SANFL MRP News & Discussions

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: 2014 Tribunal News & Discussions

Postby bulldogproud2 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:02 pm

Bounce of the ball wrote:
Wedgie wrote:
Bounce of the ball wrote:Reportable yes but anyone would think he stood there and king hit him.

Was worse than a king hit IMHO as had the momentum of a run up and his body behind it.

The same distance as Symes had to run and hardly a run up. Reckless yes but to no way near as severe as a king hit.

The impact would have been worse than a king hit due to the momentum giving added force to the forearm that hit Brad and the fact both players were off the ground at the time of impact. Admittedly, the intent may not have been as premeditated as a king hit.
bulldogproud2
League - Best 21

Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: Imperials

Postby Grahaml » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:03 pm

whufc wrote:
Bounce of the ball wrote:Was it Symes that collected Ainger ?

No buy Symes was the first bloke to check if Aingers was ok

Yep, sorry that you can't now try to use a retaliation defense.
Grahaml
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 169 times

Postby Bounce of the ball » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:10 pm

Grahaml wrote:
Wedgie wrote:
Bounce of the ball wrote:Reportable yes but anyone would think he stood there and king hit him.

Was worse than a king hit IMHO as had the momentum of a run up and his body behind it.

The same distance as Symes had to run and hardly a run up. Reckless yes but to no way near as severe as a king hit.

So once you run a certain distance anything people do to you is less severe? Odd opinion. As is the opinion it was less severe than a king hit. Standing and punching someone with a clenched fist is obviously pretty poor, but likely to do more damage to your own hand or wrist without proper training. Hit someone with an elbow though and you'll do more damage at less risk. The only thing in Grocke's favour really is the fact it wasn't 100 metres behind play.

Mixing my words a tad.

Never said anything about severity , I just stated their was no run up as such.

If you honestly believe king hitting someone is less severe then thats disappointing , especially considering the current campaign .

But like I said, yes reportable.
Bounce of the ball
Reserves

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 65 times

Postby Bounce of the ball » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:11 pm

Grahaml wrote:
whufc wrote:

No buy Symes was the first bloke to check if Aingers was ok

Yep, sorry that you can't now try to use a retaliation defense.

Not at all.
Bounce of the ball
Reserves

Postby Bounce of the ball » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:14 pm

Big Phil wrote:

No, it wasn't, Bounce of the ball, it was Tom Collier that bumped into Ainger...

So, what are your thoughts on how many games Grocke should get?

Others say it was Symes but I'm sure you are right.

No idea , not across the report system now.
Bounce of the ball
Reserves

Postby Bounce of the ball » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:15 pm

bulldogproud2 wrote:
Wedgie wrote:

The impact would have been worse than a king hit due to the momentum giving added force to the forearm that hit Brad and the fact both players were off the ground at the time of impact. Admittedly, the intent may not have been as premeditated as a king hit.

Good post.
Bounce of the ball
Reserves

Postby kickinit » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:27 pm

bulldogproud2 wrote:
Wedgie wrote:

A king hit would of been 100 times worse then that bump. Get someone to king hit you and see how many bones they break. All symes suffered was a concussion which would of been caused from the impact of hitting the ground.
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 95 times

Postby whufc » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:32 pm

I think you will find he was out before he even hit the ground.

All really depends on the impact and the force behing it. I imagine with the speed Grocke was travelling at would have made the impact pretty large.

Funnily enough i have been belted a few times and copped less damage to the face than aciddently getting a glanced elbow on certain occasions.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5617 times
Been liked: 2543 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Big Phil » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:39 pm

Big Phil wrote:

No, it wasn't, Bounce of the ball, it was Tom Collier that bumped into Ainger...

The vision, and commentary, shows it wasn't Symes and was Collier that bumped into Ainger...

Fair enough on not having an opinion on the possible suspension, just thought you might have had a number in mind?
Big Phil
Coach

Has liked: 120 times
Been liked: 274 times

Postby Bounce of the ball » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:46 pm

Big Phil wrote:
Big Phil wrote:

The vision, and commentary, shows it wasn't Symes and was Collier that bumped into Ainger...

Fair enough on not having an opinion on the possible suspension, just thought you might have had a number in mind?

Its not X Lotto . The whole having a number in mind system is old. Like I said the system has changed and I am not across it. Is that OK ? Should I get a note from my Mum for you.

Like I said , I am sure you are right.
Bounce of the ball
Reserves

Postby Big Phil » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:49 pm

I think it will probably result in a 6 week suspension handed out...
Big Phil
Coach

Has liked: 120 times
Been liked: 274 times

Postby kickinit » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:17 pm

whufc wrote:I think you will find he was out before he even hit the ground.

All really depends on the impact and the force behing it. I imagine with the speed Grocke was travelling at would have made the impact pretty large.

Funnily enough i have been belted a few times and copped less damage to the face than aciddently getting a glanced elbow on certain occasions.

I'd be very surprised if he was out before hitting the ground, he would of definitely had broken bones if he was. If Grocke didn't leave the ground the incident would been a lot worse. As soon as he left the ground he lost a lot of the force he would of had if he kept his feet.

The stupid thing about the incident is Grocke could of turned his head and had eyes on the ball and wouldn't of been sighted.
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 95 times

Postby RB » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:20 pm

8 weeks.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 773 times
Been liked: 1083 times

Postby Ted E Bear » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:25 pm

RB wrote:8 weeks.

non parole?
Ted E Bear
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 13 times

Postby SDK » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:35 pm

When your opponent is committed to the ball with eyes on the ball and you have no intention of contesting for the ball and have eyes only on your opponent with intention to hit him with no chance of him protecting himself that is a cowardly act.
Minimum 6 weeks but deserves 8.
SDK
League - Best 21

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 51 times

Postby whufc » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:44 pm

kickinit wrote:
whufc wrote:I think you will find he was out before he even hit the ground.

I'd be very surprised if he was out before hitting the ground, he would of definitely had broken bones if he was. If Grocke didn't leave the ground the incident would been a lot worse. As soon as he left the ground he lost a lot of the force he would of had if he kept his feet.

The stupid thing about the incident is Grocke could of turned his head and had eyes on the ball and wouldn't of been sighted.

Even if Grocke turned his head I think he would be struggling to avoid a 'reckless' charge
whufc
Coach

Postby holden78 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:54 am

The same distance as Symes had to run and hardly a run up. Reckless yes but to no way near as severe as a king hit.[/quote]

The impact would have been worse than a king hit due to the momentum giving added force to the forearm that hit Brad and the fact both players were off the ground at the time of impact. Admittedly, the intent may not have been as premeditated as a king hit.[/quote]

A king hit would of been 100 times worse then that bump. Get someone to king hit you and see how many bones they break. All symes suffered was a concussion which would of been caused from the impact of hitting the ground.[/quote]

Where is the striking charge if it's the worst act ever as most of you old women are carrying on about? Maybe the umpire had just witnessed Ainger get taken off concussed!
Grocke made every effort to make the contest as his blood was boiling and he will miss games for getting it wrong, but it was no king hit.
Collier might have second guessed starting it I would have thought! Payback on the field is as old as the game, new age Green voters should follow netball or the Crows :twisted:
holden78
League - Best 21

Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 55 times

Postby sjt » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:01 am

holden78 wrote:

The impact would have been worse than a king hit due to the momentum giving added force to the forearm that hit Brad and the fact both players were off the ground at the time of impact. Admittedly, the intent may not have been as premeditated as a king hit.[/quote]

A king hit would of been 100 times worse then that bump. Get someone to king hit you and see how many bones they break. All symes suffered was a concussion which would of been caused from the impact of hitting the ground.[/quote]

Where is the striking charge if it's the worst act ever as most of you old women are carrying on about? Maybe the umpire had just witnessed Ainger get taken off concussed!
Grocke made every effort to make the contest as his blood was boiling and he will miss games for getting it wrong, but it was no king hit.
Collier might have second guessed starting it I would have thought! Payback on the field is as old as the game, new age Green voters should follow netball or the Crows :twisted:[/quote]
One of the most idiotic posts ever on this site. The collier ainger collision wasn't even a free kick.
sjt
League - Best 21

Has liked: 118 times
Been liked: 59 times

Postby whufc » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:07 am

holden78 wrote:

Collier might have second guessed starting it I would have thought! Payback on the field is as old as the game, new age Green voters should follow netball or the Crows :twisted:[/quote]

I tend to agree with most of your posts but this is one of the worse posts ever (and I should know cause I have a few up there)

Your trying to compare an incident that wasn't even a free kick with one that will probably see a bloke get 5 or more weeks.

And why on earth would Collier second guess starting a marking contest in which he didnt even give away a free kick.
whufc
Coach

Postby whufc » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:07 am

holden78 wrote:

I tend to agree with most of your posts but this is one of the worse posts ever (and I should know cause I have a few up there)

Your trying to compare an incident that wasn't even a free kick with one that will probably see a bloke get 5 or more weeks.

And why on earth would Collier second guess starting a marking contest in which he didnt even give away a free kick.
whufc
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL