Rumours / Player Movement Discussions for 2014

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Rumours / Player Movement Discussions for 2014

Postby o five » Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:18 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
o five wrote:And so the pilfering continues from the country clubs. The AFL invasion was bad enough, now the Country is doing it`s best laying the golden boots in. :oops:

And what SANFL club would want him for 8 games.
Do something to make playing SANFL footy more attractive and they wont leave in droves.

You say make SANFL more attractive for the players, here we go.
1 Players will be playing in a compeition that is a far better standard than Country league.
2 Players will now be on main stream tv with huge exposure, Even when the ABC were telecasting it was more attractive for the players than the country league.
3 Players will be playing on surfaces that are far superior than their Country counterparts.
Honestly that is just a couple of advantages in playing in the SANFL compared to Country.
Don`t get me wrong players who want to head back to their original clubs to finish of their careers is fine by me, providing it is for the right reasons.
Cashed up Country clubs is what shits me and it is hurting the SANFL big time. If you cannot see that then you probably never will.
Do you honestly think if there was a cap in the Country league we would be having this discussion?
o five
Under 16s

Has liked: 219 times
Been liked: 39 times

Postby Jim05 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:15 pm

o five wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:
o five wrote:And so the pilfering continues from the country clubs. The AFL invasion was bad enough, now the Country is doing it`s best laying the golden boots in. :oops:

Do something to make playing SANFL footy more attractive and they wont leave in droves.

1 Players will be playing in a compeition that is a far better standard than Country league.
2 Players will now be on main stream tv with huge exposure, Even when the ABC were telecasting it was more attractive for the players than the country league.
3 Players will be playing on surfaces that are far superior than their Country counterparts.
Honestly that is just a couple of advantages in playing in the SANFL compared to Country.
Don`t get me wrong players who want to head back to their original clubs to finish of their careers is fine by me, providing it is for the right reasons.
Cashed up Country clubs is what shits me and it is hurting the SANFL big time. If you cannot see that then you probably never will.
Do you honestly think if there was a cap in the Country league we would be having this discussion?

Good luck capping it.
Do you seriously expect guys to train 5-6 days a week often having to leave work early to earn a meagre pay at SANFL level, there are still guys being paid $50 a game to play ressies level.
Guys can come up to the country, earn a bit of coin and only train twice a week, then on a Saturday night they can go out and have a few beers without being dragged over the coals by a SANFL club.
Make SANFL more attractive and players will stay simple
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3559 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby daysofourlives » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:35 pm

o five wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:

Perhaps the SANFL should cap the amount of training clubs can expect players to do, that wouyld be a good start.
Perhaps the the SANFL clubs shouldnt place such high demands on 15 and 16yr olds, by the time they reach 20 theyve had enough
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2425 times
Been liked: 1663 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby The Sleeping Giant » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:58 pm

Does any SANFL club train 5-6 days a week? Don't think so.
Cannabis is safer than alcohol
The Sleeping Giant
Coach

Has liked: 69 times
Been liked: 193 times

Postby prowling panther » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:39 pm

They may not train 5/6 days a week, they are active at their clubs 5/6 days a week and play on the 7th day, I don't believe they get paid enough for the hours they put in, then again where is the extra monies going to come from...yours and mine hip pockets.
I wish my remembering was as good as my forgetting
prowling panther
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 28 times
Grassroots Team: Hectorville

Postby The Dark Knight » Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:51 am

The Sleeping Giant wrote:Does any SANFL club train 5-6 days a week? Don't think so.

Port trains 3-5 times a week preseason and 3 times a week during the season.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10388 times
Been liked: 1534 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby The Sleeping Giant » Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:13 am

prowling panther wrote:They may not train 5/6 days a week, they are active at their clubs 5/6 days a week and play on the 7th day, I don't believe they get paid enough for the hours they put in, then again where is the extra monies going to come from...yours and mine hip pockets.

Hope north and the sanfl aren't counting on mine.
Cannabis is safer than alcohol
The Sleeping Giant
Coach

Has liked: 69 times
Been liked: 193 times

Postby DOC » Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:29 pm

Muffler wrote:
Bunton wrote:Correct. Not 'huge' coined. My very good contacts suggest it is 'astronomical' coin. Good luck to him. Money has always been his key driver in regards to football, and he has always done well in that respect.

Haha I cant win with you blokes. Well your very good contacts are very very wrong as well.
Considering he had a lot of higher offers than what Mclaren offered may suggest that money wasn't a driving force behind why he joined McLaren.
There could be a thing called 'respect' that played a massive part in securing Paz.
It's all good though keep using your 'Contacts' you'll get something right eventually!

Can confirm it is16k for 8 games.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 741 times
Been liked: 2111 times

Postby SANFLnut » Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:41 pm

That is officially huge coin if true.
SANFLnut
Reserves

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 65 times
Grassroots Team: Happy Valley

Postby Muffler » Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:15 pm

DOC wrote:
Muffler wrote:
Bunton wrote:Correct. Not 'huge' coined. My very good contacts suggest it is 'astronomical' coin. Good luck to him. Money has always been his key driver in regards to football, and he has always done well in that respect.

Haha I cant win with you blokes. Well your very good contacts are very very wrong as well.
Considering he had a lot of higher offers than what Mclaren offered may suggest that money wasn't a driving force behind why he joined McLaren.
There could be a thing called 'respect' that played a massive part in securing Paz.
It's all good though keep using your 'Contacts' you'll get something right eventually!

Can confirm it is16k for 8 games.

Hahaha :lol: :roll:
Muffler
Under 18s

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 2 times

Postby Pag » Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:33 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:
The Sleeping Giant wrote:Does any SANFL club train 5-6 days a week? Don't think so.

From what I've been told by a mate who is a regular league footballer, you're looking at training Monday/Wednesday/Friday, a weights session on Tuesday, a game on Saturday and a recovery session on Sunday.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Postby heater31 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:43 pm

Pag wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:

From what I've been told by a mate who is a regular league footballer, you're looking at training Monday/Wednesday/Friday, a weights session on Tuesday, a game on Saturday and a recovery session on Sunday.

Then fit in physio appointments around that as well....
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1265 times

Postby am Bays » Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:52 pm

Pag wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:

Yup that sounds right
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 164 times
Been liked: 1830 times

Postby beenreal » Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:10 pm

Pag wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:

Even better. Run the opposition off their legs I say. I'm sure the prospective workload came as no surprise to any player who signed on to be part of the elite football program at the Magpies.
PORT ADELAIDE FOOTBALL CLUB
Serving the community since 1870
Developing footballers for 143 years
Proud of the Past, Confident of the Future
beenreal
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Seaton Ramblers

Postby dedja » Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:25 pm

That elite program has served you well over the last 15 years ...
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 1024 times

Postby beenreal » Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:33 pm

dedja wrote:That elite program has served you well over the last 15 years ...

Still no Spoons though.

8)
PORT ADELAIDE FOOTBALL CLUB
Serving the community since 1870
Developing footballers for 143 years
Proud of the Past, Confident of the Future
beenreal
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Seaton Ramblers

Postby SDK » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:26 pm

Say what you want about Craig Parry but he was a xxxxing ripper of a player for the Eagles and represented this State.
He has retired from SANFL with an admittedly tarnished record but good luck to him if he can earn a few bucks at the end of his football days.
I enjoyed watching him play.
SDK
League - Best 21

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 51 times

Postby Big Phil » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:00 pm

Former Central player Paul Marschall is named on the SANFL clearance page, from SGFC to the Adelaide Crows Reserves...
Big Phil
Coach

Has liked: 120 times
Been liked: 273 times

Postby Kahuna » Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:38 pm

Big Phil wrote:Former Central player Paul Marschall is named on the SANFL clearance page, from SGFC to the Adelaide Crows Reserves...

That pees me off more than anything I have read on here in ages.
Kahuna
League - Top 5

Has liked: 504 times
Been liked: 187 times

Postby smac » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:10 pm

I thought a SANFL player from the last 2 seasons was off limits? Or has he been gone 2 years already?

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk
smac
Coach

Has liked: 165 times
Been liked: 233 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL