Power players leaving SANFL clubs to Magpies

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Power players leaving SANFL clubs to Magpies

Postby Booney » Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:07 pm

dedja wrote:beenreal started it ... 8-[

Shall we start a dedicated Port bashing thread instead?

Pick any one of about 15 mate.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10780 times

Postby dedja » Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:10 pm

Must be depressing, getting a similar response elsewhere?
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 996 times

Postby Booney » Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:27 pm

dedja wrote:Must be depressing, getting a similar response elsewhere?

Depressing? No way mate, just shows how much you wankers care. :D
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby dedja » Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:29 pm

I don't care, just creating some conversation whilst Port are still around ... not sure how long that will be for though
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Postby legsman » Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:31 pm

Wedgie wrote:The GFC reallly hit Port hard in 2007. 119 points wasn't it? :lol:

:lol:
legsman
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 6 times

Postby Dutchy » Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:02 pm

beenreal wrote:
Ahem, the GFC started in 2007 and really started to bite in 08. It's really not that hard to verify.

And under the antiquated stadium deal, both SA clubs have pumped Millions into the SANFL coffers over 20+ years. This is despite the fact that the Corporate $$ has become increasingly harder to get since the GFC and exacerbated by more Head Offices relocating to the Eastern seaboard.

Hell, even the Crows made a loss if you take out AFL equalization Grants.

And yes Ansett were already struggling but were placed into Voluntary Administration the day after Sept 11 because it's owners would no longer put money into the venture on the back of 911.

Sure sounds like a last straw to me. Thanks for proving my point.

GFC did not affect Australia until well into 2009/2010, fact.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2325 times
Been liked: 3505 times

Postby The Sleeping Giant » Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:14 pm

And Australia was one of the least affected.
Cannabis is safer than alcohol
The Sleeping Giant
Coach

Has liked: 69 times
Been liked: 193 times

Postby Booney » Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:15 pm

Not that I want to get any further off track....but, some would argue the 2008 Global crisis is really only being felt by the Australian economy now, in 2013.

Most small business' will tell you the last 2 years have not been a great time to trade.

Anywho, what the **** was this thread about? :roll:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:17 pm

Booney wrote:Not that I want to get any further off track....but, some would argue the 2008 Global crisis is really only being felt by the Australian economy now, in 2013.

Most small business' will tell you the last 2 years have not been a great time to trade.

Anywho, what the **** was this thread about? :roll:

Correct Booney.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2325 times
Been liked: 3505 times

Postby Booney » Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:33 pm

Having said that though, many international / national companies ( not so much the aforementioned small business ) began to brace for the impending downturn in 2008/9 and the smart ones have been able to ride out the last 2 years without too much damage being caused.

Anyway, I think Newton went to the Magpies.

Cassisi and Gray lining up for Westies in this weeks trial. Good to see Gray back.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:34 pm

Dutchy wrote:GFC did not affect Australia until well into 2009/2010, fact.

You obviously didn't see the 2007 AFL Grand Final!
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2050 times
Been liked: 3894 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby legsman » Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:01 pm

beenreal wrote:And I'm pretty certain you'll find it is 80% of generated revenue that currently goes back to the SANFL. Of which The PAFC delivered in spades during its first decade in the AFL.

It’s debatable given the same opportunity as Port’s had, my team the Norwood FC would’ve generated equal amount of revenue for the SANFL if not more, to what Port has generated to date.

Also if revenue is the measure, even more $ would’ve been generated by a second SA composite team representing the other half of the local SA teams to the Crows, than what Port has to date.
legsman
Rookie

Postby dedja » Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:03 pm

Can someone change the thread title ... it doesn't match the posts
dedja
Coach

Postby legsman » Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:09 pm

beenreal wrote: It's astounding you can't understand that 911 was the final straw for the likes of Ansett, while the GFC claimed luminaries such as Westpoint Property Group and ABC Learning, etc. And thus the effect filters down to club level crying out for decent sponsors.

Sure no-one could foresee the future back when Port submitted their application to the SANFL to join the AFL. As Port won the bid and accepted the SANFL terms of the time, did they not than accept that things could also possibly go bad? Did you not consider the risk or were you just hapy to have the fame and fortune of the ‘big league’.
legsman
Rookie

Postby UK Fan » Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:16 pm

Dutchy wrote:
beenreal wrote:
It's astounding you can't understand that 911 was the final straw for the likes of Ansett, while the GFC claimed luminaries such as Westpoint Property Group and ABC Learning, etc. And thus the effect filters down to club level crying out for decent sponsors.

And I'm pretty certain you'll find it is 80% of generated revenue that currently goes back to the SANFL. Of which The PAFC delivered in spades during its first decade in the AFL.

ABC learning went under due to poor management (sounds familiar?), they folded in 2008 when the economy was very strong, GFC hit in 2010. Again dont let facts get in the way :roll:

So Port turnover $30m your saying $24m goes to the SANFL? :lol:

You are out of your depth here...

For the 10th season in a row Ill try again.

Been Real can you produce any proof to back up this "general knowledge" claim that we steal 80% of your revenue.

Or are you yet again just telling us what you and Wakes reckon ????? Cos apart from informing you are wrong , you are out of yoru depth, you have nfi. I dont know how else the posters on this site can express it to you.

One way to PROVE us all wrong though buddy.

The court is yours..................
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1202 times
Been liked: 502 times

Postby legsman » Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:19 pm

beenreal wrote: Whereas IF I were to write that you were a myopic little twerp who is insanely jealous that my club gravitated to the Big League while your club languishes at an ever shrinking local level and who clearly has his head stuck so far up his bum that he can't see the world around him for what it truly is, THAT would be a personal potshot. But I would never actually write that.

Your club, Port was granted the opportunity and license to join the AFL by the SANFL- Port presented the winning bid to the SANFL, not to the AFL. Your club did not ‘gravitate to the big league’ as you say, no more than Norwood did, nor ‘earn’ the opportunity as you or those people like you like to think. The time has come that you and people like you, begin to understand and accept this as the truth in this matter and all else then follows from there.

The current mess the modern Port Adelaide’s in, is the result of the SANFL and Port Adelaide entering the ‘big league’ without due consideration that things could possibly go wrong. Enjoy the current modern Port ride in the ‘big league’ then (as you believe we’re all jealous of you), after all you deserve it, but how ironic you’ve appointed a Norwood man to get you out of the mess. KT a man from an SANFL football club which supported and nurtured his development and ‘which is now languishing in the ever shrinking local level’, as you so smugly point out without consideration once again of the repercussions to you.
legsman
Rookie

Postby legsman » Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:02 pm

beenreal wrote: Whereas IF I were to write that you were a myopic little twerp who is insanely jealous that my club gravitated to the Big League while your club languishes at an ever shrinking local level and who clearly has his head stuck so far up his bum that he can't see the world around him for what it truly is, THAT would be a personal potshot. But I would never actually write that.

Just consider should we all stop caring about the SANFL, who would then provide you with the next generation of star players, you and those like you in the ‘big league’ wait to be hand delivered to your door during trade week and to give your team and supporters renewed hope each and every year? Just consider where the next KT would come from, when Port next needs a bloke with values and integrity and consider the irony that you didn’t source such a person from the ‘big league’.

You need to rethink therefore and to consider the consequences and the affects on many levels and from a different viewpoint for a change and to avoid sarcasm, before you go accusing a loyal Norwood or SANFL supporter, that’s copped it royally from the moment Port approached the VFL for their own self serving purposes, of having....’clearly his head stuck so far up his bum that he can't see the world around him for what it truly is’......for you are, like way too many ill-informed, self serving, front runner port supporters, a kettle.... a kettle that’s calling the pot black and have had your heads collectively buried firmly where the sun don’t shine yourselves, for far too long
legsman
Rookie

Postby Barto » Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:52 pm

Keep an eye on the Magpies and make sure they don't drop any of these players to the ressies ;)
It's all the SANFL's fault.
Barto
Veteran

Has liked: 3 times

Postby Macca19 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:10 pm

UK Fan wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
beenreal wrote:
It's astounding you can't understand that 911 was the final straw for the likes of Ansett, while the GFC claimed luminaries such as Westpoint Property Group and ABC Learning, etc. And thus the effect filters down to club level crying out for decent sponsors.

And I'm pretty certain you'll find it is 80% of generated revenue that currently goes back to the SANFL. Of which The PAFC delivered in spades during its first decade in the AFL.

ABC learning went under due to poor management (sounds familiar?), they folded in 2008 when the economy was very strong, GFC hit in 2010. Again dont let facts get in the way :roll:

So Port turnover $30m your saying $24m goes to the SANFL? :lol:

You are out of your depth here...

For the 10th season in a row Ill try again.

Been Real can you produce any proof to back up this "general knowledge" claim that we steal 80% of your revenue.

Or are you yet again just telling us what you and Wakes reckon ????? Cos apart from informing you are wrong , you are out of yoru depth, you have nfi. I dont know how else the posters on this site can express it to you.

One way to PROVE us all wrong though buddy.

The court is yours..................

Given that the sanfl take all match day catering, all match day car parking and all match day advertising revenue, id say its probably not far off that the sanfl would take 80% of match day revenue from port games.
Macca19
League - Best 21

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby Barto » Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:13 pm

Which still wouldn't cover costs considering the poor crowds.
It's all the SANFL's fault.
Barto
Veteran

Has liked: 3 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL