North Adelaide announce Josh Carr as new Coach

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: North Adelaide announce Josh Carr as new Coach

Postby Bounce of the ball » Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:21 pm

Mighty a while back now but yes you betcha! A couple of good gigs for decent coaches. Remember a lot of injuries at Prospect.
Bounce of the ball
Reserves

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 65 times

Postby johntheclaret » Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:21 am

Dog_ger2 wrote:Will the Once Mighty Roosters improve in 2016?

What happened to Dog_ger 1, he'd know the answer to that
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby SANFLnut » Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:51 pm

Heard him speak to Rowey and Bicks the other day and I didn't think he nailed it. Gave the impression that he told Port he wanted their league job and they said no. Sounded a lot like someone who was just looking for another job to slide to rather than a really committed SANFL coach. Seemed to know little about their list and only really offered "get them fit" when asked about his coaching philosophy and plan. Anyone else hear it? Am I being to harsh or were others left unimpressed too?
SANFLnut
Reserves

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 65 times
Grassroots Team: Happy Valley

Postby VALE PARK » Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:15 pm

Early days yet,I am sure he will give it his best shot.
I know this year North where still running when other clubs had started ball work.
IMHO they seriously need improvement in all their footy skills especially kicking.
I guess time will tell.
VALE PARK
Under 18s

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 59 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby wristwatcher » Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:00 am

Yes I'm pretty confident they can win two games :shock:
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 851 times

Postby Special One » Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:44 am

VALE PARK wrote:Early days yet,I am sure he will give it his best shot.
I know this year North where still running when other clubs had started ball work.
IMHO they seriously need improvement in all their footy skills especially kicking.
I guess time will tell.

I've been told the opposite after asking an league player if that statement is correct. He responded absolute bullshit balls are out day 1 of preseason. As well each player receives their own personal footy to work on their skills throughout the season. The results stem from flogging a dead horse. North coaches had the belief you just train harder to get results instead of trying new things. From what I've been told they would get flogged on the track consistently and the player rebelled against this. By end of the season Handby had done more damage to the playing group then Kenny. From my knowledge everything went pair shaped in preseason when a senior player went out and got blind drunk in a Saturday night. Turned up to the Sunday session still intoxicated and Kenny sacked him there and then. The players pressured Kenny to give him another chance and he did. For your information this player is a fringe league player.
Special One
Rookie

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Burr

Postby o five » Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:58 pm

Special One wrote:
VALE PARK wrote:Early days yet,I am sure he will give it his best shot.
I guess time will tell.

I've been told the opposite after asking an league player if that statement is correct. He responded absolute bullshit balls are out day 1 of preseason. As well each player receives their own personal footy to work on their skills throughout the season. The results stem from flogging a dead horse. North coaches had the belief you just train harder to get results instead of trying new things. From what I've been told they would get flogged on the track consistently and the player rebelled against this. By end of the season Handby had done more damage to the playing group then Kenny. From my knowledge everything went pair shaped in preseason when a senior player went out and got blind drunk in a Saturday night. Turned up to the Sunday session still intoxicated and Kenny sacked him there and then. The players pressured Kenny to give him another chance and he did. For your information this player is a fringe league player.

Who is the fringe player Ol Special One?
o five
Under 16s

Has liked: 219 times
Been liked: 39 times

Postby Magellan » Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:54 pm

wristwatcher wrote:

Yes I'm pretty confident they can win two games :shock:

I'd be happy with a draw or two. You have to crawl before you can walk, y'know. ;)
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Previous

Board index   Football  SANFL