INS and OUTS for 2019

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: INS and OUTS for 2019

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:53 pm

Maybe Josh Glenn isn't an "out" as he has just avoided a jail term for a drunken assault.
User avatar
PatowalongaPirate
League - Top 5
 
 
Posts: 2734
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:31 am
Location: Tiger Land
Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 624 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Re: INS and OUTS for 2019

Postby GMcG » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:14 pm

PatowalongaPirate wrote:Maybe Josh Glenn isn't an "out" as he has just avoided a jail term for a drunken assault.

would anyone with any morals take him now?
GMcG
Rookie
 
Posts: 234
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:58 pm
Has liked: 204 times
Been liked: 45 times

Re: INS and OUTS for 2019

Postby northerner » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:23 pm

GMcG wrote:
PatowalongaPirate wrote:Maybe Josh Glenn isn't an "out" as he has just avoided a jail term for a drunken assault.

would anyone with any morals take him now?

Rhetorical question surely...
northerner
Rookie
 
 
Posts: 172
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:48 pm
Has liked: 40 times
Been liked: 59 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Re: INS and OUTS for 2019

Postby Wedgie » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:52 pm

Nothing suprises me these days with some clubs.
User avatar
Wedgie
Site Admin
 
 
Posts: 43336
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:00 am
Has liked: 954 times
Been liked: 2314 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Re: INS and OUTS for 2019

Postby UK Fan » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:16 pm

GMcG wrote:
PatowalongaPirate wrote:Maybe Josh Glenn isn't an "out" as he has just avoided a jail term for a drunken assault.

would anyone with any morals take him now?


Support of a footy club not the worst thing for Josh atm.

I’d prefer he be in a SANFL environment than out in country footy.
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!



MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.



THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Veteran
 
 
Posts: 3982
Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:41 am
Has liked: 636 times
Been liked: 211 times

Re: INS and OUTS for 2019

Postby cennals05 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:26 pm

Is everyone forgetting about the failed game day test? Not sure he will be able to play football anywhere.
cennals05
League Bench Warmer
 
 
Posts: 1450
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:43 pm
Location: Adelaide
Has liked: 144 times
Been liked: 237 times

Re: INS and OUTS for 2019

Postby SimonH » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:57 pm

cennals05 wrote:Is everyone forgetting about the failed game day test? Not sure he will be able to play football anywhere.
Under the relevant policy (presuming the SANFL is the same as the AFL in this field) there has to be a hearing before the relevant Tribunal if there is a positive game-day test. They can't just be taken out the back and quietly told, 'don't try to register next year'. Is there any confirmation that this test result occurred?
SimonH
Under 18s
 
 
Posts: 668
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2005 12:32 pm
Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 58 times

Re: INS and OUTS for 2019

Postby cennals05 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:30 pm

SimonH wrote:
cennals05 wrote:Is everyone forgetting about the failed game day test? Not sure he will be able to play football anywhere.
Under the relevant policy (presuming the SANFL is the same as the AFL in this field) there has to be a hearing before the relevant Tribunal if there is a positive game-day test. They can't just be taken out the back and quietly told, 'don't try to register next year'. Is there any confirmation that this test result occurred?

He has been provisionally suspended from what I understand. I work with someone involved with Norwood, I was in the same room as them when they were on the phone to James Fantasia about it. He definitely failed a drug test.
cennals05
League Bench Warmer
 
 
Posts: 1450
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:43 pm
Location: Adelaide
Has liked: 144 times
Been liked: 237 times

Re: INS and OUTS for 2019

Postby SimonH » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:13 pm

Okay, thanks. There should be a hearing in the off-season then. Worst-case scenario is 2 years (backdated), but I don't know how much discretion there is to impose a lesser penalty.

Totally different of course—like night and day in terms of sanction—if it was not a game-day test (and the illicit drug is a recreational one).
SimonH
Under 18s
 
 
Posts: 668
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2005 12:32 pm
Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 58 times

Re: INS and OUTS for 2019

Postby northerner » Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:30 pm

SimonH wrote:Okay, thanks. There should be a hearing in the off-season then. Worst-case scenario is 2 years (backdated), but I don't know how much discretion there is to impose a lesser penalty.

Totally different of course—like night and day in terms of sanction—if it was not a game-day test (and the illicit drug is a recreational one).


Lets hypothetically suggest its a game day test and steroids is detected?
northerner
Rookie
 
 
Posts: 172
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:48 pm
Has liked: 40 times
Been liked: 59 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Re: INS and OUTS for 2019

Postby JK » Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:42 pm

northerner wrote:
SimonH wrote:Okay, thanks. There should be a hearing in the off-season then. Worst-case scenario is 2 years (backdated), but I don't know how much discretion there is to impose a lesser penalty.

Totally different of course—like night and day in terms of sanction—if it was not a game-day test (and the illicit drug is a recreational one).


Lets hypothetically suggest its a game day test and steroids is detected?


I’m no expert, but I think it’s a 4 year Max penalty. Other factors involved like how a player pleads, whether the B sample is required etc, I believe has a bearing on the term of penalty.
FUSC
User avatar
JK
Coach
 
 
Posts: 33015
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:11 am
Location: Coopers Hill
Has liked: 2204 times
Been liked: 1745 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Re: INS and OUTS for 2019

Postby daysofourlives » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:09 pm

JK wrote:
northerner wrote:
SimonH wrote:Okay, thanks. There should be a hearing in the off-season then. Worst-case scenario is 2 years (backdated), but I don't know how much discretion there is to impose a lesser penalty.

Totally different of course—like night and day in terms of sanction—if it was not a game-day test (and the illicit drug is a recreational one).


Lets hypothetically suggest its a game day test and steroids is detected?


I’m no expert, but I think it’s a 4 year Max penalty. Other factors involved like how a player pleads, whether the B sample is required etc, I believe has a bearing on the term of penalty.


so hypothetically he wont be fleecing any country club for along time then?
One word springs to mind, Karma
Who's our BITCH
daysofourlives
Coach
 
 
Posts: 8232
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:35 pm
Has liked: 1438 times
Been liked: 1061 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Re: INS and OUTS for 2019

Postby daysofourlives » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:10 pm

GMcG wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:
GMcG wrote:
Groucho wrote:I take it you're at the B& F. Who won the Best & Fairest?

T. Schiller by a mile.
Nason gone too.

And pretty sure Butcher is leaving too. Might be a couple more as well

no rumours please, just facts.

How those facts going know all??
Who's our BITCH
daysofourlives
Coach
 
 
Posts: 8232
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:35 pm
Has liked: 1438 times
Been liked: 1061 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Re: INS and OUTS for 2019

Postby GMcG » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:11 am

you made the statement, you need to produce the facts.
GMcG
Rookie
 
Posts: 234
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:58 pm
Has liked: 204 times
Been liked: 45 times

Re: INS and OUTS for 2019

Postby DOC » Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:17 pm

Tarak Redigolo, Matthew Rankine, Alex Moyle and Matthew Raitt are outs for South.
User avatar
DOC
Assistant Coach
 
 
Posts: 4844
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:15 pm
Has liked: 97 times
Been liked: 379 times

Re: INS and OUTS for 2019

Postby Dutchy » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:13 pm

A few issues at South if you believe rumours
shoe boy wrote: to expose the soft underbelly of the Bushpig

morell wrote:Yes you are correct
User avatar
Dutchy
Site Admin
 
 
Posts: 36587
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:24 am
Location: Location, Location
Has liked: 785 times
Been liked: 1332 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Re: INS and OUTS for 2019

Postby daysofourlives » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:38 pm

GMcG wrote:you made the statement, you need to produce the facts.


Ive told you, not my problem if you dont believe me
Who's our BITCH
daysofourlives
Coach
 
 
Posts: 8232
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:35 pm
Has liked: 1438 times
Been liked: 1061 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Re: INS and OUTS for 2019

Postby Wedgie » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:39 pm

Dutchy wrote:A few issues at South if you believe rumours

Can't be too bad as Liddle and Cross are staying despite a rumour someone started. ;)
User avatar
Wedgie
Site Admin
 
 
Posts: 43336
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:00 am
Has liked: 954 times
Been liked: 2314 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Re: INS and OUTS for 2019

Postby southee » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:42 pm

Dutchy wrote:A few issues at South if you believe rumours


What’s the rumour then ???
Is out of change.....thanks Cambridge Clarrie!!!
User avatar
southee
Assistant Coach
 
 
Posts: 4609
Joined: Wed May 17, 2006 2:00 am
Location: Somewhere in the jungle!!!
Has liked: 663 times
Been liked: 80 times

Re: INS and OUTS for 2019

Postby GMcG » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:55 am

daysofourlives wrote:
GMcG wrote:you made the statement, you need to produce the facts.


Ive told you, not my problem if you dont believe me

It's now confirmed, The Butch off to the NT.
GMcG
Rookie
 
Posts: 234
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:58 pm
Has liked: 204 times
Been liked: 45 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests