Search found 124 matches

Return

Re: Geelong 2018

What about Baby Hueys miss from 3'' out in the 1st qtr ? Would have put Geelong well ahead instead Adelaide got a roll on.
( may or may not be talking out of my wallet after last week)
by Sheik Yerbouti
Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2018

Anyone listening to AA ? Beat the dump button
by Sheik Yerbouti
Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cricket coverage on Australian tv - ch9 lose rights

Thanks Benny, I googled all over the shop & couldn't find shit.
by Sheik Yerbouti
Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2018 Grand Final - Norwood v North Adelaide

Congrats Roosters on a great victory... fully deserved Premiership.
Was so glad I went (GF No 33), atmosphere & the game itself were superb - Banner was brilliant too.
It was up there with the best Grand Finals I've seen.

As for all the WWT & others complaining about the 'validity' & all that ... not a good look.
Heard Kurt Slaven on radio Saturday - felt like ring in & asking; "Hey Kurt, R U OK?"

P.S. Pity Skeff couldn't make it to yesterday - just missed Leicester & now North... no doubt in spirit though.
Laid his ashes out in the centre square last night, was pretty special.
by Sheik Yerbouti
Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Wedgie wrote:Trent Plucktrum getting a pass to the players show at the brewery today to watch the game again while drinking free piss with the players after the chimney unveiling! :lol:

Like that was never going to happen
by Sheik Yerbouti
Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

1 day. 4 Premierships.

Box Hill VFLW
Box Hill VFL
North Adelaide Resies
North Adelaide SANFL

Fair Day.

*Edit now I’m hearing Subiaco looking the goods in the WAFL, that’ll make it 5.
You dissed North as a tainted flag last week, so................

As a North supporter the whole thing is bloody embarrassing. Terrible way to go through to a GF. IF North win, the Premiership will always be tarnished.
by Sheik Yerbouti
Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

Sunday: Caulfield – MR 7 – The Underwood Stakes 1800m

I am a fan of Homesman as you know, having got him at $26 & $7.25 for the Caulfield Cup. As such, I am hopeful he’ll run really well in this race as a lead up. His run in the Feehan at The Valley over the Mile was great, just missing out on the win, beating a good one in Night’s Watch. This race might still be a bit short for him at 1800m, but don’t dismiss him whatever you do.

As I stated last week, Charlie Appleby & Godolphin are deadly serious about taking out our feature races this Spring – Jungle Cat’s win 1st up proved that last week. So, you have to think Blair House should be competitive in this race on Sunday – the price would suggest that Punters feel the same.

Humidor is the Class horse here IMHO. He’s 2nd only to the Greatest Mare (possibly Horse) we’ve ever seen, in terms of WFA quality. He beat Kings Will Dream here 2 starts ago, over the unsuitable 7 furlongs, & that horse is widely tipped as the Caulfield Cup likely winner. That alone has to suggest a bet in him is almost a given, with the extra 2 furlongs being suitable. He’ll get a great sight from the gate & with the rail expected to be back in the true (isn’t it?) he’ll need the same sort of luck he got in that race to get through along the fence & win. I love him as a horse but he’s again way too short for me.

Last year’s winner Bonneval is a silly price at $21 if you ask me. She’ll run well here again, particularly if the track is a bit soft after the expected rain in Melbourne over the weekend. She’s worth an early gamble at that price because I think she’ll be shorter on the day. $4.60 the place is nice little gamble ‘early doors’ too. I don’t think Comin’ Through will run a good 9 furlongs & I’m not sure Caulfield suits this horse either – more a Flemington type IMHO.

Backing: Bonneval (early) 1 x 4 Units
Box Trifecta: 2, 4, 7, 8, 9, 10 (35%) for 4 Units

)

$1347 Tri, pick 4??? 8.5k
by Sheik Yerbouti
Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Survivor: Season 22- Redemption Island *WITH SPOILERS*

Great to see Lake take that swarmy smug thing out with his line if questioning.
Gould was never going to lose that jury inquisition, had a great story line, smart operator.
by Sheik Yerbouti
Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL media

Hutch will put Off The Bench on Saturday mornings, will destroy 5aa

5AA getting KG in is the most backward step they could do. Their Saturday morning show is good and with the right hosts in there could be better. I would like Kym Dillon permanent and maybe someone high profile. Get rid of that Port media man. He turns it into a contest. Rucci of recent times "when he is not shafting the Crows" is quite on the ball.

Kym Dillon is a ******* dickhead.
Remind me to tell you a good Kym Dillon story when I next see you.
by Sheik Yerbouti
Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I rate Mr Sheik Yerbouti and his team of merry landscapers / pavers.

The lads didn't have any landscaping to do as such, but they had some paving and a small retaining wall to install and I couldn't be happier. Nothing was too much to ask for ( I had a couple of special requests ) and we had a sticky little angled patch in front of our little hut down the back that the Sheik worked out perfectly. Went above and beyond with some of the works and the boys left the yard in excellent order. Highly recommended.

Thanks Booney, couple of lessons for young players.
Do a little checking on your contractor, referrals usually a good start.
A 5 minute catch up every morning to go over any variations or query's from both sides saves a lot of bullshit later.
Tell your contractor what you want, not how to do it.

Happy to say that the client passed all 3 criteria so the result was achieved.
by Sheik Yerbouti
Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The truth about the horse that died at the Melbourne Cup
WE heard the angry mob, but the silence of others spoke volumes about the tragic circumstances surrounding the Melbourne Cup.

Jai Bednall@jaibednall

news.com.au
November 7, 201811:34am
Melbourne Cup: Cliffsofmoher put down as horse racing backlash divides the nation
MARGARET was furious.
A horse had died in the Melbourne Cup after being whipped to death — well at least that’s how she saw it — and she was in a right old state.
Margaret didn’t know much about racing. Or horses for that matter. But she was upset.
So after arriving home from the office party feeling a little bloated because she’d overdone it on the chicken skewers and pork sliders, she took off her fur coat, undid her cowhide belt and logged in to Facebook.
“I refuse to watch the Melbourne Cup ever again,” she wrote, adding a #nuptothecup hashtag that made her feel just as clever as anything.
But she wasn’t alone. Across town Susan was madly tweeting “stop the cruelty”. A few weeks earlier she’d had a tramp stamp tattooed on her back using ink that contained the charred bones of dead animals. Today she was declaring “the Melbourne Cup is for bogans”.
Steven had heard the horse was sweating before the race and despite having no background in racing immediately formed an expert opinion he knew had to be shared with the world.
“Absolute negligence by the owners, trainers and the jockey,” he wrote.
Explainer: Why horse had to be put down
Photos: Heartbreaking images of injury
Mark watched raceday revellers board his tram and silently judged them as he ran his hand through a head of hair that he knew was looking spot on because he’d used his favourite shampoo that morning. It had been tested on animals but he liked the way it made his fringe sit so he used it anyway.
How could these savages go to Flemington each year, he thought, as he sipped on an orange juice containing vitamins obtained from sheep’s wool.
As he scrolled through Instagram he saw a photo of the horse that had died at the track posted by an animal welfare group.
He double-tapped before adding RIP to the comments. It made him feel better about himself.

A sad sight. Picture: Jason EdwardsSource:News Corp Australia
Back at Flemington the veterinarians who had attended the horse on-track were inconsolable. They’d acted urgently with compassion and professionalism after realising the injury was untreatable. They didn’t speak.
The horse’s owner and trainer were shattered too. They’d loved the colt, treating it as well as any of their children since it first stepped into their lives. But after confirming the worst news imaginable, they stayed quiet.
The horse’s jockey was just as dismayed. He’d pulled up at the first sign the horse was in trouble in the hope of saving it. He didn’t speak to reporters.
The commentator who had mentioned the horse looked nervous before the race was devastated his comments had been connected to what happened next. He knew no self-respecting jockey or trainer would allow it to be loaded into the barrier if they saw any signs it wasn’t right.
But he also knew those up in arms about the situation would find something else to get outraged about within a day or two so he decided not to risk adding any fuel to the fire.
We’ll never know what the horse thought.
But you could tell by the way he used to nuzzle his head on the shoulder of his stablehand he trusted those who looked after him.
And it was clear by the way he used to get jumpy when he couldn’t join the other horses for trackwork, or the way he walked with an extra pep in his step on raceday, that he loved to race.
by Sheik Yerbouti
Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Good man, I put a knife through a soccer ball with a similar statement
by Sheik Yerbouti
Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Congratulations North Adelaide Premiers 2018

A great night at the memorial gardens opposite Prospect Oval tonight, a Grog Squad event with well over a hundred people there, we had a BBQ and had current players and ex players rock up.
A few interviews and a few speeches as well as a lot of photo opportunities with the league and reserves cup and flag, followed by a replay of the game.

Randomly heres a pic of Grenville Dietrich! :D
FB_IMG_1542369307464.jpg

That was in no way a grog squad event,
by Sheik Yerbouti
Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Pfft, mines going OS for a month in June, peak of the footy season.
by Sheik Yerbouti
Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

No daylight savings in Qld.
Admittedly I hate it in Adelaide but if any place should have it, its a touristy place like Qld.
It was almost pitch black at 7pm last night and was broad daylight at 5am this morning. :?

Visited my Aunty on the Sunshine coast a couple of years back, at 6am when I went out for a coffee the residents were just finishing their breakfast & mowing the lawn & the cafe's were setting up for lunch.
by Sheik Yerbouti
Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Restaurant & Pub Reviews

Good to see they got the meat/salad ratio correct.
by Sheik Yerbouti
Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Didn't it just, pays to lob home early sometimes, thanks Spargo
by Sheik Yerbouti
Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2018-2019 BBL season

Reckon the Stars are great value @ $3.75, got all the momentum & the good players available.
Not even favourites to get over Tassy who have the worst 2 bowlers in the comp. If Meridith or Moody get a jumper their on a 30 run handicap.
by Sheik Yerbouti
Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The punting prowess of the males in my household.
Youngest pulls off an impressive all up at the nags, Eldest wins a good size poker tournament & Daddy dearest snares a 3 way footy multi @ 33s.
So we've booked a weekend in Melbourne, hopefully Queens Birthday weekend.
by Sheik Yerbouti
Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 3 - #putyourcoxout

Booney wrote:
Booney wrote:Boons best bet :

Geelong 1-39 @ $2.45

Easy money.

Got me in, cheers.
by Sheik Yerbouti
Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 6 - Lest we forget

One way to pick a certain winner.
Ladbrokes are offering $2.50 Tiges ($50 max)
Beteasy have Dees $2.65
Draw $61 Sportsbet.
by Sheik Yerbouti
Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL - Round 7 prattle

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
MW wrote:Rucci said on radio it would be a miracle for Port to win

Collingwood, 7 goals, the hardest part will be going 1-39 or 40+, it'll be right on the cusp.

Ahem.

Son had 1-39 in his multi, never knew he had such a vocabulary to throw at Westoffs last set shot or such love for Pickle Pepper.
by Sheik Yerbouti
Sat May 04, 2019 1:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Booney wrote:, I threw my ticket away as soon as he went around them as they left the back straightaway..

There's something I miss with online betting, ripping up the ticket & chucking it at the Pub screen. Same with slamming the phone down now we have mobiles.
by Sheik Yerbouti
Mon May 13, 2019 1:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Week 9 - Making the rules up as they go along...

All home teams favourite at around $15 something
by Sheik Yerbouti
Thu May 16, 2019 11:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Carlton

& just to stay on topic, when they built the new Leigh Creek in the 80's the Maori scaffolders cooked Emu, Wombat & Kangaroo in the hangi for the workers, not too shabby.
by Sheik Yerbouti
Wed May 22, 2019 6:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you don't understand

Just teach them to drive a manual.
by Sheik Yerbouti
Wed May 22, 2019 6:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 11 - Split rounds after this

Lightning McQueen wrote:I've been stuck on the Melbourne vs Adelaide game for near 24 hours, I can't work out why Adelaide are favourites?

Same, taking the draw @ 50's too hard to read.

Edit - Favs won the past 8 in Darwin if that helps.
by Sheik Yerbouti
Fri May 31, 2019 5:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 13 - Good luck tipsters!

May be a bit of value in McEvoy 1st goal kicker, just mentioned starting Full Forward. $31 boosted at Ladbrokes
by Sheik Yerbouti
Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 14 - Winter Solstice round

Wedgie wrote: yummy.

Did someone steal your dick?
by Sheik Yerbouti
Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 14 - Winter Solstice round

You may have your dick back until the words 'to die for 'appear.
by Sheik Yerbouti
Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2019

Really....REALLY...….. well that's gunna be a long wet afternoon at Prozzie on Saturday. Think we have a 17yo ruckman against Ryder, f**ken Peter Pickle Pepper will be running through the 80yo's in the middle of the stand & Rockliffe will be on 80 possessions at half time. At least we can laugh at Worstoffs beard.
by Sheik Yerbouti
Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Havasay ridden by guess who, gets up in the Ramornie at juicy odds :lol:

I'd love to know the P/L on his rides this calendar year so far. Salutes most meets, often multiple times and usually on double figure pops. A real punters pal for those that follow him.

I find Josh Parr similar, although I think it's that time of the year again post-carnivals when he pretty much only does track work til the Spring bowls around.

12.8% win rate 38.5% place this season loss of - 3.8% Return on investment

Career similar with a slightly worse ROI.

But..........past 5 months 20% profit ROI
by Sheik Yerbouti
Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Restaurant & Pub Reviews

Went to Khims on the corner of Regency & Prospect last night in the pissing rain after having booked at Rose Garden but was closed (thanks for the call).
Great feed, arrived in 10 minutes fed Missus, 21 & 26yo sons & me for under $80 including drinks.
by Sheik Yerbouti
Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Humming the French national anthem on Bastilles day walking back over bridge from AO in a Fitzroy jacket & being threatened to end up in the drink.
by Sheik Yerbouti
Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows 2019

Or promotes caravans ''carp of the road''
by Sheik Yerbouti
Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 20 - It's no joking matter

Too hard for me, backed the draw at 60s
by Sheik Yerbouti
Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 21 - Spicy Corona Curry Round

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Good week to play under match totals

Can multi up tonights & tomorrows outdoor games at around 12's
by Sheik Yerbouti
Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: General tv discussion thread - good, bad, axings etc etc

Easy read, good laugh, characters in the books are nowhere even close to the ABC series.
by Sheik Yerbouti
Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What The F***

Booney wrote:
Sheik Yerbouti wrote:Working placing 100kg river rocks up at Hay Valley this morning, BOM has the temp as 0.

Like you're moving those rocks! :lol:

Pointing and telling someone what to do isn't "moving rocks". ;)

Only two of us now, this poor old crock of shit is rooted.
by Sheik Yerbouti
Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Ashes 2019

Jim05 wrote:
Sheik Yerbouti wrote:Just took the Poms @ $31 just in case

It will be $131 if they don’t bowl us out in the next hour

Of course, just posting the bet before the result to break SAFootys betting policy of late.
by Sheik Yerbouti
Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Brisbane v Richmond

Wedgie wrote:
Rik E Boy wrote:Non controlling umpire 50 metres away gives Reiwoldt a bullshit goal.

Regards,

REB

Best goal ever, I had $47 on Riewoldt to kick the first goal at $9. No work tomorrow and I'm at the pub.
There's going to be some good posts tonight from me! :lol:

Where is this magic TAB
by Sheik Yerbouti
Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Brisbane v Richmond

Better keep that form up to Grand Final day then, see if we can snag another one of those 1st goal celebrations to piss off the rest of the pub.
by Sheik Yerbouti
Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

some f***** peanut was f***** around at the tab with his $2 keno and then when I went to put my ticket in he bumped into me, so I went to go around him and he bumped into me again then the race started, 12 won @ 17.60, 10 came 2nd, exacta paid $130.

Fair to say I was pissed off.
Some years ago at Morphetville a lady was in front of the line trying to have a quinella in AR8 as they were going into the gates for R4. The conversation was heading east with '' which horse has to win? can they finish in any order? what does a unit cost'' & more. The bloke behind her gently lifted her by the elbows & placed her to the side to get on. I don't high five but this was an exception.
by Sheik Yerbouti
Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shit $3.20, I went the $2.50 & then (of course) Geelong kick another, I refused to check the live bets after that.
by Sheik Yerbouti
Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

You bloody beauty!! SANFL curtain raisers to AFL games back in season 2020.
Yep. North v Power Reserves before Carlton v Power. Yipee.
At least the Powers crowd figure will be higher than usual for the day.

You saying alot of North fans are Power supporters?

There are a few, a lot of Chook supporters are Carlton fans though, reckon there will be a good rock up from our mob. I for one are looking forward to it ( even being a Brissy member)
by Sheik Yerbouti
Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

Anyone have artificial lawn or synthetic turf?
Same thing different name?
Varies in thickness and pricing per metre.

Anyone bought it online?

Part of my work.
Depends what it's for, in MT's case a sports turf would do for putting, cooch equivalent the kikuyu look alike would be too thick.
If your looking for a feature lawn they've come a long way since the old 'plastic vinyl looking product.
The ducks guts of these lawns is the 'Bonita 45' with an improved coolant backing available from Hicks Turf Pooraka.
Mind you at $180 odd for a 3.9 wide lineal metre its not cheap.
On top of that you need to excavate the old down to 75mm, fill compact & screed a quarry sand base.
Try to work out your measurements within a 3.9m grids too pricey to waste any.
Pin it down at 300 intervals with 12'' nails, & sweep it in against the grain with paving sweeping sand, around 1 ton/70m2. Anything over 30m2 hire a power broom from Kennards.

With all that prep & the price I would most definitely be visiting landscape supply centres & seeing the finished product installed on the ground, not just on a roll.
by Sheik Yerbouti
Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BBL 2019/20

Fair game. Adelaide blew from 1.67 to 2.10 pre game to 1.14 at half time, blew to $6 before the 1st WA wicket, then gradually back into 1.01
by Sheik Yerbouti
Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Fu)k wings, smoke some Tommys
by Sheik Yerbouti
Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |