
by daysofourlives
Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

its pretty rough that guys arent qualifying for finals just because of the weather.

They arnt qualifying because of the lack of commitment of some A Graders.
If these guys were averaging 2 and 3 respectively why were they left in the A grade for 10 weeks. The answer is they were most probably left there because of the unavailability of A Graders or late starters.
Dont blame the association and the rules, blame the commitment of the A grade players, it happens in every club every year.
by daysofourlives
Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A forum is a form of social media
by bennymacca
Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Looks like the finals venues are all done according to mycricket
A1- Angaston v GV @ Kapunda
Freeling v Kapunda @ Stockwell
A1R - Nuri v Lyndoch @ Sandy Creek
- Mallala v Tanunda @ Eudunda
A2- Centrals v Tanunda @ Nuri
- Sandy Creek v Angaston @ Tanunda
GF venues :
A1- Sandy Creek
A1R - Stockwell
A2 - Kapunda
A3 - Tanunda
A4 - Eudunda
A5 - Greenock
by Red Rocket
Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A3- LP v Lyn @ Greenock
- Kap v Gre @ Mallala
A4- Tan v Ang @ Nuri 2
- Lyn v Mal @ South Gawler
A5-GV v LP @ Freeling
- Mor v Eud @ Saddleworth

Other grades coming soon
by daysofourlives
Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

the joker wrote:
Mr Beefy wrote:
Useless wrote:united play freeling either this weekend or next weekend

According to their facebook page, Salisbury this week, Freeling the week after
what's their FB page name

ummm..United Football Club
by Mr Beefy
Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just a thought but maybe Hamley could think about putting some time and money into a junior program instead of self destructing in 1-2 years. Who runs that show?

How are clubs suppose to put time and money trying to promote and build juniors if there aren't any?
Kids are too interested in playing ps3, smoking weed and fingering girls which means footy or sport in general gets put on the back burner.
I know that we promote juniors to play senior footy wherever possible but the talent pool is so shallow that some of the junior coming through just aren't up to senior standard.

You mean. Promote your juniors so you can fit all your imports under the points allocation and then sit them on the bench for 3 and a half quarters?
by mighty hounds
Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A lot of whining and carry on for a trial, just seem to be the kind of guys that aren't good for a club.

and one longy bloke landed a blow on a freo blokes chin, with the freo bloke having to go to hospital like I said not ideal in a trial game.

I must have been at the wrong game.

The only thing I can think where someone would have a sore chin was when one of our guys had the ball and fended off a would be tackler, and probably got him high on the chin (2nd or last quarter can't remember), but umpire called playon. I remember thinking at the time that bloke might be a bit sore, but I certainly wouldn't call it "landing a blow" especially since he had the ball in hand. :?

Freeling played much better than us, just a shame you feel the need to rubbish us after what I thought was a game played in good spirits. Each to their own though.

You might be right, just seemed one bloke was quite feisty for a trial. Other than a few things yes was played in very good spirits.

But time will tell on the rest of it I suppose.

Was it that number 18? Plays up forward mainly........ absolute thug :roll:
by Swamp Donkey
Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Over rated scuffle much like a pillow fight !
by hairy cat
Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Who was out of mallala's side on Saturday?
The team didn't look to different?
Doesn't look to be a whole lot missing.

Rose didn't play for Two Wells either.

King, Griffiths, Matt Saunders, Troy Algar. Irrespective of the outs for Mallala, Two Wells completely outplayed them.

Mallala already making excuses. Seal X2??, no points left to accommodate 1 Seal which is why I believe they are at Jamestown. Two Wells had no Kahn Leighton, Nahthan Rose and Dylan Wise. Always a whinging bunch when they are rolled

Not sure what part of that post was whinging...... simply answering Kcco question Warrior and then praising TW for being far too good on the day.

Enjoy your time in the sun Warrior.... ;)
by Swamp Donkey
Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lame Choice wrote:oh - and the informer was fabo :D

It's about to get fabber. Is that even a word?
by OnSong
Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Word on the street onsong is d. Wise to head back to two wells, one things for certain for any side with outs that can hold it's own against Mallala, who has been the bench mark or this competition as far as I can remember, is a plus.
I know Mallala had their own outs, however mallalas depth over the past 5 years has always been good.
No team that gets the points at the end of the day is going to complain about the win no matter who the opposition had missing.
Again who is complaining?????????????????????????
Are you a spud.?? I said no team at the end of the day is going to complain, that isn't a reference to anyone in particular complaining.
Was simply saying two wells would be happy with the result regardless of any ins and outs as long as they got the points..... Geee wizz
by Kcco
Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

How did Thach get a game before Galbraith?

He can take my spot, I won't be playing in this rubbish tournament again.
The quicker the league accept that this format is s**t, the better off it'll be.
Players sacrifice their Saturday on a long weekend to play 2x40 minute games.
We play our first game, then do nothing but wait around and let our body seize up, then play our final game 2 hours later.
Spoke with an U23 player and he said he too enjoyed driving 2 hours to sit on a 5 man bench and play 25% game time (which in this tournament equates to playing 10 minutes per game and 20 minutes for the day).
Why don't the APFL do what most other leagues do and play a full 4 quarter game against another league?
by THACHY_7
Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The quicker the league accept that this format is s**t, the better off it'll be.
We play our first game, then do nothing but wait around and let our body seize up, then play our final game 2 hours later.
Spoke with an U23 player and he said he too enjoyed driving 2 hours to sit on a 5 man bench and play 25% game time (which in this tournament equates to playing 10 minutes per game and 20 minutes for the day).
Why don't the APFL do what most other leagues do and play a full 4 quarter game against another league?
Would it be better if it was strictly a senior carnival and the U17s play on the Sunday or at a different location on the Saturday?
by OnSong
Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If APFL play YPFL then have 2 games
17's followed by A grade.
Then North East can do the same against Nortern Areas somewhere else
And have 17's followed by A grade.
Then the 2 A grade winners of each game play off the following year

This is clearly the best format, It means the winner from the previous year gets a chance to defend its title each year, and the the challenger has to win the 3v4 playoff the previous year to earn their crack at the shield.

2 ways to go about it, either split venues like mentioned above, but that would make it hard for talent identification from SANFL teams etc.
Or with just having to play 4 normal length games, all could be still held at 1 venue, 2 full kids games first then 2 full Seniors games to finish.

But when associations are going to force players to play, the mickey mouse two halves concept has to go, thats half the reason players dont want to play!

And Im not sure on having to have so many U23's in each side, either they are good enough and the format warrants the BEST players from each league selected, or make it a flat U25's for blokes trying to make it to the next level. The ammos have a simialr concept witht heir state side being U23's only. What do they want from it, showcase the best or breeding ground for promotion, cant go half arsed on both!
by RooShootOhh
Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I also spoke to a young fella who actually loves representing his association (probably same bloke as you) but said the same as you, would much prefer to play 1 or 2 full games so then the coaches can have more impact with rotations instead of trying to fit them into such short games.. Personal thoughts cut the bench down to 3, make the games longer and that will allow more game time for all the people involved so then people don't think They have wasted there long weekend! Because at the end of the day everyone in the squad is good enough to be on the field just the game format doesn't allow for rotations
by Snags
Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If APFL play YPFL then have 2 games
17's followed by A grade.
Then North East can do the same against Nortern Areas somewhere else
And have 17's followed by A grade.
Then the 2 A grade winners of each game play off the following year

In the 90's it was like that with the 2 winners playing off on the Monday of the long weekend
I wouldn't want to play on Monday.
by OnSong
Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Disagree on your analysis pie crap game windy conditions didn't help
Harris very impressive.
Pies should've Won by 3 goal
Sounds like a squeal regarding the umps!

Clearly not impressed by United then Hairy Cat? After United lead by 7 goal at qtr time and the pies were down to one player on the bench early in the second qtr, you believe Pies should have won by 3? I thought the young pies showed plenty of character to work their way back into the match from 40+ points down. I do agree the pies had several opportunities in the last qtr to steal it, as did United who also hit the post from 10 m out and a kick after the siren that fell just short. I think both side would be lamenting the missed opportunities, as is always the case in a drawn match. Both sides still in the mix though, with plenty of positives to take out of the game.
by Swamp Donkey
Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

No personal attacks please. You have no right to tell anyone to be quiet.

Believe it or not, people that aren't in your gang know things you know.

He might be an almighty pest but he's been right on several occasions about many things and doesn't make things up to give us a good story.

ALthough reading back through this, alot of this story should probably be deleted.

I'm quite sure none of you would like to be the subject of such innuendo on a public forum.
by Footy Chick
Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Looking forward to the first A Grade night game this week. Nice advert in the Producer, although I'm not sure the Sherrin football is appropriate.
Makes me wonder also why they used a Sherrin ball on the landmark cup weekend.

Sherrins 100x better to kick!! Should bring them in our league permanently!!
by Snags
Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So lets have a bye in all 4 grades of football (plus minis) and 9 grades of netball so that 5 players can play in a who cares weekend! :roll:

Or you could do what the Western zone do on this weekend play their u/17 carnival instead of June allowing the Landmark cup for the A graders to be expanded beyond just a couple of token games spread throughout the day.....

Would make more sense. At least somebody would be playing footy.
by Mythical Creature
Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I reckon a lot of people would be happy with this week off, especially families being first weekend of school holidays etc. Having a break can be a good thing.

The only issue for me is that it is so close to Landmark Cup bye, and team with a club bye either side of those two weekends play hardly any football over a 6 week period.

Virginia and Two Wells had a bye either side of landmark cup so Virginia 3 games in 6 weeks, Two Wells only 2 games in 5 weeks.
Then Hamley and Balak have a bye either side of Zone champs for Hamley 2 games in 5 weeks Balak 3 games in 6 weeks.

Too stop start for teams trying to get momentum in the iddle half of the season etc...

The quicker they get rid of zone footy and put more emphasis on Association footy the better!

I fail to see the relevance in any of it unless it was association of origin.
The relevance of it is to add another level for country footballers to aspire to.
Association and Zone footy provide a stepping stone towards a higher level of footy, somewhere between the country A grade and SANFL reserve grade level, possibly higher.
For some, it will be the pinnacle of their football careers, for others, it's a chance to either go on and represent the state or better yet, get noticed by SANFL clubs.
Angus Bruggemann is a prime example, a lumbering, overweight and aggressive goat at Meningie (not my words Angus), turned it around in one season by stepping up at each level presented, ends up playing a key role at Port Adelaide the following year.
It doesn't mean much to some but I relish the opportunity to play with the best of the association and region.
It's enjoyable to line up alongside Joel Montgomerie, Caleb Howell, Ned Seccafien, Heath Pym, Ryan Appleton etc.
Maybe that's a purely selfish outlook on my part but I'll look back in years to come, when I'm too old to play, and have absolutely no regrets that I took every opportunity I could to play at a higher level, with some of the best players I've played against.
by OnSong
Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Peter Beard who the "Peter Beard" medal is named after is Travis' dad, Kory is a cousin
by jumponthebandwagon
Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Not sure if that was a deliberate act by the big fella or not. I didn't exactly see the event unfold but I've heard different stories by people from two wells saying it was and it wasn't.

What was the outcome? Injury/report??

Pontt knocked out concusion.
Report nil.

Couldn't have been that bad if Two Wells didn't lodge a report.

On a different note, and I hate talking about this because I realise our league is really struggling to get umpires, but.............I think we witnessed a poor umpiring performance on Saturday in the match between Mallala and Hamley, one umpire in particular was poor.
by Swamp Donkey
Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

No Hazbeen imagine putting your head over the pill and get watto and piss ant umpires go to water
by hairy cat
Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Mallala strong winners over Virginia in all grades, just one matter>why did the rams have a 12yr old kid boundary umpire on his own both A/Reserve grades, they must have older people somewhere able of doing it.

Isn't there a league rule that for A grade the boundary umps are supposed to be over a certain age to stop young kids doing it?

The whole boundary umpiring thing is a joke most weeks. You see people doing it bare-footed carrying a can of coke or kicking the ball with their mates near the boundary miles away from the play.
by Lightning McQueen
Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The league introduced the 'green shirt' boundary umpires a few years back to give young lads a pathway to field umpiring. It was jointly funded between the league and the participating clubs. By mid this year it was apparent that only one club was left involved and that the purpose was not being realised, so the program ceased.
Most clubs now roster preceding game players to do boundary on a volunteer basis. Problem arises if you start paying for boundary umpires, either the league provides them at cost (hard enough to provide field umpires), or the clubs pay for them (which comes from their coffers - either gate or bar profit etc.). There is a strong argument that if you start paying boundary umpires, what about the other volunteers - water boys, goal umpires, time keepers, interchange stewards.....

Boundary umpiring is a bloody tough gig. The club I used to be involved in through the SAAFL used to pay the boundary and goal umpires, the time keeper used to get a drink card, water boys and score board attendants used to get a kitchen voucher to get a pie, packet of chips and a drink or something similar.
the other volunteers used to get looked after at the end of season presentations with token gifts.

Which is great if the clubs are prepared to do this. Considering some player payment arrangements, it makes you wonder where the priorities lie.
by Lame Choice
Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Birchmore a lock for the starting 18 IMO. Best players aren't always the best guide IMO. Blokes like James Wildbore hardly ever get in the top 6 but rarely lose their position. Slok has also only cracked the BPs twice. Hard one to pick without internal knowledge I guess. I try to compile one for the paper each year. Here's last year's (attached). I might get the Informer statistician to put one together this season. Which by the way, no one is reading despite making several changes this year. Don't know what to do about that. Anyway....
by OnSong
Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hamley by 3 points.
A real arm wrestle between the teams. Hamley were about three goals up with 10 minutes to play. Mallala hit the front and Hamley fought back.
Mallala still without Earl, Montgomery, Cawrse. If they come back, that will sort out some serious mis matches today on Heberle and Thatch.

Umpiring was fairly average I thought :(

Great game at Hamley Bridge on the weekend. Hamley looked like they were going to run away with it a few times but Mallala just kept fighting back and almost pulled off last gasp victory.
It was a real shoot out and a great standard of footy.
If these 2 sides meet again in the grand final surely they have played each other enough times to realise who needs to be stopped.
Mallala need to stop Duncan, Stribling, Thach and Heberle
Hamley need to stop Montgomery, Clement, Harris and Parish

Take a breath......Mallala need to stop Balaklava first!
by Swamp Donkey
Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

No! There wasn't. Realised that Wednesday morning. Felt ill. Ack.
by OnSong
Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Barossa & Light Cricket 2014/15.

bennymacca wrote:still no Light Pass in the A2s?

Id rather have the bye ;)
by daysofourlives
Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

was great having live scores on sporting pulse today, all leagues should do this. well done APFL.
by daysofourlives
Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Congratulations to cheeky seccafien announced as two wells A grade coach for 2015! Great replacement for mark Thomson who retired
by Snags
Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

grasshopper22 wrote:Heard a couple of Hamleys big name recruits may be on the move after only a short stint in the APFL???

Heard Dowdell, Stribling and Duncan had all met with WWT Eagles.
by OnSong
Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Heard a couple of Hamleys big name recruits may be on the move after only a short stint in the APFL???
Heard Dowdell, Stribling and Duncan had all met with WWT Eagles.

I heard they signed in the hills league befor the season had finished
Hey Snags, Heard at a footy training over the holidays that Wise could be on the move to Gawler Sth, don't think he would, too much a Rooster boy, Gee I love off season!

Nah no truth in that. He would never leave two wells unless it was to play at a sanfl club. But from what I have heard that won't be happening and he has fully committed to two wells for 2015
by Snags
Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Tough to dominate week in week out when your team only wins 3 games for the year and realistically. Bet if he played at HB this year people would have different opinions
by swingman
Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

countryfootyfan wrote:Parish from Mallala to Ardrossan? Any truth there??

I heard they are working through a trade at the moment. There are a few sticking points. Mallala want draft picks, Ardrossan want to part ways with players.
by Swamp Donkey
Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Kirk heberle finished as coach after 1 year . One would think after winning the flag he would continue as coach. The star players have moved on and it would be a good chance to test his coaching out. Maybe he doubts his coaching ability and just had the cattle last season. Or is it that newtron has moved on and the money is not there . Can any one fill me in on his decision to finish up. :D
Maybe a bloke who left for more money the year before is trying to get him to go and coach his new side... :D
Wowwww that bait was taken real quick hahaha
by Nocyrils
Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Barossa & Light Cricket 2014/15.

magpieeagle wrote:Hows the ovals looking this morning, Mallala under water.

The pubs around the region will be pouring ales by 2pm
by BoundaryRider84
Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lame Choice wrote:Heard the 6'6" bar man at Pie land heading for Ardrossan. I guess you could call him a Pie Floater :lol:

Clearly mis-information Lame Choice, I'm almost 100% certain he is 6'7"
by Swamp Donkey
Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Don't get around Mallala FC much anymore but hearing of more movements via the good old IGA telegraph talk, like to know who?? Angus Bugg of to Sturt
Yeah I seen on the SANFL website today that he just signed with the double blues.... Whether this has anything to do with not getting picked up in the national and rookie draft this year would be interesting to know?

Lol no afl club in there right mind would pick him up. There was also no talk about any club being interested in him, so why would that be the reason. Probably the fact the power now have Ryder. Meaning redden will most likely spend the year rucking for the magpies. Not to mention they also drafted another ruckman and key forward. So really there isn't much room for him at the magpies now.
by swingman
Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Parish gone from Mallala A grade. Playing senior colts for Mallala. There. Everybody's right.
by OnSong
Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Adelaide Plains Football League

Pumpa has to stay at mallala so freeling can keep the Monty's for cricket.
Pretty sure that's the deal they have in place ;)
by jakovasaurus
Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What about an eagles underage country vs city as a warm up to the port vs cows?
by Hazbeen
Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |