2009 Recruits to SANFL Clubs

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: 2009 Recruits to SANFL Clubs

Postby G » Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:49 pm

The Army dont do Drafts anymore and havent done so for decades so what draft is Skippy waiting on ? :roll:
- Surely doesnt think he's even a remote chance of being picked up in the AFL Draft. :oops: :oops: :oops:

ps. Kenny's match payments have to be included in the salary cap this year and Im not sure people on here have factored that in. :wink:
G
League - Best 21

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Mickyj » Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:28 am

G wrote:The Army dont do Drafts anymore and havent done so for decades so what draft is Skippy waiting on ? :roll:
- Surely doesnt think he's even a remote chance of being picked up in the AFL Draft. :oops: :oops: :oops:

ps. Kenny's match payments have to be included in the salary cap this year and Im not sure people on here have factored that in. :wink:

I would question you re Kenny's payments my mail says Adelaide are paying him out .So would his payment still apply to the cap ?

Not certain perhaps someone who knows can fill us all in .
Land based Lure Bream Fisherman
PB
Hardbody Bream 38cm
Hardbody Mulloway 40cm
Softplastic Bream 38cm
Fly Bream 30cm
Mickyj
Coach

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 22 times

Postby redandblack » Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:35 am

Why worry about the salary cap?

Several clubs don't.

The SANFL certainly don't.
redandblack

Postby Ingall » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:25 am

What is the SANFL salary cap?
Crooked as a hooker.
Now suck my thumb.
Anybody wanna come get some?
Ingall
Under 16s

Postby topsywaldron » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:27 am

Ingall wrote:What is the SANFL salary cap?

Nice one Kris.
'People are not stupid. They know when they are being conned. And two reserves teams operating in a League competition will reduce it to a farce, a competition without a soul.'

Dion Hayman 24th July 2013
topsywaldron
Veteran

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 218 times

Postby shark park » Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:29 pm

Mickyj wrote:
holden78 wrote:Valenti from Melb if hes not picked up hes the one we were chasing for a while not bagi and Uren centrals are after him to ,who have you heard mickyj .They are midfielders there are a couple others that i cant remember off hand

Sorry no can say Holden promised to keep my big mouth shut on this one.
And yes first time for every thing :lol: :lol:

But the doggies seem to be chasing most of the guys we are chasing

Wouldn't be Jay Cheep from Geelong?? If so very pick good up!
shark park
Mini-League

Postby FlyingHigh » Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:47 pm

Is that Valenti who played half a dozen games with the Dees towards the end of the year? Would have thought Melbourne would have kept hold of him, because he looked all right at times such as against Geelong when they got thumped.

As long as we don't pick up Greg Tivendale then I'll be happy.
FlyingHigh
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 81 times
Been liked: 174 times

Postby G » Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:13 pm

By Kenny retiring from AFL, all he has done is let the Crows off the hook by not having his remaining contract included in their '09 salary cap.
Whatever payout he receives is "unofficial" because he retired so in 09 his new Employer is the WWTFC and they have to foot the bill for his services.
-Who knows, he might do the Eags a favour and play for "bugga all" but his payment will come under WWTFC's salary cap. :wink: :wink:
G
League - Best 21

Postby holden78 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:17 pm

Spot on CCL , they wont sign officially until the drafts over , but all the ground work must be firmly in place ; Fuller has to sell them on the club prior so when the other clubs come calling later , we are in a position of strength . Thats what disappointed me the most after the 06 flag , the ultimate bargaining position of strength is as premier ( Centrals recruits year after year prove to be mostly of better quality then other clubs ) & we didnt ram home the advantage ! The Board were too busy patting each other on the back once the pressure was finally off . We as a club needed to be more ruthless , & we failed obviously ! Two years on now & we can only hope the mistakes have been noted & wont be repeated . And another thing , we would be well under the cap , think of all those kids , basic payments for all there !
centrecirclelegend wrote:most if not all iuoutential recruits will not commit until the drafts are finished in Dec

all SANFL clubs have the same problem

Eagles are also interested in a delisted midfielder from a inner city club in Melbourne

he won't commit yet for the above reason

21yr, 186cm, 84kg , under 20 AFL games
holden78
League - Best 21

Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 55 times

Postby am Bays » Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:21 pm

As I understand it every AFL listed player who plays league attracts a $350 nominal match payment included in the salary cap. So every game Ken played last year attracted some sort of Salary Cap expense.

So for arguments sake he earns $1000 a game this year (a guess Eagles fans) and plays all 22 games an extra $13 000 would go in the Eagles total play payments this year on top of the 16 games at $350 a game this year.

AS someone else said Kenny maight play for less as he probably some sort of severance pay out from the Crows for retiring.

Who knows but as I understand it all AFL players playing attract some sort of salary cap fee agaisnt their clubs total player payments.
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1809 times

Postby doggies4eva » Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:03 pm

topsywaldron wrote:
Ingall wrote:What is the SANFL salary cap?

Nice one Kris.

:lol: I'll pay that one topsy
We used to be good :-(
doggies4eva
League - Best 21

Postby ca » Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:41 pm

I hear there is a new transfer fee agreement in place between the SANFL and VFL. Something like each player not just delisted for an AFL club will cost a SANFL club $20,000 for the transfer. Someone out there might know the exact details.
ca
Reserves

Been liked: 2 times

Postby Silky skills » Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:45 pm

heard a rumour sam miles has been contacted by norwood. and is having a meeting with them about his football...
Silky skills
Under 16s

Postby Dutchy » Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:06 pm

Silky skills wrote:heard a rumour sam miles has been contacted by norwood. and is having a meeting with them about his football...

More likely heard straight from him Silky!!!!

Sammy wouldnt be happy the way he was treated by Sturt.....dickheads :roll:
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2324 times
Been liked: 3499 times

Postby Squawk » Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:50 pm

ca wrote:I hear there is a new transfer fee agreement in place between the SANFL and VFL. Something like each player not just delisted for an AFL club will cost a SANFL club $20,000 for the transfer. Someone out there might know the exact details.

If this is true, it is an absolute disgrace. :evil: :evil: :evil:
Steve Bradbury and Michael Milton. Aussie Legends.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRnztSjUB2U
Squawk
Assistant Coach

Been liked: 3 times

Postby nickname » Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:30 pm

ca wrote:I hear there is a new transfer fee agreement in place between the SANFL and VFL. Something like each player not just delisted for an AFL club will cost a SANFL club $20,000 for the transfer. Someone out there might know the exact details.

It's an agreement between state leagues, clearly designed to slow down the drain of players to the SANFL, whereby the transfer fee between leagues now rises from $10,000 to $15,000, with a further $5,000 payable upon year 2.
I doubt it will discourage most of the SANFL clubs.
nickname
League Bench Warmer

Postby Squawk » Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:09 pm

nickname wrote:

It's an agreement between state leagues, clearly designed to slow down the drain of players to the SANFL, whereby the transfer fee between leagues now rises from $10,000 to $15,000, with a further $5,000 payable upon year 2.

It's still a disgraceful arrangement that is obviously designed to impede the development of the SANFL. What on earth would be in it for the SANFL to make such an agreement?
Steve Bradbury and Michael Milton. Aussie Legends.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRnztSjUB2U
Squawk
Assistant Coach

Been liked: 3 times

Postby Mickyj » Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:36 pm

From the WWT website

Eagles News
NEW SIGNINGS

The Club is pleased to announce that Ken McGregor and Jay Cheep have both joined the Eagles Football Club. Both players have signed two year contracts.

Jay is a clever goal kicking midfielder who has played 43 VFL games for Geelong and was a member of their 2007 VFL premiership side. He is 24 years of age and 176cm.

Well done Eagles on signing Cheep and re signing Kenny mac
Land based Lure Bream Fisherman
PB
Hardbody Bream 38cm
Hardbody Mulloway 40cm
Softplastic Bream 38cm
Fly Bream 30cm
Mickyj
Coach

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 22 times

Postby nickname » Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:55 pm

Squawk wrote:
nickname wrote:

It's still a disgraceful arrangement that is obviously designed to impede the development of the SANFL. What on earth would be in it for the SANFL to make such an agreement?

There's nothing in it, but we're only one state - there are several others with votes.
nickname
League Bench Warmer

Postby nickname » Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:55 pm

Mickyj wrote:From the WWT website

Eagles News
NEW SIGNINGS

The Club is pleased to announce that Ken McGregor and Jay Cheep have both joined the Eagles Football Club. Both players have signed two year contracts.

Jay is a clever goal kicking midfielder who has played 43 VFL games for Geelong and was a member of their 2007 VFL premiership side. He is 24 years of age and 176cm.

Well done Eagles on signing Cheep and re signing Kenny mac

Cheep is a very good player and bloody quick.
nickname
League Bench Warmer

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL