Search found 124 matches

Return

Re: BBL 2019/20

Hope @dutchy didn't get on the Heat, all time choke here

I actually layed them at $1.08 when they lost their 3rd wicket as I thought they were a chance of collapsing at that stage, when the market flipped I backed Brisbane at $2.68 thinking they could still get 44 off 38 with Burns and Cutting still in, didn't lost any $ but would have won $200 for a risk of $16 if I had held the lay :evil:

Over $3m traded at $1.03 or shorter, some horror stories out there no doubt.

I'll give ya a horror story, went to bed at 0/80 odd off 2 overs or some shit, had the Heat @ odds x 2 with Beteasy.
They offered me a $50 matched deposit last night & got them into using the 2x odds with the bonus bet.
What could be easier, Stars going for 9 straight against the pinkies, giving away money.

Put the bet on early was going out for tea, got home to see that French bloke knocking out peoples teeth in the top row.
Didn't realise that the powers that be had granted two make a wish foundation kiddies a chance of bowling at the SCG,
No major worries, Stoines is braining them & Maxi's next in.
Nope, send in the barista who should be dancing lead in Cats, two maidens later & a strike rate of under 100, wasting 18 balls along the way & she's all over.
If this was the gallops they'd have got 5 years, at least Hayden Haitana half tried to hide his incompetence.
by Sheik Yerbouti
Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cricket

Wade loses by 6 runs :( :axe:

Wells 55 ahead for the Strikers, watch Weatherald play a blinder now :evil:

Serves you right for putting up an ongoing bet when it's 10's on after the 3rd leg of the quaddie at the Albion Parks trots :D :D
(thank you Spargo for my new favourite sledge)

edit - Quick peek at Sportsbet has Weatherald @ $4 for a lay off, hopefully an easy cover.
by Sheik Yerbouti
Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Survivor: Season 22- Redemption Island *WITH SPOILERS*

New Australian ''All Stars'' started last night.
I ain't buying it.
There's no chance Shane Gould participated in that challenge, wouldn't have been able to attempt that walking over mushrooms bit, didn't show her in that whole trial. Then spent the rest of the show looking for idols like under the shelter, in the trees next to camp & dottering around like a mad cat lady muttering something about monkey politics. That's a producer elimination if there ever was.
Was that Mo Hope? really All Stars? Had to check the site to see after they showed about 3 nanoseconds of her. Won't have to worry about a story when Flakey Felicity taps on day 2.
Two chicks wearing dresses in the challengers???
by Sheik Yerbouti
Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

$6.50 Ladbrokes boosted.

Todays all up tips @ 130/1
The sheik now as rich as a Sheik
Brilliant
Took the same all up 8 days ago & thanks to Brodlach's reminder was a given.
5 nights accommodation & air fares for round 15 in Melbourne with a bit left over for an AFL punting bank all booked & paid for.
Nice to see an old Fitzroy Dad have a bit of luck after a shit Christmas, bet the Reepham was rocking last night.
The best thrill last night was my son asking before footy training if I fancied anything for the cricket, told him I had a hail mary multi that was good odds, he chucked a fiver on it so as a plumbing apprentice he won a weeks wages.
by Sheik Yerbouti
Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Spargo wrote:Mates of mine own Wotuwant, Pt Lincoln horse they’ve brought over going to go around in the first at Morphettville tomorrow.
Horse is fit & is here to win.
Thanks for that nice start to the day. Just wished I waited on the odds took the early $8.00. Your mates on the fence looked a little exited
by Sheik Yerbouti
Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Mates of mine own Wotuwant, Pt Lincoln horse they’ve brought over going to go around in the first at Morphettville tomorrow.
Horse is fit & is here to win. Thanks for that nice start to the day. Just wished I waited on the odds took the early $8.00. Your mates on the fence looked a little exited

Will be a big day now. The owners love a beer, and I mean love .
They bet as much as $13, we cleaned up.

Really well done to get the 12's, was half that price early & I had quotes to do so took what was on offer in case I forgot.
Can't bitch, gotta bank for the day. Be a swilly day for you lads now, beers & bets will be tenfold.
by Sheik Yerbouti
Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ben Asgari :

https://www.racing.com/news/2020-02-07/the-analyser---cf-orr-stakes-day

Race 5 GROUP 2 HYLAND RACE COLOURS AUTUMN STAKES (1400m)

1. Microphone

10. Lady Lupino

6. Adelaide Ace

3. Banquo

Suggested bet: Microphone to win/Lady Lupino each-way, 1x3

Race 6 GROUP 2 SCHWEPPES RUBITON STAKES (1100m)

10. Anaheed

1. Admiral's Joker

5. Age Of Chivalry

4. Bold Star

Suggested bet: Anaheed to win

Race 7 GROUP 3 SUPERGARDENS TS CARLYON CUP (1600m)

10. Miss Siska

2. Odeon

5. Guizot

4. Levendi

Suggested bet: Miss Siska to win

Race 8 GROUP 1 C.F. ORR STAKES (1400m)

3. Scales Of Justice

2. Hey Doc

10. Begood Toya Mother

11. Ringerdingding

Suggested bet: Scales Of Justice to win

Race 9 GROUP 3 MUD HOUSE ROSE BELLMAINE STAKES (1200m)

9. Sylvia's Mother

6. Bam's On Fire

7. Invictus Salute

4. Fidelia

Suggested bet: Sylvia's Mother to win

4/5 in the group races, nice going.
by Sheik Yerbouti
Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Womens comp has been fantastic and is being brilliant supported albeit free entrances.

If nothing else im glad my 3 girls now have further options/passions/sport involvement they can look at as they grow older.
Bingo, that right there.
12 years ago when my eldest went on to play seniors there were a fair few older & past players who had only daughters, they used to have a beer with us & tell me how lucky I was to be able to see my two play footy & they were stuck with a lifetime of netball & soccer clubs. Once the ammys picked up on the girls teams Fitzroy started up a couple of junior girls teams, these were players daughters who literally dragged out their netball & soccer mates to play. After a couple of years they made & won a u15s flag, these blokes who always came out & encouraged my son were in tears, they were so proud & delighted that they could experience a footy premiership with their girls, even if it was a junior c grade or whatever.
They need a goal to go for & the AFLW is just that.
by Sheik Yerbouti
Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Punting things you rate :

Marking your ticket wrong and ending up with $5e/w on Gytrash and deciding not to bother cancelling it. I was going to back Redzel, Gytrash beats Redzel home. I really must thank the red ale at Watsacowie brewery in Minlaton. :lol:

:lol:
Never change a wrongly marked ticket, they win every time (just ask the barstaff)
by Sheik Yerbouti
Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: COVID-19

How can you be so heartless to those poor bastards playing for Glenunga
by Sheik Yerbouti
Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL 2020 Season

Dutchy wrote:FWIW Handling Cash does not spread germs or the virus!

I don't handle cash off Wedgie at a pub even between epidemics
by Sheik Yerbouti
Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

Had a tree bloke trimming up the trees next door to work today at St Georges, just cleaning up an overgrown property that just sold recently for the new owner. Fit bastard only about 5'5 but built like a pit bull. Around 9 two mid 60's eco warriors come striding down the street & demand access to the property to inspect if any trees are being harmed. No, its'private property & there's h&s issue. they both huffed & puffed & threatened to call the council & the local green group (huh).
Anyhow, they both retreat to the roundabout about 5 houses down & commence to shrilly scream at him, he took 2 steps in their direction & they bolted dragging the poor Sir Charles spaniel along on his side. One snuck back & entered the job I'm on with a camera quite sure that it was his right to secure evidence over the back fence, I ordered the big 21yo centre half back labourer to chuck him out, ''do I smash the camera'' was the question as he picked up the club hammer. This bloke really should enter the senior olympics on his sprint, even hurdled a half pallett pf retaining wall blocks.
Not often, but just sometimes my work is really enjoyable.
by Sheik Yerbouti
Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Footy Season Format Options for 2020

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Buddys wife wrote:So you have the coach and 9 blokes on the oval that’s the limit. what happens if 4 kids decide to to come down to kick the soccer ball around, are you breaking the rules.

Surely 10 blokes can beat up 4 kids.

But 10 Soccer players couldn't beat up 4 kids
by Sheik Yerbouti
Thu May 07, 2020 4:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Now there's an all up, $8,422/1
by Sheik Yerbouti
Thu May 21, 2020 4:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Booney wrote:From Monday:
Non-contact games permitted from Mon.

Another free kick for soccer
by Sheik Yerbouti
Mon May 25, 2020 3:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 3 - #hublyfe

Please Freo keep this under 40 [-o<

My 3 last same game multis have gone.
Rockcliff 20 touches.(19)
Lynch 2 goals (misses from goal square)
Robbie Gray any time goal (runs into open goal, dribble kick, hits post)

Should have waited until Round 7 as a wise man once suggested on here.

( Thanks Mal)
by Sheik Yerbouti
Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Not sure it applies in here but my eldest got her L's this morning...any advice welcome!

Been through both boys from L's to full licence.
Wait until she waves goodbye one night on the way to training (or whatever) & you reach for your keys for the lift..........then realise they can get there themselves, worth all the angst.
by Sheik Yerbouti
Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Concerned Mum on 5AA

Walkerville is in the South West?
by Sheik Yerbouti
Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2020

If Jack Cahill just stands in the race at training with a picture of a 80's Port premiership team & drags Byrne-Jones to one side, shows him the pic & shaves that maxi pad off the back of his head the fella would win a Brownlow. Wouldn't hurt to drop the hyphen either, Port people would never allow a hyphenated name in the glory days they'd be thrashed like a red headed step child.
by Sheik Yerbouti
Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Graham Campbell Forum - AFL Punting / Same Game Mult

My $74 8-Legger missed last night by Bont not kicking a goal and English falling 2 possessions short. I know these bets are a mug's game so don't know why I keep nibbling at them lol (actually I think the answer is very clear in all of that). Same, Bont a goal & English 15 touches cost me 3 multis
by Sheik Yerbouti
Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

There was no argument, just some unwarranted abuse.
If I'm out and about on my phone and see something that deserves a ban I'll just hit the ban button and fix up the period when I get home as I did in this case, LMA got the same ban for the same reason too. Both were in August so should be back soon enough if they're apologetic and improve their behaviour. Here's a screenshot of the offending posts:

Screenshot_20200829-230102.png
Looks like a normal day at the Taj to me.
by Sheik Yerbouti
Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL COVID Lotto Competition

I missed out on Booneys 5k Balak cup comp, So go for the 10k here & say North Melbourne. 1st Goalscorer Pittard, you can't roam the streets drunk with a head like that & not be bashed.
by Sheik Yerbouti
Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Beauty, me & The Sleeping Giant have been planning a Broken Hill road trip next week in anticipation.

Nothing wrong with The Hill, great joint, may meet Chips Rafferty & John Mellion in the front bar of Marios.
You obviously haven't spent time south of the slag heap! :lol:

We used to stay in a great place just out of town over the train line on the road to Mendindee Lakes called Mulberry Vales, don't know if it's still there but it was streets ahead of anything in town when I used to work there. Used to enjoy my time there but was mainly at the musos from memory.

Worked up there 30+ years ago for 2 months, lived in the Royal Exchange, 1 bloke & 20 female staff brilliant joint. Only ventured south a couple of times for um, I really don't remember. The Musos always ended a pub crawl (when almost all the pubs were open) was either that the 2 up or the Fight Train, never ended up in hospital so must have avoided the latter.
by Sheik Yerbouti
Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Finals Week 1

Anyone see Brisbane winning tonight?

I do, Port/Brisbane have had significant advantages and also think Richmond are over-rated this year, also have to question the hunger.

Good call mate. I'm almost glad the Cats lost last night as a potential Prelim against Brisbane (if we get that far) is more appealing to me than Richmond. We seem to match up a lot better against the Lions, mind you they've been damn impressive tonight.

Better have a beer on it if you win next week.
by Sheik Yerbouti
Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |