Search found 119 matches

Return

Re: HFL Central Division

The Sorce wrote:I hope Mt Lofty have their Boxing Gloves ready if they are thinking of Joining an Amateur Division that low...... at that level its only about 20% actual football the rest is just fights and thugs running around looking to clean someone up!.

by Mr Beefy
Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Central Division

I hope Mt Lofty have their Boxing Gloves ready if they are thinking of Joining an Amateur Division that low...... at that level its only about 20% actual football the rest is just fights and thugs running around looking to clean someone up!.

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/236x/b0/34/bb/b034bba7898c08bdec85777bd2dfa4a1.jpg
by zedman
Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Magpies Are Now The AFL Power Reserves

Isn't it just a name change from Magpies to Power? The guernsey will change but it wont be the first time in Port Adelaide's history that the colours of their guernsey has changed
Essendon were the 'Dons before being known as the Bombers.
Fitzroy went from being known as the Maroons to the Gorillas to the Lions before amalgamating with Brisbane.
Richmond were the Wasps prior to being known as the Tigers.
Yes the Magpies might be dead but the Port Adelaide Footy Club will live on, and isn't that who people support?
Nah, I used to think that till proven wrong. The PAFC changed their name to the PAMFC so a new entity "the power" could use their business name.
The PAMFC is virtually dead and buried now by its own artificial creation, its a bit like Battlestar Galactica with the Cylons created by the humans all but wiping the makers out.
Or Frankenstein to a degree too.

The PAFC is the club that has been in existence since 1870 right, so that's still alive and kicking, albeit in a Power guernsey now. The PAMFC was a short lived club with its history dating all the way back to 1999 right? That was until they amalgamated with the PAFC to create the "One Club".

Magpies or Power, its still the Port Adelaide Football Club
by Fricky
Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Magpies Are Now The AFL Power Reserves

Isn't it just a name change from Magpies to Power? The guernsey will change but it wont be the first time in Port Adelaide's history that the colours of their guernsey has changed
Essendon were the 'Dons before being known as the Bombers.
Fitzroy went from being known as the Maroons to the Gorillas to the Lions before amalgamating with Brisbane.
Richmond were the Wasps prior to being known as the Tigers.
Yes the Magpies might be dead but the Port Adelaide Footy Club will live on, and isn't that who people support?
Nah, I used to think that till proven wrong. The PAFC changed their name to the PAMFC so a new entity "the power" could use their business name.
The PAMFC is virtually dead and buried now by its own artificial creation, its a bit like Battlestar Galactica with the Cylons created by the humans all but wiping the makers out.
Or Frankenstein to a degree too.

Interesting point made there. The AFL certainly is big business and football clubs from grassroots country clubs to AFL clubs are run as such,as a business.

But a business (in the main) does not involve the passion and warfare created by football clubs.Some do,but not many. So for people on the outside looking in, the business has changed names and no longer represents what it previously did. Or does it?

For those on the inside, with a passionate vested interest, many things remain the same. I don't believe (and show me any letter head you want,I dont care) that the Magpies are dead. Sure, the line up of players changes, but that does pretty much every year anyway.

Sure the ultimate goal of the Magpies new structure is to best develop players for AFL football, but Garry Hocking and the players who take the field for the Magpies at SANFL level will be out there to win games, make no mistake. The Magpies, wearing black and white in the SANFL are Norwoods greatest foe, they have won more SANFL premierships than anyone else.

Many things have changed, many things have not.
by Booney
Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2014

What a disgrace, the Crows do not represent the State. They are only doing it to piss off Port. The SA jumper should not be used in a petty tit for tat fight.
by Jim05
Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows Disgrace

What a completely irrelevant piece of prose.
by Wedgie
Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 7 2014

Lightning McQueen wrote:Oh come on, the only way that anyone will get within 10 goals of Smithfield is if it snows on a Saturday afternoon!

or someone gets suspended and they lose a bunch of premiership points ;)
by Q.
Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Clubs in strife

I played in a C grade game against Fitzroy a few years ago under lights at their ground. Atmosphere was huge and it was a good experience. But saying that, it does give the home club the advantage to drop B grade players into the c grade to improve their side. Especially for teams needing to win to play finals.
Was that when you were playing for Para Hills? ;)

Every club will do what they feel is needed to get the most success they can, if you can afford to have players playing below their ability and get away with it then good on you, dont see an issue with it.
by Phantom Gossiper
Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL division 6 2014

Mawson Lakes (7th) v Lockleys (5th)
Match of the round for me. Couple of interesting clashes between the top 4 sides this week, but with Fitzroy and Central United having matches they should win comfortably, it adds to the enormity of the outcome of this match.

Mawson Lakes a pre-season favourite amongst a lot of people have struggled so far - granted they have played the top sides - but they quickly need to turn it around. Travis Uern going down on the weekend will hurt them, hopefully he isnt far off a return.

Lockleys have struggled for consistency so far since losing a few of their better players over summer. They have an opportunity to consolidate their position in the 5 if they can win, and are a tougher unit at home, but should they lose, they will likely be leap frogged by Fitzroy and suddenly only be a game ahead of Lakes and Units.
You obsessed with Mawson Lakes or what??

Rosewater (1st) v Ingle Farm (2nd)......Pretty sure this is your Match of the Round :roll:
Agree with Riddler 1v2 qualifies as match of the round.

Gents I would hate to point the obvious but clearly Phantom is using the line 'Flying under the radar' and putting it in to practice as opposed to posting it on facebook. Ingle farm are clearly going along as well as anyone in the comp sitting 2nd clearly states that BUT I still cant see anyone getting over the top of Rosewater I guess the margin Saturday will determine how far or close the Farmers are.........

Surely Writey gets a game this week 2 bags in a row!
Apparently margin doesn't mean much but shots on goal does.....
by Arch44
Mon May 12, 2014 4:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

morell wrote:I didn't say they were unbeatable, but if the odds were juicy enough I'd have a tipple on them going through without dropping one.

morell wrote:It's all irrelevant. No-one is beating Rosewater. Unless they all get on a plane and crash into a mountain or something.

:shock: 8)
by zedman
Mon May 12, 2014 4:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 2 2014

Watcher, I just brought a really soggy Franger you don't know anything about that do you? Lol ;)
by carey
Tue May 13, 2014 9:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

All those in favor of bringing Phantom back just click the like button.
by Yank Man
Mon May 26, 2014 2:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 1 2014

I wonder if Uni will advocate no side employment agreements along with their no payment platform in the Advertiser this morning
by jo172
Thu May 29, 2014 9:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well all this discussion about the weekends D6 and D6R results is taking away from arguably the greatest execution of a football plan and strategy..

Mawson Lakes - so good has their radar avoiding prowess been, they've managed to fly so low they made the C4 grand final! No easy feat - and you all laughed at them! 8)
by Phantom Gossiper
Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port 2014 - Pre-Season/General Discussion

I think the AFL landscape has changed in the last 6-8 years. The likes of Geelong, Sydney and Hawthorn have shown by getting to the pinnacle you become an attractive destination for coaches and players alike, from this you can pick and choose the recruits you take and maintain a level of consistency.

Look at 15 years ago how freakish the Brisbane run was viewed, even the Sydney / West Coast era of 05/06 was seen as unusual for teams to have repeat visits to the top 4. Now it's expected.
by Booney
Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 6 - 2015

Oh ffs, they are not even close to folding....

They had an entire C grade capable of stepping up to a-grade next year :D
by Q.
Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 4 - 2015

so the question is what happen at hope valley last night and did they vote to go into div 3 or stay in div 4 ??????

come on footy chick spill

Buggered if I know, I"m not at Hope Valley anymore.

I couldn't see them voting to go up though, FWIW.

Why would any club not want to play as higher division as possible?? As most know, it is pretty hard to make a grand final and go up a division (just ask golden grove), so when it is handed to you on a plate why not take it? Your club may not be in a position to challenge or play finals in the higher division, but still it is worth a shot.

Seems to be the culture of the Ammos, success against weaker clubs is seen as more meritorious than competing against stronger clubs.

Never trust, believe or have any confidence in someone who uses generalised, blanket statements in response to diverse, dynamic and often complex issues.
by jo172
Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Diary of some pregnant blokes

Fantastic news MBK- congratulations and best wishes to you both!
by valleys07
Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

2015 Hogg Shield Information and Q&A Thread

Gidday viewers. Time for a Hogg Update.

What is the Hogg Shield?

The Hogg Shield is a multi-divisional set of leagues that plays Supercoach fantasy AFL. The Hogg Shield is named after former and sometimes still playing Cricketer Bradley George Hogg. It was set up by a bunch of board IT types who should have been working. The first (AFL) Hogg was run in the 2007 season.

As each year passed more and more divisions were added and last season we had 122 coaches (plus two automatic Journo entries) take part.

Seeded pre-season invites

Already posted are threads for each Hogg League for 2015. The leagues are listed in seeded order based on that team's 2014 SuperCoach score. Please note that these pre-season league lists are provisional. In the event that any coach does not wish to enter the Hogg then the highest ranked team from the league below will be invited to fill that spot.

It is possible to be 'leapfrogged' by coaches who might have been in a lower league than you last season if they outscored you. If someone 'leapfrogs' you they are not taking your place in a higher league, they are taking the place of a team that has dropped out. A big candidate to leapfrog this year is Adelaide Crows who outscored everyone in the Hogg last year. It is not possible for a team to be automatically promoted into Premier League if they have not participated in Hogg Division I.

If you were relegated last year you won't be sent down a further division just because someone outscored you last year in a lower Division.

Keep your eyes open in the league threads and on your PM box or email accounts because the invites will be flying thick and fast once SuperCoach opens in February.

New and Returning Coaches

If you have been in the Hogg before your seeding will be based on your last recorded score for the season. Returning coaches will be placed in the highest available league and can be promoted up to Hogg Division I .

If you are a new Hogg coach please PM me with your 2014 SuperCoach score (if applicable). I don't need to know how many years you have played or what position you were ranked, just the final score. New coaches who have played before can be promoted as high as Hogg Division IV . If you are a SuperCoach rookie then you will be placed in Hogg Division VI (or V if we don't get enough coaches this season).

Captain my Captain!

The Hogg works better when there isn't a 'REB' team in every division. I lose too many Grand Finals and frankly, it's embarrassing! ;) I will need someone captains for the following divisions..

Hogg Division I
Hogg Division III
Hogg Division V

All you need to do is post weekly results, what everyone's score is for the season to date and what the league ranking is. If you want you can do some writeups and such if you are a mad keen SC tragic like myself.

I'm a lazy man, Roger! (Deadlines and Cutbacks)

In the past we have had a Hogg Deadline and I've sent out countless emails to try and get coaches to sign up to the Hogg in order to get the comp to grow. Right now I don't care how big the Hogg is and I'd be happy with a few less leagues to be honest. This season I've decided to scrap Champions League because about twelve teams are in Hogg Elite and Hogg Champions. The Hogg Elite league has pretty much replaced the Champions league.

As for the deadline, this will be about seven days before the final lockout. If you have not taken your invite by then it will be offered to the person with the highest ranking from the league below (see above). However, if any new coaches want to join there will always be room but get your shit together folks because I'm not chasing anyone this year.

OK Chaps and chapesses, now I'm off to try and figure out what to do with my backline! Good luck in the Hogg in 2015.

regards

REB
by Rik E Boy
Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

the milky bar kid wrote:I'm seeing more users teams listed as St Pauls, does this mean that they are hangover selections from 2010? Pisstakes? Defections?

100% serious
by Q.
Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 4 - 2015

tootsie wrote:
Also have heard Jason Dolan has spoken to both Brahma Lodge and Houghton $$$$

Jason isn't after money.

He just wants to be loved.
by Q.
Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

I love it that i've gotten under your skin so much, that you actually waste your time with this. It's also amazing that you haven't tried to defend that so call hero cop after the article about him.

Yeah you've got me, I can't handle it ... faark me, you've taken stupid to a whole new level.

I'm stupid? Your the one that's wasted time to make a sign to call me a moron on a forum, might want to check who the stupid one is.

https://disenchantedscholar.files.wordpress.com/2014/04/too-stupid-to-insult.gif
by woodublieve12
Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 7 - 2015

me reading this thread today

by Q.
Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

RIP Everybody in FC's street
by Johno6
Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cars

unfortunately guys, if you want your cars to be on the historic scheme, they basically cant be modified at all. and as far as i am aware, that includes brakes and suspension :( its only normally where factory parts are no longer available that a suitable period replacement can be allowed

its not regency that you have to convince either, its the car club you join. they inspect it and issue a certificate to state that it meets the requirements, and as the whole club could lose its certification under the historic vehicle scheme (and therefore all the members will lose their historic status) they dont normally bend the rules for anyone.

basically, if you are considering historic reg, approach the car club you have in mind and have a chat to them about it. they will have someone there that is all up to date on the rules and can help you out (if the club is certified as a historic vehicle club with the registrar of motor vehicles). there is also a code of practice available for historic vehicles from here: http://www.sa.gov.au/topics/transport-travel-and-motoring/motoring/vehicles-and-registration/vehicle-types-and-specifications/historic-left-hand-drive-and-street-rod-vehicles
as well as codes of practice for left hand drive vehicles and street rod vehicles. dont get me started on the hipocrisy of historic vehicles having to be stock and street rod vehicles having to be modified for them to be eligible......

anyway, very nice cars anyway guys. whatever you decide to do with them i hope they bring you much happiness :)

That's annoying.
I understand why the rules were brought in (to stop excessively rodded vehicles being hidden under historic rego), but it's another ridiculous rule in regards to historic cars being registered in our state. Other states have a common sense approach, sadly ours doesn't. :evil:

there has been pressure recently to intorduce a "street machine" type of category, for those that have a vehicle that is modified and also may not get driven very often, however it has so far been resisted by the transport dept. it was even looked at during the last update of the code of practice that certain mods be allowed for historics, safety things such as the brakes and suspension stuff mentioned here, but even that was knocked on the head.

personally i wouldnt have a problem with allowing either a new category (street machines ?) or allowing greater leeway for historics, but from what i have heard, i wouldnt hold my breath. :(
by tipper
Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gaelic Football in South Australia

I ill be rooting for you lads in your first final. Best of luck.

As for the bottom 3. Firstly I refuse to call it a div 2 finals series as we don't have two divisions. We have one 7 team State league. If you are not good enough to make the top 4 you are not playing finals. You can put a hat and sunglasses on my dog and call him poppy chulo but he is still a dog and not a Mexican pimp daddy no matter how much you dress it up.

I cannot speak for my club as I hold no official capacity any more and I cant speak for Flinders but I am tipping that Irish Australians will win their first piece of silverware or key ring by forfeit. I'm not sure of either of those two clubs are going to be competing in what is nothing more than exhibition matches. I feel for Flinders as for years they have come up with ideas to try and make their existence and our competition more viable. The idea of a home ground round at Kilburn among one of the better ideas that got shut down due to lack of vision.

So we now move into a 3 week finals series after playing a 12 game season. There in lies a structural problem. I believe the season needs to be changed to its original format. For Mens something like...
Oct-December - every team plays there 6 opponents and a Pre Xmas 1 v 2 GF for the Farnham Cup
Janurary - March - same structure with a two week final series for the Hannigan Cup. Hannigan Cup Final to be as close to possible to St. Pats day and not 9 days before.

Other ideas just to throw some out there ;
Eliminate the byes. Once a season your club will need to play a Friday and Sunday game.
Get a trainer at the ground. We cant keep running a competition and praying for divine intervention.
Recruit some umpires from the SANFL and SAAFL and have the ump co-ordinator train them.
Remove the ground duties
Make the venue more family friendly
Bring back the Friday night St. Brendan's disco
Take some of the $130,000 in the bank and spend it on the game and the competition
Chase some sponsors
Change some of the farcical rulings we adhere to from above and grow a set of nuts and make some State based decisions that will facilitate growth and stabilize development in our game

A lot of this is easier said than done but our competition often resembles a ghost town and some positive change needs to occur.
by wristwatcher
Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

but considering the SAAFL keeping using CGraders to keep their bottom placed Agrade clubs alive in div 7, they consequently see a falling participation rate where CGraders cant be f##ked playing AGraders and as youve seen in the last 1.5 years the league has lost dgrade sides from

Broadview
TTG
Sacred Heart
Flinders Park
Salisbury (didnt face agraders)
and now possibly henley

the SAAFL structure must be changed cos its pushing players away and in business when customers are walking away, youve got a problem

That would make sense, except for:

ROCS
TTG
PNU
PACOC (up to a 5th and 6th side)
Hope Valley
Old Ignatians
Unley

all expanding sides in the past 12 months.
by jo172
Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The answer is several. Which goes to show that 'waxing and waning' of C/D teams happens regardless of what Division they're in.
I've got a cool idea, they should group all the clubs that can accommodate 4 teams and have something like a C & D Grade "superleague".

Logistics of a 14 team superleague while having a 6 team a Grade League seems a bit silly. Especially when lots of teams in the SuperLeague would be of the same standard as the A Grade League
by jo172
Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gaelic Football in South Australia

The rugby oval at the old victoria park racecourse would be an ideal venue
by Neville Bartoss
Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

No marbles in D7??!!

by Q.
Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think its time for them to just leave div 6 and 7 how they are now and everyone move on to start talking about the season ahead, instead of a never ending change of gradings for clubs
by BZB27
Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The talk is to have a 19 round season with top four making finals and playing a 3 week finals series. And in one of the rounds have 3 teams have a bye so everyone plays the same amount of games. Its what the adelaide plains league do from what ive been told.

I wrote this like 3 hours ago.
by BZB27
Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ever chased a hot girl, finally manage to cut her from the herd, have some fun and tick some boxes, brag to your mates and get some high fives ... only to realise that there really isn't that much there and to keep maintaining the relationship would be costly and not that beneficial for anyone involved?
by morell
Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015: 7 Pure A-Grade Divisions

It's ok, we won't have to worry about him for a while.

by Footy Chick
Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015: 7 Pure A-Grade Divisions

You are just so, so, so wrong.

You sound exactly like someone who has only every been at a struggling club and not experienced both sides of the coin.... oh wait...

In 2009 we were effectively in Div 5 (Edwardstown leaving bumped us back up), we effectively had 2 teams (the Cs were all fill ins and were lucky to kick a goal). In 2015 we are Div 2 and have 4 sides.

The off field working of our club is absolutely chalk and cheese. What you have said disregards the hard work done by so many at my club and others.

Ditto, in 2010 (our last Div 1 stint) we were all intents and purposes down to two sides.

To suggest that where we've got to now is a result of pure geography, coincidence and good fortune is a tad insulting to some people who have put in some very hard work.
by jo172
Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015 Divison 6 Tipping

the milky bar kid wrote:Round 2
Mawson Lakes v Bye

Huge call this one :D
by cossi11
Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

the milky bar kid wrote:I had to take off straight after the game unfortunately, which robbed me of the opportunity to meet the forums own Zedman.

Wait.. hope you at least shook hands :lol:
by The Bedge
Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just seems to me they are gradually eliminating their perceived "problem" clubs:
Wingfield Royals
Ovingham
Paralowie
Kaurna Eagles/Glandore
TransAdelaide Tigers
Salisbury Central
Ferryden Park
Mile End Cats
Woodville District
Westfields
Taperoo
Royal Park
The Parks
Croydon

Perhaps to come:
North Pines
Salisbury West
Smithfield
Central United
Mitchell Park
Brahma Lodge
Eastern Park
Angle Vale
West Croydon
Ingle Farm
Elizabeth

Anyone who may make the Old Scholars Cartel feel a little uncomfortable will gradually be eliminated.
Trolling 101 with LGIL :D
by The Bedge
Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

the milky bar kid wrote:Interesting pending clearance as of last night :shock:

I think the number of Div 7 news breaking/controversial posts could be set to lift significantly!

From Pooraka to Houghton?
by Lightning McQueen
Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 1 - 2015

PNU 2 wins from 3 are looking goods too for the div 1 new comers

All PNU knows is that last time PNU was in Div 1 it took them 18 rounds to get that second win. A lot more fun so far!

What a two wins they were tho ;)

PNU 2015 variety would beat PNU circa 2010 by about 12 goals. Especially on the wings ;)
by wristwatcher
Mon May 04, 2015 5:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

morell wrote:
marbles wrote:Adam goodes
:lol: :lol: :lol:

He prefers Abraham.

I can tell you he's a fan of your work marbles!

takes the count up to one.
by Lightning McQueen
Tue May 12, 2015 9:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kane Cornes' book

Surprised, very selfish
Not sure I wold say someone attempting to enter a career where saving lives is the #1 priority as selfish.

I did hear he missed the North game a few weeks back due to an exam or test of some kind. The AFL and it's clubs can't go on about how hard life is after football for players, and then block guys close to retirement who are trying to sort their post-football lives out.
by Pag
Wed May 13, 2015 4:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: C4 - season 2015

In their defence, a number of their blokes tried to stop him so it isn't the whole team or club
by Mr Beefy
Wed May 13, 2015 6:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Why did he commit himself to this season then? Im sure it just hasn't happened in the last month. He has denied a youngster being brought into the club and starting his career. When things get tough this year can other players just quit also?
To be fair, it's hard to know where his thought process was at at the start of the year - he may well have been committed to the full year and beyond, but as the season got closer and begun perhaps that passion has dropped away.

People retire all the time from AFL football, often suddenly and mid-season, no one bats an eyelid and celebrate their career yet he's being selfish?

If he turned around and announced his retirement and said his body couldn't handle it anymore, no one would care... if he then joined the firies a week later no one would care.. but because he's announced a change in career he's selfish?!
by The Bedge
Thu May 14, 2015 10:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Anyone else changing jobs wouldn't be a problem for anyone. Why is it when its an AFL footballer.

He's given notice. They don't have to pick him.

Brent Reilly retired yesterday, with no notice. How selfish!!
by HH3
Thu May 14, 2015 4:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Cheers to PG and his Bgrade yesterday for the beers after the game and helping us out with a boundary umpire.
by Arch44
Sun May 31, 2015 2:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Mass debate with Morell

Some players are individually focused, others feed off the intensity they expel and others feed off the intensity expelled by other players. Constant vocal banter is a good thing even if it does nothing for a portion of the group.
by Q.
Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 1 - 2015

What was the result in the Clint Dow Cup?
Payneham were up by 6 goals in 2nd qtr. TTG fought back and hit front in last qtr, but Payneham too strong by about 4 goals in the end.

Wow PNU certainly one of the surprise packets of the SAAFL this season. Once next round is done we will have a top team (Goodwood/PNU) followed by a very competitive 5-6 teams. I know it's cliche, but anyone can beat anyone on their day in this exciting division.
From the games I have managed to watch, I would say everyone from Districts up could play off in the grand final. It is THAT tight this year!

Agree completely. Big Milne has been influential in the falcons winning streak but the core group that has won premierships the last couple years has only improved again this year. Small forward Paul Lowe was magnificent on the weekend, 4 very special last quarter goals. This week will be huge. Don't think the falcons have ever won at Goodwood. No doubt the falcons will go in underdogs but surely they have proved by now they can match it with anyone. Will be an absolute cracker this weekend.

Bullshit. Won the last game they played there.

(and what a glorious day it was bird of prey and the milky bar kid )
by jo172
Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 8 - 2015

imapeacock wrote:who do you guys think is the best player in this div? my money is on James Bell from NPU the bloke is an absolute gun can play every position, very much like Blicvas should be playing higher much higher.

Good to see you have finally got off Tinder and got yourself an account Dinga :)
by Happy Endings
Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |