Search found 106 matches

Return

Re: Things that you rate!

The old format for the SAFooty site.
by Swamp Donkey
Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 Fixture (released 31/10) - predictions/discussion..

having a split round for round 1 is anti-climactic IMO.

I don't want to ease into the footy season, I want it to smash me in the head and make me wake up to the realisation it's footy season again.
by gadj1976
Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Boston Red Sox.
by Spargo
Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

I hate this new safooty layout!!
by Phantom Gossiper
Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Vancouver Grizzlies had to change their name because it was offensive to wives.
by OnSong
Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BL&G Football League

Very sad news for all football supporters with the sudden passing of Steven "Mono" Connelly. Only 50 and one of the fittest blokes I have ever had the privilge to have been involved with in my time in football.
Coached and played at Willaston, played at both Centrals and the Redlegs at SANFL and I think played a couple of state games over his career and was a great bloke when you got to know him.
RIP Mono.
by UNCLE SAM
Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes First Test Live Discussion

Does anyone else think Tremletts action looks dodgy?
by beeroclock
Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

F##k yes! Go the Aussies!

Come on lets get these last wickets, you can pitch it up fellas, don't need to keep on bowling short every ball to these blokes

Creating chances and not conceding many by doing it, why wouldn't you stick with it as long as necessary? When the chances stop coming or the runs start flowing then you change.
Fair enough Graham I just think they shouldn't get too carried away with bowling short every ball to the tailenders this series now, I love the aggression but a bit of variation and a plan to set them up would be good along with the short pitch stuff. Given the situation Broad batted well, survive the constant short pitch bowling and made some much needed runs for England

I normally agree but watching it on tv after tea, we hit both Anderson and broad on the gloves with short balls and roughed them up a bit, considering the poms don't have a bowler who hits 140 kph they have no one to intimidate us, keep them on the back foot and blast them out I reckon!! Doesn't always work but it did today!
by test
Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

YES we need to prepare wickets to our advantage just like every other country does.
by Squids
Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Trot's hotspot in the 1st test

by JK
Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What has given me the shits is Andy Flower coming out and acting like his the coach of the England Angels Cricket Team FFS!!!!!!!!

Everytime they have gotten Watson out they have given him an absolute spray (who can blame them) but ffs be realistic.

His presses was the biggest load of wank I have ever heard!!!!
by whufc
Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Quite funny to see the change in tone of this thread from beginning to end.

Also loving the Aussie bowling attack at the moment, looks world class with Johnson up and about. Still questions over the batting which have been glossed over due to the fact that haddin and Johnson played well in the first innings and we won, still not sure we have the lineup to make massive hundreds unless it's Clarke or Warner. With the exception or watto at the oval the rest don't look capable of a huge century which will probably be needed on Adelaide oval. I think they are the best we have at the moment though.
by bennymacca
Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This film clip from Adelaide band Bad Dreems...

by cennals05
Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

More coppers like that = less little smart arses like that in society. Should have taken to him with the night stick.

Cocky little prick.
by Booney
Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

GWW wrote:I reckon let cyclists not wear a hamlet if they're prepared to pay 100% medical expenses (instead of Medicare) if they suffer injuries in an accident.

Win/Win for all parties.
by OnSong
Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you don't understand

People who sign 1 year leases at caravan parks but expect, no, make that demand, to have tenure for life ...

Shame Mr X, shame ...
by dedja
Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I give way to anyone who's front bumper is in front of mine.

Isn't that the rule?

The thing that shits me the most is not getting a wave when I let people in. Thats when I start yelling "Where's my **** wave ****?!?"
by HH3
Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It doesnt take much to let off the accelerator for a couple of seconds to open that space up for them.

Common courtesy.

If you're in that much of a rush you can't let someone in, you should have left home earlier.
by HH3
Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dogwatcher wrote:One thing that grinds my gears are the people who sit in the right hand lane because they have to turn right 10 kays down the road.

So you want them to wait til they're closer, and hope someone will let them in so they can change lanes?

PS. Agree with everything Psyb said.
by HH3
Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

Does anyone know how those Hungry Jacks Shake and Win thingys work?

I have the app on my phone, and checked in, but when I shook my phone, nothing happened, and I looked like I was having a seizure.
by Failed Creation
Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Oysters?

I'm guessing Psyber doesn't venture South of the border either.
by The Sleeping Giant
Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I tend to favour Golden North's honey ice cream, but all their flavours are pretty good.
by Psyber
Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rumours and Player Movement Discussions for 2014

Dogwatcher wrote:So many changes at each club to come over summer. The sides will be all but unrecognisable next season.
Were Ferguson and Mangan expected to depart Westies?

Throw in Tippett who seems to be a good possibility to get drafted, and the Westies defence is suddenly down to just 14 players
by JK
Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

People who are too lazy to take their shopping trolley to the rack & just leave it in the car park.
by cracka
Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Who's got a Solar Power System installed?

We got our system in July and have recently had days of 33 and 34kwh peaking at 36.5.

And yesterday we got our first real quarterly bill. $44.18. Stoked!
by gadj1976
Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Draw

A couple of SANFL club board members I have spoken to believe the GF date will remain unchanged.

I expect the GF in late July, followed by mandatory trial games for Crows and Port reserves where the AFL listed players are not allowed to be tackled or bumped.
by smac
Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ok, I will play devil's advocate here. Is anyone taking the positive view that this coming season will be the first time Glenelg, Central, North, West, South, Sturt, Eagles, and Norwood will play each other without AFL listed players since 1991? It is club versus club back to its purest form. Be kind.
by PatowalongaPirate
Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

And that leads to an interesting question ... do people support a club or a competition?

From my pre-media days I certainly was more concerned about HOW my team played, rather that WHO my team played.
by PhilH
Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ten axes Before The Game

What took them so long?
by dedja
Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Look-a-likes

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/de/Lauren_Jackson_at_the_Welcome_Home_parade_in_Sydney_(1).jpg/220px-Lauren_Jackson_at_the_Welcome_Home_parade_in_Sydney_(1).jpg
Lauren Jackson

http://www.theage.com.au/ffximage/2004/08/04/white_chicks,0.jpg
White Chicks from the movie "White Chicks"
by FroffiesMcVeigh
Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If our pints and their pints are the same, then theirs are much bigger!
by RustyCage
Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Squids wrote:Biggest load of bollocks 'gen y' 'gen x'

people are **** heads, no matter when they were born
by HH3
Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Damn you auto correct.

I once typed out a message for the missus along the lines of "I'm running late, start dinner without me" and autocorrect changed it to "YOU RUINED MY LIFE YOU DIRTY *#$@!". Needless to say I had to camp on the sofa that night. Damn you autocorrect...
by Pseudo
Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

We all know this is what Squibs looks like in real life.

by Johno6
Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I currently live in Perth and whilst the weather here is consistently warmer than Adelaide the extremes are far worse in SA...

Mainly I'm sick of the East Coast news reports claiming a 42 degree day is the end of the friggen world but when Perth, Adelaide and Alice Springs clock up 7 days above 35 its lucky to make the news....
by LaughingKookaburra
Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Alien discussion

Please take your nonsense elsewhere, its clear aliens have read this thread and are currently monitoring Adelaide. Possibly for an attack or perhaps they want to give someone a probing.
by Squids
Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows Disgrace

From Indaily today- very well written and a sentiment I agree with
Dear Port fans: you just don’t get it David Washington | 6 February 2014 Victorian and South Australian players before the 1988 state of origin match.
Comment |

Dear Port Adelaide fans: I’m terribly sorry you feel so “disappointed” about the Crows wearing a replica of the old South Australian state guernsey in one game this year.

Would you like me to pour you a cup of tea? Or maybe massage your shoulders?

Settle in, because I’m going to tell you a story.

Once upon a time, in an Adelaide far, far away, the city was divided into football tribes. Some of them were very old, like your mob, which joined the competition that came to be known as the SANFL in 1877. My mob Norwood, relative latecomers, joined the competition in 1878.

Some of the teams had extraordinary periods of dominance – Norwood in the first years of the comp and again in the 1920s; Port in the 1950s and the 1980s; Sturt ruled the late 1960s with a sublime run of five flags. Even West Adelaide had their time in the sun, during the first decade of the 20th century.

Some clubs enjoyed very little success. South Adelaide, one of the early powerhouses of the competition, captured its last premiership in 1964. Yet, you could argue that its long-suffering fans are the most loyal in the whole competition. To front up week after week in the face of such a drought of success? That’s passion.

Every year, the best players from the competition would be selected to play against some of the other states, wearing the state colours. The game that really counted was against Victoria. On rare occasions, we won, sparking wild celebrations.

In the early 1990s, your club was clearly the most successful in terms of Premierships won. But in a competition of such long history and passion, did this mean your club was of greater intrinsic value than any other? No. All of the teams had history, pride and passion worth preserving and celebrating. Well – that’s what most of us believed.

Your club’s custodians disagreed. They believed that Port was indeed greater than the whole, and decided to make a run for the big league – the infant AFL, which was, at the time, nothing more than a slightly expanded version of the VFL.

The rest of the SANFL clubs and fans were blindsided, so a hasty compromise was put together. The Adelaide Crows, wearing the state colours, would join the AFL – it would be “the team for all South Australians”. It was, at the time, a team put together with a few outsiders, but mostly star SANFL players – including from Port.

See what I”m getting at?

The SANFL competition was immediately affected. After decades of our best players streaming across the border chasing money and glory in the VFL, the presence of a local team laid further waste to the talent in the local competition. More than 100 years of history mattered little in the face of this new world of glitz and glamour.

A few years later, you joined the AFL – in doing so, you became the only existing club from a competition outside the VFL to be allowed in. It was a gift that no other SANFL fan will experience, at least in the foreseeable future.

I cannot even begin to imagine the joy of seeing Norwood players run on to the MCG in an AFL final – or even a home and away game.

Understand? No?

Back to the story.

The fabric of the SANFL competition was again stretched thin. After some early success, your SANFL club – the Magpies – started to fray and falter, which was bittersweet to those of us who remembered the fierce battles of the past.

The SANFL was altered forever. No matter how much we told ourselves that it was “real” footy, old-fashioned suburban footy, it became a shadow of its former great self.

The days of standing room only crowds at tiny suburban grounds were over.

We would never again see some of the country’s best players slip on our club’s jumper while in their prime.

Premierships, while moments of undoubted joy, had lost a few degrees of sweetness.

Can you comprehend any of the sense of loss that the rest of us might feel?

Can you understand that, while many of us support the Crows in the AFL, our SANFL history is still vitally important to us? That we feel it slipping away as the new generations of football supporters only have eyes for the AFL? That we can see a day coming when the proud history of a club like Norwood will only be remembered by sad old timers (that would be us), regaling young bucks with stories while they try to disguise a yawn?

Can you grasp – in any way – that the proud history of the SANFL is something we want to celebrate, that we have a right to celebrate, through the achievements of the Adelaide Football Club?

No-one watching the Crows step out on to Adelaide Oval wearing a replica state jumper will equate these modern day players with the representative champions of the past. No-one believes that they have “won” a position in a state side.

It’s a nod – and a slight one at that – to what little living heritage remains for the legions of fans who grew up supporting SANFL clubs other than Port Adelaide, and who have followed an AFL club that was started by the SANFL and, in its early years, attempted to represent us all.

The links are tenuous, yes, I agree – nothing like your ability to barrack for the same Port Adelaide that was formed back in 1870, a fact you celebrate on the back of your AFL jumper. That’s a feeling that the rest of us will likely never know.

So will you give us this one nod to our past? Will you put yourselves in our shoes for a moment?

No. I see you’re still disappointed.

You don’t know the meaning of the word.
by Stumps
Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This plot of land we call South Australia must have done something really bad in a past life

We have be dealt the hand of life that includes

Adelaide Crows
Port Power
Redbacks
Adelaide United
Adelaide Rams
I think its because of all the negativity that comes from people who live in SA. Most of what is written on this forum is negative whether it be about the Crows, Power, SA Cricket, SA Soccer etc.
by cracka
Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What a shame the 2 AFL reserves sides entering the SANFL didn't get the same response as this (comparatively small) issue. :(
by Mic
Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Diary of some pregnant blokes

Get ready for the hormones and the emotional roller coaster you have to deal with.. then when the baby is born they wont even remember :shock:

In the later months keep a toilet as close by as possibly - geez maybe even go out and buy a potty! :lol:

When the baby is born, encourage and stay positive especially if things like breast feeding are taking a while to come in, PND is a big thing and not enjoyable - for either party.
by Phantom Gossiper
Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

Maccas ... the food is shit and the ads are worse.
by dedja
Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

RustyCage wrote:Schools that think it's ok to just have one single male toilet for bout 15 male staff. Men shouldn't line up for a toilet!

Go to the women's.

Be sure to leave the seat up.
by Pseudo
Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Arsonists - these c#nts should be tied to a stake and doused in kero. Then those who have lost loved ones or their houses due to these fires, should have the opportunity to light the match and watch THEM burn.
by Spargo
Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |