Your opinions on where Sturt are at?

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Postby Dog_ger » Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:06 pm

On the way down I think..? The last couple of years they have been slipping, haven't they..? Need a couple of class players..? If they get that pokies liecense/venue things could change in the next couple of seasons..?
Smile :)

It's only Money $$$ :)

What is happening to our SANFL guys...
Dog_ger
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 19 times

Postby therisingblues » Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:41 am

The Double Blues have a very important year coming up in the context of our history.
A further slip down the ladder will add conviction to all those that have been predicting (and wishing) for our demise for a couple of seasons now, and will mark a clear and unwanted direction that we are heading. That will be an end of an era of sorts. As a club we have to dig deep and show that we have the character to link eras. Some of the blokes we have now could turn in a bumper sesaon next year, a few juniors could come up and we just might get a good recruit or two.
The above may read like an extended cliche but it is very relevant to our present position. When our club makes up for lost time, it becomes a devastating machine capable of sweeping away all before it. We have a lot to make up for, and it will take a lot of success to even begin burning away the pain of what we have endured.
May the ghost of Victor York Richardson, the man who stood tall against the Poms, who helped foster the winning tradition of Australian cricket, who captained the greatest of them all in Don Bradman when he first took the world stage, the very same man who captained the mighty Blues to premierships and himself found fertile ground deserving of his immense sporting prowess on the hallowed soil of Unley Oval, let he shine down from his place among the sporting immortals who throw the dice of sporting fate and warm the souls of our current staff, and remind them of who we are and what we represent; and what we must do.
Go you mighty Double Blues! Bring home another flag in 2006! IT IS OUR RIGHT!
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Jimmy » Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:50 am

therisingblues wrote:The Double Blues have a very important year coming up in the context of our history.
A further slip down the ladder will add conviction to all those that have been predicting (and wishing) for our demise for a couple of seasons now, and will mark a clear and unwanted direction that we are heading. That will be an end of an era of sorts. As a club we have to dig deep and show that we have the character to link eras. Some of the blokes we have now could turn in a bumper sesaon next year, a few juniors could come up and we just might get a good recruit or two.
The above may read like an extended cliche but it is very relevant to our present position. When our club makes up for lost time, it becomes a devastating machine capable of sweeping away all before it. We have a lot to make up for, and it will take a lot of success to even begin burning away the pain of what we have endured.
May the ghost of Victor York Richardson, the man who stood tall against the Poms, who helped foster the winning tradition of Australian cricket, who captained the greatest of them all in Don Bradman when he first took the world stage, the very same man who captained the mighty Blues to premierships and himself found fertile ground deserving of his immense sporting prowess on the hallowed soil of Unley Oval, let he shine down from his place among the sporting immortals who throw the dice of sporting fate and warm the souls of our current staff, and remind them of who we are and what we represent; and what we must do.

post of the ******* century :lol:
Carn the blues!!!!!
Jimmy
Coach

Has liked: 125 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby Jimmy » Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:54 am

theri, you are on the money..we need to stay in the hunt as a slip out of the finals or further down, without showing some fight next season could make it hard to get back up for a few seasons to come. With players in doubt or definately leaving after 06, it makes 06 a very important year. We need the development of our jr players to make it to league standard as well as strategic recruiting to ensure the club can overcome any major player/club losses in the future. If we dont secure it thsi coming season, then some down times could be experienced.
Carn the blues!!!!!
Jimmy
Coach

Postby Dog_ger » Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:13 am

Passion....!therisingblues Wonderful to see posts such as yours..! Go the blues.
Smile :)

It's only Money $$$ :)

What is happening to our SANFL guys...
Dog_ger
Coach

Been liked: 19 times

Postby SBR » Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:22 am

therisingblues wrote:The Double Blues have a very important year coming up in the context of our history.

What a post! :)

You speak truth, it is owed the the supporters of the club which endured those "dark years" and kept coming back to support the boys. Whilst we won in 2002, that's obviously not enough to begin forgetting the spoons, step it up in 2006... and it just could happen.

Anyway dropping back down to reality :wink: I really don't think we're on the drop next year, I still don't believe Norwood are a class above us yet, i believe we're still ahead of them. If we can really get our act together and don't have a midyear fadeout in 06' we should be alright.

Recruits and youngsters must stand up, players like Squizz, Chambo, Squire and Whiteman etc. will find form in their own way, as they can so easily. But it's important to make the recruits feel welcome and part of the squad early, a happy recruit... is a performing recruit :wink:
SBR
Under 16s

Been liked: 0 time

Your opinions on where Sturt are at

Postby sturtpeter » Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:13 am

Does anyone know why Mick Weatherald has jumped ship?

Was he pushed or does he need a new challenge?
Avid Sturt supporter and SANFL fanatic.
sturtpeter
League - Best 21

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Glenunga

Postby JK » Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:42 am

SBR wrote: I really don't think we're on the drop next year, I still don't believe Norwood are a class above us yet, i believe we're still ahead of them.

Sorry SBR I gotta disagree with ya there mate, although time will only tell on that one I suppose .. Still a lot of player movement to be sorted, before junior improvement and form across the board come into it ... On the subject of player movement, has Squire definately signed on for next season or just agreed to run through pre-season training at this stage?
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4460 times
Been liked: 2988 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Jimmy » Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:22 am

Constance_Perm wrote:
SBR wrote: I really don't think we're on the drop next year, I still don't believe Norwood are a class above us yet, i believe we're still ahead of them.

Sorry SBR I gotta disagree with ya there mate, although time will only tell on that one I suppose .. Still a lot of player movement to be sorted, before junior improvement and form across the board come into it ... On the subject of player movement, has Squire definately signed on for next season or just agreed to run through pre-season training at this stage?

just doing preseason and will make his decision closer to the season i believe, and yes alot of player movements to come...on the positive for the legs, they did own us last season but overall, we finished off better...the development of jrs for both cubs will be a key as both clubs had jrs coming thru to play league...however, a diff coach for the legs for a third season straight will have some say in how they respond...
Carn the blues!!!!!
Jimmy
Coach

Postby SBR » Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:26 am

Constance_Perm wrote:

Definately fair enough considering your a legs supporter, we see more of our own teams, which gives us a different perspective on them.

A lot of movement left in the preseason, just hoping Squizz is right for another year, fantastic leader for our side.
SBR
Under 16s

Postby godoubleblues » Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:40 am

Recruits and youngsters must stand up, players like Squizz, Chambo, Squire and Whiteman etc. will find form in their own way, as they can so easily. But it's important to make the recruits feel welcome and part of the squad early, a happy recruit... is a performing recruit :wink:[/quote]

a Squizz and a Squire, oh how good would it be to have two of him :wink:
godoubleblues
Coach

Grassroots Team: Millicent

Postby SBR » Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:39 pm

godoubleblues wrote:
SBR wrote:Recruits and youngsters must stand up, players like Squizz, Chambo, Squire and Whiteman etc. will find form in their own way, as they can so easily. But it's important to make the recruits feel welcome and part of the squad early, a happy recruit... is a performing recruit :wink:

a Squizz and a Squire, oh how good would it be to have two of him :wink:

Shhhh... I've got another one lined up :wink:

... pfftt.. I wish! :)
SBR
Under 16s

Postby JK » Tue Nov 08, 2005 2:26 pm

Fair calls Jimmy and SBR, I stand every chance of being shot down in September 06 given our recent history lol, but I think things are starting to look a little tougher for Sturt next year ... That said, they're a proud club and could very well rise to the occasion!!
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4460 times
Been liked: 2988 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Previous

Board index   Football  SANFL