Search found 194 matches

Return

Re: SAAFL division 6 2014

Hello to everyone in our new home of Division 6 hopefully the Roy's can bounce back after the last 3-4 tough years.
by Roaring Lion!
Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL division 5 2014

A coach from a higher div has been trying to poach a couple of Cbcocfc young lads who will be doing a pre season with a sanfl club. He's <span id="adtext_8" class="adtext">claiming</span> if they r playing in a higher div it will increase their chances of getting a game in the resissies or league... This isn't the case. If the player was trying to get noticed so he could get an invite to training I would agree but the kids have already been noticed & will get a chance in the sanfl system. Your either have it or you don't.

I just think it would b a shame if one of these players left our footy club to go play somewhere under the false pretence it will improve their chances of getting a go @ sanfl level, after CBC has put a lot of time and effort in2 these kids. I have confirmation from the said sanfl clubs coach that it will not be a deal breaker & performance on the training track & games is what will decide if they get a game or not.

I have always heard that the League clubs encourage the players not getting a game to play at a D1 or D2 club. Makes sense really. If I'm a reserves coach, I'd want the guys not getting a game to be playing at a similar standard competition in the mean time.
SANFL clubs should openly promote loyalty in these kids to play at their home clubs, not look after their "mates" at higher division clubs. The simple fact is, if the kid is good enough, he'll make it. Sending him to play at a Div 1 or Div 2 club so they can "keep an eye on them" or it will "give them a better chance to make it" is a crock of sh*t. All it does is rob the original club of one of their best juniors and makes the strong clubs stronger. How are div 3,4,5,6 clubs ever going to strive for the pinnacle of their competition when all their most promising juniors are openly encouraged to leave and go play higher?

It stinks and it happens all the time. 3 of our kids were told to play at a Div 1 club by an SANFL club last year. 2 did, 1 didn't. None of the 3 made the cut in the end, but we lost 2 quality juniors in the process . You can't replace 10 years of development overnight. SANFL clubs are happy to take from our clubs, but they aren't too quick to give back to us - unless we are in Div 1 or 2 of course...
by S Demon
Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rumours and Player Movement Discussions for 2014

Kane tenace has gone as well in case none of you bitches caught that.
by The Sleeping Giant
Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Oysters?

I'm guessing Psyber doesn't venture South of the border either.
by The Sleeping Giant
Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gay marriage, yes or no...?

woodublieve12 wrote:
scoob wrote:Imagine getting married then it gets anulled a few days later....what a pain in the ass

it would be a tough pill to swallow

Or pillow as the case may be.....
by Wedgie
Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Unlucky

Mal
by scoob
Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2013/14 BIG BASH

Just think. Without T20 would Warner be playing tests? Or Steve Smith? Without ODI cricket would Johnson have been recalled? I reckon Nathan Lyon may well still be sitting on his tractor too.

Time to get off the high horse with limited overs cricket and realise it's paying a lot of the bills. It keeps kids interested in playing cricket and gets people to actually watch domestic cricket. I am 100% a test fan first and foremost but I'm not too proud to enjoy other forms of cricket and realise the importance to the game overall.
by Grahaml
Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2013/14 BIG BASH

Clint McKay an early ommission from the Stars - this will clearly work in their favour and not the Strikers.
by Spargo
Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows Reserves 2014

Mr Beefy wrote:How do you know how Buddha Hocking or the ravens coach feel about losing?

He has a name, Heath Younie.
I can assure you Heath will be trying to win every game too.
by Wedgie
Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 3 2014

I think this is a bit hard to cop with Brahma Lodge electing to stay down. In my opinion the club had built its successful years based upon recruiting players from other clubs with there money and having a couple of successful seasons.

Did the club recruit guys who would stay around the club in the long haul or just jump ship when more money was offered?

Did the club build a culture where the players want to stay at the club no matter what money was thrown around by others?

Now Brahma Lodge are in the same position of many other clubs in the area who don't have the money to pay the same amount as Brahma had done in the past and are asking to stay down?

Is it a right to have a successful season each year or do you have to take the pain to make the successful seasons feel better.

I think Brahma should be made to stay up and feel the pain that a lot of other clubs have felt in the past.
by The Informer
Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you don't understand

The Fringe

Seriously if I want to mix with a bunch of hippies I'd go to Nimbin.

Only want annual so Rann could suck up to his live in Arty Scrag after giving Chantalois a belting in the parklands.

FMD!
by am Bays
Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: GONG or Wronggggggg

whufc wrote:Once he lost his pace the bang it hard attack just doesn't cut it

Coincidentally lost his pace when he lost his balls in the mrs handbag and swapped beer for bananas! :P
by Phantom Gossiper
Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 4 2014

Sorry for intruding but.... I'm sure Brahma Lodge put a lot of faith in the people they chose to take the club forward. All of a sudden they all leave and they are left with nothing. People, what happened to getting behind the Aussie battler and not kicking them when they're down. We can talk all day about the mistakes, but this club is trying to save themselves from extinction. Where they play is irreverent , as long as they play. Compassion is not something experienced in footy all that often, but atm, we all need to work for a strong league and all clubs are part of that. I'll go now, with friends or not.
By "faith" you mean "money", right?

No compassion from me. We lost a Grand Final to them by 100pts two years ago. No one from Brahma Lodge was crying to the league that day. I'm sorry, but if you live by the sword, you die by the sword.

They should have been made to stay in Div 4 as per the rules and taken on the chin whatever came their way
by S Demon
Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

90% of your posts are about money. Seems to be the most important thing in your life.
by The Sleeping Giant
Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

AFL in the SANFL discussion/debate

After some debate with Admin/Mods and feedback from Members it has been decided to leave the Match preview/review threads for discussion about the match only, any debate about the AFL reserves teams can continue happily in the threads already running.

Any posts from now on that do not relate directly to the match will be considered off topic and deleted.

Hopefully this will stop every thread having this debate, while a worthy topic there needs to be some balance.

Thanks
by Dutchy
Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

This forum is far poorer without the likes of TSG, squids and scoob IMO.
by Spargo
Thu May 29, 2014 3:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Geelong 2014

Rik E Boy wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:Bundy got BOG in his first game back. Happy with that?

Yep. We miss him and Caddy. Not enough intensity being shown around the contest.

Regards,

REB

Who is Bundy?
by daysofourlives
Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 2 2014

bandar wrote:Good game at Gepps today glad to take the points. Much respect to the Gepps people for the respect that was shown to us.

For Sam Williams to kick our last 3 goals and effectively win us the game is probably beyond comprehension.

Respect.

by zedman
Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 4 2014

Yes I'm not sure who the chap was that obviously had too much and decided to let his emotions get the better of him, but it was very close to spilling over. It was good to have someone from HV step in and control this individual, eventually. I'm sure we'll forgive the racist comments that he made towards some of our supporters as he was clearly suffering from some kind of intoxication.

Considering the close proximity to the players race to the bar, it might have been nice to have match officials besides the pooraka ones in this area, but perhaps they were busy with the umpires as they were copping plenty as well, but that is only a suggestion.

Otherwise it was pretty well hosted, Young blokes on the gate offered to hand back my $5 if i couldn't find a park, which i thought was decent, an offer that wasn't needed as parks were still found.

And from our point of view both A's and B's were both played in good spirits and were both good spectacles of finals football in their respective grades.

nice attempt at a troll bulldogs (another ingle farm person riding the red wave this week)..if you bothered to read back you would know all about it.

you ingle farm blokes are quick to pour shit on other clubs but whinge and cry the minute anyone says anything about yours.

how about he without sin cast the first stone.

perhaps if you all kept your mouths shut your grand final wouldn't have ended in carnage last year.
by Footy Chick
Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port 2014 - Pre-Season/General Discussion

One of the blokes on Fox Footy was bang on right about Pittard last night.

I know he is much maligned among many Port supporters, but imho it's because he has the most difficult role, the one that involves the most risk .. He has the responsibility for taking the risk kicks, that can make or break a play for Port.

In a team with plenty of stars it's often easy to make him the fall guy, but when he's on he creates so much .. When he's off, the turnovers can come out, but thats the style of play his coach wants.

Reckon he is undervalued by many.
by JK
Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Junior Football

Some horrid spectators at the Elizabeth V Gaza U/15 game yesterday at Eastern Park.
How do people think it's ok to heckle a 14/15 year old lad and put such a dampener on him he wants to leave the ground.
To you knobs,you are fruit loops.
Well done to the ground marshals on shutting them up.
Sitting on the outer side of the ground they were in full view and every word could be heard.
Idiots.
Hope their club deals with the fools.
by beeroclock
Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Junior Football

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/messenger/north-northeast/walkerville-cats-football-players-win-fifth-consecutive-final-now-players-ready-to-brave-sanfl/story-fni9ll1r-1227068018350?sv=44b43ef0b653d916f0c7f7af79048bb4&net_sub_uid=34417883

Why is Walkerville not fielding an U/16 team in 2015? I don't understand the article.

Walkerville wouldn't have fielded an Under 16s team for years (off the top of my head).

They tend to lose a lot of kids to College First 18s and SANFL junior programs. As anyone involved in kids football knows, finding fresh 15/16 year olds is the hardest age group to fill.

It seems a little early to be making the call of no team, buy the looks of things they have the basis of a team but are just sending them away :shock:
by Look Good In Leather
Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 6 - 2015

morell wrote:Done plenty of it.

#itsnotthathard #getoveryourselves #getitright #whydonthashtagsworkonsafooty

because I hate hashtags and permanently ban any wanker that uses them ;)
by Footy Chick
Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Aus v Ind Test Series

That's the thing you're going to expect from Warner. You're either going to get a quick fire 100+ or a short lived 0 - 40. I know they have Rogers (all depends how long he lasts) there to be the one who goes about his business. But if Warner keeps achieving low scores, how long will CA keep affording to have a player like him in the side?

Just a thought. Not saying that he will just a hypothetical.

Wow, this post is staggeringly bad. For one, he's scoring bucketloads of runs. This series he's averaging 53, no way can you say he's out of form! Particularly when you consider he copped on on the thumb in Brisbane and then another this test on the arm that clearly hampered him. Secondly he usually does get out playing defensive shots. It's not like he can't pick the balls to put away or that he can hit. He just hits bad balls, respects good ones. To those who din't understand the game (like you) it can seem like a lottery but it's certainly not. Thirdly the quicker you score, the greater chance of winning a game you have. When players scored at 2 runs an over it seemed like every game was drawn or very nearly. These days draws seem exciting because they're so rare and often require something unusual to happen. There are a bunch of other reasons it's better, but I guess I'm no chance of you understanding them. Take it from Bill Lawry or Ian Chappell then. Those guys are often critical of guys who don't score quickly and praise batsmen who do purely because it's a better method.
by Grahaml
Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Apparently there is a World Cup on in our own backyard and the AFL pre-season competition has kicked off. Well, you'd never FOXing know if you didn't cough up $100+ a month for the privilege.

This is the worst possible outcome for the World Cup. February in Australia, a World Cup going on in all corners of the country and we've had two games of cricket on in 3 weeks.

**** you Foxtel, **** you Cricket Australia. By the time the pointy end comes around I won't give a shit who is a chance and who isn't, I'll not have seen any!

Oh, and the cricket we do get to see is crammed in between the most ludicrous, over the top, Julian Clary inspired graphics. What's with that? I know who is batting, I know who is bowling, take that shit down when the bowler is running in!
It makes me a little sad not having Fox but it's cheaper than $100 a month, yeah?

Problem is, once you get Fox it's hard to go back to just FTA, I just factor it in as a living expense and skimp on other costs in my life, I'd rather spend more time at home so I may aswell enjoy my time there.
by Lightning McQueen
Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: u18's

Does anybody no what day there club have nominated there u18's for Sat or Sun, just interested to see what clubs think is a better day for the 18's. I would have thought most clubs play some u18's in the seniors on Sat then play some games on a Sun at u18's level.

Sundays. Far more convenient for us.

FWIW the new eligibility rules:

12. UNDER 18 DIVISIONS
12.2. Under 18 team(s) shall be restricted to include only players whom are under 19 years of age prior to the first (1st) day of July in the year in which they are applying to play in The League.
12.3. Should a player who turns 18 years of age prior to the first (1st) day of January in the year which they are playing and play senior football at any level in the current year they are disqualified from playing Under 18 football for the remainder of that season.

So anyone who turned 18 in 2014 and plays senior football this year will no longer be eligible for under 18s (not unreasonable, but may put some sides under numbers stress).

If these rules were in placed last year, that would of ruled out half of our premiership winning side.

You won an Under 18 flag with half an Under 19 side. That shouldn't have been allowed to happen anyway. Not saying it was your fault, you were working within the rules set, but it shouldn't have been able to occur in the first place.
by Pag
Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: World Cup Commentators

I was enjoying the commentary all through the World Cup and then BAM, I heard Tubby on there yesterday, I don't know if I've avoided his stints or what but gee we're blessed with some absolute pus!
by Lightning McQueen
Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 6 - 2015

"Team of the Week" in the SA Footballer magazine..
D6.JPG
by The Bedge
Fri May 08, 2015 4:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: no lawn mowing on weekends.

sounds like a north adelaide society law
by Bully
Fri May 22, 2015 7:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Another little one...Round 12

Brodlach wrote:If Jasper Pittard plays for 10 years he will double anyone in history

Falling over under no pressure without footy in hand is not a clanger.
by valleys07
Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: FOOTY 2015

Lightning McQueen wrote:I've been getting on the 30 possession/ 3 goal bets lately, money for jam it seems, decent odds.

I picked up another with Neale & Walters last night, had them for most disposals and most goals too at 38's.

Well, how about posting these bets before they happen, champ! ;)
by OnSong
Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2015

I quite like Worsfold coming in. They couldn't go outside the current group for a head coach and Camporeale seems the right type. I like how he sticks to his guns when he thinks he's right. Couldn't help but laugh at McDermott's suggestion that Riccuito takes over. If he thinks you can go from the media straight into coaching with no other experience doing it then it would explain his own coaching performances.
by Grahaml
Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Club Payments Crackdown

It's really only the soft kids and families with over protective parents that are moving to soccer anyway.
by Q.
Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 1 - 2015

wristwatcher wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:I wonder how much they'll love the jumper when salary cap comes in ;)

No-one gets paid at PNU.

I call BS.

So you've dropped your spendings from $50k+ in 2006 to $0?

Impressive.
by Footy Chick
Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

The breakfast menu at the Espy read "bircher muesli, rolled oats with dried fruit, nuts and seeds".

What arrived was a small portion of plain rolled oats, unsoaked, with 4 strawberries for garnish. No dried fruit, no nuts, no seeds.

"Bircher muesli" my hairy white arsehole.
You should have ordered breakfast instead of food for your canary.
by Wedgie
Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: financial projections

Harry the Horse wrote:At least we'll have a national women's team to barrack for (AWFL?) to replace our SANFL clubs once they've all gone bust.

Thought that was the A-League
by am Bays
Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Division 6 2016

:lol: REOW! Claws are out, and D6 thread has gone bitchy :lol:
Its the most entertaining thread on here by a mile. I'm still planning on going to the Houghton v Ingle Farm game in 2 weeks, I just hope you guys don't disappoint me & be nice to each other on the field.

I'm doing the same.

I expect a lot of hair pulling, scratching and various types of name calling.

You're kidding carey yeah, both teams bark is worst than their bite. ;)
by Yank Man
Fri May 06, 2016 10:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: No footy again next week for me and my team

VALE PARK wrote:I think I said this last year on the same day.
What a perfect day for suburban footy!

Then go and watch some...
by Big Phil
Sat May 28, 2016 11:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Womens Teams Announced

Did you ever see that chick play for Fitzroy would have been 1 or 2 years above your lad when he was there. Connie Vlass was her name, went close in the association medal. Absolute gun, will play for one of these teams eventually.

Yeah mate, she's awesome, I have no doubt that there is a pathway for her, I've umpired her a few times too and given her votes.
by Lightning McQueen
Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

We understood your thoughts the first 156 times grub.
by Wedgie
Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Preliminary Finals

Are your ears painted on, youre not picking up what im putting down. You are the ignorant pricks who are changing the basis of the argument to suit your own agenda.
I'll type slow for the intellectually challenged, the Crows have the second longest current Grand Final appearance drought behind Richmond. That means clubs that you poke fun at like Carlton Essendon and Melbourne who are universally agreed as being basket cases have been run better since 99 than yours. Why isnt the Crows mentioned in the same breath as these? They should be, but that wouldnt sell papers. They are continually talked up in the Adelaide media and you fall for it hook line and sinker. The players also drink their own bath water because of this. Most arrogant club in the AFL
No. They are second at that too, behind Hawthorn
by Mr Beefy
Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9AFL Division 7 - 2017

morell wrote:And for the fifteenth ******* time - this isn't Mitchell Park's agenda - its not even on our guys radars. They could not care less. This. Doesn't. Affect. Mitchell. Park.

by zedman
Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2017 AFL Season

No doubt, I made that point myself. Just disappointing to hear a senior player didn't try or couldn't convince a younger guy to behave appropriately.
by Booney
Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2017 AFL Season

I presume Aidyn Johnson was penalised by the leadership group because (a) he could've done something to stopped Impey from getting in the car and didn't (on the presumption Impey appeared to have been drinking to an extent that would've impaired his driving, putting aside DUI levels), or (b) should've done something once the incident had occurred more than he did.

if it's the latter, then fair enough, on the basis he did something wrong. So what did Johnson do once the prang(s) happened? This hasn't been explained from what I have read. I can only guess that he must've scarpered as well. If so, I guess he might be up for a charge of fleeing the scene too?

If it's the former, then what about the others who let Impey get in the car, like Monfries or other Port players who were in attendance? If he did appear drunk such that getting behind the wheel was a bad idea, then a spindly 19 year old kid with no games under his belt is not the guy who should be penalised. He's hardly going to tell an experienced player and team-mate like Impey to whom he may well look up to not get in the car.
by Magellan
Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Player movement 2017

Blacky wrote:
Jim05 wrote:Curtly Hamptons brother has left Westies to join Port

Do you know why he left
I do

To get away from you?
by Dutchy
Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9AFL Division 3 - 2017

Footy Chick wrote:I Believe congratulations is in order for our very own @Suri who recently popped the question and apparently she said yes!

Cheers FC. I thought we'd been together long enough that I'd better get a move on.
by Fricky
Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

What is it with young blokes today.

Rolled up jeans/chinos with no socks and lace up leather shoes, usually brown/tan and made of some sort of woven mesh type. Do they, or if it's you reading this who does it, know how ******* stupid that look is? Classic case of some smoking little number in a menswear store convincing you the mannequin looks good in it so you will too.

It makes the girls go cray cray!!!

If you say cray cray, you are a girl.
by Booney
Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 4

Jim05 wrote:
bennymacca wrote:$9.20 for a beer now at adelaide oval

Ridiculous

Yeah, bit steep but it is what it is.
Love the card only bars too, so much better than waiting for wankers to find change in their wallet/pocket

Yeah its perfect for kids :roll:
by Dutchy
Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |