AFL Reserves Discussion...

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Are you in favour of the proposal for the Crows Reserves to join the SANFL League competition?

Yes
17%
No
74%
Not fussed either way
9%

Total votes : 201

Re: AFL Reserves Discussion...

Postby UK Fan » Thu May 30, 2013 3:04 pm

Booney wrote:
UK Fan wrote:
Lynwood wrote:
darley16 wrote:If you are against it tell you clubs CEO, i did, and if nothing else felt better for it. Don't sit back and spectate, participate by advising you club of your concerns. Phone, email, confront your clubs CEO's and Board Members, do it now and maintain the rage until this matter is voted on. :evil:

So wish I could do that, Have done in the past but all they try to do to Magpie fans is get you on board with the power, Fact is they do not really care about Magpie fans we are just a marketing tool for them.

Further proof Port would sell out anyone at anytime if it could make $50 out of it.
"We are family" bwaah!!!

A comment from a member of the cheer squad is further proof? :lol:

Take that evidence to court mate, it'll stand up.

I've had several very fruitful discussions with key Magpie personnel that did not involved any AFL/Power discussions nor even mention the AFL side of things.

You keep up the attack though.

Consider it done . Nothing against you but I think I'll back lynwoods comprehension of the situation over yours. ;)
Last edited by UK Fan on Thu May 30, 2013 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1205 times
Been liked: 504 times

Postby hottie » Thu May 30, 2013 8:22 pm

Hard to think what the final outcome will be,but did hear a few weeks back that both teams will be in the SANFL next year,but will it stop supporters going to footy?Lets hope it gets resolved,probably not going to keep everyone happy but either way have it done later this year once the licence issue has been sorted.Only problem is if the teams are allowed in the comp,and they are allowed to use young players that are with other SANFL clubs to top up the list,but havent been drafted compensation to the local clubs will be adequate.
hottie
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Callington

Postby whufc » Thu May 30, 2013 8:24 pm

hottie wrote:Hard to think what the final outcome will be,but did hear a few weeks back that both teams will be in the SANFL next year,but will it stop supporters going to footy?Lets hope it gets resolved,probably not going to keep everyone happy but either way have it done later this year once the licence issue has been sorted.Only problem is if the teams are allowed in the comp,and they are allowed to use young players that are with other SANFL clubs to top up the list,but havent been drafted compensation to the local clubs will be adequate.

Who said that!
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5610 times
Been liked: 2538 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Tassie Blues » Thu May 30, 2013 9:16 pm

So if the crows and power have teams in the VFL where do you think the top up players are going to come from? They will come from SANFL clubs so clubs will lose the current AFL listed players and also a few others that would jump at the chance to play for an AFL club in the hope of getting drafted. Plus playing every 2nd weekend in Melbourne in front of the other AFL clubs scouts.

As someone that now lives in Victoria I would love the crows to have a team in the VFL would certainly get me to the footy more often.
Tassie Blues
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby The Sleeping Giant » Thu May 30, 2013 9:25 pm

Well the vfl is already a dogs breakfast.
Cannabis is safer than alcohol
The Sleeping Giant
Coach

Has liked: 69 times
Been liked: 193 times

Postby whufc » Thu May 30, 2013 9:31 pm

The Sleeping Giant wrote:Well the vfl is already a dogs breakfast.

well most grounds do allow you to take your dogs into them.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5610 times
Been liked: 2538 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby smac » Thu May 30, 2013 10:17 pm

At least if they are in SANFL reserves the SANFL clubs can control the situation regarding top up players. Might be the best result in the end.
smac
Coach

Has liked: 165 times
Been liked: 233 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby am Bays » Thu May 30, 2013 10:22 pm

whufc wrote:well most grounds do allow you to take your dogs into them.

Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 164 times
Been liked: 1830 times

Postby LPH » Thu May 30, 2013 10:36 pm

When the merge occurred, as far as I was concerned, West Torrens (the club I supported & played for) ceased to exist.

Woodville-West Torrens was a 'new' (newly formed @ least) Club.
Yes, it had ties with the 2 former clubs, but it was an entirely new entity as far as I was concerned.
I bought a Crows Season Ticket (which I gave up after the 1997 Season) & a WWT Scarf (still wear it actually).

The Leader of our Cheer Squad, I believe became one of the Leaders of the Crows Cheer Squad - please correct me if I'm wrong.
Like so many in 1991, many old West Torrens supporters (& others too) moved from SANFL to AFL - following the 'hype' that surrounded the Crows.

I don't think it was the merge necessarily that caused many of our supporters to disappear, more the advent of the 'New Boys in Town' - I still contend that had it not been for the advent of the AFC, West Torrens & Woodville may well have stayed on their own.
Anyone who was around then & remembers the 'panic & fear' for our SANFL competition surviving will acknowledge that - ultimately that's why PAFC were forced to stay in our competition & a 'corporate' team hastily assembled.

We are constantly 'bagged' as "quitters", "hybrids", "soft option takers" etc. etc. - that's fine, that is the nature of The Forum, but...

I now support 1 club - WWTFC.
If this club (that I am a paid up member of & have been for over a decade) vote to support AFL Reserves in he SANFL - I will 'wash my hands' of them.

My son (incidentally a Member since 2004 - 1st game was the 2003 Prelim Final vs Sturt as a 4 yr old) has known nothing but Woodville - West Torrens FC.
He, like all the other '2nd Generation' supporters of our club, knows only "The Eagles".
To him, what went on before means very little - he too will NOT support his club allowing the competition to become compromised.

We will take our patronage & our money & go somewhere else - probably the A-League.

This is not "giving up" or being "fair whether supporters" - it is simply because we love supporting the SANFL as a whole.
We will continue to go to the Grand Final - that is OUR Day together EVERY year, regardless of who's playing.
But we will not otherwise support a competition (& a club for that matter) that is considered a 'Mickey Mouse' "feeder" competition for the AFL Clubs in this state.
We have a competition that has been going for 136 years - it would be a travesty if that tradition were removed to simply pander to the Victorian Dominated so-called National Competition.
Stephen Trigg & Rob Chapman are SA Football Patriots
LPH
League - Best 21

Has liked: 541 times
Been liked: 326 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby The Sleeping Giant » Thu May 30, 2013 10:50 pm

LEH wrote:When the merge occurred, as far as I was concerned, West Torrens (the club I supported & played for) ceased to exist.

Yes, it had ties with the 2 former clubs, but it was an entirely new entity as far as I was concerned.
I bought a Crows Season Ticket (which I gave up after the 1997 Season) & a WWT Scarf (still wear it actually).

The Leader of our Cheer Squad, I believe became one of the Leaders of the Crows Cheer Squad - please correct me if I'm wrong.
Like so many in 1991, many old West Torrens supporters (& others too) moved from SANFL to AFL - following the 'hype' that surrounded the Crows.

I don't think it was the merge necessarily that caused many of our supporters to disappear, more the advent of the 'New Boys in Town' - I still contend that had it not been for the advent of the AFC, West Torrens & Woodville may well have stayed on their own.
Anyone who was around then & remembers the 'panic & fear' for our SANFL competition surviving will acknowledge that - ultimately that's why PAFC were forced to stay in our competition & a 'corporate' team hastily assembled.

We are constantly 'bagged' as "quitters", "hybrids", "soft option takers" etc. etc. - that's fine, that is the nature of The Forum, but...

If this club (that I am a paid up member of & have been for over a decade) vote to support AFL Reserves in he SANFL - I will 'wash my hands' of them.

My son (incidentally a Member since 2004 - 1st game was the 2003 Prelim Final vs Sturt as a 4 yr old) has known nothing but Woodville - West Torrens FC.
He, like all the other '2nd Generation' supporters of our club, knows only "The Eagles".
To him, what went on before means very little - he too will NOT support his club allowing the competition to become compromised.

We will take our patronage & our money & go somewhere else - probably the A-League.

This is not "giving up" or being "fair whether supporters" - it is simply because we love supporting the SANFL as a whole.
We will continue to go to the Grand Final - that is OUR Day together EVERY year, regardless of who's playing.
But we will not otherwise support a competition (& a club for that matter) that is considered a 'Mickey Mouse' "feeder" competition for the AFL Clubs in this state.
We have a competition that has been going for 136 years - it would be a travesty if that tradition were removed to simply pander to the Victorian Dominated so-called National Competition.

What happens when the team you support folds, mergers, relocates or the A-League collapses?
Cannabis is safer than alcohol
The Sleeping Giant
Coach

Has liked: 69 times
Been liked: 193 times

Postby LPH » Thu May 30, 2013 11:03 pm

TV Sport, I guess.

I am Fulham 1st, above ALL else anyway - so "football" is the major (Fox Sports, ESPN, Setanta).

SAJC Membership is also an option.
Stephen Trigg & Rob Chapman are SA Football Patriots
LPH
League - Best 21

Has liked: 541 times
Been liked: 326 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Pseudo » Fri May 31, 2013 2:03 am

therisingblues wrote:I'd imagine some of those more impressionable baby boomers were siphoned off by more successful clubs in the 70's and 80's

Some truth in that. My Dad's side of the family was Torrens. Grandfather played a few games for 'em in the forties. My father ended up following Neil Kerley from club to club until he settled at Glenelg (Mum's side of the family was pure Glenelg). The younger of my uncles also ended up following Glenelg, though I don't know how he made the leap.
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1563 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby JK » Fri May 31, 2013 3:13 am

smac wrote:At least if they are in SANFL reserves the SANFL clubs can control the situation regarding top up players. Might be the best result in the end.

To a degree ..
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4465 times
Been liked: 2992 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby UK Fan » Fri May 31, 2013 8:45 am

fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1205 times
Been liked: 504 times

Postby TEX07 » Fri May 31, 2013 8:57 am

UK Fan wrote:http://m.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/adelaide-crows-determined-to-have-second-team-in-2014/story-e6frecoc-1226654119195

Phil Harper is a very ugly man.
hola acabo de hacer que el yo se resuelve lo que este los medios en español
TEX07
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 140 times
Been liked: 49 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby CENTURION » Fri May 31, 2013 8:57 am

TEX07 wrote:
UK Fan wrote:http://m.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/adelaide-crows-determined-to-have-second-team-in-2014/story-e6frecoc-1226654119195

Phil Harper is a very ugly man.

ape-like?
Member No. 988 & PROUD to sponsor The CDFC!!
CENTURION
Coach

Has liked: 204 times
Been liked: 112 times

Postby Macca19 » Fri May 31, 2013 9:50 am

So going by that article, port is a done deal?
Macca19
League - Best 21

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby CENTURION » Fri May 31, 2013 9:52 am

that was apparent months ago.
Member No. 988 & PROUD to sponsor The CDFC!!
CENTURION
Coach

Has liked: 204 times
Been liked: 112 times

Postby Harry the Horse » Fri May 31, 2013 10:35 am

Macca19 wrote:So going by that article, port is a done deal?

Not at all. Port is relying entirely on the Crows in this matter. They do not have the money to field a side in the VFL, NEAFL or whatever, hence their desperation to make the Magpies their reserves team in the SANFL.
If, as I expect, the SANFL clubs block this, the Crows will seek an alternative that may leave the Power out in the cold.
If the Crows field their reserves side interstate, Port are stuffed and will have to continue with the Magpies as their "pseudo" reserves team, garnering young players by stealth as they have been doing.
Port's only real options atm are SANFL, SANFL reserves or maybe Amateurs but I can't see either the Crows or the Power wanting to expose elite footballers to some of the yahoos running around in the ammos.
Harry the Horse
Under 16s

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 23 times

Postby hereselmo1 » Fri May 31, 2013 10:51 am

LEH wrote:When the merge occurred, as far as I was concerned, West Torrens (the club I supported & played for) ceased to exist.

Welcome aboard :)
hereselmo1
Under 16s

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 1 time

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL