Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL division 5 2014

I believe you still owe us a nudie run for that one
by Footy Chick
Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

That sounds like it's worth more than your excess, better claim it on insurance ;)
by Footy Chick
Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 4 2014

It will pour with rain that day.

I'm almost willing to put my unfinished house on it.
by Footy Chick
Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 4 2014

I think what he's trying to say is that someone else has been offered that position for 2014....

*cough*groover*cough*
by Footy Chick
Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL division 6 2014

Looking at those last two posts, it's fair to say that neither of you have been missed over the summer. :roll:
by Footy Chick
Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hogg Division VI 2014

If I get beaten by an 8 year old I quit :oops:
by Footy Chick
Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Scams

FOr those that have been around long enough, do you remember the scam we pulled on a scammer, with thanks to @Dogwatcher?

That was a belter! :lol:
by Footy Chick
Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

That's not nice Boon

It's ok Scoob, we think you're a beater too ;)
by Footy Chick
Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

Can you keep your alien bullshit in your stupid alien thread.

Please .
by Footy Chick
Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 3 2014

Phantom Gossiper wrote:I like ice cream :)

by Footy Chick
Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 1 2014

nah, don't listen to MMM anymore and if that's where you heard it, maybe it's not true then :lol:
by Footy Chick
Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

wristwatcher wrote:Dentists

$302 for one hour this morning and a $3,000 dental plan for 2014 to ensure I'm saving for **** all this year.

by Footy Chick
Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

he reminds me of the manamana guy.
by Footy Chick
Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Sleeping Giant wrote:Footy Chick. Been posting since the dawn of man. If you and Squids are up there it's a fair lot of bullshit your posting.

Edited for accuracy ;)
by Footy Chick
Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Looks like the gaza turnaround is complete with at least 8 returning that had left over the past 2-3 seaons.
not sure if it's written on here (can't be bothered looming for it) but did anyone else hear on the rush hour that leon davis will be at gaza this year?

Its at the top of this page

Woodublieve12 that right there is the epitome of laziness :lol:
by Footy Chick
Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

The Sleeping Giant wrote:It's not that silly if the roads were improved.

and that'll never happen...
by Footy Chick
Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Diary of some pregnant blokes

He refers to all of us as internet dates :lol:
by Footy Chick
Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 3 2014

A question I would ask Kilburn:

How have you worked with the AFL or Auskick to encourage these folk to try our great game. Areas of Sydney have whole teams of muslim women playing the game.

If a non AFL state can attract that type of competition from women, no less, who in any other life wouldn't even be allowed out of the house, how is it that Kilburn haven't been able to do the same with people that in theory, would be a great pick up in anyones side for height and pace.

A magnificent example of this is the young lad from Woody South - Ramah Ahmed - the kid is a great player and I think only about 19?
by Footy Chick
Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I know she's preggers, but no need to call Loz "wide" just yet ;)
by Footy Chick
Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ive seen first hand how hard the off field folk work for the Mitchell Park FC - Its people like Ken and the Weekleys that I really feel for here and you know that this isn't a matter of how the club is run but just simply a lack of commitment from those on -field.

Congratulations on the juniors Yank Man and hopefully whatever woes you have player wise this year can be made up for in years to come.
by Footy Chick
Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

scoob wrote:Where has footy chick gone?

Too busy emailing your missus to let her know you outsource your head jobs.
by Footy Chick
Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

woodublieve12 wrote:Good to see Mitchell Park having a red hot crack at staying up...

That is good - but lets face it, where else where they going to go 3 weeks out from round 1? ;)
by Footy Chick
Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: River Murray Football League talk

a massive thank you to the good folk out at Meningie for their hospitality and of course the game today. That's one beautiful looking oval you've got there!
by Footy Chick
Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Chronicles of Carey

You'd hire a house somewhere like at Wallaroo or somewhere around there, BYO and just go nuts for a couple of nights.
by Footy Chick
Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

it's not if you're being a wanker...Just sayin ;)

:YMHUG:
by Footy Chick
Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

At the risk of sounding like Methuselah - most of todays music sucks.

Todays music is so unoriginal that they need to mash it up with old songs for it to sound any good - and even then they slaughter it.
by Footy Chick
Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

or no one wanted the tickets :lol:
by Footy Chick
Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

From an email sent to clubs today:

Both Mitchell Park and Flinders University have experienced a mass exodus of players & or retirements with both clubs going from 3 teams each in 2013 to 1 team each in 2014. Both clubs are in the process of establishing a Memorandum of Understanding which will see them join forces with the Mitchell Park FC competing in the Division 6 and Flinders University in 6 Reserves. Players will be selected on merit and will interchange from one side to the other just as other clubs do from A to B grade and vica verca. Given the late notice, the Division 6 Reserves team will still wear the FUFC uniform to honour sponsorship agreements written before today.
by Footy Chick
Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Clubs in strife

The amount of clubs struggling this year is absolutely unprecedented and quite honestly, bizarre.

Upon looking at the face of these clubs troubles, there doesn't even seem to be a common theme throughout as to why it's happening:

As we know it:

Angle Vale : A club that's on a 3 way border with APFL, BLG and SAAFL. Therefore if the country leagues aren't offering them $$, there's also the opportunity for them to go to one of another 5 odd clubs within a drop punt away (Smiffies, Units, EP, Lizbeff, even Salisbury North I guess) Great junior program but still a way from producing enough seniors out of it, if they don't end up at any of the above first.

Flinders Uni -Now with current students consisting of an increasing number of international students who have no interest in footy. Well within SFL boundaries and not far from GSFL, and which student is going to say no to a few $$? so most are going to go and play with mates in other leagues, especially if they never actually went to the Uni.

Mitchell Park – again, border SFL but they did have a lot of older blokes playing – again, juniors not established enough to provide any new blood yet and squished between a number of clubs in higher grades (Plympton, Kenilworth etc) Couldn't pinpoint to bad management, Some Div 1 clubs aren't run as professionally as this joint.

Kilburn – Now in an area essentially full of refugees as opposed to the hardened railway workers of years past. no juniors, and having to essentially buy teams, only for players to go back to their old clubs for the same/more money, despite having one of the best training/clubroom set ups in the league.

Brahma Lodge – only 2 or 3 junior teams that wont produce any seniors for at least 5 years and have had to fight for players with Salisbury, barely a Km away, then SW, Para Hills and the Mozzies all within sneezing distance. Stripped of their A grade side with chunks of players being offered more $$ in other leagues and the majority of EP blokes going back to EP.

Then there are normally strong clubs like TTG, Broadview and Flinders Park, Athelstone who have reduced their number of teams.

If anyone from the above clubs would like to add their take, please do - it's easy for the keyboard warriors to take a crack but clearly we have a problem here.

Are people just not playing footy anymore?
I'm not familiar with the country leagues - are they getting stronger because of their ability to pull in players with $$? or are they simply offering the big $$ to one better player and pulling their mates in with them?
Are some areas over-saturated with clubs?

Let the mass debate* begin 8)
by Footy Chick
Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Clubs in strife

So with all this talk of how unfair the junior comps are, do we bring back the proposition of the SAAFL running juniors too? ;)
by Footy Chick
Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you don't understand

because the Australian legal system for the best part, is a farce.
by Footy Chick
Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

whufc wrote:[The old days of Centrals being rubbish

Aahhh, I remember those days with such fondness ;) :lol:
by Footy Chick
Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

wankers that don't dip their high beams when they drive past you
by Footy Chick
Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 7 2014

also saw M.Taylor transfer from Elizabeth too.
by Footy Chick
Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Junior Football

This is why kids these days are spoiled little brats - they never learned the benefits of winning and losing.

by Footy Chick
Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL division 5 2014

HH3 wrote:No. 9 I think. Wasn't a big one, fair, play on and he got straight up.

No.9? Playing A's HH3? Isn't that Daniel Reardon? :lol: :lol:
by Footy Chick
Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

No 15's eh? Just blame Mawson Lakes ;) :lol:
by Footy Chick
Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 7 2014

marbles wrote:would FP smash wingfield?

Would Superman smash Mighty Mouse?
by Footy Chick
Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I witnessed two absolutely awful decisions that were in my opinion clearly CHEATING

1. 3rd quarter Ingle Farms George Long as running back towards the goal chasing the ball, about 2 metres in front of his opponent punches the ball through the goal.. Given a goal..

2. 4th quarter when it was tight, Ingle Farms Nathan Stacey crumbs a ball, wheels around and snaps for a goal.. Called touched.. Worse still reasoning "it was touched off himself" :/

Crucial decisions at crucial stages that could well have impacted on the game

I'll pull this up NOW

If ANYONE has a problem with an umpire, your club has plenty of opportunity to report it to the league without coming on here and claiming cheat.

Makes you and your club look like poor losers (or in this case, winners) and if it's club umpires, only starts pointless arguments.

I'm sure any of you would go spare if someone blatantly called you a cheat without the right of reply.

Feel free at anytime to mention that there may have been some questionable decisions that you didn't agree with ;) it means exactly the same thing 8)
by Footy Chick
Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Celebrity Casualties

Peaches Geldof dead at 25. cause of death is unknown. although I'll bet the apple..err..peach doesn't fall far from the tree.

edit- D'OH!
by Footy Chick
Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: You know you're nearing 40 in Adelaide, when you remembe

We should go on a campaign to find the kid holding that pack of chips on the bus in the top KESAB ad - our own "where are they now" segment 8)
by Footy Chick
Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Its his opinion LM and he can't be begrudged it (and I'd bet my house that it's not only his opinion either)

Every team has their reasons for doing what they're doing because they validly believe the decision they've made will keep their club alive.

Kilburn believe that going down will kill their club.

Brahma believed the opposite.

Perhaps everyone should be saving their praise or condemnation until we find out which one worked
by Footy Chick
Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I have no private and no pain threshold.

So you can probably pick my answer :lol:
by Footy Chick
Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well I didn't. I'd be lying if I didn't say it was a small factor in why I gave up playing at the age of 23....
Should've worked harder and pushed into the B grade then ;) :lol:

I like PNU's setup for triple headers - they play the C grade after the A grade in the evening

Our C graders would never stand for having to remain sober for so long on a Saturday :lol: ;)
by Footy Chick
Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Flash Poll - Which grade do you think Kilburn should be

woodublieve12 wrote:
Look Good In Leather wrote:Extraordinary meeting to be called to vote Kilburn out

http://www.news.com.au/national/south-a ... 6884942368

wish they could get there facts right...

You've been stripped! :lol:
by Footy Chick
Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |