All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Rnd 4 - Port v West - Post Game

Postby dedja » Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:31 pm

Second Team wrote:
dedja wrote:
Second Team wrote:
dedja wrote:You're not speaking on my behalf ... Oh, and enjoy the spoon

You won a game mate not the premiership. :evil: :evil: :evil:

SANFL supporters having a go at each other ... See things really haven't changed. :lol:

West seem to be going backwards fast, where is their improvement going to come from in the rest of the season?

The improvement will come when we get our guys back and fit and we play the crap teams like the bays. :shock:

Now that's better ... see, things really haven't changed.

Rubbers is a quality coach and bloke, I'm sure he'll sort them out.
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 224 times
Been liked: 1046 times

Postby Dutchy » Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:44 pm

As per Sticky, match threads are for discussion about the match ONLY. Anything else will get deleted, like most of the posts on this thread (strangely mostly by Port fans.....)
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2348 times
Been liked: 3618 times

Postby Booney » Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:51 am

Mostly by Port fans? I would have thought the Bay and Bloods blokes talking shit would have been noticed too!

Anyone got any comments on the game, I was up North watching Orroroo Vs BMW on Saturday and didn't see any of the game.

Summerton bring his own ball?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7535 times
Been liked: 10843 times

Postby Gozu » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:16 pm

Crowd 2,585
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 660 times

Postby whufc » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:31 pm

That's a pretty ordinary crowd considering the power reserves are flying

Would it be fair to say the success of the Powers first team may hurt its reserves crowds
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5623 times
Been liked: 2544 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Booney » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:36 pm

About an average crowd for the Magpies and Westies at Alberton. Pretty much what those two teams have drawn for years.

I'd say the Port Adelaide Football Club AFL sides form wouldn't have little if any impact on the Port Adelaide Football Clubs SANFL sides attendances.

Anywho, still looking for a bit of a review of the game......as aside from this "discussion". Anyone help me with what happened on Saturday at Alberton on the field?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby whufc » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:41 pm

Booney wrote:About an average crowd for the Magpies and Westies at Alberton. Pretty much what those two teams have drawn for years.

I'd say the Port Adelaide Football Club AFL sides form wouldn't have little if any impact on the Port Adelaide Football Clubs SANFL sides attendances.

Anywho, still looking for a bit of a review of the game......as aside from this "discussion". Anyone help me with what happened on Saturday at Alberton on the field?

Probably wont find any discussion just like you won't find any on the Centrals vs South reserves game

:lol:

Jokes!!!
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5623 times
Been liked: 2544 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:45 pm

Booney wrote:About an average crowd for the Magpies and Westies at Alberton. Pretty much what those two teams have drawn for years.

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2 ... ed-victory
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby Booney » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:47 pm

Phantom Gossiper wrote:

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2 ... ed-victory

Thanks...(I'd already read that, was actually just interested to see if anyone here watched the game)
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby RustyCage » Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:25 pm

heater31 wrote:
kickinit wrote:
Wolf Pack wrote:Went to the game today, what a joke the SANFL has become.
To expect West to compete against the Power is embarrassing really.
AND why is the Port Magpies song played after a win.....
They don't exist anymore.......
I don't get it......
To our President..........
This is what you voted for!!!!!
Absolute joke!!!!!!
For what it's worth, I thought I guys battled hard all day!!

You sir need to go to spec savers, we play the MAGPIES song because we are the MAGPIES

Only if you have black and white glasses on......

The PAFC can tell most of us that this isn't the case until its blue in the face. But non PAFC supporters are not stupid :roll:

Just constantly act like it on these type of threads
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby Dols » Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:41 pm

Booney wrote:Anywho, still looking for a bit of a review of the game......as aside from this "discussion". Anyone help me with what happened on Saturday at Alberton on the field?

Very ordinary game to watch. West were very competitive for the first half, only ports straight goal kicking kept them in front. West as usual pushed a lot of players behind the ball, at times all 18 of their players were in their defensive 50 (very ugly).

In 3rd qtr port were more direct and used the corridor well. Pin point delivery allowed them to kick 5 or 6 quick ones and the game was over.

Summerton was terrific, his disposal has gone to a new level. Newton had strong run and he got a lot of it but disposal was not up to expected level of a afl listed mid fielder. Logan and Calhouhen were dominant up back but often were loose as west had 2 or 3 behind the ball. Butcher very rusty, hot 5 easy ones in the second half.
Dols
Reserves

Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Leon_LeCornu » Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:12 pm

What a fantastic performance, a classic case of the ol' 'All played well'. Such exciting football to watch when everyone gets up and running. West Adelaide's negative tactics were never going to succeed against our million dollar Magpies.

Ben Newton - outstanding. Amazing skills overhead and his clearance work was elite. Will get a call up to the Power soon. Thought young Zac Hawkins did really well - great to see good local Port Adelaide boys go so well. Others in the best were Summerton, Moore and P.Stew.

I'd expect Sam Gray to be back in the team next week - perhaps Impey to debut for the Magpies also. Exciting times! Very close to top of the ladder in both the SANFL and the AFL.
Leon_LeCornu
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 6 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Previous

Board index   Football  SANFL