Doug Thomas

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Doug Thomas

Postby Adelaide Hawk » Tue May 30, 2006 5:33 pm

Is he and West Adelaide parting company after all these years? Anyone know anything about it?
Adelaide Hawk
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby smac » Tue May 30, 2006 5:43 pm

Only what I just heard on the dynamic duo. It will be interesting to see how this evolves - can't see him disappearing quietly!
smac
Coach

Has liked: 165 times
Been liked: 233 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby sydney-dog » Tue May 30, 2006 5:49 pm

If true I would imagine Kg would be shattered, it takes me back when Kerls was sacked from Westies, Kg said he would never again support his bloods
sydney-dog
League - Top 5

Postby Adelaide Hawk » Tue May 30, 2006 6:00 pm

sydney-dog wrote:If true I would imagine Kg would be shattered, it takes me back when Kerls was sacked from Westies, Kg said he would never again support his bloods

Which time? Kerls has always joked he is the only man in footy to be sacked by the same club 3 times :)
Adelaide Hawk
Coach

Postby Dog_ger » Tue May 30, 2006 6:09 pm

It won't happen Fella's. Only a Pine Box will stop the Thomas....!
Smile :)

It's only Money $$$ :)

What is happening to our SANFL guys...
Dog_ger
Coach

Been liked: 19 times

Postby Blue Boy » Tue May 30, 2006 6:19 pm

sydney-dog wrote:If true I would imagine Kg would be shattered, it takes me back when Kerls was sacked from Westies, Kg said he would never again support his bloods

How many times has KG done his banana about something - then the next day flipped over on it !!!!

Plenty me thinks :-k
It is what it is !!!
Blue Boy
Veteran

Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

DT

Postby Rushby Hinds » Tue May 30, 2006 6:24 pm

my mail (which is NOT from a credible source) is that Doug is quite ill, with a leg infection, and may have only been at work a few days in the last few months.

Was a funeral of a West Adelaide stalwart yesterday (and 100% apologies, I have forgotten the name of the past State player who passed away) and i think that Doug couldn't even attend the funeral, but passed on a message.
Rushby Hinds
League - Best 21

Re: DT

Postby JK » Tue May 30, 2006 6:52 pm

Borat wrote:my mail (which is NOT from a credible source) is that Doug is quite ill, with a leg infection, and may have only been at work a few days in the last few months.

Was a funeral of a West Adelaide stalwart yesterday (and 100% apologies, I have forgotten the name of the past State player who passed away) and i think that Doug couldn't even attend the funeral, but passed on a message.

Heard a few times on radio Westies had lost a former player, think his name was Geoff Bray or something along those lines ..
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4461 times
Been liked: 2988 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby ca » Tue May 30, 2006 6:55 pm

Was on C10 news tonight, he's gone but no real reason given except for Health
ca
Reserves

Been liked: 2 times

mmmm

Postby dash61 » Tue May 30, 2006 6:56 pm

Doug has been dismissed by the West Adelaide Football Club. (As reported on the news)

Guess What

Doug is still in charge of the other section of the club and guess where the $$$$$$$$$$$$$ come from, and at this stage is there until December at least!!!!

So really its only half a big story, Fun and Games may have just begun
Last edited by dash61 on Tue May 30, 2006 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dash61

Postby Wedgie » Tue May 30, 2006 7:07 pm

Christ, Im glad this got out (especially with the details on C10 about him getting the sack) as I was rang today at work and sworn to secrecy on what happened. Now I can discuss openly! :D
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2050 times
Been liked: 3894 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Strawb » Tue May 30, 2006 9:22 pm

Dash you are correct and we all know what can and might happen with that. So with all this mess slightly sorted out Westies might recruit some better players and Start winning some games.
I am the Voice Left From Drinking
Strawb
Coach

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 12 times
Grassroots Team: Wingfield Royals

lol

Postby dash61 » Tue May 30, 2006 9:31 pm

lol
:lol: :lol: :lol:

It now has become more of a tangled mess
dash61

Postby dinglinga » Tue May 30, 2006 10:37 pm

i heard earlier today regarding dougie but there may be some legal action .....

according to the westies constitution .... wait and see
dinglinga
League - Best 21

Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Blue Boy » Tue May 30, 2006 11:05 pm

Wedgie wrote:Christ, Im glad this got out (especially with the details on C10 about him getting the sack) as I was rang today at work and sworn to secrecy on what happened. Now I can discuss openly! :D

Well wedge man go your hardest - will make for interesting reading !!!
It is what it is !!!
Blue Boy
Veteran

Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby Dutchy » Tue May 30, 2006 11:28 pm

Seems to fit in well with a conversation I had in Feb with probably the best West player to come out of Richmond Oval.....Quote - "Ive never seen him look so bad, I dont like to say it but it looks like he is.........................."

Might be best for everyone, especially Doug, if he moves on and takes it easy in his twilight years
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2326 times
Been liked: 3506 times

Postby Jimmy » Wed May 31, 2006 2:09 am

wow...if its his health, then its best for him to go...but westies need this more than anything.
Carn the blues!!!!!
Jimmy
Coach

Has liked: 125 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby Booney » Wed May 31, 2006 8:09 am

Rumours of ill health have been rife in the district for some time,if it is true and Doug is battling then no-one would like to hear of that.One of the great stalwarts of the SANFL,and regardless of the clubs position in any era,he and every one like him is invaluable to the club they support.If any one assosciated or close to Doug reads this I am sure we would all pass on our wishes to him for a speedy recovery.

I wonder if West Adelaide will try to recruit one of their former players back to lead the club,he is in a position of influence down near the beach somwhere,I wonder if the club he is now running is as keen on getting rid of him now(they are 4th on the ladder) as they were last year when the club sacked the then coach?

Cue Borat,TB,Tassie.....
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10781 times

Postby Strawb » Wed May 31, 2006 8:27 am

Booney wrote:Rumours of ill health have been rife in the district for some time,if it is true and Doug is battling then no-one would like to hear of that.One of the great stalwarts of the SANFL,and regardless of the clubs position in any era,he and every one like him is invaluable to the club they support.If any one assosciated or close to Doug reads this I am sure we would all pass on our wishes to him for a speedy recovery.

I wonder if West Adelaide will try to recruit one of their former players back to lead the club,he is in a position of influence down near the beach somwhere,I wonder if the club he is now running is as keen on getting rid of him now(they are 4th on the ladder) as they were last year when the club sacked the then coach?

Cue Borat,TB,Tassie.....

No WAY will westies get in Darren Chandler we might need a General manager but me thinks we will look elsewhere for one of those.
How come Glenelg lost so much money Mr. Chandler?
Thay game me a rubber stamp with my name on it to sign the checks.
I am the Voice Left From Drinking
Strawb
Coach

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 12 times
Grassroots Team: Wingfield Royals

Postby Rushby Hinds » Wed May 31, 2006 8:38 am

Strawb07 wrote:
How come Glenelg lost so much money Mr. Chandler?

I'm not touching this with a barge pole, but the GFC has been making (modest) profits Strawb.
Rushby Hinds
League - Best 21

Next

Board index   Football  SANFL