The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby StrayDog » Sun May 18, 2014 4:54 am

Wedgie wrote:Its really weird how the Power sing Sydney's song.

A few rip offs in Aussie Football club tunes. Theirs is just a copy of the Notre Dame's "Victory March."
Last edited by StrayDog on Sun May 18, 2014 5:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
"— here I opened wide the door; —
Darkness there, and nothing more."

- Edgar Allan Poe from " The Raven "

StrayDog
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1132 times
Been liked: 192 times

Postby StrayDog » Sun May 18, 2014 5:01 am

Dols wrote:Image

Same visual on two threads inside three minutes Dols? Slack mate. :lol:
"— here I opened wide the door; —
Darkness there, and nothing more."

- Edgar Allan Poe from " The Raven "

StrayDog
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1132 times
Been liked: 192 times

Postby sjt » Sun May 18, 2014 8:38 am

Apachebulldog wrote:https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=701652916515499&set=a.518972011450258.135109.125034534177343&type=1

I have just found this snippet in Hands off our SANFL on Facebook supposedly posted by Steve Summerton last year on his thoughts re Power RESERVES very interesting

It's a classic. Port magpies and now power reserves captain agreeing its a disgrace....until they paid him enough.
sjt
League - Best 21

Has liked: 118 times
Been liked: 59 times

Postby Maddawg » Sun May 18, 2014 9:16 am

To Dols, booney. kikinit

This is a serious question, so don’t take it as a dig but with the following, do you see the advantage gifted to you or would you consider having the below all part and parcel
Full Time Coaches, Fitness coach touted as one of the best in the world, Dieticians, Sports Physiologists, Fitness personnel, Doctors and Physios, Massage therapist , player e welfare managers, Million dollar facilities, Million dollar Fitness Facilities, recovery facilities, Million dollar Medical Facilities.
Full Time Professional AFL players averaging around 15 players per game with a combined salary of $2-$3 million dollars
Yes the crows have all of the above and I don’t give a shit as my club doesn’t nor does 7 other SANFL clubs.
I am not whinging because The Power is on Top I dislike the crows with a passion as well for playing in a comp and having these benefits and advantages.
And the thing that pisses every one of the most is you will not acknowledge the advantage given to your team.
You were granted an AFL licence, and good onya, but don’t use the resources of being given that and think you have no advantage or been given any advantage over your opposition. Most of the other items apart from the Salary cap could be taken that the club has worked to get those advantages. But unfortunately the Salary Cap can’t be.
Even Collingwood in the AFL have advantages over the comp in terms of $, but funnily enough a new word has entered the equation Equalisation, where the AFL has said we can’t have a team with that much financial clout and off field advantages although they have the same salary cap as the rest of the comp.
So the Brains trust at the AFL has seen how having a team with more resources will destroy their comp but for some reason you can’t see how it will destroy the SANFL
Maddawg
Mini-League

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 17 times
Grassroots Team: PHOS Camden

Postby Apachebulldog » Sun May 18, 2014 11:01 am

Hey fellow die hard SANFL nuts if you are still pi5%%ed off with this farce go to the SANFL web site listed below go to the contact section then to the heading Department click onto Community Engagement and leave your comment do this daily until these faarkwits get the message .

I have requested the sacking of Mr Olsen !!!!!!!
SANFL 2000 - 2011 Central District 12 consecutive Grand Final appearances and 9 Premierships.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFF.

Hit em hard let them get up and hit em again.
Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 115 times

Postby Aerie » Sun May 18, 2014 11:38 am

Maddawg wrote:To Dols, booney. kikinit

This is a serious question, so don’t take it as a dig but with the following, do you see the advantage gifted to you or would you consider having the below all part and parcel
Full Time Coaches, Fitness coach touted as one of the best in the world, Dieticians, Sports Physiologists, Fitness personnel, Doctors and Physios, Massage therapist , player e welfare managers, Million dollar facilities, Million dollar Fitness Facilities, recovery facilities, Million dollar Medical Facilities.
Full Time Professional AFL players averaging around 15 players per game with a combined salary of $2-$3 million dollars
Yes the crows have all of the above and I don’t give a shit as my club doesn’t nor does 7 other SANFL clubs.
I am not whinging because The Power is on Top I dislike the crows with a passion as well for playing in a comp and having these benefits and advantages.
And the thing that pisses every one of the most is you will not acknowledge the advantage given to your team.
You were granted an AFL licence, and good onya, but don’t use the resources of being given that and think you have no advantage or been given any advantage over your opposition. Most of the other items apart from the Salary cap could be taken that the club has worked to get those advantages. But unfortunately the Salary Cap can’t be.
Even Collingwood in the AFL have advantages over the comp in terms of $, but funnily enough a new word has entered the equation Equalisation, where the AFL has said we can’t have a team with that much financial clout and off field advantages although they have the same salary cap as the rest of the comp.
So the Brains trust at the AFL has seen how having a team with more resources will destroy their comp but for some reason you can’t see how it will destroy the SANFL

And don't forget the disadvantages the SANFL clubs have, chiefly the possibility of losing their best players (young or mature) in the draft, including having these players being chosen by the Crows or Power to play against them.

It is a credit that the SANFL clubs can and do compete and a disgrace that the Port Magpies have been able to add to their SANFL list with experienced top up players from outside their recruiting zone. Biemans, Bruggemann, Gordon, Krakouer, Slattery and Venter should all be told to find another club immediately and replaced with Under 21's from the Port Magpies zone. I would be willing to make an exception for Summerton - just because he is the only fair dinkum mature player for the Magpies who bleeds black and white, even though his club has been kicked out in favour of big brother. He shows the qualities you want to see in an SANFL player.

You would find Port Reserves would come back to the pack somewhat if they had to replace 3 genuine SANFL standard players (Bruggemann, Slattery, Biemans) with developing players from within their zone. The SANFL should have the balls to enforce this at the end of Round 9 before this season turns in to an absolute farce.
Aerie
Coach

Has liked: 147 times
Been liked: 503 times

Postby Maddawg » Sun May 18, 2014 12:02 pm

Apachebulldog wrote:Hey fellow die hard SANFL nuts if you are still pi5%%ed off with this farce go to the SANFL web site listed below go to the contact section then to the heading Department click onto Community Engagement and leave your comment do this daily until these faarkwits get the message .

I have requested the sacking of Mr Olsen !!!!!!!

I send a email to both the SANFL and AFL weekly, surprise surprise no response. But need to keep it up the more shit you through some of sticks
Maddawg
Mini-League

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 17 times
Grassroots Team: PHOS Camden

Postby LPH » Sun May 18, 2014 12:21 pm

I'm looking forward to sitting in the Stand near Trigg next Sunday!!! :evil:
WESLO... WESLO... WESLO... :lol:
Stephen Trigg & Rob Chapman are SA Football Patriots
LPH
League - Best 21

Has liked: 541 times
Been liked: 326 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby mickey » Sun May 18, 2014 12:42 pm

Aerie wrote:
And don't forget the disadvantages the SANFL clubs have, chiefly the possibility of losing their best players (young or mature) in the draft, including having these players being chosen by the Crows or Power to play against them.

This is the most ridiculous argument of all that have been put forward
mickey
Coach

Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 312 times
Grassroots Team: Seaton Ramblers

Postby whufc » Sun May 18, 2014 1:16 pm

mickey wrote:
Aerie wrote:

I think it's a fair argument

What other comp in the world can two teams in the same comp just decide they want one of your players and get to take them with the other club having zero chance to keep them and only get a small fee as compensation
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Jim05 » Sun May 18, 2014 1:24 pm

whufc wrote:
mickey wrote:
Aerie wrote:

What other comp in the world can two teams in the same comp just decide they want one of your players and get to take them with the other club having zero chance to keep them and only get a small fee as compensation

Have to agree. The compensation is nowhere near enough. The AFL sides should have to pay a sizeable transfer fee
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby whufc » Sun May 18, 2014 1:30 pm

Jim05 wrote:
whufc wrote:
mickey wrote:
Aerie wrote:

Have to agree. The compensation is nowhere near enough. The AFL sides should have to pay a sizeable transfer fee

But I'm sure all these port fans wouldn't be upset if the AFL decided due to Collingwood being so important to football in Victoria and financially crucial the AFL that at the end of every season they could pick X amount of players from any other AFL club and automatically recruit these bloke by offering them thousands more with their extra income they earn. In return the AFL club losing their players only gets $15k regardless off ability, importance and experience at that club
whufc
Coach

Postby mal » Sun May 18, 2014 2:41 pm

Should the 8 A grade SANFL clubs be granted a higher salary cap as from next season ?
With so many clubs been raped , I think it might be time for a substantial increase

BIGger salary cap
More quality players recruited
Increase standard of the Comp
More ImPORTs v exPORTs is needed
mal
Coach

Has liked: 1138 times
Been liked: 892 times

Postby whufc » Sun May 18, 2014 3:04 pm

You do have to laugh, just two left clicks of your mouse and you can enter the AFL thread where you will get hundreds of examples of crows and power fans whinging about Victorian teams not having to travel, COLA, soft/hard draws, amount of draft picks given to GWS and GC, father son rules, which team the local media favour and yet when SANFL whinge about a genuine concern they turn a blind eye.
whufc
Coach

Postby CUTTERMAN » Sun May 18, 2014 7:36 pm

The silence is deafening
'PAFC don't want any advantages in the SANFL. It would only take away from any achievements we earned.'
Keith Thomas ABC 891 Radio, 21/6/14.
CUTTERMAN
League - Top 5

Has liked: 213 times
Been liked: 124 times

Postby Dutchy » Sun May 18, 2014 8:07 pm

dedja wrote:
It's very clear now that Port has such an unfair advantage that this season will finish in a farce on GF day.

It actually would be more of a farce if they do not win the flag, cause if they don't it will mean they are resting players in the finals, post Power exit, which I can see happening
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Dols » Sun May 18, 2014 8:28 pm

mal wrote:Should the 8 A grade SANFL clubs be granted a higher salary cap as from next season ?
With so many clubs been raped , I think it might be time for a substantial increase

BIGger salary cap
and 8 broke clubs
Dols
Reserves

Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Jim05 » Sun May 18, 2014 8:42 pm

Dols wrote:
mal wrote:Should the 8 A grade SANFL clubs be granted a higher salary cap as from next season ?

BIGger salary cap
and 8 broke clubs

Thats the only thing I agree with you on.
We cant afford it.
Much easier to peg back the 2 AFL sides and it can be done fairly simply IMO.
- No top ups over 23yo
- Cap AFL players to 12 per game
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby CUTTERMAN » Sun May 18, 2014 8:43 pm

Time for SANFL clubs to demand transfer fees that reflect true market value instead of a nominal drip fed pittance. What SANFL clubs would've got for Motley, Bradley, Kernahan, Platten etc 20-30 years ago would probably be more than what Sturt would get for Wingard. Monfries, Day and Trengove. It's a disgrace. I'd think a first round draft pick should return at least $100k to the club, that in turn can go back into development and recruiting other players to make the comp stronger.
Turn it around onto the GAYFL clubs. You want them, you pay. Let's see just how profitable these clubs are then.....not that they are now.
'PAFC don't want any advantages in the SANFL. It would only take away from any achievements we earned.'
Keith Thomas ABC 891 Radio, 21/6/14.
CUTTERMAN
League - Top 5

Has liked: 213 times
Been liked: 124 times

Postby Dols » Sun May 18, 2014 8:49 pm

Jim05 wrote:
Dols wrote:

BIGger salary cap
and 8 broke clubs

Thats the only thing I agree with you on.
We cant afford it.
Much easier to peg back the 2 AFL sides and it can be done fairly simply IMO.
- No top ups over 23yo
- Cap AFL players to 12 per game
can't argue about the under 23's, can't limit to 12 a game though, defeats the purpose of playing together. Let's be honest there is an Irishman out there that has played 3 games and he is doing it a lot better then a majority of 'guns' from other clubs. The other 8 clubs need to work harder. The Maggie's aren't any better but gees they are a hell of a lot fitter.
Dols
Reserves

Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL