The Sleeping Giant wrote: nip.
by Sheik Yerbouti
Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

And this ad was played. Awesome.

5k0JEc0arOQ
A clever advertisement that will drag some people and their money in.
The theories of Scientology are always good for a laugh, though, and I have most of L. Ron Hubbard's honest science fiction output on my bookshelves, but the Dianetics and being a Thetan stuff is too far out for me!

Got me in, you get the cups & I'll grab some Kool Aid.
by Sheik Yerbouti
Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Should mull be legalized for medicinal use?

Does smashing Bundy cans apply?
by Sheik Yerbouti
Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Junior Football

If anyone has an issue PM me anytime, the Mods do a great job in their own time and are the reason this is such a great site.
If you have issues with anything/anyone take it out on me and pm me to discuss.
Cheers.

Piss off hopalong FC already done the dirty work, jumping in for the glory.
Get back to moderating the IT 13yo oriental texting thread.
by Sheik Yerbouti
Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL division 6 2014

Junior coach wrote:Hi guys i am new to this site. Is there a tipping comp in this grade that i can join and does it cost anything to join.

Yes $200, just hand it onto the old junior secretary from last year.
by Sheik Yerbouti
Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Not pushing the confirm button with Port 1-39 in the bet box.
by Sheik Yerbouti
Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Any trampoline installed on my turf will result in removal of lawn & trampoline launched over back fence for that stupid dog to mangle.
by Sheik Yerbouti
Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Junior Football

The umpires can & should stop the game when there's any of that rot, give the team manager 1 warning that if swearing or abusing the umpires/players continues the game is forfeited & the opposing team wins. Seen it done before, works a treat.
by Sheik Yerbouti
Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Hawthorn v Port

Well, at the start of the year I pencilled this one in as a must see, perhaps my Melbourne trip for the year, now I’m looking to palm off two tickets for this week’s FNF as the Hawks host the Power in a match up of 3rd and 12th. Drive 1400kms, drink Carlton Draught and blow $500 at the Crown for this? I don’t think so. I’ll sit home and watch it on the box and if standard operating procedure is adhered to I’ll fall asleep just after Hamish interviews this week’s Auskicker of the week and wake up when it’s so cold on the lounge that I can’t bear it anymore.

This would give anyone the ultra shits.
by Sheik Yerbouti
Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2016

Where's the 47 page write up?
by Sheik Yerbouti
Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

No review this week.
by Sheik Yerbouti
Thu May 19, 2016 4:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The reviews & game day threads are something else during & after a loss.
Had Hickley sacked ON THE SPOT 3 minutes into the last quarter, all of them just about.
I really want to meet these people, their a different breed.
by Sheik Yerbouti
Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Booney wrote:On another note, it pisses me off to hear people shit can Hinkley and the coaching staff.

Must be reading the review (or last 10 pages of the game day thread) on Big Footy.
by Sheik Yerbouti
Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Thank god Triple M changed back to classic rock as opposed to the 90s bogan rock playlist it had for a while. Probably realised most of their listeners were in jail for domestic violence.
Rule of thumb at work, 3rd song by either U2, INXS or Jimmy Barnes radio changed to 1323. The younguns protest this & demand Fresh gets a go, yeah rightio :roll:
by Sheik Yerbouti
Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: General tv discussion thread - good, bad, axings etc etc

Up to ep4 season 2.
The cop coming back from Spain certainly got the banditos jumping.
Thanks Wedgie for the heads up.
by Sheik Yerbouti
Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

The rules of this forum have really turned to shit
by Sheik Yerbouti
Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL starting women's league in 2017

whufc wrote: It was also noted that soccer had seen even further growth in the women's game

Well stated, spot on.
by Sheik Yerbouti
Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Save the Tigers

Spargo wrote:
Magellan wrote:
Sheik Yerbouti wrote:& the win was more than 85/6 combined.

I wish that were the case SY, but IIRC the margin in 1985 was 57 points, and 1986 was 48 points. :-B

Plus the 7 pts from '73 ;)

haha yeah the 45 minute last quarter, bastards.
by Sheik Yerbouti
Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9AFL Division 5 - 2017

I like their recruit no.5 on their Facebook page
by Sheik Yerbouti
Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rumour re Media Coverage

So by going by this bleak post SA footy will be closing its doors
Or am I reading your gloom and doom the wrong way
Cause all the people or most of them that are saying gloom and doom do they actually go to sanfl games any more ?
Guess if one doesn't attend one shouldn't say it's dead could be dead maybe it is but if people keeping crying it's dead with out going how do they actually know ? Just asking .
Not trying to have an argument but if honestly how do people know first hand if they aren't at games .
SAFooty has a very active amateurs board too Micky
From what I've read before, traffic is good elsewhere on the forum. Only SANFL boards are quieter than previous years which would support Locky's statement somewhat.
So John why not close down that area of sa footy cause guys saying doom and gloom is crap reading
You are or we're a north fan
From what I've seen north lose games in a row north fans stay away win a few games fans come out of the wood work .
Eagles have a smaller fan base the same numbers turn up win or don't win
The AFL seconds that's a bad thing to say port Adelaide play the Eagles at oval ave basically no port fans can drive that far . Game at Alberton many port fans who couldn't drive five minutes up the road .
We can all say doom and gloom
But if you can't actually get to the game live too far away can't be bothered to drive five minutes up the road or hate the AFL in the comp.
If you don't attend how can you actually say it's dying with out going and watching
That's my point
Attend then say it's dead
Don't go why beat your chest and yell doom and gloom

is that you Dog-ger??

He does know Johnny Pops lives somewhere north of the Scottish Highlands no?
by Sheik Yerbouti
Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rumour re Media Coverage

Id never put a radio on in a pub but can quite easily have my phone on muted.

In 86 the bloke who worked for me got married on the 2nd semi final, most of the people attending were from Kapunda & the west coast, almost all North barrakers. The racket that went up after every goal while the ceremony was on shit the bride no end.
My own wedding was on Cox Plate day, could just hear the priest over the earphones listening to the Group 1's.
Moral of the story..........Take at least a mild interest in your wedding preparations.......
by Sheik Yerbouti
Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Round 3

Wedgie wrote:North with the bye, good opportunity to see my lad play at my old home ground at Old Noarlunga.

Ha, good to see that Uncle Peteys lecture & beating paid off
by Sheik Yerbouti
Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 10

How can anyone hang shit on Dixon, Trengove Grey or Jaspys last quarter **** ups, which combined were less than 90% worse than that imbecilic hack cough up by Mills which hit Hardwick on the chest in that last 2 minutes ? He was standing on his own no swans player within cooee.

(.........this may or may not have been influenced by a Cats Swans multi)
by Sheik Yerbouti
Sat May 27, 2017 12:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The meh/not good/not bad movies

JK wrote:
Sheik Yerbouti wrote:Watch it again, much better 2nd viewing.

Took me 4 or 5 resumptions to get through it once, be a while before I give another go I reckon mate

Took me 6 months but glad I did
by Sheik Yerbouti
Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sydney Swans

I have a bet on for Sydney to finish top 4, and wondering whether to cash out early or hold fire. Maybe hold on for another week, hope they beat the Saints, then re-assess
Have the same @ 16's. Cash out isnt flash, it's top 4 after major round, no?

I'll have to check but pretty sure it's minor round

It is, just checked
by Sheik Yerbouti
Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Port won 30 flags pre 91 & 1 playing in the upper echelon. Those 30 flags should be counted as that was the highest level they could play at.
Don't think they can claim those 6 flags after 91 on their AFL History.
by Sheik Yerbouti
Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 21

Was in Melbourne this weekend for a couple of games.
Things you see live.
If I was a Swan, Geelong or Crows supporter I'd be very nervous of the GWS they are a dead set machine, the pressure they apply forced the Dogs to panic into submission all over the ground, & this without Cameron & Mumford.
The Victorian media obsession with the Port supporters leaving early is ironic when you see the on the bridge leaving Ethiad chock a block with red blue & white colours at 3/4 time.
Eddie Betts stats said he had a shocker but jeez he does some good unnoticed shit off the ball.
If you want to comment on any clubs fans being uneducated & feral just stand in front of the Locker Room on an Essendon home game. Like a homeless KKK rally. Haven't heard threats or outright racism like that since the Collingwood cheer squads in the early 80's made banana girl look like Nelson Mandela.
by Sheik Yerbouti
Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 23 - This is it

saintal wrote:Who wins tonight?

Took the draw at $61 tinfoil hat prediction with the retirements.
Also took the draw Cats/GWS @ $67 just can't pick it.
$4,087 the combination.
by Sheik Yerbouti
Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Grand Final Tickets

On that subject (& good luck with that duncs)
How many of the Crowies on this site are going? & if not, why not?
Not saying you have to but just interested as to the supporters reasons for their decisions.

Went over in 98, decided on the Friday morning, left after work, not a Crows supporter but my mate is so I went along for the experience.
Had no ticket, no accommodation, almost no car (stole the missus).
Left Friday night, stayed at Bordertown, mate remembered a uni classmate who lived there & took the punt even though he hadn't seen him in 15 years, lucked in there. The guy dropped us in Flinders st, on the way in some girl offered us a ticket for a hunge, took that & got another from a scalper near the queue where they line up for the missing MCC members, thought that was where the scalpers would hang. He wanted $600 for 2 but we reasoned with him that when the gates on that queue opened he could be left with no takers so he sold us the one for $300.
Found out later that Bill Sanderson was handing out tickets at the parade.

Just saying, it's worth the punt to head over, even if you luck out the atmosphere around Melbourne is electric & you can watch it at the cas, Federation square or a number of big screen pubs.
by Sheik Yerbouti
Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Netflix

Just finished season 2/2 of Animal Kingdom, and definitely recommend. Reminds me a lot (in its own way) of SOA - you can pick holes in it, but there's some great twists and turns and trying to work out who to trust is more than difficult. First season was enjoyable, but 2nd season was brilliant. Not as gritty or measured as the Ozarks, but for purely entertainment value I didn't find much between them.

Thought the first 6 eps were a bit slow but it did pick up late & well worth the watch.
by Sheik Yerbouti
Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Celebrity Casualties

Great comedian, that sucks
by Sheik Yerbouti
Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

LPH wrote:04/11/2017 (Posted Wednesday 7:40pm)
Box Trifecta: 1, 2, 3, 6, 10

Thanks for that
by Sheik Yerbouti
Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Melbourne Cup

Bump. Even though Im not a fan of it just reealised i wont be working on MC Day for the first time in over 20 years (except for onr year i was in Thailand and slept through it) so might as well as get pissed somewhere. Any suggestions/invitations or are most locals fun on these days too?

The flute, they will come to you.
by Sheik Yerbouti
Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

Booney wrote:Any :

Tree loppers? 1 big gum, 1 small gum, 2 palms to be removed.

Builder/handyman? Need laundry ceiling removed, walls and ceiling gyprocked, painted.

Gum Nuts, & they remove the stump properly. Brad 0404545878
by Sheik Yerbouti
Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

Working a few houses away from Dave Granger, Mad as a cut snake but some great stories, doesn't hold back.
by Sheik Yerbouti
Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Office workers are the new ANZACS of our great land.
by Sheik Yerbouti
Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2018

Jaspy.jpg
Sarah Jessica Pittards gone from Game of Thrones extra to a character from Sex & the City
by Sheik Yerbouti
Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Netflix

Does she get em out?
by Sheik Yerbouti
Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Got on back in October @ $13 when the new signings were mooted
by Sheik Yerbouti
Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you are looking forward to

Wedgie wrote:The Sheik's getting all bit old but we still love him in a senile uncle sort of way. ;)

Gimmee my trinkets & muscats back
by Sheik Yerbouti
Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Let's sift through the fifth

Wedgie wrote:
Wedgie wrote:
bennymacca wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Can see the Crows doing alright in Sydney too.

I can’t

Apologies. I have no idea.

Game went as expected. 1/1 for the weekend so far.

You do realise knucklehead that the only people who picked or backed Adelaide were those who got there pet llamas to spit on the paper tips & pick off that?
by Sheik Yerbouti
Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Port defeated WC away past 2 meets, WC won past 3 in Adelaide v Port. Something to be learnt from the Sydney Kardinnia Park form?

We haven't played at Optus yet... ;)

On Optus, lots of noise coming from players saying it's as hard as Etihad is to recover from.

Barstards, took the boosted $3.65 earlier in the week & then they pick Sarah Jesssica in the team. Should blow to $5 now.
by Sheik Yerbouti
Fri May 04, 2018 4:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

Long way from yours but weather permitting I've got the brick saw set up at Prospect today. 9 Albert St if your desperate.
Go wake the prick up at #26
haha yeah have done that before trying to get mini up for work.
& Dutchy, Marion Sand & Metal have a saw set up in their yard from memory, might charge you a couple of bucks to cut it.
by Sheik Yerbouti
Fri May 04, 2018 4:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Legs 11

Big Footy Port forum.
''watts and motlop were a mistake
wingard clearly wants out
ryder has one more year in him. He needs support next year and a replacement in train
dixon's season has been ruined by the ruck role
wines can't kick a footy and should be traded to begin our rebuild''

Don't ever change
by Sheik Yerbouti
Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Collingwood

A good weekend is when the Pies win.
A very good weekend is when both Adelaide sides lose and the Pies win.
An even better weekend is when both Adelaide sides lose, the Pies win and we're ahead of them both on the ladder. Really excited about QBD game now, should be a ripper

Over there this weekend with my 19 & 24 yo lads.
Booked the QB game tickets yesterday will be a decent crowd.
by Sheik Yerbouti
Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2018 AFL Season

St Kilda has slashed ticket prices in an attempt to boost the attendance at Friday night's clash with Carlton at Etihad Stadium. Adult general admission tickets will be reduced from $25 to $13 during a sale period beginning on Thursday morning.

The Saints are using the AFL's dynamic ticketing system to drop the prices of premium tickets behind the goals on level two from $75 to $45. They will also open extra bays for general admission members to sit on level one rather than level three.

Saints play next Friday night as well against the Tigers.
If they put up flights, accommodation and a good book to read during the game they can count me in, then again, it doesn't even have to be a good book, as long as my phone is fully charged.

Let us drink from glass pint glasses & smoke darts outside in the beer garden & I'm in.
by Sheik Yerbouti
Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2018 AFL Season

We can pash in the locker room.
Jeez that used to be the ducks guts, Carlton draught glass pints, sitting around a table in front of the big screen telly with a dart fired up & the TAB screens just off the side, if you wanted it live just turn your head.
by Sheik Yerbouti
Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |