Round 9 - Sturt v South Adelaide - POST MATCH

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Round 9 - Sturt v South Adelaide - POST MATCH

Postby heater31 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:21 pm

Booney wrote:
Mr Fuller wrote:
LPH wrote:
I have to admit (& it has nothing to do with the performances) it is difficult to have the same 'passion' for another team.
I find myself 'barracking' for them but the emotion is not the same.
I think my interest in SANFL is slowly diminishing & that upsets me.

Morphettville may well get my 'full-time' patronage as of 2015, unfortunately :(

I must admit I don't know how anyone could go from barracking for one team one year to suddenly attempting to barrack for another the next. It just doesn't work that way. All the years of supporting in the club, through thick and thin, standing in the rain and supporting them as they get flogged, enjoying the wins when you know the players have busted their guts - it builds up a strong emotional attachment with the club. All that does not get transferred to a new club overnight.

I'm sure this is what happened when West Torrens and Woodville merged though. So many supporters from each club would have seen the merger as a new team rather than one representing woodvill or west torrens. Without any emotional tie they simply walked away from the game rather than supporting the new eagles or even supporting a rival club. SAme thing with Fitzroy in the AFL.

Nobody can and LPH admits that himself, there's no passion for his new club.

It can't happen in 1 off season IMHO. It takes a couple and a premiership helps speed up the process.
heater31

Has liked: 526 times
Been liked: 1273 times

Re: Round 9 - Sturt v South Adelaide - POST MATCH

Postby darley16 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:29 pm

Some pathetic comments from some South folk, we have lost to 2 AFL teams chocha block with AFL players then 8 points to Sturt at Unley in what was a close game all day. Sturt aren't second to top for nothing, South are a good side and well coached with improvement still required, however the players endeavors and never give-up attitude which has been evident both on Saturday and all season will see more wins ahead.
darley16
Under 18s

Has liked: 232 times
Been liked: 58 times

Previous

Board index   Football  SANFL