Holding the Ball

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Holding the Ball

Postby therisingblues » Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:51 am

PatowalongaPirate wrote:There is a Norwood player at the bottom of the pack. He has the ball.

In a court of law you could argue that it's holding the man. If there's a Norwood bloke at the bottom who has the ball, why is the Glenelg bloke being tackled? If someone else has the ball could we not assume he's being tackled without possession?
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Re: Holding the Ball

Postby Scrapboy » Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:19 pm

Big Phil wrote:
PatowalongaPirate wrote:There is a Norwood player at the bottom of the pack. He has the ball.

And he was the one who jumped on the footy...

Once he does that, he has to be seen to be making an attempt to get rid of the ball...

I think the decision was the right one...

On the second to last video in the link below, pause it at 0:03 mark and you'll see Cachia has the opportunity to handpass the ball...

http://www.sanfl.com.au/news/sanfl_news/3576/

He tucks it in, knowing there are a lot of Glenelg players around, going to ground in the tackle and is then obviously pounced upon...

To me, that shows 'prior opportunity' and the correct decision is paid...

Now lets analyse the crap out of every other htb decision and non decision in the game the same way and see how they compare.

More often than not, holding the ball in 2016 = what always was, isn't and what never was, is.
Scrapboy

Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 25 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Previous

Board index   Football  SANFL