How will the legs go in 06?

All discussions to do with the SANFL

How will the legs go in 06?

Postby Jimmy » Wed Nov 02, 2005 2:32 pm

The talk of some recruits and their improved play over the last half of the season must have legs fans otimistic as well as having a new coach with no baggage. The downside being that with a lot of changes it can make a club unsettled (ala the bays) and whether or not the legs can get it all going in one direction.

I know some posters think they are shit (we dont need to name anyone ;)....so....What are your thoughts on the legs for 06?
Carn the blues!!!!!
Jimmy
Coach

Has liked: 125 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby TigerBoss » Wed Nov 02, 2005 2:37 pm

Still talk of all 3 James brothers leaving Norwood, along with Campbell and perhaps Joe Patfull to the Crows or Power, though still linked with Norwood and several others. Borlace rumour comes along EVERY season...

Robbie Neill and Clements retirements.

Unless Norwood can do some significant work with signings, I expect they'll finish bottom 3.
Is 2009 the year of the Tiger?
TigerBoss
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Lock

Postby stan » Wed Nov 02, 2005 2:47 pm

Hard to say at this point. Hopefully we have most of the list still there. With a couple of recruits, then maybe we will be looking towards the five possibly. It really depends on the pre season. But at this stage ill say top 5.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby SBR » Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:52 pm

So long as Norwood can do well in the off-season, and keep as many of their more quality players at the club, and some good recruiting. I suspect they'll be middle of the road and be in the pack challenging for a top five spot, 5-6 around there for me.
SBR
Under 16s

Postby JK » Wed Nov 02, 2005 4:33 pm

The great majority of the list will remain in tact, with Pfeiifer, Hughes and the Lower boys (or at least one of them) the only pretty sure bets to be lost via the draft ... It's expected that Patful and Campbell won't be taken, although I guess noone ever really knows for sure!

Other than that, the playing group are pretty tight-knit and should benefit immensely from the season they've just had together ... I believe the recruiting is coming along nicely and given the possible decline at other clubs who are expected to experience some major personnel changes, I would expect the Legs to make the 5 in 2006!

The x-factor will be how quickly they are able to adapt to a new coach's desired style of play!
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4458 times
Been liked: 2986 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Rik E Boy » Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:29 pm

Legs for the flag.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1818 times

Postby U LEGS » Thu Nov 03, 2005 2:40 pm

FINALS!
BRRRRRRUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOO!

There's Only One BRUNO!
U LEGS
Rookie

Postby R&B Blooded » Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:11 pm

TigerBoss wrote:Still talk of all 3 James brothers leaving Norwood, along with Campbell and perhaps Joe Patfull to the Crows or Power, though still linked with Norwood and several others. Borlace rumour comes along EVERY season...

Robbie Neill and Clements retirements.

Unless Norwood can do some significant work with signings, I expect they'll finish bottom 3.

Apart from Roger who retired, the James boys are staying! Campbell in his own words is "staying"!! Joel could be signed up but not sure. Certainly not Power, not again!!! Borlace! Give me a break!! Sorry guys he's not going anywhere!!!! Robbie Neill?? No! Staying!!!!! Clements!! YES!!! He has retired!! That is it! No-one else!! Norwood has kept its playing group intact and is quietly going about it's business recruiting!! There are a lot of disgruntled players out there!!
I'm tipping a new begining for Norwood!! Mind you it's just my humble opinion!! :wink:
R&B Blooded
Mini-League

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 1 time

Postby Dog_ger » Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:44 pm

For an un-educated oppinion, I would say :

Centrals
North
Glenelg
Eagles
Port

Norwood
Sturt
West
South
Smile :)

It's only Money $$$ :)

What is happening to our SANFL guys...
Dog_ger
Coach

Been liked: 19 times

Postby LBJ8 » Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:10 pm

knew there was something i liked about you Dog_ger, sure hope your right, i'd def be happy with that for next year....
GO THE BAYS
LBJ8
Rookie

Postby HeartBeatsTrue » Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:13 pm

Top 3, with North and Central.
HeartBeatsTrue
League Bench Warmer

Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Pooraka

Postby Jman » Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:31 pm

Think Norwood will be around the 5-6. However Dog_ger have to disagree with you on the panthers finishing bottom things aren't as bad as it seems.
With the exception of Davis who had a great year the rest of them didnt do to much at the club.
I think you'll find our better players for 2005 were Kenna, Mcglone, Warren, Smith, Bennett and Tuckey. (Tuckey not a sure thing of leaving).
Jman

Postby LBJ8 » Fri Nov 04, 2005 4:52 pm

Early days yet, but Norwood, South and the Bays look set for the bottom three...Early days though....
GO THE BAYS
LBJ8
Rookie

Postby stan » Fri Nov 04, 2005 5:08 pm

What happened to West????
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times