Search found 50 matches

Return

Re: Membership No's 2014

If I buy by cat/dog a membership I should be allow to take it to the games! FFS

My mate in Melbourne doesn't have a pet but buys a membership for his stuffed wombat.
He receives calls now from the GFC wanting to talk to Otto and sell him some merchandise.
I will be attending the Easter Monday clash at the G again as Otto Wombat! :roll:
by Alaska
Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Expression of interest - $20 & $50 cash leagues

I will be in the Lobster again.

Thanks Dutchy
by Alaska
Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 DT/SC Discussion

I am puting him in my team and getting some early wins on the board, while you play around with rookies!
by Alaska
Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Star Stable 2014

Anyone else having the problem with horses you want to select not being on the list this year?
Not the big race horses but I try to pick some 3 yo and or sprinters that I suspect will do well in a number of the races in spring so hopefully get a couple of collects on the side. I had the problem last week and this week “I’m All The Talk” is not available but is in the field for the Sprint.
by Alaska
Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

mal wrote:Hotmail not working again
#$*()_)(*&^%$#$%^&*()(*&^%$#@$%^&*()(*&^%$#$%^&*(*&^%$#$%^&*(*&^%$#$%^&*
~X(

You’ve got MALware go to only a Microsoft site and they will not charge a cent.
Try Adelaidetechguy .com.au his site should have a link or an explanation.
by Alaska
Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Central Division

Jonothan Wells I believe
by Alaska
Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Central Division

lovethefooty wrote:David Liston.....where is he from?

He is a running defender from Echunga
by Alaska
Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hogg Premier League 2015

You are half right REB I had found another compulsive pastime over the last two years.
The good news is that is just blowing over, I have hit the wall and the interest in that “Game” has now dwindled. :lol:
However this is not getting any easier giving you blokes and Gibbo a start each year 2013 five weeks in the Kimberly Crocodile wrangling, 2014 4 weeks Eyre peninsular Great white chasing. Now, I will be off for 7 weeks straight after Easter this year running with the bulls in Spain then partaking in some tank manoeuvres in Northern Europe. If I survive that and my superbly picked squad are still competitive I will be up against it. Barely scraped through and just missed demotion last year but still had a competitive team at the end. :roll:
This year will be the toughest. I think if I do survive I might have to contemplate going back to a summer holiday schedule. Although….. then I wouldn’t have an excuse.
by Alaska
Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hogg Premier League 2015

Hi All,

I am back in one piece and have not been gored also survived the tank operations in Northern Europe. So now to concentrate on SC.
I am happy with the 3 - 5 ratio considering and my team seems to be getting back into better form without me.
The good thing is I still have 25 trades and now have plenty of time to work on bye strategies.
With the look of the ladder I hope I can now avoid relegation (first priority) so I now need to use these trades and the 0.5 m I have stashed usefully. (Q looks like Rocky will have to go!)
I for one am sure glad Darksiders is not here this year but challenges against others and in particular Q and Hondo await.
But one week at a time, I wish all well for the rest of the season.
by Alaska
Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tiger Airways ... beware

Friends flew with them last Friday it was delayed 5 hours so they did not arrive till after 10pm missed their dinner they had booked. They cannot even get a busy Friday arvo flight right, I think still very unreliable.
by Alaska
Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Division 1 (Central)

Dutchy wrote:Image

Going home from golf in your chopper Dutchy?
by Alaska
Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Duromine vs Professional athlete

Doesn't look like Q has changed his mind! :lol:
by Alaska
Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: MickyJ ill

Hang in there Micky one step at a time.
by Alaska
Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Homebrew

Stella....! Steeelllaaaa!!

Yum, delicious, yum. ( As was the French chick bottling her pilsner at the same time I was bottling my lager :lol: ).

Bright, clear, with a little bit of a bitter tone, little bit of a crisp dry finish and a nice fresh after taste that gives you a little honey, sweet end. Not overly hoppy, but a classic lager style. Light and easy to drink. I can see these being quite an easy summer smasher.

Are you describing the chick or the beer? ;)
by Alaska
Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NFL Season 2015/16

Im not doing any aussie rules until footballs finished. I've already spent 14 years on aussie rules. Its gridirons time now.

Do you know anyone else out there?

I think all the DBs are keen as, so it'll be tough. The WRs and LBs were a bit slim on numbers over the two nights so far.

One of my boys is trying out for a WR spot and is doing footy training on the other days as well so is fairly buggered.
Especially as he is recovering from Salmonella poisoning he suffered in the new-year.
by Alaska
Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hogg Division II 2016

Rik E Boy wrote:Still waiting on Jays Jocks.

regards,

REB

I will hassle him today
by Alaska
Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hogg Premier League 2016

Pool Swimmers have finaly got a job so easy .meat this year
by Alaska
Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Good Luck HH3 for the game tomorrow for the Sharks against WA in Perth. Rather you than me 6am flight out, off to the game, then 30 min afterwards pick up to fly back, due in just before curfew at 11pm. BIG DAY.

Kickoff 2pm Adelaide time and for those that want to follow it:
http://livestream.com/accounts/9457344
by Alaska
Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well anyone who knows HH3 should ask him what it feels like standing infront of a rolling brick sh!thouse going downhill at speed.
Ouch.... I hope you are still with us HH3?
by Alaska
Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

PS.. Celebrate the end of the 2016 State games like there is no tomorrow, tomorrow night. (Then start saving)

Go the Sharks!
by Alaska
Fri May 06, 2016 7:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hogg Elite 2016

Has Been 2210 DEF BY Delicious 2332
Extend The Dukes 2381 DEF Captain Who? 2258
Cossi's Carnts 2115 DEF BY Mediocre at Best 2238
Les's Men 2188 DEF BY Wadey's Warriors 2232
Spud Factory FC 2358 DEF Richo Richo Man 2150
Ben Roflsburgers 2269 DEF Summer of George 2175
Hondo SCC 2224 DEF BY Hips Don't Lie 2262
Darksiders SCE 2407 DEF Longwood Lions 2244
Ecky's Fevolas 2438 DEF Inner Sanctum 2224

Rank 342
by Alaska
Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kids Eating Habits

I have had the same issue with the youngest and you could only feed him food he liked and that was a very small selection. He had a particular issue with different foods that were mixed up so taking him out was a problem. Stew was the worst thing we could make yet if we gave him the same ingredients individually set out on a plate he would eat it. Using the self-service idea worked as he seemed to take enough to survive but you needed to ask for a least one green and one orange veg. Fruit was and still is not consumed.
It became interesting as he grew older as he found that he needed to put weight and strength on to play CHB or Ruck but that turned to whey. He then went back to the wing when he had to pay for it. He has improved heaps now he is out on his own the GF has at least got him trying stuff he would not try before and admitting it is tasty,.
by Alaska
Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hogg Elite 2016

League rank 144

Very tough league this one congratulations, to those that made the finals:

1 Hondo SCC 48
2 Mediocre at Best 44
3 Spud Factory FC 40
4 Delicious 40
5 Ben Roflsburgers 36
6 Has Been 36
7 Cossi's Carnts 36
8 Wadey's Warriors 32
9 Summer of George 32
10 Hips Don't Lie 32
11 Inner Sanctum 32
12 Richo Richo Man 32
13 Longwood Lions 32
14 Captain Who? 32
15 Darksiders SCE 28
16 Ecky's Fevolas 28
17 Extend The Dukes 28
18 Les's Men 24
by Alaska
Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NFL Season 2016/2017

I am in and paid for the tipping comp.

However I have not heard from @lesthemechanic @johno6 and @lovetotalkfooty in the SA Footy Fantasy league.

I need an even number to do this so either one let me know before Friday or if anyone knows of anyone else??
by Alaska
Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Mark Naley

SA football legend Mark Naley ‘has recovered well’ after surgery to remove growth on brain

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/local-footy-sa/sanfl/sa-football-legend-mark-naley-has-recovered-well-after-surgery-to-remove-growth-on-brain/news-story/9ae10915a1a305cd0d84c38247842594?utm_content=SocialFlow&utm_campaign=EditorialSF&utm_source=HeraldSun&utm_medium=Twitter

SOUTH Australian football legend Mark Naley is recovering in hospital after surgery to remove a growth on his brain.
The 1991 SANFL Magarey Medallist and 1987 Carlton premiership midfields “has recovered well’’ after surgery on Thursday, his wife, Cassie, told The Advertiser, on Friday.
“He’s in good spirits, the operation went well and he woke up well,’’ Cassie said. “He’s up and about and talking so we’re seeing all the right things.
“They (doctors) removed the tumour and it’s gone off for pathology (testing), which will probably take two or three days (before getting results).’’
Naley, 55, was diagnosed with the tumour after having medical tests when he collapsed unconscious on a footpath in late November.
The silky-skilled and lightning-fast, left-footer, played 236 games with South Adelaide FC (1980-86; 1991-93) and 65 with Carlton (1987-90).
Naley, an inaugural SA Football Hall of Fame inductee in 2002, was South’s club champion in 1984 and represented SA in 16 State of Origin games (1981-89), winning All-Australian honours in 1986 and 1987, when he was also the Tassie Medallist as the best player in the now-defunct Interstate Carnival.
After football, Naley carved a successful media career, writing a weekly column for the Sunday Mail and calling games with the ABC.
by Alaska
Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian International Summer

Alison Mitchell from the BBC very good and has been doing it for some time.
by Alaska
Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Anyone recommend good car seat protection for dogs?

I have one that is like a sling which protects front and back and also provides protection for the dogs. It just hoops over the front and back headrests.
Not sure of make though.
by Alaska
Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Back Seat Hammock Cover – The Norton

NortonThe Norton Back Seat Hammock Cover is a great way to keep your car clean and your dog safe. Its unique zip-able side panels ensure that you keep your dog secure and your car clean. Unzip and let the flap down when your dog jumps in or out and the door jamb and upholstery is kept clean and free of scratches. The fabric is constructed to minimise fur and hair accumulating in the car. The smooth surface actually prevents hair clinging and allows easy cleaning. Rigid battens on the high section on front and back seat provide more protection to the front and back seat by keep the cover higher up on the seat as well as stabilising it. Fits most cars, requires front and rear seat headrests.

Dimensions: 140cm wide (door to door), 74cm long (front seat to back seat), 52cm high at the door
by Alaska
Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: !@#$%*$#!! You Supercoach!

Big Mummy being injured as well does not help in the big man stakes.
I had penciled in young Sharenberg in as a defensive cash cow. Buckley in his chat today said he would have to work his way through the VFL. Back to the drawing board.
by Alaska
Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gridiron SA

Good luck in the big game HH3
by Alaska
Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hogg Premier League 2018

I will see if I can get onto Pool Swimmers for you.
by Alaska
Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Who's got a Solar Power System installed?

The feed in tariff differs across different plans from 6.8c to 20c but that is only part of the story.
Try wattever.com.au to compare your current system and then add the 5kw Solar system and it will compare all suppliers for your best deal.
by Alaska
Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 1

Can someone with brains and patience start my team off?

I'm looking at rookies that should get a gig early in the season, feel free to throw some names at me!

So far under the microscope are:
Mihocek (COLL) What will he score though?
Fogarty (ADEL) Will he play when Tex comes back?
Murray (COLL) Lock
Naughton WB) Lock
Holman (GC) Lock
OConor (GEEL) Not sure on Job security with such a strong list
LDU (NM) Will he score enough for his price?
Barry (PORT) Is he in a full strength Port Team?
Brayshaw (FREO) Gun
Draper (ESS) Leuy and Bellchambers ahead of him
Rayner (BL) Very expensive but may pay off
Banfield (FREO) Lock although beware FURL

I haven't watched much JLT
by Alaska
Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 1

My POD's stood out in the first week Zerrett, Zorko and Libba. :(
by Alaska
Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Yes, I agree the best two way conversations with the boys are in the car, especially when they know the timeframe. My younger boy will even hop in the car for a short trip when he knows where I am going, after he has helped me out and I have said he does not have to. He is 27.
by Alaska
Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

With such a large fridge at an unpowered site you would need solar back up as the battery will not last that long. The deep cycle batteries are the way to go, I would not use the starter battery as you will ruin it, it is not designed for the slow trickle charge.
by Alaska
Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NFL Season 2018/2019

Hi all the NFL is about to get underway.
All Fantasy team managers from last year should now have received an email when I activated the League.
Please let me know if you want in to this league and would also like to continue with the Defensive players, so I can set up the team numbers.
Steve, Pels, Marc and Peter have all responded, so going well.
The live draft is set for 10.30am Sunday the 2nd September.
After letting me know you are in please log on and edit your pre-draft rankings.
@HH# and @Johno6

Any new players are also welcome just PM me and I will organise a spot.
by Alaska
Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NFL Season 2018/2019

Yes, sorry it is the Sunday Fathers day again I am afraid, the last weekend before the start of the season.
by Alaska
Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

After 6 months of work on the house to do it up for sale, selling it after 15 days on the market and only 2 opens. :D
by Alaska
Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gridiron SA

Congrats HH3 getting in the Team of the year at the Gridiron SA big night and also awarded Defensive MVP. Great effort.
by Alaska
Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Like **** I would. :lol:
We're a strange breed, the missus rings or facetimes me while she's away as she thinks I'm sad and depressed about being home alone, I'm in my f***** element, crack a beer whatever time I want, the house is immaculate and there are no egg shells on the floor.

Sounds very much like my Mrs, I enjoy my time alone and have no need for company for days, however wife is the exact opposite. In February she is going on a cruise from Outer Harbor for 3 days with the girls, cannot wait!

Yes, I agree as my wife is also going on a cruise from Outer Harbor for 3 days with the girls in Feb :D
by Alaska
Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

2 years before marriage.
39 years married at the end of the month.
by Alaska
Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sheik Yerbouti's handywork.
He spent two weeks replacing moss rocks with brick steps and also doing some paving.
I will no longer have to worry about climbing over the rocks to get to the beer fridge.
Fantastic job I can recommend his work. :D
by Alaska
Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hogg Division I 2020

Yes REB that is my new designation with many changes in life a new home in Cormandel Valley and plenty of time to study the field.
by Alaska
Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hogg Round 1 - My My My Corona

The price changes are still on a 3 round basis using the average for last year as the first round and the "factored" price for rookies.
by Alaska
Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hogg Division I 2021

The Coro Crocs have had a refresh and are in.
by Alaska
Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hogg Division I 2022

I am in Cowpokes as well and I have texted the Jocks
by Alaska
Sun Jan 30, 2022 6:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hogg Division I 2023

I am in as Coromandel Crisis this year.
by Alaska
Thu Jan 26, 2023 3:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hogg Shield 2023 - League sign ups for lower grades here

Hi REB 50831 was her score last year.
I have nudged Junior and the Jocks and asked Junior to work on the Swimmers.

You know youth of today??

Although Junior hopes to play his 300th A grade game this year.
by Alaska
Sat Feb 04, 2023 7:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |