Search found 160 matches

Return

Re: All Aboriginal Team to take on Ireland

Did anyone watch the game on Sunday?
I watched the replay, and thought it was a bit boring until about halfway through the 3rd quarter.
I saw most of it and agree it was a bit boring - previous matches have been more interesting.
I think our side lacked a bit in height and their ball-handling and kicking appeared to suffer from not enough time spent practising with the differently shaped ball. That offset the speed advantage they should have had in theory, and left the score margin generally too wide to keep up the interest.

It kinda irritated me that the commentators were saying the Indigenous boys were "blazing away with their kicks" and "usually very good kicks for goal" when they missed shots on goal.

The idiot was referring to them kicking for goal in the AFL, which is totally different than with the round ball they had to kick in Ireland.

I reckon we should alternate which ball is used. So when they come play Tests on Australian soil, they have to kick Sherrins .

The game already suits the AFL boys enough. IMO we should stop making excuses & pick a proper team to win other than who's available.
by the milky bar kid
Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL division 6 2014

Hello all,
I would like to tell you that you can all put your fears to bed & the Milky Bar Kid will once again be a Doggie in 2014!!! :D
by the milky bar kid
Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Central Division

The Sorce wrote:I hope Mt Lofty have their Boxing Gloves ready if they are thinking of Joining an Amateur Division that low...... at that level its only about 20% actual football the rest is just fights and thugs running around looking to clean someone up!.

PFFFFTTTT.... Turn it up...
by the milky bar kid
Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rumours and Player Movement Discussions for 2014

I don't often comment on this, but I can't believe all these people still going on about the Magpies existing or not. Surely the PAFC is the identity that everyone whether originally Magpies or Power should be loyal too. The club, one club, keeps it identity as the Magpies in the SANFL. The PAFC constitution reads that the club desires to play in the strongest competition possible, which we all know isn't the SANFL.
It's disappointing that at the end of the day the PAFC will not be able to keep its traditional zones, but unfortunately in making the best decision for the entire PAFC it couldn't be done.

I laugh at those (from other clubs & jump off the Magpies) who think they know more than real PAFC people like John Cahill, Brian Cunningham, Tim Ginever, etc who know the true identity of the PAFC & helped better it by establishing it in the best football competition in Australia, whilst still keeping links to its beginings in the SANFL.
by the milky bar kid
Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows Disgrace

Have the "team for all South Australian's" realized that they've offended a large percentage of the South Australians they pretend to represent?

A percentage that is not only PAFC supporters, but supporters of other club & indeed a large amount of it's own supporter base.
by the milky bar kid
Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Arch44 wrote:Program has changed again. We now play Mawson Lakes 1st up. That's 3 times now it has changed!

I reckon we are up to at least 4 now. :lol:
by the milky bar kid
Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 4 2014

How do you know CBC and Greenacres weren't offered it first?

be totally shocked if either club said no as both to me didnt struggle in div 4 both lost some games that could have gone either way

We were offered but refused...coaches and senior players said no :shock:

Might be some questions asked if we dont make finals..as Pauline would say "please explain" :oops:

Why would you say no? Want to be a big fish in a little pond?
Is marbles joining you?

It is also possible that they believe that this season could follow a similar path to last years when they won 1 game in Div 4 (being the last one). Such a performance might have negative impacts on senior & junior player development.

Hence making it a good call for the club & the division.
Completely opposite to your side, that finishes 10th every year, isn't good enough to be in the top 8 of the SFL (which should be division 1), but still feels entitled to be treated as the same & further push down those below you. As a result, a majority from outside, and a significant number from within continue to see your league as a bit of a joke.

Sometimes there is a bigger picture than immediate gains.
by the milky bar kid
Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Here is my uneducated opinion of a conceptual ladder

1. Rosewater
2. Mawson Lakes
3. Fitzroy
4. West Croydon
5. Ingle Farm
6. Blackfriars
7. Lockleys
8. Central United
9. Angle Vale
10. Mitchell Park

If you disagree, I don't care! But you can all still buy me a bourbon when I come into your clubrooms after the game! ;)
by the milky bar kid
Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hey Carey, are you going to miss the great man "Riddler" now that he has moved onto greener pastures??

I have a lot of time for Richard Chee Quee I always have and that will continue.

Have you seen the man dance? Smoke was coming off the Slug dance floor along with hearts breaking all over the place :lol:

I presume you are talking about the latest Aami Insurance ad?
by the milky bar kid
Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
the milky bar kid wrote:
Suri wrote:Who the hell gets married in the middle of footy season? :-s

My sister in law :evil: :axe:

Sickening!

Believe me, I'm pushing hard for an ANZAC day game this year for this reason.
by the milky bar kid
Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Country Division

jo172 wrote:
carey wrote:Did I hear correct that sedan have just paid $250 a game to a Div 6 reserves player? Wow :shock:

Elmo?

Are you taking the piss?

His brother/best mate/whomever must be pretty good
by the milky bar kid
Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
the milky bar kid wrote:Is there any chance of moving all the tips to a tipping thread within the tipping section?

No... CBF :lol:

That's it, I'm getting myself cleared to Para Hills today as well ;) :lol:
by the milky bar kid
Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
the milky bar kid wrote:That's it, I'm getting myself cleared to Para Hills today as well ;) :lol:

Why wait until tomorrow night.. come to training tonight and we can dance 8)
lets dance.jpg

Look out, I'll be coming off the square in a hurry ;)
by the milky bar kid
Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Clubs in strife

Its almost pretty simple though. No paying players, more players staying loyal to their local club.
Out of curiosity, how many players would your club (Mawson Lakes) have picked up and retained if it hadn't been for the lure of a few $$?
You must underestimate my power of persuasion Phantom ;)

It seems Bombers4Eva is equally persuasive now he is coach. ;) :lol:
by the milky bar kid
Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Clubs in strife

The Riddler wrote:
the milky bar kid wrote:
The Riddler wrote:You must underestimate my power of persuasion Phantom ;)

It seems Bombers4Eva is equally persuasive now he is coach. ;) :lol:

You're very very far off the mark with this one MBK :lol:

So you're saying he's not that persuasive? ;)
by the milky bar kid
Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

morell wrote:Unsubscribe

I agree, bring back Carey v Phantom :D
by the milky bar kid
Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I dont understand why players would want to leave a successful grade ( winning & playing in Grand Finals in the past 3 - 4 years ) to play for a Div 6 side. Under achieving I reckon.

I know who you are talking about & that's a pretty silly comment B4E.

I played with him in my earlier days & learnt a lot from him. Great player & a great guy, but a player that is getting towards the back end of his footy career. The intensity & rigors of playing the Division 1 or 2 footy do take a toll & at some stage it can be worth going back and just enjoying your footy whilst also passing on knowledge to other players. Certainly not underachieving.
by the milky bar kid
Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Division 6 tipping 2014

Round 3
Rosewater v Mawson Lakes
Fitzroy v Blackfriars
Lockleys v Central United
West Croydon v Morell Park
Ingle Farm v Angle Vale

I can't believe I go away for half a week & you guys get the thread locked...
by the milky bar kid
Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

wristwatcher wrote:Ingle Farm from all reports had their best display in years after dropping Dan Bryant. 198 point win in a GF rematch :shock:

Surely this falls under the banner of taking pot shots
by the milky bar kid
Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bombers4EVA wrote:Massive if they are considering playing finals at all this year. Heard a rumour that things are a bit uneasy at the Lakes in the A grade. Anyone wanna shed some light??

Shed away B4E
by the milky bar kid
Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I watched them when they just won against MLFC @ the Lakes last year and seeing the result from Fridays game and especially the big margins they have won by. Must have improved somehow.

maybe MLFC have dropped back a touch? :)
MLFC will bounce back very soon.

I heard they are having 5 meetings a week to ensure they bounce back ;)
by the milky bar kid
Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

i dont think ingle farm could ever fly under the radar not as long as these forums are running :)

ingle farm are already favourites for next years flag :D

Haha, it's not as bad as it used to be. I think most posters from IF that still come here, see the forum as a bit of a p1ss take & banter. (As it should be)

As for talking up Ingle Farm, I'm not into that, I'm more in the business of talking myself up!!! :lol: :lol:
by the milky bar kid
Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

woodublieve12 wrote:
Bombers4EVA wrote:It'll be ok for the B grade game. Then itll be a mud bit for the A's. Thats the norm these days for games played during winter.

who cares, if you don't like getting dirty go play chess... toughen up :D

Anyone want to join me for some chess from 2:30 Saturday afternoon? :D
by the milky bar kid
Fri May 02, 2014 2:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It's all irrelevant. No-one is beating Rosewater. Unless they all get on a plane and crash into a mountain or something.
So we should just forfeit this week and save the risk of getting injuries/reports etc? Give me a break. Anything can happen in footy as proven to us in the Bgrade last week .

That only happened cause you warmed up at the wrong end!
by the milky bar kid
Wed May 07, 2014 11:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

morell wrote:Gotta say, the quality of posting over the last few days has been exemplary and a marked improvement.

Certainly has lifted since we lost Mawson Lake's own B4E!

*still got your back phantom during this tough time
by the milky bar kid
Fri May 16, 2014 5:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

im not sure why ingle farm people are still upset he said he would stay he didnt he picked a better suburb simple as that Mawson Lakes is one of the best suburbs to live in you would know if you lived here......................lets face it id rather walk home from mawson lakes then ingle farm :D

I've walked home plenty of times in Ingle Farm in the deep night without any trouble & I practically glow in the dark!
by the milky bar kid
Mon May 12, 2014 6:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Riddler wrote:
Bombers4EVA wrote:I understand that but why hide who you are??

I hope this clears up to certain Ingle Farm folk out there that I am not in fact Bomber4EVA ;)

Is this the first Mawson Lakes affiliated account that you haven't known the login too??? ;)
by the milky bar kid
Fri May 23, 2014 4:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Can we start a Mawson Lakes thread so these guys can sort internal affairs over there?

It's seriously taking away from the usual quality standard of the div 6 thread! ;)
by the milky bar kid
Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: History Thread

whufc wrote:What about West Ham winning the World Cup in 66

It was only due to the guidance of an Ipswich Town manager 8)
by the milky bar kid
Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Arch44 wrote:Deal. Beam can it is. I coach the Bgrade so will be easy to spot.

Easy, I have flowing red locks, so I'm in the same boat!
by the milky bar kid
Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Division 6 tipping 2014

Round 18:
Ingle Farm(3rd) v Lockleys(6th)
Mawson Lakes(8th) v Angle Vale(9th)
Mitchell Park(10th) v Blackfriars(1st)
Rosewater(4th) v Central United (7th)
West Croydon(2nd) v Fitzroy(5th)

Going all out to beat Arch! :)
by the milky bar kid
Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 7 2014

It may not be very 'sporting', but it's not against the rules.

Or maybe Smithfield are just struggling to fill two sides, even during finals.

ok this week goodwood are considering playing eric kells in the reserves as well as the agrade, bit short on numbers ya know

oh yeah ROCS too, commane's gonna play reserves & agrade too

(metaphorically speaking)

If you're silly or desperate enough to risk an injury or significant fatigue to that player for the later game, than best of luck to you.
by the milky bar kid
Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm unbanable!!!

Everyone loves the Milky Bar Kid!!!
by the milky bar kid
Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: End of season movements. FA, trades, bullshit etc.

carey wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:The only blokes this year who can say they won games off their own boots from the top of my head are Franklin and Ablett..

Danger wasn't that influential IMHO

Maybe Roughy as well but not many more at all.

Roughy stopped Port winning the grand final off his own boot.
by the milky bar kid
Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: End of season movements. FA, trades, bullshit etc.

Dogwatcher wrote:Is he wrong, though?
What's their injury record?

As good as North's preliminary final record in the last 10 years. ;)
by the milky bar kid
Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

Playing gaelic against HH3 tomorrow night, has anyone got any good sledges I can use on him??? :lol:
by the milky bar kid
Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 6 - 2015

Arch44 wrote:Maybe not but where there is smoke there is usually fire and being Brahma no surprise really.

A Northern Suburbs joke, I see what you did there! :lol:

*written from the comfort of the North-Eastern suburbs ;)
by the milky bar kid
Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Got married on Saturday and there were a few of my alleged friends and my sister who bought her 6 kids and partner who didn't bring a gift or even a f@&$ing card. How the **** do you walk into a fully catered function centre with free piss all night at someone's wedding without even a card. I am at a loss as to the embarrassment I am feeling from the audacity of this behaviour.

Don't get me wrong me and the wife both have good jobs, have paid for our wedding and have all the household effects we need but the gesture of no form of recognition what so ever almost seems like a passive aggressive act particularly from a family member. Probably go as far as to say this one goes a bit beyond "Things that give me the shits".

My brother had numerous people that did that!

WTF!!! I do not understand how anyone could do this.

May I ask did your brother either confront, have it come up in a conversation or mention it.

The lack of respect I actually can't get my head around. We had one family who I know struggles give us a card and write nice things in it. That was fine and we were happy with that. Every bloody service station sells cards FFS. As the missus said " if you can't give a card to us for our wedding when would you give someone a card?"

So you're saying I could've got away with just giving you a card?!?!? ;)
by the milky bar kid
Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Is it really happening about SPOSFC up and running?? And to be playing in the same Div as Mawson Lakes. Cmon this has to be a joke right? I went to school at St Paul's and immediately after finishing Year 12 played for the old scholars (1999). I've played over 200 games for that club and seen alot of good times. I also played with alot of ex scholars too and we all enjoyed a lot of good years. Once we moved on to Mawson Lakes and changed the name from SPOSFC to MLFC we still kept the heritage of the football club.
Now that someone has decided to get the "So-Called-Old-Scholars" up and running again. As a past student and player, I feel that it is very dis-respectful and that the league should not allow it as there is already a club in the SAAFL with associaion with St Pauls already.
It will be a shame if the league were to approve this.

I really don't see how that's the League's Problem.

If I wanted to start up a second PACOCFC named the Prince Alfred Old Boys Football Club and can fufil all the criteria to join the league why should the league put a stop to it?

I would have thought had the Committee at Mawson Lakes extended a hand of friendship to the new club earlier a lot of common ground could have been found.

From memory, didn't didn't the old SPOS move to & change the name to help attract new players /take advantage of a brand new population base.
Subsequently they dropped the official link, as seen by SP old scholars now not being included in the points system. (I'm pretty sure, it's that way)
Can't have it both ways B4E.

FWIW, I think the MLFC committee has handled this issue quite well, by just going on about their own business.
by the milky bar kid
Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 5 things you don't want to see in 2015

Yes, they did beat those teams in the minor round. I still believe that they aren't on the same level as Hawthorn, Sydney, Port & Fremantle. I reckon if you asked supporters in other teams, out of those four teams and the Roos who you'd rather have your team play in a final, 9 out of 10 would say the Roos.
You won't get an argument that North Melbourne are on a different level then those below them, but unlike Hawthorn, Sydney, Port & Fremantle will not be a genuine premiership contender.

They still rely far too heavily on Harvey. Lost Greenwood, which will force a lot of contested ball responsibility onto Swallow alone. Scott Thompson does a solid job for an undersized full back, but if Firrito is in your starting back 6 you are in trouble & will get exploited against a genuine top 4 team with multiple forward options.

Lost Greenwood? Contested footy onto Swallow alone? Do you forget Cunnington and Zeebs? The Roos don't need Greenwood. He had one decent season in the last 5. He was nearly delisted last year.

They finished 4th, so they are a top 4 team. Pretty easy to work out, and hard to dispute. You can't be a top 4 side if you finished 5th champ .

:lol: I just got champed!
by the milky bar kid
Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Aus v Ind Test Series

Wouldn't want to be related to his hamstring. Would make his selection a selfish one.

Turn it up. The whole of Australia wanted him to play & we all knew the risks.

Showed fantastic leadership through out this whole sad situation & is a massive presence to the team when the team needs it most.
by the milky bar kid
Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Is everyone just accepting that st.pauls have full rights to the 10th placement in div 6 and Adelaide uni get no say in having their spot taken from them

AU don't want promotion

That's just a cgrade assumption or u hav proof?

The uni poster guy on here always seems to highlight everything the blacks do is for what's best for their agrade and having their reserves in the highest divisions possible is what's best for their agrade

Do the C grade super league aspirations go out the window when there's a C grade team better then Henley's Marbles? :shock:
by the milky bar kid
Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Can we please change the thread name to - C9 AFL Division 6 - A man told me something stupid in a bar thread
For the purposes of accuracy
by the milky bar kid
Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Diary of some pregnant blokes

OK, so I can now proudly say I'm now 15 weeks into the experience!

As a result, all house renovations have been put on fast forward, which has meant that we have been to busy to notice any real changes.

Although my housework ratio continues to grow :/
by the milky bar kid
Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Q. wrote:
carey wrote:Are you sure?

I'm carrying as much weight as a bloke who does his best work from the sidelines, but I think I better stick to playing.

Ah, player coach
by the milky bar kid
Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014-2015 20/20 Whinge Thread

In all seriousness Benny do you admit that t20 could create generations of cricket fans with no interest in test match cricket

If test match cricket crowds dropped because of increasing crowds in t20 do you think this is a positive for cricket overall

Would you like t20 to be the most prestigious, valued form of cricket

I don't think so. I remember as a kid, I had very little interest in test cricket, but was a massive fan of the ODI's. As I've gotten older, my preferences started to swing towards the longer form, to the point where Test cricket is far and away my favourite form of the game.
The real beauty of test cricket is harder to appreciate when you're young & as long as the countries competing continue to promote this as the pinnacle of cricket, I think the next generation will mature into Test match cricket fans.
by the milky bar kid
Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Aus v Ind Test Series

I just think its time we looked for a wrist spinner than stick with a finger spinner.

There seems to be this notion that we need to find the next Shane Warne right away. Even though I believe that wrist spin is the superior version of spin, why rush a less superior spinner in just for being a wrist spinner? Lyon is by far the best spinner in the country at the moment. Was the most dangerous bowler in the attack for a majority of the series on batsmen friendly wickets.
Even when Lyon isn't as dangerous, he's very much a partnership bowler. His role of constricting runs at one end whilst Harris/Johnson attack from the other end.
by the milky bar kid
Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Clubs should be left to rot and die out... That is the most moronic statement I have ever read about community football.. What type of a peanut says that shite... With no juniors & being surrounded by 3 of the bigger Junior club in the norther area what other options are available to the smaller clubs.. If you have the finances you spend them to make your club stronger.. Sure we did ok for a couple of years and then due to a number of reasons we went downhill. You can surmise why that is however you want and you can put your pathetic rants up here for everyone to see all you want. You can even have personal digs & post smart ass comments but at the end of the day we have 100+ blokes that want to play footy for our club, 20 of them are getting paid to do it which leaves 80+ doing it for the club & the guernsey.. Half of you mob are so easy to bait up it's like shooting fish in the pond. How about next time some of you see me at a game come up and tell me how much you hate us to my face and slag us off while your standing in front of me, then I might take some of what you are saying on board but until then keep running ya lips.. I know it's all half of ya are good at.. The stupid thing is if I were at your club and it was facing the same dilemma I would be doing everything within my power to change that as well.. After all nobody remembers who came last.. History only talks about the winners..

Maybe a slight exaggeration there ;) :D

Expect an increase in Safooty accounts if this is the case. I believe on top of the $1000 sign on fee, you are also given an SAfooty login :-P
by the milky bar kid
Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 7 - 2015

Footy Chick wrote:I'm going of the Angle Vale FB page here -

AV
TTG
Mod
ROCS
Adel Uni
Houghton
Henley

with maybe 1 or 2 more team to be decided.

Is Mitchell Park one of these? What's going on there?

Don't tell me Henley applied for Div 7 without asking Marbles? :shock:
by the milky bar kid
Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2015

No doubt the kid can play, but gee as a port supporter he would have to frustrate you somewhat?

Yes and no. If he was 25 & had a year like last I'd be more frustrated. However, he's 21 & last year was his first year as being a focal point for oppositions to stop. Probably received more defensive scrutiny than any other Port forward last year (even after Gray started going ballistic). The big key to his development will be if he is able to work thru increased attention. Hopefully an increased fitness base & midfield time will help him with this.
by the milky bar kid
Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |