Reserves - PAFC accepts invite from SA Football Commission

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Port Adelaide Reserves

Postby TimmiesChin » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:23 pm

Aerie wrote:
Macca19 wrote:
LEH wrote:Olson stated on 'Radio AFL' last Wednesday Night, that was the figure.

Even if it is 1/2 of that, pay your debt back first before 'forking out' more $$$ to play in the VFL!!!

Olsen doesn't know what hes talking about. Port may have been given $12m as a grand total but the majority has come from the AFL, not the SANFL.

That was a loan to the SANFL from the AFL that the SANFL have to pay back. So effectively, the SANFL is left with your debt.

Correct. But note it was a grant to port.... not a loan.

If the sanfl didn't own out license the AFL would have made the grant to port under it's equalisation policy, but weren't prepared to do this with sanfl as license holder. (Clubs such as bulldogs and kangaroos have Been getting 3-4 million more than port in grants for years.)
TimmiesChin
Under 18s

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 14 times

Postby TimmiesChin » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:25 pm

By the way I suspect the vfl thing won't happen, so really just speaking on t he hypothetical scenario.

Something will give somewhere.
TimmiesChin
Under 18s

Been liked: 14 times

Postby whufc » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:26 pm

TimmiesChin wrote:By the way I suspect the vfl thing won't happen, so really just speaking on t he hypothetical scenario.

Something will give somewhere.

Is it a poor Triggs bluff
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5611 times
Been liked: 2538 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby CedeNullis » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:31 pm

Pseudo wrote:
Magpiespower wrote:Some of the more militant fans on other forums are calling for the Magpies to breakaway from One Club and join the ammos!

Why not just break away from One Club and stay in the SANFL?

Port Adelaide's ambit claim of wanting 'everything' is part of their strategic plan. They cannot pull the trigger on the Port Magpies, so much easier for the SANFL to do it for them. They are an AFL club. The Crows gaining entry into the SANFL has now put more pressure on Port to cut the Magpies loose. Port will eventually say in one form or another, 'there was nothing we could do about it'...the Magpies are gone...Hello Port Adelaide Reserves in the SANFL.
CedeNullis
Under 16s

Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 11 times

Postby Aerie » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:36 pm

Macca19 wrote:
Aerie wrote:
Macca19 wrote:
LEH wrote:Olson stated on 'Radio AFL' last Wednesday Night, that was the figure.

Even if it is 1/2 of that, pay your debt back first before 'forking out' more $$$ to play in the VFL!!!

Olsen doesn't know what hes talking about. Port may have been given $12m as a grand total but the majority has come from the AFL, not the SANFL.

That was a loan to the SANFL from the AFL that the SANFL have to pay back. So effectively, the SANFL is left with your debt.

$3m. Not $12.5m

http://www.sanfl.com.au/files/_system/F ... ANFLAR.pdf

"The SANFL has now committed to provide the Port Adelaide Football Club with a total of $14.75 million in grants since 2007 which has had a significant negative impact on both earnings and the net asset position of the SANFL."
Aerie
Coach

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 509 times

Postby on the rails » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:39 pm

F**k the PAFC - why can't they play by and or accept the same rules as everyone else? This whole AFL Reserves issue is historically their fault as they "back doored" the SANFL and tried to cut a deal with the then VFL with no concern for the rest of the SANFL which forced a hastily organised AFC.

Surely even the diehard Magpie fans have to know the Magpies are dead! If they want to go play in the VFL then good luck if they think it will cost them between $400K and $700K per year! Who is going to fund the VFL teams playing away in SA every second week or are Port going to play away every week?

Let me know who is in charge of that "fiasco" of a plan so I can send them the contact details of my works Charter Air Arm - I am sure we could do them a good deal on a 100 seat jet for weekly travel! :shock:
Piss weak SANFL and the CLOWNS who run it.
on the rails
League - Top 5

Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 83 times

Postby eddie eagle » Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:23 am

on the rails wrote:F**k the PAFC - why can't they play by and or accept the same rules as everyone else? This whole AFL Reserves issue is historically their fault as they "back doored" the SANFL and tried to cut a deal with the then VFL with no concern for the rest of the SANFL which forced a hastily organised AFC.

Surely even the diehard Magpie fans have to know the Magpies are dead! If they want to go play in the VFL then good luck if they think it will cost them between $400K and $700K per year! Who is going to fund the VFL teams playing away in SA every second week or are Port going to play away every week?

Let me know who is in charge of that "fiasco" of a plan so I can send them the contact details of my works Charter Air Arm - I am sure we could do them a good deal on a 100 seat jet for weekly travel! :shock:

I can just see the marketing for the Jet - "Con Air".

Port can get stuffed, the backstabing traitors of SA Footy from 1990 are getting smacked by the KARMA bus. Could not happen to a nicer bunch of people. Warms the heart in this cool weather. Bye Ethelton Magpies
eddie eagle
Under 16s

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Booney » Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:32 am

Pseudo wrote:
Macca19 wrote:I am so completely over this its not funny. Wake me up in March next year.

Aren't you going to come and present me with a spoon in round 23?

Do you prefer a standard kitchen model or the 70's style giant wall hanging version?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7519 times
Been liked: 10818 times

Postby Jim05 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:03 am

Booney wrote:
Pseudo wrote:
Macca19 wrote:I am so completely over this its not funny. Wake me up in March next year.

Do you prefer a standard kitchen model or the 70's style giant wall hanging version?

Just keep hold of it, your ressies may be requiring one ;)
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3562 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby areaman » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:20 am

Need to talk with the bank shortly about funds to buy a house.

Wonder if I can ask for a grant rather than a loan?

Might give Chris Davies a call if the bank make me take it as a loan.
areaman
Under 16s

Been liked: 31 times

Postby Booney » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:37 am

Jim05 wrote:
Booney wrote:
Pseudo wrote:

Just keep hold of it, your ressies may be requiring one ;)

Reserves are just for development mate, not there to actually win anything. ;)
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7519 times
Been liked: 10818 times

Postby Jim05 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:00 am

Booney wrote:Reserves are just for development mate, not there to actually win anything. ;)

Come on Boon, Trigg has denied this
Why wouldnt I take his word as gospel :lol:
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3562 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby beenreal » Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:52 pm

on the rails wrote:F**k the PAFC - why can't they play by and or accept the same rules as everyone else? This whole AFL Reserves issue is historically their fault as they "back doored" the SANFL and tried to cut a deal with the then VFL with no concern for the rest of the SANFL which forced a hastily organised AFC.

Awwww, look at you getting your feathers all ruffled about 1990, all over again OTR.

Yep, if only those mean old Port boys hadn't rattled the cage, that nasty AFL thing would never have come to South Australia. Life would have remained all Happy Days and Safari Suits.

Your team didn't lose again on the weekend did it?
PORT ADELAIDE FOOTBALL CLUB
Serving the community since 1870
Developing footballers for 143 years
Proud of the Past, Confident of the Future
beenreal
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Seaton Ramblers

Postby on the rails » Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:31 pm

beenreal wrote: Yep, if only those mean old Port boys hadn't rattled the cage, that nasty AFL thing would never have come to South Australia. Life would have remained all Happy Days and Safari Suits.

Your team didn't lose again on the weekend did it?

Is that your best comeback? lol :D

Will you be around for another year or will Thomas and Koch finally bite the bullet and kill the Magpies off once and for all and meet the SANFL deadline for 2014?

Re the reference to the past - wasn't that when your club dominated the comp? lol :roll: Good to see you looking back and getting into practice because that will be all you will have soon as far as the Magpies go!!! Oh how sad....NOT!
Piss weak SANFL and the CLOWNS who run it.
on the rails
League - Top 5

Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 83 times

Postby therisingblues » Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:00 pm

Aerie wrote:
Power From Port wrote:Went to a Dinner in the Port last tuesday and there were some Magpie/Power officials as guest speakers.

Apparently for 2015 they have two backup options if they dont get their prefered option. One was become the powers reserves and potentialy align with a ammos club i.e Port Districts and have an independant academy

Plan B Was to play in the VFL

Thoughts

An alignment with an Amateur Club in the Port area won't cut it. The SANFL zones will get re-aligned and Port's zone would be dead for whichever SANFL club had to take it as all the kids in the area would play for Port District. That's not going to be good for the SANFL.

Good luck affording the VFL if the Crows can't.

I think in the end the biggest losers out of all this Reserves debate will be the Port Magpies supporters. The only ones they can blame are the Power.

You've brought this up before about what'd happen with Port's zone if another club took it over, and I think you're bang on the money, ie. It'd be unfair for the Eagles to have to surrender some of its true heartland in exchange for a larger slice of Port's zone which would be filled with people who still love Port and don't give a damn about the Eagles. In fact the end result would potentially mean less available willing young players for the Eagles.
Perhaps a way around this, is to give a slice of Port's zone to each of the 8 clubs, regardless of how far away they are.
P.S the Power's original proposal was much netter than the Crows. It's a shame that it's come to this.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Pseudo » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:06 pm

Booney wrote:
Pseudo wrote:

Better be the '70s style one since apparently as a SANFL fan I'm living in the past.
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1563 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Pseudo » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:08 pm

therisingblues wrote:You've brought this up before about what'd happen with Port's zone if another club took it over, and I think you're bang on the money, ie. It'd be unfair for the Eagles to have to surrender some of its true heartland in exchange for a larger slice of Port's zone which would be filled with people who still love Port and don't give a damn about the Eagles. In fact the end result would potentially mean less available willing young players for the Eagles.
Perhaps a way around this, is to give a slice of Port's zone to each of the 8 clubs, regardless of how far away they are.

Simple fix: merge PAM with the Eagles. :twisted:
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1563 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby cracka » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:13 pm

Pseudo wrote:
therisingblues wrote:You've brought this up before about what'd happen with Port's zone if another club took it over, and I think you're bang on the money, ie. It'd be unfair for the Eagles to have to surrender some of its true heartland in exchange for a larger slice of Port's zone which would be filled with people who still love Port and don't give a damn about the Eagles. In fact the end result would potentially mean less available willing young players for the Eagles.

Simple fix: merge PAM with the Eagles. :twisted:

Would that make them the WWTPA Magpies then.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 463 times
Been liked: 569 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Dogwatcher » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:46 am

That'd have them up there with Ganmain-Grong Grong Matong for lengthy names.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Dogwatcher » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:50 am

Looks like the Magpies will have Brett Ebert next season.
Will Johncock return or play for the Crows?
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL