Where to from here ?

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Where to from here ?

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:03 pm

Bounce of the ball wrote:Why ? The percentage increase over the last few years to compensate for a poor child , didn't equal club membership increases. ? Didn't we have a round where the entrance fee was $10 ?

Because purchasing a membership needs to be incentivised. 18 rounds x $10 = what I paid for my Glenelg membership this season. Now I will always be a member of Glenelg, but there would be a lot of people who would do the math and decide to pay at the gate for the games they attend. Clubs rely on membership $$ in the bank.
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 450 times
Been liked: 1221 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby wild dog » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:04 pm

whufc wrote:Funnily enough though it felt like through the nineties and early 2000's every second player was a teacher at a local school (Paul Thomas, Josh Coulter, Nathan Steinberner, Daniel Healy, Justin Casserly, Matthew Slade, Matthew Kreig, Richard Cochrane Jnr and Snr) No doubt that had a huge impact on the children who felt like they were part of the team because they 'knew' a player.

Same as the 70's. Sally Saywell, RIchard Cochrane, Trevor Stanton, Steven Boehm and Peter Bubner all teaching at the Downs which in it day was a massive school of 1500 students. I think Steven Trigg was a student teacher there or possibly Craigmore for a while.
wild dog
Under 18s

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 180 times
Grassroots Team: Smithfield

Postby Rising Power » Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:28 pm

wild dog wrote:
whufc wrote:Funnily enough though it felt like through the nineties and early 2000's every second player was a teacher at a local school (Paul Thomas, Josh Coulter, Nathan Steinberner, Daniel Healy, Justin Casserly, Matthew Slade, Matthew Kreig, Richard Cochrane Jnr and Snr) No doubt that had a huge impact on the children who felt like they were part of the team because they 'knew' a player.

Same as the 70's. Sally Saywell, RIchard Cochrane, Trevor Stanton, Steven Boehm and Peter Bubner all teaching at the Downs which in it day was a massive school of 1500 students. I think Steven Trigg was a student teacher there or possibly Craigmore for a while.

Graeme Kreig (Matthew's dad I think?) was a teacher at my high school in the 90's (might still be there) but no one barracked for Centrals. 75% would have been Norwood, 20% Port and 5% other.
Rising Power
Under 16s

Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 44 times
Grassroots Team: Hectorville

Previous

Board index   Football  SANFL