Reserves - PAFC accepts invite from SA Football Commission

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Port Adelaide Reserves

Postby Booney » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:56 am

Twighlight *hiccup* fixture *hiccup* for the last game *hiccup* of the year. :partyman:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7528 times
Been liked: 10836 times

Postby Macca19 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:58 am

The thing I dont understand is why the SANFL has given power to the league directors to expel clubs from the competition on a whim. If Rucci is correct that the directors will vote in November to remove the PAFC from the SANFL, then invite them back in a day later under the Crows model, I really dont understand why this would be considered good for football in this state.
Macca19
League - Best 21

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby Jim05 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:30 pm

Macca19 wrote:The thing I dont understand is why the SANFL has given power to the league directors to expel clubs from the competition on a whim. If Rucci is correct that the directors will vote in November to remove the PAFC from the SANFL, then invite them back in a day later under the Crows model, I really dont understand why this would be considered good for football in this state.

I dont think they can be expelled as such
I though the Magpies were given a license to exist for x ammount of years and that expires next year.
If that is the case the SANFL will just choose not to extend their license
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1127 times
Been liked: 3567 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Booney » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:36 pm

Jim05 wrote:
Macca19 wrote:The thing I dont understand is why the SANFL has given power to the league directors to expel clubs from the competition on a whim. If Rucci is correct that the directors will vote in November to remove the PAFC from the SANFL, then invite them back in a day later under the Crows model, I really dont understand why this would be considered good for football in this state.

I though the Magpies were given a license to exist for x ammount of years and that expires next year.

It was a three year license which expires at the end of 2014....but, the league directors can vote to cancel that license at any stage.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:40 pm

Booney wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

It was a three year license which expires at the end of 2014....but, the league directors can vote to cancel that license at any stage.

As much as I hate you pricks that is just crap.
Surely these imbeciles cant just expel anyone on a whim
Time for the comission to be decomissioned
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1127 times
Been liked: 3567 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby therisingblues » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:31 pm

Jim05 wrote:
Booney wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

As much as I hate you pricks that is just crap.
Surely these imbeciles cant just expel anyone on a whim
Time for the comission to be decomissioned

Don't think they'd be able to expel just anyone. Having read your posts it looks as though they're only able to cancel a temporary license.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby therisingblues » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:41 pm

P.S as much as they pissed me off during this reserves debate, a SANFL without a true Port is like DK Lillee without his moustache.
Aside from that, I just want to say that a real shitful thing to come out of this debate is that club of myriad wankers who believe that just because a thing is not perfect, it's quite okay to **** it up completely. I'm talking all fans here not just the "stop picking on us because we're Port" variety. I'd like to come around to your houses after a hot chicken and lentil vindaloo and take a dump on any piece of furniture I find not quite up to standard and see how you short sighted shitbrains enjoy it when said attitude gets applied to your own personal lives.
In the meantime try not to **** the SANFL up too much more. It just seems to get worse with each intrusion.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Booney » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:45 pm

With the Magpies not getting a vote, they can simply revoke the license.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Magpiespower » Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:10 pm

cracka wrote:
Pseudo wrote:Simple fix: merge PAM with the Eagles. :twisted:

Would that make them the WWTPA Magpies then.

Wouldn't be the first time they joined forces!

Reakon Port Natives is the way to go.

I know, I know, I'm living in the past, too...
Everyone can eat s#!t! A big bag of s#!t! I'm the greatest man in the world!
Magpiespower
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 125 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby CedeNullis » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:06 pm

therisingblues wrote:P.S as much as they pissed me off during this reserves debate, a SANFL without a true Port is like DK Lillee without his moustache.
Aside from that, I just want to say that a real shitful thing to come out of this debate is that club of myriad wankers who believe that just because a thing is not perfect, it's quite okay to **** it up completely. I'm talking all fans here not just the "stop picking on us because we're Port" variety. I'd like to come around to your houses after a hot chicken and lentil vindaloo and take a dump on any piece of furniture I find not quite up to standard and see how you short sighted shitbrains enjoy it when said attitude gets applied to your own personal lives.
In the meantime try not to **** the SANFL up too much more. It just seems to get worse with each intrusion.

These people are running the show. :roll: No shiny, 'world class stadium' is gonna change the stench of this. At the very least, you found out what the SANFL, Crows, Power and Media think of the SANFL and its supporters.
CedeNullis
Under 16s

Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 11 times

Postby LPH » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:12 pm

Magpiespower wrote:
cracka wrote:
Pseudo wrote:Simple fix: merge PAM with the Eagles. :twisted:

Would that make them the WWTPA Magpies then.

Wouldn't be the first time they joined forces!

Reakon Port Natives is the way to go.

I know, I know, I'm living in the past, too...

I recall the WWII side was 'Port-Torrens'
What about the 'Port-Torrens Peckers'???
Stephen Trigg & Rob Chapman are SA Football Patriots
LPH
League - Best 21

Has liked: 541 times
Been liked: 326 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Panther Pack » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:52 am

A question for Port Adelaide fans.

If Port Adelaide were to take up the same offer as the Crows for entering there AFL reserve team into the SANFL would you want them to be called the Magpies or Power and would you want them to wear the Magpies or Powers Guernsey?

Just curious what Port people think on this issue.
Panther Pack
Reserves

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 143 times

Postby TimmiesChin » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:48 pm

If the SANFL commission and clubs "force" port to adopt the exact same model as the Crows I'd prefer we stick the magpies guernsey in a museum, and instead play in some vanilla training top.

Frankly, in my opinion the Crows model is a "franchise" solution, effectively turning the SANFL comp. (for them) into a glorified training program. I'm not sure that any AFL club in the country has a model as poor and "soul-less" as the crows model. I've always felt the Port (Power/MAgpies) have had an eartheir feeling to them than the crows, and I wan't this retained.

If Port "forced" to go down a similar route my interest in the SANFL would be gone.

I want a Port Adelaide in the SANFL that still plays home games, has clubrooms that supporters attend after games.... has players/coaches who's focus is winning the SANFL flag, and who has a 1/10 chance of winning a flag in any given year. I also believe that if the SANFL don't want us to play as the "magpies" with the same "club" feel about it, that we should change the guernsey and become vanilla rather than having them still fraudulently marketing blockbuster or traditional rivalry games against us. I don't want to wander down the road to the Parade to watch Norwood playing the magpies, with a dozen players playing for them which are ring ins from the other SANFL clubs..... how can you support and follow that.

If the SANFL don't want that, and would rather a model that turns us into a glorified training side, with little or no chance of winning finals, then lets be obvious about it and play in training guernseys.
TimmiesChin
Under 18s

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 14 times

Postby beenreal » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:32 pm

TimmiesChin wrote:If the SANFL commission and clubs "force" port to adopt the exact same model as the Crows I'd prefer we stick the magpies guernsey in a museum, and instead play in some vanilla training top.

Frankly, in my opinion the Crows model is a "franchise" solution, effectively turning the SANFL comp. (for them) into a glorified training program. I'm not sure that any AFL club in the country has a model as poor and "soul-less" as the crows model. I've always felt the Port (Power/MAgpies) have had an eartheir feeling to them than the crows, and I wan't this retained.

If Port "forced" to go down a similar route my interest in the SANFL would be gone.

I want a Port Adelaide in the SANFL that still plays home games, has clubrooms that supporters attend after games.... has players/coaches who's focus is winning the SANFL flag, and who has a 1/10 chance of winning a flag in any given year. I also believe that if the SANFL don't want us to play as the "magpies" with the same "club" feel about it, that we should change the guernsey and become vanilla rather than having them still fraudulently marketing blockbuster or traditional rivalry games against us. I don't want to wander down the road to the Parade to watch Norwood playing the magpies, with a dozen players playing for them which are ring ins from the other SANFL clubs..... how can you support and follow that.

If the SANFL don't want that, and would rather a model that turns us into a glorified training side, with little or no chance of winning finals, then lets be obvious about it and play in training guernseys.

Hang on, this is where you are just plain wrong TC. A condition of the (Cows preferred) Reserves model is that the Reserves side "plays to the line". Surely you're not suggesting that a bunch of draftee "Top up" players won't put it all on the line and spill blood to demonstrate their undying devotion to the guernsey they are wearing for that particular month?

Don't forget there's Finals to look forward to. At least for some of them?
PORT ADELAIDE FOOTBALL CLUB
Serving the community since 1870
Developing footballers for 143 years
Proud of the Past, Confident of the Future
beenreal
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Seaton Ramblers

Postby Magpiespower » Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:03 pm

Panther Pack wrote:If Port Adelaide were to take up the same offer as the Crows for entering there AFL reserve team into the SANFL...

They should just be the Power with all the trimmings.

Wearing the prison-bars would be a token (and disrespectful) gesture.

Save it for the odd AFL game and whatever round the league's marketing dept. comes up with.

That's my take on it, anyway...
Everyone can eat s#!t! A big bag of s#!t! I'm the greatest man in the world!
Magpiespower
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 125 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby kneedeepinthehoopla » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:36 pm

Ch 7 just announced power reserves in next yr. Will wear prison bar filth, top up players from ammos I think I heard...
kneedeepinthehoopla
Under 16s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 54 times

Postby Mark_Beswick » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:45 pm

I think what they said was

PAMFC will play in the amatuer league in their prison bar jumper

Port Power will play SANFL reserves topped up by PAMFC amatuer league members

Port Magpies will have their zones phased out by 2015

PORT HAVE DONE IT - They have killed off their zones and historic club
Mark_Beswick
Reserves

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 13 times

Postby DOC » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:58 pm

That means, if they go to Div 1, that some other club is to be shafted to make room.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 745 times
Been liked: 2133 times

Postby heater31 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:23 pm

Jimmy Meiklejohn, Sam Gray, Kory Beard & a couple of others will be hot property for other SANFL clubs during the off season then......
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1265 times

Postby PhilH » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:25 pm

Port Power will play SANFL reserves topped up by PAMFC amatuer league members

Did you mean Port Power Reserves will play SANFL (League)?
PhilH
League - Top 5

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 163 times
Grassroots Team: Happy Valley

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL