CA on footysa.

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Ca's comments on FootySa.

Postby sturtpeter » Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:04 am

Some of you guys take things too seriously.

Don't you remember ca's tongue in cheek comments about leaving AO early in the last round when the NWD v NA game started half an hour early?

Wanting to present the Bloods the Spoon at Unley.
Avid Sturt supporter and SANFL fanatic.
sturtpeter
League - Best 21

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Glenunga

Postby drebin » Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:11 am

Here is another corker from CA - from the Nwd forum in response to recruiting:

Yeah its official,

Dean Howard to North is also soon to be official, there are going to be a number of players working as expensive barman and cleaners at the North next year. I wish we could do it but it does make a joke of the SANFL and the policing of the salary cap.

No joke CA - except we would never make our players clean the club - pulling beers is another story. Ohh for having 2 viable pokie$ venue$. Sorry shouldn't have mentioned pokies venues as I forgot your machines at Norwood are as redundant as the robot from lost in space. :wink:
Last edited by drebin on Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
drebin

Postby Grand Central » Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:11 am

CA can post whatever he likes. It's opinion.

Dasher can crack the shits about his beloved Roosters all he likes in typical North Adelaide fashion. Fair dinkum, North supporters would have to be the most precious lot. We've seen the dummy spits all to often on FootySA.

Drama queens.
Grand Central
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby ca » Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:40 am

Find this all very strange, you North supporters should just be positive with everything that is going on around the place with your club. I just put the comments in as tongue in cheek but was really directed at a number of clubs and nothing that hasn't already been said. That includes my comments on redlegtalk. Perhaps the humour was lost on a small minority who perhaps haven't read footysa all that much over the years. Footysa never had any legal problems just a few threats passed on from people, having said that we want to clean up the site a bit, hence the changes.

Drebin/Punkrooster/Dasher, why I am very flattered you actually care what I have to say on various forums, as normally no one listens, I really wouldn't stress yourself out about it. My comments are no more than any other supporter might make around the place. I don't work for any club, any media outlet (anymore) and just contribute to SANFL forums. No different to Borat, TB, MadCap, Sturtpeter, Fatal even yourselves. We have no responsibilities to give equal coverage to all clubs or be unbiased as a couple of you seem to think, although we try to.

As for if it is on the front page or not, who cares. Its our site, if we want to put up a front page story with the title 'Dasher is an idiot with a hoody' then we can. Feel free to start your own and never mention Norwood, you can be assured I will not be offended.

Drebin/Punkrooster/Dasher - Just relax and enjoy the nice Adelaide weather
ca
Reserves

Been liked: 2 times

Postby Coorong » Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:54 am

Got right in there ca, "dasher is an idiot with a hoody" Covered a couple of points in one sentence. GOLD
Coorong
League - Best 21

Been liked: 8 times

Postby JK » Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:58 am

LOL @ GC ... Spot on the money!!
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4460 times
Been liked: 2988 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

ca on footysa

Postby sturtpeter » Wed Nov 23, 2005 11:35 am

Fantastic post ca.

I couldn't have written your response better.

For everyone out there enjoy our great weather and continue to enjoy both of the sites:)
Avid Sturt supporter and SANFL fanatic.
sturtpeter
League - Best 21

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Glenunga

Postby Sam_goUUUdogs » Wed Nov 23, 2005 11:42 am

Hopefully the weather kicks on for the Test Match, but not quite as hot as last year.
Sam_goUUUdogs
League - Top 5

Postby MagicKiwi » Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:03 pm

Doesn't look like it Sam. Nice on Friday but then turning. Showers forecast. :(
We've been spoilt the last two years.
Red (and White)
Red (Backs)
All (Blacks)
MagicKiwi
League Bench Warmer

Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Broadview

Postby Rik E Boy » Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:10 pm

Don't worry boys, it doesn't take five days to beat the Windies.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1818 times

Postby - » Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:21 pm

Grand Central wrote:CA can post whatever he likes. It's opinion.

Dasher can crack the shits about his beloved Roosters all he likes in typical North Adelaide fashion. Fair dinkum, North supporters would have to be the most precious lot. We've seen the dummy spits all to often on FootySA.

Drama queens.

Another fool who misses the point.

Its not what he said its where he said it. Do you honestly think I care what someone says about NAFC? All I care about is winning a premiership and doing whatever it takes to get there within the rules or breaking them but making sure you don't get caught.
Never give a sucker an even break

Nor ban a user for an acceptable topic of discussion.

"Baby on board". Why dont you put a sign on ur car saying "adult on board" or "car stereo in use"?
-
Reserves

Postby Coorong » Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:23 pm

Aaaah, now a multi topic thread. Anyone care to estimate a finish time/date on the test.
Coorong
League - Best 21

Postby - » Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:26 pm

ca wrote:Find this all very strange, you North supporters should just be positive with everything that is going on around the place with your club. I just put the comments in as tongue in cheek but was really directed at a number of clubs and nothing that hasn't already been said. That includes my comments on redlegtalk. Perhaps the humour was lost on a small minority who perhaps haven't read footysa all that much over the years. Footysa never had any legal problems just a few threats passed on from people, having said that we want to clean up the site a bit, hence the changes.

Drebin/Punkrooster/Dasher, why I am very flattered you actually care what I have to say on various forums, as normally no one listens, I really wouldn't stress yourself out about it. My comments are no more than any other supporter might make around the place. I don't work for any club, any media outlet (anymore) and just contribute to SANFL forums. No different to Borat, TB, MadCap, Sturtpeter, Fatal even yourselves. We have no responsibilities to give equal coverage to all clubs or be unbiased as a couple of you seem to think, although we try to.

As for if it is on the front page or not, who cares. Its our site, if we want to put up a front page story with the title 'Dasher is an idiot with a hoody' then we can. Feel free to start your own and never mention Norwood, you can be assured I will not be offended.

Drebin/Punkrooster/Dasher - Just relax and enjoy the nice Adelaide weather

Don't back pedal out of it by saying tongue in cheek. Have the balls to say you think North are dirty cheats and that you are jelous you havn't recruited what we have.

My point is that it is fine to have an opinion but just express it in the right place.

You people say you want the site to have credibility then you go and make accusations like that on a front page story.

By the way I am interested to hear what any poster has to say but don't flatter yourself by saying I care what you think.

BTW if it was you who banned me you are as weak as water.

"Baby on board". Why dont you put a sign on ur car saying "adult on board" or "car stereo in use"?
-
Reserves

Postby MagicKiwi » Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:31 pm

:shock: Jeez Hyphen, you're back there again!

I'll estimate that hopefully the Test will last until Sunday lunch.
Red (and White)
Red (Backs)
All (Blacks)
MagicKiwi
League Bench Warmer

Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Broadview

Postby Coorong » Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:31 pm

Come on dash, come out where we can see you.
Coorong
League - Best 21

Postby ca » Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:33 pm

I have said I wish my club could recruit like North, made that point many times even before the story went up yesterday. It wasn't an accusation, just an observation which can go where it likes on the front page.

It wasn't me who banned you as I don't handle that side of things, but wish it was :lol: I suspect now we have got to the heart of it all.
ca
Reserves

Postby - » Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:34 pm

MagicKiwi wrote::shock: Jeez Hyphen, you're back there again!

I'll estimate that hopefully the Test will last until Sunday lunch.

Majic,

Was wondering if that last post would get a bite from you a rare female poster.

As weak as the windies are tests rarely finish inside 3 days. If Aus bat first it is nearly impossible.

-
Reserves

Postby - » Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:37 pm

ca wrote:I have said I wish my club could recruit like North, made that point many times even before the story went up yesterday. It wasn't an accusation, just an observation which can go where it likes on the front page.

It wasn't me who banned you as I don't handle that side of things, but wish it was :lol: I suspect now we have got to the heart of it all.

The heart of all what? The comments on the story board or the banning of a user?

-
Reserves

Postby Sam_goUUUdogs » Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:39 pm

Coorong wrote:Aaaah, now a multi topic thread. Anyone care to estimate a finish time/date on the test.

Come on West Indies, would love to see some close international cricket here, before England come over to win the Ashes next year. :wink:
Sam_goUUUdogs
League - Top 5

Postby drebin » Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:48 pm

I did find your post on the Norwood forum amusing CA - that's why I called it a "corker" but I'm a little bemused at the expectation everyone has that North is cheating without any proof - your at least observant in your posts where as TB just outright calls us cheats because it obvious to him? (He obviously has our "books" to refer to!). Maybe the league will investigate (we have been subject to standard audits in the past with no problems) as I hear a few CEO's complain on a regular basis about our financial advantage (2 lic prems - along with substantial borrowings I might add) but I take comfort in the fact that former long term NAFC CEO and Life Member John Condon is the SANFL Salary Cap Investigation Officer!
:lol:
drebin

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL