Search found 12 matches

Return

Re: AFL feels need to emphasise risks of ducking

LMAO. The AFL changes a rule that didn't need to be changed in the first place and then needs to hold a summit to figure out how to put things back to they were in the first place.

Here's an idea you tards STOP ******* WITH THE RULES and leave the game alone.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes First Test Live Discussion

He has struggled for form for a while now so I dont think it has been caused by sledging or this test and it sounds like it is something he has had to deal with for a while.

People with a mental illness/depression are a day to day prospect. One day they can be happy and in good spirits and the next in a very bad place. I dont think it should dismissed and if he suffers from something like this I feel for him. People calling him "soft cock" and the like have no idea how badly people can be effected and in such a short time. His health is more important than a game of cricket.

i wish all him the best
by Brodlach
Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes First Test Live Discussion

Andy Flower said he has dealt with with for quite a while

Which most likely true but unfortunately the general public are going to see a bloke who has walked away at 1-0 down, when out of form, discovered weakness of the short pitch stuff, on quick bouncier wickets than his use to.

I'm not.
I'm seeing a player with a predisposed condition, like a hamstring, who thought he could manage a situation with the support of his team management but, unfortunately, was unable to.
by Dogwatcher
Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:why they catch and kill sharks that attack surfers

surely when us humans enter the ocean where sharks live we do so at our own risk........

Good call. If they stay out of my bar I'll stay the **** out of their ocean.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Tech1 wrote:Question for you guys what would you be happy with?

The compete removal of foreign garbage teams from Our Competition.
by Pseudo
Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Central Division

With all due respect, the make-up at the time of the SFL is similar to what the Hills FL is now with Sedan-Cambrai & Milang the only genuine country teams left.

The Hills region is as much Adelaide metro as areas like Aldinga and McLaren Flat were at the time I was referring to (remembering also Kangarilla & Meadows were part of the equation). Hills is effectively a Metro league these days, with a few outlying towns.

It is certainly the most comparable recent example and a lot of lessons can be taken from it.

Thanks for the geography lesson - I'm sure the good folk of Macclesfield, Meadows, Kersbrook, Sedan, Milang, Mt Torrens, Mt Pleasant, Birdwood and Gumeracha will be pleased to know they're now in the metropolitan area.

Point remains the same, the smaller clubs will have no option but to consider a merging, or sign up for the C grade comp.

Maccy, Meadows, Mt Torrens & Birdwood are all similar distances from the CBD as Aldinga & Gawler
Kersbrook and Gumeracha are closer
I talked about Sedan & Milang as being genuine country
When was the last time Mount Pleasant was used, isn't Torrens Valley based at Mount Torrens?

Dismiss the points I have made if you really believe SFL was a fully metropolitan league in the late nineties, even one of your "country" teams you mentioned above (Meadows) was playing in that Metropolitan league at that time.

The relevant experience I was trying to get across was:
Up until the mid 90s the SFL Div2 comp was quite competitive. In 1995 Mitchell Park joined Div1 making it 11 teams in Div1 & 8 in Div2 (similar to what is being suggested for next season in hills). 1997 went crazy, Brighton joined Div1 and entered their C & D grade in the Div2 comp (made a 12-9 split). Coming from the Amateurs they had underestimated the strength of Div2 and there were a number of record scores against them. The Div2 was also starting to see a divide with some reasonably strong teams and some very weak teams. A number of very high margins were occurring at that stage.
The decline progressed in 1998 when McLaren Vale and McLaren Flat merged making a 12-8 split. Meadows went the season without a win and left at the end of the season making it a 12-7 split. The second division by this stage was a very unattractive proposition for the lower Div1 clubs with 3 strong teams (Kangarilla, Aldinga, McLaren), 2 half competitive teams (Lonsdale & Mitchell Park) and 2 very weak teams (Cove & Brighton thirds).
In 2000 the Brighton experiment was brought to a halt (after a number of 40 goal losses), being left with only 6 teams and McLaren wanting out, the league pushed two sides down to balance it better making it 10-8, the damage had been done however.
Mitchell Park and McLaren left at the end of the season reducing it to a 6 team competition. This lasted one season until it was determined to be unviable (4 team U/18 comp, 5 team U/16 & U/14 comps). At the end of the 2001 season, the two divisions were combined to form one 16 team competition (based on the AFL at that time). As a result of this the Lonsdale & O'Sullivan Beach teams merged to make it 15 teams.

Of the 6 teams of that final Div2 season, 2 have become strong clubs (Cove & Flagstaff Hill), 1 left (Kangarilla) and the other two have struggled (Aldinga & the combined OSB/Lonsdale team).

The Saturday juniors have been impacted severely as the Div2 comp traditionally failed to match the junior structure of Div1. This season has seen it hit a low with only 10 teams fielded in the U/16 & U/14 competitions and down to only 8 clubs fielding a full set of teams in their own right in all the 5 Saturday grades.
by Look Good In Leather
Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NAFC major sponsor

is it any possibility that you can fix the loo where it blocks up and overflows fixed,

it was the loo where we first met wedgie

or was it Bangladesh..?

Memories of Rooser Land
And I always thought "Dog_ger" was something to do with who you barracked for, not what you did in your spare time. :)
this is the very reason why I gave up dropping trips.
by CENTURION
Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Country Division

A lot of negative talk on the HFL Central forum in relation to the HFL Country competition and how bad it would be to have to compete in it . The standard may not be as good as Central ( for a variety of reasons ) but the competition is no less competitive or important to the clubs and towns involved. Try telling the James's at Kersbrook, the Jaensch's at Nairne, the Dawes's at Meadows or the Schutz's at Birdwood that their clubs are second rate and their tradition and achievements in the past don't stand for as much as they would if they were in Central.
A get a little tired hearing how good everything is in Central. Kangarilla's, Nairne's, Maccesfield's and Kersbrook's facilities would match anything in the Central Division and the others are no worse than Mt Barkers, Torrens Valleys, Bridgewaters or Ironbanks. I'm confident that Fielke and James's coaching CV's stand up against 90% of the Central Division coaches and I can see no reason why players in the Country Division would not adapt very quickly to Central and be more than useful contributors to most teams.
No matter what happens with the HFL the Country Division will again have great games, a close contest for the whole year and heaps of interest in it. The Nairne v Meadows Anzac Day Game is a great day, the Kersbrook / Birdwood / Gumeracha rivalries goes back years and is always competitive and the fight for finals was intense last year coming down to the last round or two to decide the double chance and fifth spot.
I hope whilst all this talk is going on about Central and what needs to be done to be fair to all Central Division clubs doesn't result in the welfare of the Country Division Clubs and the importance of the Country Division competition being ignored and not respected.
by scratcher
Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 6 - 2015

Of course, and as I said, I am assuming this ruling for Ingle Farm is related to their official club social media accounts, not private individuals.

Actually, this ruling is for all clubs on any social media platforms, like this one for instance.

Including Mitchell Park 8)

Geddit? ;) Oh for goodness sake. I can't believe this is even an argument or that people are trying to defend it.

The SAAFL cannot punish a club for the content of an individual's social media. It's that simple.

Just like my employer and football club has no responsibility if I get a speeding fine, or punch someone, or break any other number of innumerate policies, rules and laws in my own time - UNLESS I am acting on behalf of my employer or organisation.

Think about it for second - they're effectively saying the Football Club is responsible for their players private lives, at all times, under all circumstances.

What they should have said:

1. Any registered Ingle Farm player which brings the SAAFL into disrepute by posting on Social Media will be deregistered by the Executive Committee at their discretion.

2. Any Social Media content which is administered by the club that brings the SAAFL into disrepute will result in a loss of points for all teams.

Anyway. back to footy. As clearly that's more interesting.

There are a lot of (older) league officials across a number of leagues in SA who have a very negative opinion of this site. I have heard a number openly declare their disgust that their decisions are questioned on the various forums here.

They do not realise the gift they have been given in this era. All the heresay and rumour that used to be discussed and spread at the bar, or workplaces is now communicated here, and often corrected promptly. The officials have a method to monitor what is being said, what is the perception out in the community, and act or respond accordingly.

Instead it (social media) is being viewed as an evil that must be restrained.
by Look Good In Leather
Thu May 21, 2015 12:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

SANFL Ladders & Statistics - Round 8

SANFL Ladders & Statistics - Round 8
by scott
Sun May 31, 2015 5:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R9 - Glenelg v North @ Gliderol Stadium (Mon 8/6)

What idiot at the SANFL decided to schedule a game on a Monday afternoon?

Only two men and a dog will be able to turn up on a Monday afternoon.

These clowns do know people work for a living?

It's a Public Holiday so people should show up - I'd say they'll get 2,000 - 2,500 attendees...

These 2 sides have traditionally played on the Queen's Birthday Monday for a while now, haven't they?

I'm lokoing forward to seeing one of these two sides notch up an all-important win ...

Sun will fall from the sky half way through the last, scores level.
by Booney
Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Division 1 (Central)

Yes there is a story in the courier as i have just read it. Really not explaining things but McNabb says he was always going to step down at the end of the season, he is also displeased with things that are written about him on the forum and is potentially seeking legal advice.

Being not happy about something being written on a forum and something on a forum being libellous are two different things :oops:
by Esteban Vihaio
Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |