AFL Reserves Discussion...

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Are you in favour of the proposal for the Crows Reserves to join the SANFL League competition?

Yes
17%
No
74%
Not fussed either way
9%

Total votes : 201

Re: AFL Reserves Discussion...

Postby Blackwhite » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:19 pm

LEH wrote:But, don't you think it will be fun to drink, get a little pissed & hang shit on them?
Could be quite funny, if a whole lot of 'neutrals' go & 'hook into them' :D
WESLO responses?
The Anti-Crows Cheer Squad
Could be fun, Pseudo :lol:

I love the sound of the anti-crows cheer squad, however I will not be paying to get in. If this means that I hurl stuff from outside the ground into the ground them so be it. Or we could all wait till 3 quarter time when the gates are opened so we do not have to pay to get in. That way, we could just run a complete muck in the last quarter :)
Blackwhite
Reserves

Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 44 times
Grassroots Team: Payneham NU

Postby Apachebulldog » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:55 am

Black and White over the years loved going to Alberton you will never see me there again..
SANFL 2000 - 2011 Central District 12 consecutive Grand Final appearances and 9 Premierships.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFF.

Hit em hard let them get up and hit em again.
Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 115 times

Postby bays2011 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:05 am

csbowes wrote:I won't be attending the SANFL from hereon... certainly won't be going to the AFL reserves match.

Besides, it shouldn't be called the SANFL anymore, it is technically AFL-SA now... the SANFL should do the right thing and rename itself and make a distinction between SANFL flags and AFL-SA flags, as its a different competition now.

Totally agree, the comp should be renamed. I wont be attending any games either.
bays2011
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 20 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Mic » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:42 am

bays2011 wrote:
csbowes wrote:I won't be attending the SANFL from hereon... certainly won't be going to the AFL reserves match.

Besides, it shouldn't be called the SANFL anymore, it is technically AFL-SA now... the SANFL should do the right thing and rename itself and make a distinction between SANFL flags and AFL-SA flags, as its a different competition now.

Totally agree, the comp should be renamed. I wont be attending any games either.

Call it the South Australian Development League (or SAD League for short).
Mic
League - Top 5

Has liked: 166 times
Been liked: 144 times

Postby therisingblues » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:48 pm

That'd be like cutting off your nose to spite your face.
The AFL has decided to take a dump on the SANFL, we should be withdrawing our support from that league, or specifically Crows and Power, rather than dreaming up ways to make our comp more unattractive.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby gossipgirl » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:53 pm

Adelaide Crows World champions 2017 - Crows 4.11 to Lions 4.5
gossipgirl
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1433 times
Been liked: 57 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby Pseudo » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:54 pm

Blackwhite wrote:
LEH wrote:But, don't you think it will be fun to drink, get a little pissed & hang shit on them?
WESLO responses?

I love the sound of the anti-crows cheer squad, however I will not be paying to get in. If this means that I hurl stuff from outside the ground into the ground them so be it. Or we could all wait till 3 quarter time when the gates are opened so we do not have to pay to get in. That way, we could just run a complete muck in the last quarter :)

^ what he said. I refuse to have my arse counted as it squeezes through the turnstile at an AFL-garbage match. I refuse to recognise either AFL entity in any way, shape or form. Next year's SANFL will consist of 18 rounds, in which 8 teams play each other twice and have four byes.
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1557 times

Postby Blackwhite » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:21 pm

Pseudo wrote:
Blackwhite wrote:
WESLO responses?

^ what he said. I refuse to have my arse counted as it squeezes through the turnstile at an AFL-garbage match. I refuse to recognise either AFL entity in any way, shape or form. Next year's SANFL will consist of 18 rounds, in which 8 teams play each other twice and have four byes.

I sure hope many are looking at it this way. If a lot of people are thinking like this, it will be interesting to see how the crows muster up 4000 to every game as they have guaranteed. Just another load of garbage.
Blackwhite
Reserves

Postby zipzap » Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:12 am

I'm reluctant to make any grand sweeping statements that I'll regret when footy season comes around, but right now I think, like Pseudo, that the training cone games are completely off the agenda. They are byes for all I care. Still tossing up whether I'll get a membership - individual or family as before (which I highly doubt)...maybe a low level one to give it a year's grace, to see how next season plays out.

The thing that keeps me going is my footy mad lad who is more Sturt / SANFL crazy that I've ever been. He lives for it (even insisted on wearing his Sturt guernsey, Sturt hat and taking his Sturt footy to the shops yesterday!). Taking him to the last GF on Sunday. But just when I'm feeling completely vigilant about my opposition to the desecration of the League, he drops little pearlers like "But what if Sturt were playing the Crows in the Grand Final, would you go then?"

Makes you think...
"A no vote from any club means there is some sort of risk involved in our entry into the competition not working," Steven Trigg.
zipzap
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 248 times
Been liked: 39 times

Postby Pseudo » Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:46 pm

zipzap wrote:The thing that keeps me going is my footy mad lad who is more Sturt / SANFL crazy that I've ever been. He lives for it (even insisted on wearing his Sturt guernsey, Sturt hat and taking his Sturt footy to the shops yesterday!). Taking him to the last GF on Sunday. But just when I'm feeling completely vigilant about my opposition to the desecration of the League, he drops little pearlers like "But what if Sturt were playing the Crows in the Grand Final, would you go then?"

Similar to what's happening chez Pseudo. We went to a Grand Final barbecue last week ( I went for the social occasion, not the football :p ). Told the kids that we were off to a barbie for the football. Master Pseudomite promptly went and put on his Glenelg guernsey and got his football to kick around, with absolutely zero input from myself.

Next year I am not taking out full membership of the GFC; I will not do so again until I am happy with the club's policy and direction. I might take out a season or home match ticket, if this turns out to be economical, bearing in mind that I will not attend the four bye games. However if either Pseudomite wants to continue being a member then I'll continue to purchase their junior memberships. I don't think that they should suffer for a reason they do not understand.

And if Glenelg was scheduled to play a bye team in the final match of the year, then Glenelg would already be premier. I would not attend any further scheduled bye games.
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1557 times

Postby Panther Pack » Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:20 pm

Agree don't want nothing to do with AFL reserves teams. Might sit in club rooms when we play either of them and drink and punt!

In fact I don't want to even see a thread dedicated to their games on SA Footy!!!!!!
Panther Pack
Reserves

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 139 times

Postby Blackwhite » Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:27 pm

Panther Pack wrote:Agree don't want nothing to do with AFL reserves teams. Might sit in club rooms when we play either of them and drink and punt!

In fact I don't want to even see a thread dedicated to their games on SA Footy!!!!!!

Good point PP, either do I and I'm sure most others would feel the same. Every game they are involved in is a farce.
Blackwhite
Reserves

Postby Grahaml » Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:09 pm

Surely it's time the SANFL club allegiances were altered here. Remove Port Adelaide Magpies, add Port Adelaide Power Reserves and Adelaide Crows Reserves

;)
Grahaml
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 169 times

Postby RustyCage » Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:31 pm

No
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby daysofourlives » Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:50 pm

Grahaml wrote:Surely it's time the SANFL club allegiances were altered here. Remove Port Adelaide Magpies, add Port Adelaide Power Reserves and Adelaide Crows Reserves

;)

Totally agree, how can they be called PAM, they are one club, the port adelaide power. The "state" league team is the powers reserves, call it that ffs
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Blackwhite » Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:07 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
Grahaml wrote:Surely it's time the SANFL club allegiances were altered here. Remove Port Adelaide Magpies, add Port Adelaide Power Reserves and Adelaide Crows Reserves

;)

Totally agree, how can they be called PAM, they are one club, the port adelaide power. The "state" league team is the powers reserves, call it that ffs

X2
Blackwhite
Reserves

Postby whufc » Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:43 pm

Panther Pack wrote:Agree don't want nothing to do with AFL reserves teams. Might sit in club rooms when we play either of them and drink and punt!

Yep when Central play the bye teams i will sit in the club rooms and support my club who proudly voted no. There is no way i could sit there and watch Ian Callinan playing against the Dogs, or stand near Crows fans who couldnt actually give a rats about the footy and are their for the social aspect and to take the piss out of the SANFL comp.

I will buy a Central home match ticket to still support my club.

I have no interest in going to any of the grounds of the Softcock Six, making my only away game down at Noarlunga which i will have a big one at.

The misses is already planning on how to spend the hundreds we will save next year.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5589 times
Been liked: 2530 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Blackwhite » Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:52 pm

Great idea whufc. You should be extremely proud that your club voted no. However I feel sorry for you because that means you'll only be watching about 9 or 10 games of league footy. Enjoy the trip to Nourlunga :)
Blackwhite
Reserves

Postby JohnnyG » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:31 am

Blackwhite wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:

;)

X2

x3
JohnnyG
Rookie

Has liked: 136 times
Been liked: 12 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Panther Pack » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:47 am

JohnnyG wrote:
Blackwhite wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:

;)

X2

x3

X4
Panther Pack
Reserves

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 139 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL