Search found 6 matches

Return

Re: ATCA 2013/14.

Pooraka 5 / 205
defeated
Hope Valley 5 / 93

Lord Rocco picking up where he left off last year - 81 off 42 balls including 3 consecutive 6's in the second over!
by Brumbies
Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

We cant compete with the $$$ and probable success OKC

Fantastic recruiting from your club, well done.

So who have they recruited??

Chris Amundsen, Jye Bailey and Mark Hanson (Northern Districts A-grade) are "confirmed" while Adam Sommerfield (TTG) and Hall have also been linked to Pooraka.
Sure there are a few we haven't heard about yet as well.

Would be surprised if they get all 5, but you never know!

You're all welcome to keep speculating but it's not really a secret. The names of all our recruits can be found on our Facebook page.
by Brumbies
Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This rule has certainly annoyed a few people at Pooraka.

Our A Grade always take a carton to an away match. They have a drink in the change rooms, then go into the home teams club room and have drink.
Not been allowed to have a beer in the change rooms isn't going to result in them spending more over the bar.
Instead of having 1 - 2 in the change rooms then 1 in the club rooms, now they will just have 1 in the clubrooms then leave.
by Brumbies
Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ATCA

They can't go into A2.

Why not. Pretty sure Goodwood did it 2 seasons ago.
Didn't the ATCA create a temporary Bylaw to allow it when they went back to 12 teams per division? Goodwood won A3 the last year of 8 teams and most of them had to go up to form A2.

It wasn't a temporary bylaw.
The bylaw states that B Grade sides are not automatically promoted into A2 and any such promotion is at the discretion of the ATCA board.

The vast majority of people at our club want our B Grade to play A2 next season, and considering our B's did defeat every other team in A3 this season I would be surprised if we weren't allowed to go up.
by Brumbies
Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PDCA 2016 - 2017

Eastern Park's application for re-entry into the PDCA Seniors competition was rejected by the clubs at last nights AGM.
Didn't appear to be a lot of love for Eastern Park in the room.

Why was it rejected?

These applications are accepted / rejected by a vote from the clubs, so no reasons need to be given by each club who voted to reject it.
There were a couple comments about whether they would be able to field a team at the end of the year due to football commitments, but not much else.
There was no one from EP Seniors there to respond to the comments which probably didn't help.
In recent years PDCA have been happy to accept clubs that are based further south, so to knock back a club that is in it's traditional area is a surprise.
by Brumbies
Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ATCA

My understanding is as follows:

Saturday lunch time, payneham enter the result as a forfeit.
Saturday afternoon, Heyzer changed the result to a draw (probably should be match abandoned, but that's a minor detail).
Sunday payneham lodged a submission with the turf requesting the result be returned to a forfeit.
Wednesday, Heyzer edited the result back to a forfeit.

To make things even more Interesting, he hasn't awarded them the full points that they would get for a forfeit.
IE: for a forfeit they should get the 18 points, plus those already earned, (10 wickets and 73 runs), which would give a total of 22.095
For whatever reason, the turf have said 22.095 is not appropriate, and adjusted it to 15.995, which is the equivalent of a win, 10 wickets and 199.33 runs, with no second innings.

If I were Pooraka, I'll be making an enquiry as to why the match hasn't been considered abandoned.

How the points were awarded is a bit unusual, but it's was an unusual situation so I guess they tried to come up with a what they thought was the most appropriate outcome.

In time they may look back and not be happy but I doubt the players are spending too much time worrying about the result at the moment.
We were always going to accept whatever the result was - technically we did forfeit anyway.
Hopefully it doesn't have an affect on what position we finish in.
by Brumbies
Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |