CA on footysa.

All discussions to do with the SANFL

CA on footysa.

Postby - » Tue Nov 22, 2005 9:56 am

Howard to North

Posted by ca on Monday, November 21 22:28 PM

"The rumours are very strong that former West Adelaide player Dean Howard has signed with North Adelaide. We await confirmation on that later this week along with Kingsley Walker a key defender from the WAFL.
Given the number of recruits North have signed, footysa would not be surprised if North solve the current 'bye' problems in the SANFL by entering two league and reserve teams.

We also propose a minutes silence in Round One of the new season to fairwell the salary cap in the SANFL, given what a number of the clubs have done during the preseason.."

As a site administrator you shouldn't lower your colours like that CA. Those comments are irresponsible. Had I not been banned on your site I would have said it to you there. Front page stories are about reporting the facts not expressing an opinion. Lift your game.
Never give a sucker an even break

Nor ban a user for an acceptable topic of discussion.

"Baby on board". Why dont you put a sign on ur car saying "adult on board" or "car stereo in use"?
-
Reserves

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby redandblack » Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:06 am

Great post by ca on FootySA.

I think you've lost the plot, dasher.
redandblack

Postby TigerBoss » Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:11 am

A bitter, bitter man Dasher...build a bridge...

Care to declare once and for all publicly that your club isn't paying excessive coin to recruit players all the while not declaring their income in full within the salary cap?
Is 2009 the year of the Tiger?
TigerBoss
League Bench Warmer

Grassroots Team: Lock

Postby Coorong » Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:12 am

They may administrate the site Dash, but they surely can display their passion and thoughts. Mate thats what the site is for, not some of the issues you? want to discuss.
Coorong
League - Best 21

Been liked: 8 times

Postby Booney » Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:25 am

I think ca is well within the administrators rights to post his opinion as well as create debate on a topic that is related to football.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10780 times

Postby drebin » Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:39 am

don't worry dasher - got to expect we will get some sarcastic jibes about our recruiting/spending etc. I wonder if the heat will go off North when the other clubs start throwing money at recruits after the AFL drafts. I wonder if that will include Norwood who have a little "cash" flow problem presently until their pokies get up and running?
Maybe he will post his opinion about Port Adelaide and their big 3 $ignings plus a couple more to come if the rumours are correct. Expect them to be big challenger next year.
drebin

Postby stan » Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:53 am

Well Drebin you would have to expect some sarcasim at this stage. Your recuriting has been done fairly early this time around. Other clubs will be probably doing pretty much the same thing but at the moment i guess your easy targets due to the fact that your really the only ones out there at the moment.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Pagey » Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:53 am

Is good to see Jars is using the young guys coming thru the ranks.............
Pagey

Postby stan » Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:59 am

Is good to see Jars is using the young guys coming thru the ranks.............

Although its said in a sarcastic way, it has been discussed already and yeah there is a bit of concern that younger players are going to be left out in the cold. But then again if thats the way they want to go, then im pretty sure other clubs around the same area arnt going to complain about picking up some younger players here and there.
stan
Coach

Postby stan » Tue Nov 22, 2005 11:07 am

By the sounds of things Port, North and Centrals will all be up there next season.....
stan
Coach

Postby drebin » Tue Nov 22, 2005 11:27 am

Unfortunately with age groups moving up then the "concertina" effect means some players have to be moved on whether we like it or not. There is just not the room to fit or keep all the players which is unfortunate given the 3 grades plus the U15's won premierships. All the coaches met and made the calls on who stays and goes. Some players no doubt will get chances at other clubs and may do well and good luck to them. The only player leaving North that I am sad to see go is Dennis Redden who was the victim of a bad call re the Ressies GF and you can't blame him for looking elsewhere. There will be some regular league players who will really have to perform next year if all the recruits play Seniors plus the odd chance an AFL listed player may also drop back from Port or the Crows - the pressure wil be on and some players might be pissed off playing 2's next year so there might be more spillage yet to come at Propsect especially half way through next year? Time will tell.
Last edited by drebin on Tue Nov 22, 2005 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
drebin

Postby RoostersRuleTheWorld ! » Tue Nov 22, 2005 11:39 am

Something wrong if those 3 aren't up there again next year !
RoostersRuleTheWorld !
Under 16s

Postby Jimmy » Tue Nov 22, 2005 11:50 am

Coorong wrote:They may administrate the site Dash, but they surely can display their passion and thoughts. Mate thats what the site is for, not some of the issues you? want to discuss.

totally ******* agree... :D
Carn the blues!!!!!
Jimmy
Coach

Has liked: 125 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby TigerBoss » Tue Nov 22, 2005 11:53 am

Drebin...

LOL@Everyone that turned their noses up when weeks ago I said Port will win the flag in 06...seems the world is just catching up with why I made that prediction...

:roll:
Is 2009 the year of the Tiger?
TigerBoss
League Bench Warmer

Grassroots Team: Lock

Postby drebin » Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:17 pm

I wouldn't go that far TB - they lack another good fwd and need a good ruckman as well and might be a tad behind North and the Eagles at this stage (only based on our recruiting and potential) but Centrals are still the team to beat and they have yet to amnnounce their signings which are expected to be significant. So until someone can upset the dogs in the finals they are still the team to beat
Last edited by drebin on Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
drebin

Postby - » Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:20 pm

TigerBoss wrote:A bitter, bitter man Dasher...build a bridge...

Care to declare once and for all publicly that your club isn't paying excessive coin to recruit players all the while not declaring their income in full within the salary cap?

Read what ive written TB

I am not discussing my opinion on the issue I am discussing whether or not it is correct to state an opinion on a front page story. If I were CA I would also be very careful about making such accusations when they are there for all to see. I thought these sights were after credibility. Any site with credibility will not allow one of the people running it to make such an accusation in such a place without any idea of the facts. I don't think you would see the SANFL site (one with credibility) have a front vpage story with some clown accusing a club he has no involvement with of breaching the salary cap.

Isn't the aim of the site to report on the facts and secondly have a forum for discussion. CA discussed where he should have been reporting.

"Baby on board". Why dont you put a sign on ur car saying "adult on board" or "car stereo in use"?
-
Reserves

Postby Coorong » Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:21 pm

Dash FFS!
Coorong
League - Best 21

Been liked: 8 times

Postby - » Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:21 pm

Coorong wrote:They may administrate the site Dash, but they surely can display their passion and thoughts. Mate thats what the site is for, not some of the issues you? want to discuss.

Never said he couldnt display his thoughts.

Once again read what is written.

He should not be expressing an opinion where he has. The front part is to report on the facts.

-
Reserves

Postby Rik E Boy » Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:34 pm

redandblack wrote:Great post by ca on FootySA.

I have to disagree with you RAB. That comment implies that dasher had located the plot to begin with.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1818 times

Postby - » Tue Nov 22, 2005 1:09 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:
redandblack wrote:Great post by ca on FootySA.

I have to disagree with you RAB. That comment implies that dasher had located the plot to begin with.

regards,

REB

One isn't forced to locate a plot REB they are given one at birth. Some lose it and find it again and others lose it and never relocate it.

-
Reserves

Next

Board index   Football  SANFL