crowd info for 05

All discussions to do with the SANFL

crowd info for 05

Postby Jimmy » Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:17 pm

from fsa post :D

From this week's Eastern Messenger.
"Sturt and Norwood fans have proved they are among the most passionate in the league.

The Double Blues and Redlegs recorded the second and third highest crowd numbers at their respective matches this year.

Only Port Magpies pulled bigger crowds with the Magpies drawing an average of 3382 fans to its minor round matches."

North Adelaide suffered a 12.7% drop in their crowds and Centrals a 12.5% drop.

Long live Sturt and Norwood.
Carn the blues!!!!!
Jimmy
Coach

Has liked: 125 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby SBR » Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:06 pm

Too sweet, and i was there for 21/23 which we played.

I can't really understand why North and the Dogs crowd numbers have dropped, well i can for Centrals, with how they were looking ealier in the season.
SBR
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Wedgie » Thu Nov 03, 2005 6:50 am

I can't understand why North's crowds dropped either, our memberhsip improved and there seemed to be just as many North supporters at games this year as last year, if anything the opposition crowds against us seemed to drop off for some reason. Perhaps they stopped going to North games and went to Sturt and Norwood games instead as they knew their team had more of a chance of the win? :lol:
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Jimmy » Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:19 am

Wedgie wrote:I can't understand why North's crowds dropped either, our memberhsip improved and there seemed to be just as many North supporters at games this year as last year, if anything the opposition crowds against us seemed to drop off for some reason. Perhaps they stopped going to North games and went to Sturt and Norwood games instead as they knew their team had more of a chance of the win? :lol:

LOL, do your write releases for politicians wedgie? :P
Carn the blues!!!!!
Jimmy
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:39 am

Jimmy wrote:
LOL, do your write releases for politicians wedgie? :P

Nah but I should, I twist anything around the way I like it, I guess you've worked that out though! :lol:
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Sploosh » Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:48 am

I'd be interested to see the actual crowd numbers for each side, if they are readily available.
Sploosh
Under 18s

Been liked: 5 times

Postby mick » Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:13 am

Wedgie wrote:I can't understand why North's crowds dropped either, our memberhsip improved and there seemed to be just as many North supporters at games this year as last year, if anything the opposition crowds against us seemed to drop off for some reason. Perhaps they stopped going to North games and went to Sturt and Norwood games instead as they knew their team had more of a chance of the win? :lol:

Normally I try to get to as many games as possible at Prospect as it is only a ten minute walk for me, but this year I went to a lot more away games at other venues. North's record at Prospect of late has not been too flash, maybe that's why numbers are down for the Roosters.
mick
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1 time

Postby Jimmy » Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:39 pm

mick wrote:

Normally I try to get to as many games as possible at Prospect as it is only a ten minute walk for me, but this year I went to a lot more away games at other venues. North's record at Prospect of late has not been too flash, maybe that's why numbers are down for the Roosters.

its the 'fairweather' coming out ;)

but seriously, i am surprised norths were down since there was a lot of excitement for hte 05 season leading up...hmmm
Carn the blues!!!!!
Jimmy
Coach

Postby Jman » Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:55 pm

With the amount of night games the legs gets is it any wonder the draw good crowds.
Some other teams only get a few night games a season thus a lot of supporters venture down to the parade.
Combined with the fact they recovered from there spoon you'd expect their crowd figures to be good.
As far as Sturt goes i didnt know Unley Oval could get more than 500 people in it. My lounge room is almost bigger than that place.
Melrose Park that aint South I'm talking about the real South.
Jman

Postby Ecky » Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:06 pm

Well Glenelg didn't have any night games this year. We were in fact the only team which had every game start at 2:20pm!
Ecky
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 79 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide Lutheran

Postby smithy » Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:32 pm

Jman!!! wrote:As far as Sturt goes i didnt know Unley Oval could get more than 500 people in it. My lounge room is almost bigger than that place.

LOL - A south supporter talking about crowds and the size of his lounge room.

Your toilet could cater for the masses of panther supporters that flock to the footy each week.
smithy

Postby SBR » Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:34 pm

smithy wrote:
Jman!!! wrote:As far as Sturt goes i didnt know Unley Oval could get more than 500 people in it. My lounge room is almost bigger than that place.

Your toilet could cater for the masses of panther supporters that flock to the footy each week.

And what's better, his toilet would probably be warmer.
SBR
Under 16s

Postby spell_check » Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:07 am

Every team should have at least 2 night games. It gives everyone a chance to watch their team i.e. work or play sport on Saturdays.
spell_check
Coach

Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 178 times

Postby Jimmy » Fri Nov 04, 2005 1:03 am

SBR wrote:
smithy wrote:

And what's better, his toilet would probably be warmer.

but still have a stiff breeze blowing thru it ;)
Carn the blues!!!!!
Jimmy
Coach

Postby SBR » Fri Nov 04, 2005 1:16 am

Jimmy wrote:but still have a stiff breeze blowing thru it ;)

:lol: LMAO!
SBR
Under 16s

Postby Jman » Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:42 am

Totally agree boys our ground is a heap of shit won't argue that and if I could watch the games from my toilet I would. LOL
Funny when the double blues weren't winning much in the early nineties don't remember your crowds being huge either. Oh that's right now that your back up in the finals the crowds are back.
All clubs are the same you spend time at the bottom your support will vanish.
Happened to Surt, North, hell I remember going to some centrals games and seeing not many bulldogs supporters there either.
Melrose Park that aint South I'm talking about the real South.
Jman

Postby Dog_ger » Tue Nov 08, 2005 8:05 am

If SANFL doesn't do something to encourage the youth of today to come to the footy on a regular basis so that they get a bond with their club and develop passion fot it, then their will be less and less at the fooy every year. Well done Port, you have got it right in 2005.
Smile :)

It's only Money $$$ :)

What is happening to our SANFL guys...
Dog_ger
Coach

Been liked: 19 times

Board index   Football  SANFL