Trial Games Week 1 Discussion

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Trial Games Week 1 Discussion

by RustyCage » Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:59 pm

the joker wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
the joker wrote:
Macca19 wrote:[quote="the joker"][quote="DOC"]Also, no Motlop or Krakouer for Port.
they will add plenty to the magpies!!!!
And I thought Krakouer wasn't playing because Peel won't release him from his contract

Krak was at the ground with his son.

Think I read that Motlop wont be allowed to be listed by Port as there is a rule that back up players aren't allowed to have played AFL or state league football for 18 months prior.
that can't be true. Callinan played afl last year

Most definately is true.
Motlop will not be playing for Port[/quote]it might be true he is not playing. But the rule that you can't have played SANFL or AFL in the last 18 months can't be true can it or did nutter get an exemption.[/quote]

He played for the Crows so I think that's where his exemption comes in
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

by csbowes » Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:32 pm

SANFLnut wrote:
csbowes wrote:Let's remember it also cost them more to field a team this year too...

Admittedly they rested heaps of players in the second half and the margin doubled in the final term, but definitely agree its not a good advert for the club.

Membership is down 1,500 or close to 40% I believe...

The club did say the crowd was great though... (clap clap)

Your own post on another thread said Sturt membership was over 2300 compared to just under 3000 last year? Isn't that only 700 down at this early stage and just 20% lower than last year?

I thought they had 3,000ish last year, but the annual report said 4,000... I have no idea what the figure was at this time last year though, so its quite possible they're around the money, but I would have thought if you're around 2,500 now, you might end up with 3,000 by years end and if that's the case and in fact they did get 4,000 last year, that's really bad for the club.

Happy to stand corrected though if someone else has some data...
csbowes
League - Best 21

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 77 times

by SANFLnut » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:05 pm

The list of players who didn't play for South on the weekend makes their performance v Port a pretty good one. Plenty of improvement left from the inclusions alone. Might possibly reflect an improvement in their depth? Must be a while since their reserves side was genuinely competitive. Seems to be good signs early for Gotch.
SANFLnut
Reserves

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 65 times
Grassroots Team: Happy Valley

Previous

Board index   Football  SANFL