Round 13 South v Norwood Saturday 1410

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Round 13 South v Norwood Saturday 1410

Postby DOC » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:12 am

Both sides coming off a win.

Norwood players Surman and McKenzie will play after accepting a reprimand for rubbing Sturt players in the dirt.

Norwood just got over South at the Parade this year and South should be desperate to win here.

Haren and Highmore both took no part in the second half last week and though not listed as injured would have to be doubtful.

I think South will make at least one other change, possibly Ellsworthy out and Karpany in.

South with a lot on the line here and I think they can do it.
User avatar
DOC
Coach
 
 
Posts: 9512
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:15 pm
Has liked: 239 times
Been liked: 901 times

Re: Round 13 South v Norwood Saturday 1410

Postby blueandwhite » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:55 am

Hopefully the SANFL tribunal remains consistent in reprimanding players after finding them guilty for blatant breaches of the game for the rest of the year.
Contrary to you Doc I believe Haren and Highmore will both play.
South went very close last time, poor kicking for goal proving very costly.
Hunter v Baulderstone duel will be enthralling.
South use the vast acreage at Flinders Uni Stadium well, and I expect them to get over the line and secure a finals spot, end Norwoods finals dream and put a fullstop on Cottons tenure at Norwood.
Tiocfaidh ár Lá
User avatar
blueandwhite
League Bench Warmer
 
 
Posts: 1414
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2005 6:00 pm
Location: Cloney Harp
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 171 times
Grassroots Team: Jamestown-Peterborough

Re: Round 13 South v Norwood Saturday 1410

Postby Pseudo » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:56 am

blueandwhite wrote:South use the vast acreage at Flinders Uni Stadium well, and I expect them to get over the line and secure a finals spot, end Norwoods finals dream and put a fullstop on Cottons tenure at Norwood.

... and all but guarantee a Glenelg finals appearance. GO PANTHERS! :D
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
User avatar
Pseudo
Coach
 
 
Posts: 10477
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:11 am
Location: enculez-vous
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1083 times
Grassroots Team: Morningside

Re: Round 13 South v Norwood Saturday 1410

Postby DOC » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:54 pm

The SANFL website has this game listed as 1410 but the club has advised that it is starting at 1345.
User avatar
DOC
Coach
 
 
Posts: 9512
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:15 pm
Has liked: 239 times
Been liked: 901 times

Re: Round 13 South v Norwood Saturday 1410

Postby darley16 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:08 pm

Historically these are the games South lose, those games with much depending on the result, all Southies know this. This will be close and maybe the game of the shortened season, a draw is not out the equation.
Noted South and the Woods Netball Club have now become one club the the Woods Club to called the South Adelaide Panthers, located at Flinders Uni Stadium same colours and club logo, great initiative by both clubs and the first SANFL League club and Premier Netball club combining, well done al parties with the result hopefully bringing all levels of Government to fund furtther and urgent development of the Noarlunga facilty.
User avatar
darley16
Under 18s
 
 
Posts: 606
Joined: Thu May 24, 2007 11:07 am
Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 46 times

Re: Round 13 South v Norwood Saturday 1410

Postby Wedgie » Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:16 pm

darley16 wrote:Historically these are the games South lose, those games with much depending on the result, all Southies know this. This will be close and maybe the game of the shortened season, a draw is not out the equation.
Noted South and the Woods Netball Club have now become one club the the Woods Club to called the South Adelaide Panthers, located at Flinders Uni Stadium same colours and club logo, great initiative by both clubs and the first SANFL League club and Premier Netball club combining, well done al parties with the result hopefully bringing all levels of Government to fund furtther and urgent development of the Noarlunga facilty.

I thought Central did the same about 20 years ago and North about 15 years ago, was that with clubs in lower divs maybe?
Proved a pointless exercise at Prospect and soon fell apart.
User avatar
Wedgie
Site Admin
 
 
Posts: 45576
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:00 am
Has liked: 1224 times
Been liked: 2738 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Re: Round 13 South v Norwood Saturday 1410

Postby am Bays » Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:19 pm

Wedgie wrote:
darley16 wrote:Historically these are the games South lose, those games with much depending on the result, all Southies know this. This will be close and maybe the game of the shortened season, a draw is not out the equation.
Noted South and the Woods Netball Club have now become one club the the Woods Club to called the South Adelaide Panthers, located at Flinders Uni Stadium same colours and club logo, great initiative by both clubs and the first SANFL League club and Premier Netball club combining, well done al parties with the result hopefully bringing all levels of Government to fund furtther and urgent development of the Noarlunga facilty.

I thought Central did the same about 20 years ago and North about 15 years ago, was that with clubs in lower divs maybe?
Proved a pointless exercise at Prospect and soon fell apart.


yeah we tried something similar with Oakdale Netball Club in the mid 90s, worked well as time has proven.....
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
User avatar
am Bays
Coach
 
 
Posts: 15028
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 11:04 pm
Location: The back bar at Lennies
Has liked: 95 times
Been liked: 962 times

Re: Round 13 South v Norwood Saturday 1410

Postby gazzamagoo » Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:58 pm

I think South will lose their last 2 & be replaced by Norwood in the 4.
gazzamagoo
Under 16s
 
 
Posts: 478
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:48 pm
Has liked: 405 times
Been liked: 121 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Re: Round 13 South v Norwood Saturday 1410

Postby goddy11 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:26 pm

gazzamagoo wrote:I think South will lose their last 2 & be replaced by Norwood in the 4.


Tough but very possible. Norwood would need to win both matches as SA have a good percentage.
goddy11
Under 18s
 
 
Posts: 703
Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:35 pm
Has liked: 198 times
Been liked: 74 times
Grassroots Team: Myponga-Sellicks

Re: Round 13 South v Norwood Saturday 1410

Postby Pseudo » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:26 pm

goddy11 wrote:
gazzamagoo wrote:I think South will lose their last 2 & be replaced by Norwood in the 4.


Tough but very possible. Norwood would need to win both matches as SA have a good percentage.

Also requires the Bays to win one more. Not out of the question, but by no means a given ... :lol:
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
User avatar
Pseudo
Coach
 
 
Posts: 10477
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:11 am
Location: enculez-vous
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1083 times
Grassroots Team: Morningside

Re: Round 13 South v Norwood Saturday 1410

Postby PanthersFan » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:48 pm

DOC wrote:The SANFL website has this game listed as 1410 but the club has advised that it is starting at 1345.

I rang the club and they confirmed a 1345 start time. Also channel 7 has coverage starting at 1330.
PanthersFan
Rookie
 
 
Posts: 244
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:48 pm
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 21 times

Re: Round 13 South v Norwood Saturday 1410

Postby PanthersFan » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:57 pm

This one will be tough and close. Both teams fighting for a spot in the finals. I'm hoping the Noarlunga advantage works for us.
Panthers by a goal.
PanthersFan
Rookie
 
 
Posts: 244
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:48 pm
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 21 times

Re: Round 13 South v Norwood Saturday 1410

Postby JK » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:31 am

I have very little confidence heading into this one. I think South will be too fast on the bigger deck and harder at the contest than us and I expect they'll win by a very comfortable margin. Everytime we slightly steer the ship in the right direction this season it's nearly always followed by a major let down. Usually Id hope I'm wrong but genuinely believe we'd be making up the numbers if we made finals, so am oddly not too fussed. I think I've reached my limit of watching the crap style of football we serve up far too regularly. South by 42 points (unless the weathers atrocious, in which case 28 points).
FUSC
User avatar
JK
Coach
 
 
Posts: 35665
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:11 am
Location: Coopers Hill
Has liked: 3391 times
Been liked: 2386 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Re: Round 13 South v Norwood Saturday 1410

Postby goddy11 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:49 am

If the game was at Norwood I would pick Norwood. As it is at Panther Park SA easily.
goddy11
Under 18s
 
 
Posts: 703
Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:35 pm
Has liked: 198 times
Been liked: 74 times
Grassroots Team: Myponga-Sellicks

Re: Round 13 South v Norwood Saturday 1410

Postby nwdfanparade » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:28 pm

JK wrote:I have very little confidence heading into this one. I think South will be too fast on the bigger deck and harder at the contest than us and I expect they'll win by a very comfortable margin. Everytime we slightly steer the ship in the right direction this season it's nearly always followed by a major let down. Usually Id hope I'm wrong but genuinely believe we'd be making up the numbers if we made finals, so am oddly not too fussed. I think I've reached my limit of watching the crap style of football we serve up far too regularly. South by 42 points (unless the weathers atrocious, in which case 28 points).


Actually, JK, we won 4 in a row early in the season. R4 CD, R5 St, R6 WA, R7 SA.
However I agree, very worried about this game.
User avatar
nwdfanparade
Under 18s
 
 
Posts: 501
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:07 pm
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

Re: Round 13 South v Norwood Saturday 1410

Postby wild dog » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:35 pm

am Bays wrote:
Wedgie wrote:
darley16 wrote:Historically these are the games South lose, those games with much depending on the result, all Southies know this. This will be close and maybe the game of the shortened season, a draw is not out the equation.
Noted South and the Woods Netball Club have now become one club the the Woods Club to called the South Adelaide Panthers, located at Flinders Uni Stadium same colours and club logo, great initiative by both clubs and the first SANFL League club and Premier Netball club combining, well done al parties with the result hopefully bringing all levels of Government to fund furtther and urgent development of the Noarlunga facilty.

I thought Central did the same about 20 years ago and North about 15 years ago, was that with clubs in lower divs maybe?
Proved a pointless exercise at Prospect and soon fell apart.


yeah we tried something similar with Oakdale Netball Club in the mid 90s, worked well as time has proven.....


Central District Netball Club still going (once known as Harlequins) although not in the SA premier league as are Oakdale and Woods Panthers.
User avatar
wild dog
Under 18s
 
 
Posts: 526
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:56 am
Has liked: 51 times
Been liked: 162 times
Grassroots Team: Smithfield

Re: Round 13 South v Norwood Saturday 1410

Postby JK » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:38 pm

nwdfanparade wrote:
JK wrote:I have very little confidence heading into this one. I think South will be too fast on the bigger deck and harder at the contest than us and I expect they'll win by a very comfortable margin. Everytime we slightly steer the ship in the right direction this season it's nearly always followed by a major let down. Usually Id hope I'm wrong but genuinely believe we'd be making up the numbers if we made finals, so am oddly not too fussed. I think I've reached my limit of watching the crap style of football we serve up far too regularly. South by 42 points (unless the weathers atrocious, in which case 28 points).


Actually, JK, we won 4 in a row early in the season. R4 CD, R5 St, R6 WA, R7 SA.
However I agree, very worried about this game.


Yeah I know mate, we were expected to win at least 3 of those though
FUSC
User avatar
JK
Coach
 
 
Posts: 35665
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:11 am
Location: Coopers Hill
Has liked: 3391 times
Been liked: 2386 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Re: Round 13 South v Norwood Saturday 1410

Postby southee » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:54 pm

Tough game this one with the result.

South on their day are delightful to watch - hard at it, skillful and very hard to beat (refer to Glenelg game this year). On the other hand, we have coughed up some very average performances (refer to Sturt game 2 weeks ago). Consistency seems to be an issue. Will play some great quarters of footy but also in the same game have looked pretty bad in parts.
I think at home, we can do this and land ourselves a finals appearance in 2020. We like the big grounds, using the space well. I think we are fitter than Norwood too. We can outrun them.

We need to end the Legs finals run this week and I believe the boys can do this.

We were not far from beating them earlier this year.

South by 2 goals.
Is out of change.....thanks Cambridge Clarrie!!!
User avatar
southee
Assistant Coach
 
 
Posts: 4713
Joined: Wed May 17, 2006 2:00 am
Location: Somewhere in the jungle!!!
Has liked: 728 times
Been liked: 93 times

Re: Round 13 South v Norwood Saturday 1410

Postby Brett » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:34 pm

darley16 wrote:Historically these are the games South lose, those games with much depending on the result, all Southies know this. This will be close and maybe the game of the shortened season, a draw is not out the equation.
Noted South and the Woods Netball Club have now become one club the the Woods Club to called the South Adelaide Panthers, located at Flinders Uni Stadium same colours and club logo, great initiative by both clubs and the first SANFL League club and Premier Netball club combining, well done al parties with the result hopefully bringing all levels of Government to fund furtther and urgent development of the Noarlunga facilty.


When the Venue was created , it was designed to be a Community Hub with a range of sports I thought. Soccer , , Netball and Lacrosse .
Brett
Reserves
 
Posts: 972
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:37 pm
Has liked: 75 times
Been liked: 57 times

Re: Round 13 South v Norwood Saturday 1410

Postby nwdfanparade » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:42 pm

Brett wrote:
darley16 wrote:Historically these are the games South lose, those games with much depending on the result, all Southies know this. This will be close and maybe the game of the shortened season, a draw is not out the equation.
Noted South and the Woods Netball Club have now become one club the the Woods Club to called the South Adelaide Panthers, located at Flinders Uni Stadium same colours and club logo, great initiative by both clubs and the first SANFL League club and Premier Netball club combining, well done al parties with the result hopefully bringing all levels of Government to fund furtther and urgent development of the Noarlunga facilty.


When the Venue was created , it was designed to be a Community Hub with a range of sports I thought. Soccer , , Netball and Lacrosse .


There are some days so cold you could have Ice skating competitions ;)
User avatar
nwdfanparade
Under 18s
 
 
Posts: 501
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:07 pm
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

Next

Board index   Football  SANFL

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: southee and 11 guests