Search found 6 matches

Return

Re: Barossa & Light Cricket 2013/14.

Coming into the last game of the season thought i might try and pick a team of the year mine would be as follows.

+ R Barker
M Norman
B Parish
A King ( Capt )
C McLean
R Hannun
J Vanderleur
R Johnson
C Roberts
B Montgomery
B Burgess
by Slowey
Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Coming into the last game of the season thought i might try and pick a team of the year mine would be as follows.

+ R Barker
M Norman
B Parish
A King ( Capt )
C McLean
R Hannun
J Vanderleur
R Johnson
C Roberts
B Montgomery
B Burgess

Doesnt look too bad, think i would leave one of the spinners out and include Joey Brown.
I also reckon only Barker, Norman and King pick themselves, the rest are very even with some other guys that you havnt selected.
Others around the mark would be Hogan, Ben Burgess, Gardham, Matt Ryan, Mullins, Fracowski, R Montgomery, Lade,
by daysofourlives
Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The forum is based around what happens in this association on social media, so if something happens in a game and someone wants to know they ask, thats how social media works... and why this forum exists!

If they did something they dont want discussed on social media, maybe they shouldnt have done it in the first place...?

Im tipping Gilbert Valley in the A1's
by RooShootOhh
Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well done to Freeling. Way too good on the weekend, outplayed us in all areas. Been the best team all year and thoroughly deserve it. How about Raed making 3 tons in 3 consecutive GF's!! Unbelievable effort and a great knock to witness even if you are the opposition.

talk about making runs when your team needs it
by bennymacca
Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Barossa & Light Cricket 2014/15.

fair go days when you play state cricket instead of sitting in the pub then ya can have a crack, what you playing A2 A3 at best

A fair bit of sarcasm in what Days said mate I would've thought.

Not sure you'd want to question his cricketing credentials though mate.

whether he made 7, 70 or 700, the fact that he turned out for his 'community club' should be applauded!
I know the GV boys were raring to go once they heard the news. One would have thought the young lads from South would have loved playing with their mate and his inclusion may have have helped spike the bar takings for the day, throw on top some unsolicited press coverage of the league... everyone is winning (in particularly GV!, just sneak into the 4 boys thats all you need to do ;) )
by The Angry Bull
Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Barossa & Light Cricket 2014/15.

fair go days when you play state cricket instead of sitting in the pub then ya can have a crack, what you playing A2 A3 at best

So you lose to a side that hasnt won a game this year with 4 grade cricketers in your side, what conclusion would you draw from that? I would say perhaps they got a little ahead of themselves and took the GV boys and standard of the comp a little too lightly.
Anyway with that loss you can look forward to a few more wins in the A1 resserves next season.

Serious question, maybe Angry Bull might know, had grade cricket not been called off last week would TTG been as keen for these boys to play in the local comp?
With the Test match weekend off as well and obviously their bye on the weekend they would have gone 4 weeks without a game

TTG are always happy for their players to go back to their community clubs when there is a bye or in the event of non selection. For instance, hosking senior and JV when he was playing for port. They'd much rather their guys having a hit, however this is all dependent on squad requirements ie: organized trials or a bonding session (beers). I know that the prolonged break was talked about and the guys were encouraged to play, sleepy and zads know that 30 minutes in the middle is greater than 5 hours in the nets.

Btw, am I the only one on here that thought GV had the game in the bag from the start. Call me one eyed, but if there was ever a bunch of underachieving upstarts that would cause, well lets be honest, 'an upset' like that it would be GV! Horns up!
by The Angry Bull
Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |