Search found 15 matches

Return

Re: Hypotheticals

Wedgie wrote:Give me 100k let alone 1 mill and I'd leave Australia forever!

Shall we start passing around the hat? ;)
by Armytank
Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Central Division

The best thing for country div is for Lofty to go down I would have thought
by Armytank
Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This is the start of the new season. It started the day after the GF. Leaving these issues until after the next calendar year is too late . If you're on a committee you would know this & if you are on a committee & haven't started planning for next year you are way behind.

NO KIDDING - PERHAPS PEOPLE ARE SAYING THAT THIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN SORTED OUT LAST YEAR

OH WAIT THIS HAPPENED WHEN BIRDWOOD WERE FORCED DOWN AND ALL THE CLUBS GOT TO VOTE ON IT THEN

ROUND AND ROUND AND ROUND WE GO - SAME SHIT EVERY COUPLE OF YEARS......................
So it should never be discussed again then if it was voted on 4 years ago. Excellent coz the capping issue was voted on this year so we won't have to hear that sh!t talked about again. That is definitely an issue that goes round & round.

It only goes round and round because it is allowed to by dealing with it late when people are emotional and with an air of elitism.

Of course some issues are continuous and need constant attention. But this is bandaid stuff. Constant attention should be applied rationally, not reactionary.

Everyone knew the state of play round 1 2013.

Now that is doesn't suit some people, we are asked to quickly change to rules.

Just plain arrogant and ignorant.
by Armytank
Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sando wields axe

perhaps all of the SANFL clubs can provide "top up" club support staff on a rotation type basis? Can only do them good to be working with the proffesionals within the AFL clubs.....
by Armytank
Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes First Test Live Discussion

Aussies win the toss and Bat.

Prior and Tremlett to play
by Armytank
Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2013 Draft November 21

Squids wrote:Carlton please draft

MIDFIELDERS
KEY FORWARDS
KEY DEFENDERS

just generally footballers then?
by Armytank
Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

That is just it isn't it

I can't believe some people are defending the board on this
Not defending them on the Echunga backflip.
A lot of posters blamed the Board for listening to Lofty's proposal which is wrong, the board have a duty to listen to any proposal, so will defend them for that.
Will also defend them for having 2 SGM's because it was actually Uraidla that adjourned the 1st one, NOT the board.
Lofty apparently put up 3 different proposals & the board reduced that to just the one.
Will also defend clubs against lies & bullsh!t posted on here & the guesswork (based on more guesswork, chinese whispers & "bar piss talk") on which way they voted.

Fair enough. You seem to know a little more than most. Can I suggest getting the correct info out early would stop a lot of guess work, and "bar piss talk"? This is a forum which a lot of people in the hills read. Get the info out there early instead of putting fires out later.

Can I also suggest that it is a little more than guess work, as people have had a lot of comunication between the clubs regarding this, so it is not all bullsh!t.

And while you have corrected the record regarding Onkas and the way they voted, it does not mean that there is still a protectionist view from the other clubs that voted yes.

Not only that, but prior to the commencement of the first SGM, it is in the best interests of the HFL and in fact the boards role to ensure that "all of the ducks are in a row" with regards to the proposal, so we don't have the farsical situation of an adjournment. You are correct to say that it is the boards role to listen to any proposal put forward, but they are not there to be an "agony aunt" or a social service.
by Armytank
Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Thank you LGIL - history repeating people?
by Armytank
Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Finals - week # 3.

I just wish swallow had of gone through with what he was going to do when Harvey approached

would have been quite funny to see team-mates knock eachother out

I agree, what the hell was Swallow doing?

I have no issue with what Harvey did, other than it was stretching the distance from the ball. He wanted to stop Selwood running further forward. If he just stood infront of him it would have looked soft.

Bloody hell, how is a bloke supposed to impose himself physically on the game anymore?

After watching that vision I would be giving Swallow two weeks for a pi$$ poor attempt at striking
by Armytank
Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Finals - week # 3.

From a report on AFL.com

"..Represented by Will Houghton QC, Harvey told the Tribunal he laid a block on Selwood because the team had been focused on stopping the star Cat from receiving follow-up possessions after he had disposed of the ball..."

For which he needed to jump in the air to collect him??
:-J

I have no issue with jumping in the air. If you are going to bump someone running at you, you need to jump at them or you will be the one being cleaned up.

It is not like Harvey split him open with a blind shirt front.

Maybe Selwood should wear a helmet to stop his head from bleeding if he is worried about how much time he spends off of the field being patched up. The only reason this went to the MRP is because Selwood got the blood rule.

No Blood = no suspension
by Armytank
Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tippett + Buddy = No flag

we had one good week in 4 and people are surprised we got pantsed in gthe GF?

We got beaten by Richmonf FFS, scraped over the line in a crappy game against Freo, had a week off then pumped the Kangaroos.

The two of them together have shown they are unstoppable when on, but we only really had 3 or 4 that could say they gave a decent performance Saturday.

It is not doom and gloom just yet.
by Armytank
Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port 2014 - Pre-Season/General Discussion

gossipgirl = troll

I doubt she is even a girl
by Armytank
Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So its OK for Echunga to take their battle to the supreme court, but as soon as TV go to the CFL all hell breaks loose?

Echunga were seeking correct adjudication of a rule, TV are seen to be seeking an unfair advantage
Bullish!t. Echunga were seeking changing an interpretation of a rule on a technicality. They & everyone else knew how it had been interpreted for years regardless of if it was poorly written. Ironically Echunga were the only club to speak out AGAINST having finals counted towards APPS points but we're the only ones who wanted them counted towards the relegation table.

I will have to call you out on that. Echunga wanted the rule to be interperated as it was written.

I don't believe Echunga were right in the manner that the conducted themselves, but they have always been right in the way the by-law was written. It should never have gone to court and who ever thought that the HFL would win obviously doesn't understand contract law.

This kind of crap has been going on in motorsport for decades. It is completely ignorant to think that the "vibe" of a rule or "everyones understanding" is king.
by Armytank
Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Division 1 (Central)

Their - possession, belonging to

There - location

They're - they are
by Armytank
Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Division 1 (Central)

This permit thing is out of hand. And whilst on the surface I dont agree with what has been allowed with the Onkas player - to put up a statement like Ironbank have publicly on their facebook page is far from acceptable, I dont care what the circumstances or how grieved they are. By doing this they have brought THEIR league into disrepute. Of course they will argue that the HFL did this first, but follow the appropriate protocols and escalation process within the HFL and the CFL. Yes it is clear that the HFL appear to have an issue here..but playing it out in public doesnt help anyone. Call a meeting and seek direction and clarity and ask for a please explain? It does tend to otherwise face the risk of sour grapes - which Im sure its not but some would form that opinion.

You are right, from the outside I can see how this would appear to be sour grapes.

I actually feel bad for the young Onkas fella who only wants to play football.

But this is about the rules that every club has written and voted for, and then voted for people to sit on the HFL Board to administer them.

I believe Ironbank sought direction and clarity and asked for a please explain. If I gave you the answer that was given you would be speechless.

I believe the appropriate protocols and escalation process was followed by Ironbank.

This resulted in the HFL President resigning. Without any further comment, the rest would have been swept under the carpet and no one would know the reasons for the resignation. Craig Stratfold is at least owed the truth to come out for his reason for resigning. And if someone doesn't say why and not show support for him, nothing will change.
by Armytank
Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |